The Role of Polygyny in the Intrahousehold Efficiency of Agricultural Production in West Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nava Ashraf, 2009. "Spousal Control and Intra-household Decision Making: An Experimental Study in the Philippines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1245-1277, September.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert A, 1993.
"Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, pages 988-1010.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Working Papers 91-08, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-08, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Harounan Kazianga & Stefan Klonner, 2009.
"The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0902, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Klonner, Stefan, 2009. "The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali," MPRA Paper 12859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Akresh & Joyce J. Chen & Charity T. Moore, 2016.
"Altruism, Cooperation, and Efficiency: Agricultural Production in Polygynous Households,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 661-696.
- Akresh, Richard & Chen, Joyce J & Moore, Charity, 2011. "Altruism, Cooperation, and Efficiency: Agricultural Production in Polygynous Households," IZA Discussion Papers 6265, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Marriage: Part II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 11-26, Part II, .
- Jacoby, Hanan G, 1995. "The Economics of Polygyny in Sub-Saharan Africa: Female Productivity and the Demand for Wives in Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 938-971, October.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1993. "Sequential Labor Decisions under Uncertainty: An Estimable Household Model of West-African Farmers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1173-1197, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015.
"The Risk of Polygamy and Wives Saving Behavior,"
PSE Working Papers
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015. "The Risk of Polygamy and Wives' Saving Behavior," Working Papers DT/2015/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Boltz,Marie & Chort,Isabelle, 2016. "The risk of polygamy and wives'saving behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7860, The World Bank.
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015. "The Risk of Polygamy and Wives' Saving Behaviour," Post-Print hal-01515934, HAL.
- Elisabeth Cudeville & Charlotte Guénard & Anne-Sophie Robilliard, 2017. "Polygamy and female labour supply in Senegal," WIDER Working Paper Series 127, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsPolygyny; Efficiency; Agriculture; Africa;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D79 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Other
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-09-06 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-09-06 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-09-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:1323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.