Work intensity, gender and sustainable development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alderman, Harold, et al, 1995. "Unitary versus Collective Models of the Household: Is It Time to Shift the Burden of Proof?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Suen, Wing & Mo, Pak Hung, 1994. "Simple Analytics of Productive Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 372-383, April.
- Akerlof, George A, 1984. "Gift Exchange and Efficiency-Wage Theory: Four Views," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 79-83, May.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817, June.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1991. "On The Concept Of Power In Economics," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 265-277, November.
- Jackson, Cecile, 1993. "Doing what comes naturally? Women and environment in development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(12), pages 1947-1963, December.
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R & Hassan, Md Nazmul, 1990.
"Productivity, Health, and Inequality in the Intrahousehold Distribution of Food in Low-Income Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1139-1156, December.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Hassan, Md. Nazmul, 1989. "Productivity, Health and Inequality in the Intrahousehold Distribution of Food in Low-Income Countries," Bulletins 7480, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Maria Sagrario Floro, 1995. "Women's well-being, poverty, and work intensity," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 1-25.
- Hart, Gillian, 1986. "Interlocking transactions : Obstacles, Precursors or Instruments of Agrarian Capitalism?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 177-203, September.
- Cecile Jackson, 1993. "Questioning synergism: Win‐win with women in population and environment policies?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(6), pages 651-668, November.
- Harriss, Barbara, 1979. "Post Harvest Rice Processing Systems In Rural Bangladesh: Technology, Economics And Employment," Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, vol. 2(1).
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 1993. "The Revenge of Homo Economicus: Contested Exchange and the Revival of Political Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 83-102, Winter.
- Folbre, Nancy, 1986. "Hearts and spades: Paradigms of household economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 245-255, February.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711 Elsevier.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Broad, Robin, 1994. "The poor and the environment: Friends or foes?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 811-822, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loake, C., 2001. "Energy accounting and well-being -- examining UK organic and conventional farming systems through a human energy perspective," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 275-294, October.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0118-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Lance W. & Ericksen, Polly J. & Chesterman, Sabrina & Worden, Jeffrey S., 2015. "Sustainable intensification in drylands: What resilience and vulnerability can tell us," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 133-140.
- Midilli, Adnan & Dincer, Ibrahim & Ay, Murat, 2006. "Green energy strategies for sustainable development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3623-3633, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:22:y:1997:i:1:p:39-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.