Citations for "The Revenge of Homo Economicus: Contested Exchange and the Revival of Political Economy"
by Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis
- Russell Smyth & Dic Lo, 2000. "Theories of the Firm and the Relationship between Different Perspectives on the Division of Labour," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 333-349.
- Fontana, Magda, 2010.
"Can neoclassical economics handle complexity? The fallacy of the oil spot dynamic,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 584-596, December.
- Magda Fontana, 2010. "Can Neoclassical Economics Handle Complexity? The Fallacy of the Oil Spot Dynamic," Post-Print hal-00911826, HAL.
- Jim Wishloff, 2009. "The Land of Realism and the Shipwreck of Idea-ism: Thomas Aquinas and Milton Friedman on the Social Responsibilities of Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 137-155, March.
- M'Gonigle, R. Michael, 1999. "Ecological economics and political ecology: towards a necessary synthesis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 11-26, January.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Macario Schettino, 1995. "Intuition and Institutions. The Bounded Society," Economic History 9507001, EconWPA.
- Valeria Sodano, 2011. "The New Division of Labor in the Globalized Economy: Women’s Challenges and Opportunities," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 40(3), pages 281-298, October.
- James Heintz, 2002. "Capital Accumulation and Macro Policy in South Africa: Political Instability, Distributive Conflict, and Economic Institutions," Working Papers wp29, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Riechmann, Thomas & Weimann, Joachim, 2008. "Competition as a coordination device: Experimental evidence from a minimum effort coordination game," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 437-454, June.
- Thomas Riechmann & Joachim Weimann, 2004. "Competition as a Coordination Device. Experimental Evidence from a Minimum Effort Coordination Game," Game Theory and Information 0405011, EconWPA.
- Marta Podemska-Mikluch & Richard Wagner, 2013. "Dyads, triads, and the theory of exchange: Between liberty and coercion," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 171-182, June.
- Gregory Dow, 1996. "Replicating Walrasian equilibria using markets for membership in labor-managed firms," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 2(1), pages 147-162, December.
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Hoffmann, Magnus, 2006. "Enforcement of Property Rights in a Barter Economy," MPRA Paper 3260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Alanson P. Minkler, 1997. "Preferences, cooperation, and Institutions," Working papers 1997-06, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Magnus Hoffmann, 2010. "Enforcement of property rights in a barter economy," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 34(2), pages 249-263, February.
- Vesna Stavrevska, 2011. "The efficiency wages perspective to wage rigidity in the open economy: a survey," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 273-299, June.
- L.F.M. Groot & D.E. van der Linde, 2015. "The Labor Managed Firm: Permanent or Start Subsidies?," Working Papers 15-04, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Rider, Robert, 1999. "Conflict, the sire of exchange: "Violence is the sire of all the world's values." Robinson Jeffers," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 217-232, November.
- Robert L. Clark & Lee A. Craig & John Sabelhaus, 2011. "State and Local Retirement Plans in the United States," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13685.
- Kaufman, Bruce E., 2003. "The organization of economic activity: insights from the institutional theory of John R. Commons," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 71-96, September.
- Roger Frydman, 1998. "Représentations de la société marchande et démarches de l'économiste. Le cas des néo-institutionnalismes," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(1), pages 57-79.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1993. "Contested Exchange versus the Governance of Contractual Relations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 103-108, Winter.
- Levine, Jordan & Chan, Kai M.A. & Satterfield, Terre, 2015. "From rational actor to efficient complexity manager: Exorcising the ghost of Homo economicus with a unified synthesis of cognition research," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 22-32.
- Charles Anderton, 2003. "Economic theorizing of conflict: Historical contributions, future possibilities," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 209-222.
- Palmer-Jones, Richard & Jackson, Cecile, 1997. "Work intensity, gender and sustainable development," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 39-62, February.
- Kjell Hausken, 2013. "Exchange of goods while investing into production and safety," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 29-35.
- Roth, Timothy P., 1997. "Competence-difficulty gaps, ethics and the new social welfare theory," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 533-552.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2014. "Big Ideas in Macroeconomics: A Nontechnical View," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262019736, January.
- Peter Hans Matthews & Ivan T. Kandilov, 2002. "The Cost of Job Loss and the "New" Phillips Curve," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 181-202, Spring.
- Peter Hans Matthews, 2004. "Who is Post-Walrasian Man?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0412, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Theodore Burczak, 2009. "Why Austrian socialism?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 297-300, September.
- Richard E. Wagner, 2012. "Deficits, Debt, and Democracy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14477.
- Kaufman, Bruce E., 1998. "Regulation of the employment relationship: The 'old' institutional perspective," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 349-385, March.
- Korkut Alp Ertürk, 2011. "Governance and Asymmetric Power," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jimena Hurtado, 2005. "The Utilitarian Foundations Of The Economic Approach To Human Behavior," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 003633, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Valeria Sodano, 2006. "Power and the Analysis of the Food System," Department of Economics University of Siena 478, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- D. P. T. Young, 2000. "Firms' Market Power, Endogenous Preferences and the Focus of Competition Policy," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 73-87.
- Tarik AKIN & Abbas MIRAKHOR, 2016. "Efficiency with Rule-Compliance: A Contribution to the Theory of the Firm in Islamic Economics," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 560-574, September.
- Weinstein, Olivier, 2013. "Comment comprendre les « communs » : Elinor Ostrom, la propriété et la nouvelle économie institutionnelle," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 14.
- Ramanna Karthik, 2013. "The International Politics of IFRS Harmonization," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-45, January.
- S. Zamagni, 1994. "Economia e filosofia," Working Papers 184, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andrew Farrant, 2009. "A symposium on Theodore Burczak’s, Socialism after Hayek," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 281-284, September.
- Yahya Madra & Fikret Adaman, 2013. "Neoliberal reason and its forms:Depoliticization through economization," Working Papers 2013/07, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Jaime Lozano, 1999. "Economía institucional y ciencia económica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 1(1), pages 99-128, July-dece.
- Korkut Erturk, 2016. "Asymmetric Power and Market Failure: Power Hazard in Exchange," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2016_02, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2012. "Rewarding carrots and crippling sticks: Eliciting employee preferences for the optimal incentive design," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1247-1265.
- Heugens, P.P.M.A.R. & Kaptein, S.P. & van Oosterhout, J., 2007. "Contracts to Communities: A Processual Model of Organizational Virtue," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-023-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Louis Makowski, 2001. "Perfect Competition and the Creativity of the Market," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 479-535, June.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2003. "Restraining the Genuine Homo Economicus: Why the Economy Cannot Be Divorced from Its Governance," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 135-162, 07.
- Skaperdas, Stergios, 2003.
"Restraining the genuine homo economicus: why the economy cannot be divorced from its governance
[Die Beschränkung des genuinen Homo Economicus: Warum wirtschaftliche Prozesse und Governancestruktur," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2003-03, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2003. "Restraining the Genuine Homo Economicus: Why the Economy Cannot be Divorced from its Governance," CESifo Working Paper Series 901, CESifo Group Munich.
- Whittaker, Julie, 2011. "The evolution of environmentally responsible investment: An Adam Smith perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 33-41.
- Wagner, Richard E., 2012. "A macro economy as an ecology of plans," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 433-444.
- Monica Auteri & Richard Wagner, 2007. "The Organizational Architecture of Nonprofit Governance: Economic Calculation Within an Ecology of Enterprises," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 57-68, March.
- Gillian Hewitson, 2001. "A Survey of Feminist Economics," Working Papers 2001.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.