Old-Age Support in Developing Countries: Labor Supply, Ingenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maxim Engers & Steven Stern, 2002. "Long-Term Care and Family Bargaining," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 73-114, February.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Hiedemann, Bridget & Stern, Steven, 1999.
"Strategic play among family members when making long-term care decisions,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 29-57, September.
- Steven Stern & Bridget Hiedemann, 1999. "Strategic Play Among Family Members When Making Long-Term Care Decisions," Virginia Economics Online Papers 321, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Lee Lillard & Robert Willis, 1997.
"Motives for interqenerational transfers: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(1), pages 115-134, February.
- Lillard, L-A & Willis, R-J, 1997. "Motives for Intergenerational Transfers. Evidence from Malaysia," Papers 97-04, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Ravallion, Martin & Dearden, Lorraine, 1988. "Social Security in a "Moral Economy": An Empirical Analysis for Java," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 36-44, February.
- Cox, Donald C & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1992. "Social Security and Private Transfers in Developing Countries: The Case of Peru," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(1), pages 155-169, January.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1997.
"Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1121-1166, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, "undated". "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," IPR working papers 95-22, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 65, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- McGarry, K & Schoeni, R-F, 1996. "Measurement and the Redistribution of Resources Within the Family," Papers 96-11, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Hoerger, Thomas J & Picone, Gabriel A & Sloan, Frank A, 1996.
"Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care and Living Arrangements of the Elderly,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 428-440, August.
- Hoerger, Thomas J. & Picone, Gabriel & Sloan, Frank, 1995. "Public Subsidies, Private Provision of Care, and Living Arrangements of the Elderly," Working Papers 95-22, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Secondi, 1997. "Private monetary transfers in rural china: Are families altruistic?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 487-511.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Angus S. Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998. "Measuring Poverty among the Elderly," NBER Chapters,in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 169-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Cameron, 2000.
"The residency decision of elderly indonesians: A nested logit analysis,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 37(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Cameron, L., 1998. "The Residency Decision of Elderly Indonesians: A Nested Logit Analysis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 638, The University of Melbourne.
- Hoddinott, John, 1992. "Rotten Kids or Manipulative Parents: Are Children Old Age Security in Western Kenya?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 545-565, April.
- Hanoch, Giora & Honig, Marjorie, 1983. "Retirement, Wages, and Labor Supply of the Elderly," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(2), pages 131-151, April.
- Pezzin, Liliana E & Schone, Barbara Steinberg, 1997. "The Allocation of Resources in Intergenerational Households: Adult Children and Their Elderly Parents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 460-464, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Gibson & Susan Olivia & Scott Rozelle, 2011. "How widespread are nonlinear crowding out effects? The response of private transfers to income in four developing countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4053-4068.
More about this item
KeywordsPENSION SCHEMES ; LABOUR ; CHILDREN;
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .