The Role of Polygyny in the Intrahousehold Efficiency of Agricultural Production in West Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nava Ashraf, 2009. "Spousal Control and Intra-household Decision Making: An Experimental Study in the Philippines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1245-1277, September.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert A, 1993.
"Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 988-1010, December.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Working Papers 91-08, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-08, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Harounan Kazianga & Stefan Klonner, 2009.
"The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0902, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Klonner, Stefan, 2009. "The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali," MPRA Paper 12859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Akresh & Joyce J. Chen & Charity T. Moore, 2016.
"Altruism, Cooperation, and Efficiency: Agricultural Production in Polygynous Households,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 661-696.
- Akresh, Richard & Chen, Joyce J & Moore, Charity, 2011. "Altruism, Cooperation, and Efficiency: Agricultural Production in Polygynous Households," IZA Discussion Papers 6265, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Marriage: Part II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 11-26, Part II, .
- Jacoby, Hanan G, 1995. "The Economics of Polygyny in Sub-Saharan Africa: Female Productivity and the Demand for Wives in Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 938-971, October.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1993. "Sequential Labor Decisions under Uncertainty: An Estimable Household Model of West-African Farmers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1173-1197, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015.
"The Risk of Polygamy and Wives Saving Behavior,"
PSE Working Papers
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015. "The Risk of Polygamy and Wives' Saving Behavior," Working Papers DT/2015/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Boltz,Marie & Chort,Isabelle, 2016. "The risk of polygamy and wives'saving behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7860, The World Bank.
- Marie Boltz & Isabelle Chort, 2015. "The Risk of Polygamy and Wives' Saving Behaviour," Post-Print hal-01515934, HAL.
- Nkechi S. Owoo & Elizabeth Bageant & Joanna Upton, 2018. "Food insecurity and family structure in Nigeria," Working Papers PMMA 2018-02, PEP-PMMA.
- Elisabeth Cudeville & Charlotte Guénard & Anne-Sophie Robilliard, 2017. "Polygamy and female labour supply in Senegal," WIDER Working Paper Series 127, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsPolygyny; Efficiency; Agriculture; Africa;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D79 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Other
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-09-06 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-09-06 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2013-09-06 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:1323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .