Test for cointegration rank in general vector autoregressions
Johansen derived the asymptotic theory for his cointegration rank test statisic for a vector autoregression where the parameters are restricted so the process is integrated of order one. It is investigated to what extent these parameter restrictions are binding. The eigenvalues of Johansen’s eigenvalue problem are shown to have the same consistency rates accross the parameter space. The test statistic is shown to have the usual asymptotic distribution as long as the possibilities of additional unit roots and of singular explosiveness are ruled out. To prove the results the convergence of stochastic integrals with respect to singular explosive processes is considered.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren & Schaumburg, Ernst, 1998.
"Likelihood analysis of seasonal cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 301-339, November.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Tassos Magdalinos, 2007.
"Limit Theory for Explosively Cointegrated Systems,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1614, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bent Nielsen, 2005.
"Analysis of co-explosive processes,"
2005-W08, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Johansen, Søren, 1995.
"A Stastistical Analysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 25-59, February.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "A Statistical Analsysis of Cointegration for I(2) Variables," Papers 77, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- de Jong, Robert M. & Davidson, James, 2000.
"The Functional Central Limit Theorem And Weak Convergence To Stochastic Integrals I,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 621-642, October.
- Davidson, James & de Jong, Robert M., 2000. "The Functional Central Limit Theorem And Weak Convergence To Stochastic Integrals Ii," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(05), pages 643-666, October.
- E ric E ngler & B ent N ielsen, 2009.
"The empirical process of autoregressive residuals,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 367-381, 07.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Bent Nielsen, 2001. "Order determination in general vector autoregressions," Economics Papers 2001-W10, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- la Cour, Lisbeth, 1998. "A Parametric Characterization Of Integrated Vector Autoregressive (Var) Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 187-199, April.
- Bent Nielsen, 2003.
"Correlograms for non-stationary autoregressions,"
2003-W11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Nielsen, Bent, 2001. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Unit Root Tests of Unstable Autoregressive Processes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(1), pages 211-219, January.
- Bent Nielsen, "undated". "On the distribution of tests of cointegration rank," Economics Papers 1997-W10, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bauer, Dietmar, 2009. "Almost Sure Bounds On The Estimation Error For Ols Estimators When The Regressors Include Certain Mfi(1) Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 571-582, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nuf:econwp:0910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Collett)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.