Economía institucional y ciencia económica
This article presents a comparative analysis of the approaches of institutional economics and Walrasian economics. After reviewing the differences between both perspectives, it argues that institutional economics is an alternative, however incomplete, to general equilibrium economics. It compares the way both tendencies conceive the individual, knowledge, efficiency and the economic order, to point out the differences. Some methodological discussion derived from these differences is indicated.
Volume (Year): 1 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July-december)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirman, Alan, 1989. "The Intrinsic Limits of Modern Economic Theory: The Emperor Has No Clothes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 126-39, Supplemen.
- Douglass C. North, 1993. "Five Propositions about Institutional Change," Economic History 9309001, EconWPA.
- Kirman, A., 1997.
"Interaction and Markets,"
ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica
166, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- Douglass C. North, 1996. "Where Have We Been And Where Are We Going?," Economic History 9612001, EconWPA.
- Douglass C. North, 1993. "The New Institutional Economics and Development," Economic History 9309002, EconWPA.
- Coase, Ronald, 1998. "The New Institutional Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 72-74, May.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 1993. "The Revenge of Homo Economicus: Contested Exchange and the Revival of Political Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 83-102, Winter.
- Douglass C. North, 1994. "Privatization, Incentives And Economic Performance," Economic History 9411002, EconWPA.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1986. "Theoretical Models: Mathematical Forms and Economic Content," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1259-70, November.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:1:y:1999:i:1:p:99-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.