Altruism and the Care of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Japanese Families
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schoeni, Robert F, 1997.
"Private Interhousehold Transfers of Money and Time: New Empirical Evidence,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(4), pages 423-448, December.
- Lam, D. & Schoeni, R.F., 1993. "Private Interhousehold Transfers of Money and Time: New Empirical Evidence," Papers 93-26, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Hoerger, Thomas J & Picone, Gabriel A & Sloan, Frank A, 1996.
"Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care and Living Arrangements of the Elderly,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 428-440, August.
- Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank, 1995. "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly," Working Papers 95-22, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Liliana E. Pezzin & Barbara Steinberg Schone, 1999. "Intergenerational Household Formation, Female Labor Supply and Informal Caregiving: A Bargaining Approach," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 475-503.
- Cox, Donald & Rank, Mark R, 1992. "Inter-vivos Transfers and Intergenerational Exchange," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 305-314, May.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Ohtake, F., 1991. "Bequest Motives of Aged Households in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0249, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1992. "Collective Labor Supply and Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1995.
"Is the Japanese Extended Family Altruistically Linked? A Test Based on Engel Curves,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(3), pages 661-674, June.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1995. "Is the Japanese Extended Family Altruistically Linked? A Test based on Engel Curves," NBER Working Papers 5033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pezzin, Liliana E & Schone, Barbara Steinberg, 1997. "The Allocation of Resources in Intergenerational Households: Adult Children and Their Elderly Parents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 460-464, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Ameriks & Andrew Caplin & Steven Laufer & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2007. "The Joy of Giving or Assisted Living? Using Strategic Surveys to Separate Bequest and Precautionary Motives," NBER Working Papers 13105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aoki, Takaaki, 2008. "On the Implications of Two-way Altruism in Human-Capital-Based OLG Model," MPRA Paper 12492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yukawa, Shiho, 2012.
[The Effect of Women's Wage on Elderly Care]," MPRA Paper 35801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isosujp.html .