Crisis as Opportunity: Local Context, Adaptive Agents and the Possibilities of Rural Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel R. Fusfeld, 1980. "The Conceptual Framework of Modern Economics," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-52, March.
- Manski, Charles F., 1992. "Identification Problems In The Social Sciences," SSRI Workshop Series 292716, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Ronald H. Coase, 2000. "The new institutional economics," Chapters, in: Claude Ménard (ed.), Institutions, Contracts and Organizations, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1979.
"Rational Decision Making in Business Organizations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 493-513, September.
- Simon, Herbert A., 1978. "Rational Decision-Making in Business Organizations," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1978-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Joshua M. Epstein & Robert L. Axtell, 1996. "Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550253.
- James I. Sturgeon, 1984. "Induction and Instrumentalism in Institutional Thought," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 599-609, June.
- James G. March, 1991. "Exploration and Exploitation in Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 71-87, February.
- Steve Bankes, 1993. "Exploratory Modeling for Policy Analysis," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 435-449, June.
- Michael J. Radzicki, 1990. "Institutional Dynamics, Deterministic Chaos, and Self-Organizing Systems," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 57-102, March.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
- Waters, Edward C. & Holland, David W. & Weber, Bruce A., 1994. "Interregional Effects Of Reduced Timber Harvests: The Impact Of The Northern Spotted Owl Listing In Rural And Urban Oregon," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Gernot Grabher & David Stark, 1997. "Organizing Diversity: Evolutionary Theory, Network Analysis and Postsocialism," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 533-544.
- Eldon D. Smith, 1996. "Methodology for Agricultural Economists: An Instrumentalist Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 906-915.
- Douglas Vickers, 1997. "Social Science Fiction and the Suspension of Disbelief," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 89-101, September.
- Warren J. Samuels, 1997. "On the Nature and Utility of the Concept of Equilibrium," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 77-88, September.
- Le Moigne, Jean-Louis, 1995. "On theorizing the complexity of economic systems," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 477-499.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Emilia Obiñska-Wajda, 2016. "The new institutional economics - main theories," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 12(1), pages 78-85, June.
- Giannoccaro, Ilaria, 2015. "Adaptive supply chains in industrial districts: A complexity science approach focused on learning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PB), pages 576-589.
- Christina Fang & Jeho Lee & Melissa A. Schilling, 2010. "Balancing Exploration and Exploitation Through Structural Design: The Isolation of Subgroups and Organizational Learning," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 625-642, June.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001.
"Une lecture hirschmaninne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(5), pages 743-762.
- Vincent Frigant, 2001. "Une lecture hirschmanienne de la coordination : le loyalisme dans les systèmes productifs territorialisés," Post-Print hal-00671624, HAL.
- Gonzalo Caballero, 2004. "Instituciones e historia económica: enfoques y teorías institucionales," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 6(10), pages 135-157, January-J.
- Kent D. Miller & Shu-Jou Lin, 2010. "Different Truths in Different Worlds," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(1), pages 97-114, February.
- Norma Rantisi, 2002. "The Local Innovation System as a Source of 'Variety': Openness and Adaptability in New York City's Garment District," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 587-602.
- Laurence Amblard & J.P. Colin, 2009. "Reverse tenancy in Romania: Actors' rationales and equity outcomes," Post-Print hal-00454533, HAL.
- Rahmeyer Fritz, 2013. "Schumpeter, Marshall, and Neo-Schumpeterian Evolutionary Economics: A Critical Stocktaking," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 233(1), pages 39-64, February.
- Keiki Takadama & Takao Terano & Katsunori Shimohara, 2003. "Interpretation by Implementation for Understanding a Multiagent Organization," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 19-35, May.
- PrÃ©vost, BenoÃ®t & Rivaud, Audrey, 2018. "The World Bankâ€™s environmental strategies: Assessing the influence of a biased use of New Institutional Economics on legal issues," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(PB), pages 370-380.
- Tian, Qing & Holland, John H. & Brown, Daniel G., 2016. "Social and economic impacts of subsidy policies on rural development in the Poyang Lake Region, China: Insights from an agent-based model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 12-27.
- Knudsen, Thorbjorn, 2003. "Simon's selection theory: Why docility evolves to breed successful altruism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 229-244, April.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 1999. "On the Complexities of Complex Economic Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 169-192, Fall.
- Ron Boschma, 2015.
"Towards an Evolutionary Perspective on Regional Resilience,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 733-751, May.
- Ron Boschma, 2014. "Towards an evolutionary perspective on regional resilience," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1409, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2014.
- Boschma, Ron, 2014. "Towards an evolutionary perspective on regional resilience," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/14, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Serkan Degirmenci, 2011. "Do Institutions Matter for Regional Economic Growth and Development? The Case of Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1374, European Regional Science Association.
- Pauline Barrieu & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2009. "Economic Policy when Models Disagree," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-03, CIRANO.
- Friederike Wall, 2016. "Agent-based modeling in managerial science: an illustrative survey and study," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 135-193, January.
- Monique Girard & David Stark, 2001. "Distributing Intelligence and Organizing Diversity in New Media Projects," Working Papers 01-12-082, Santa Fe Institute.
- Fritz Rahmeyer, 2010. "A Neo-Darwinian Foundation of Evolutionary Economics. With an Application to the Theory of the Firm," Discussion Paper Series 309, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMethodology; Overdeterminism; Complexity; Case Studies; Agent-BASED Models;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:35:y:2001:i:2:p:141-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.