Unemployment and labour market institutions : the failure of the empirical case for deregulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1991. "Unemployment in the OECD Countries," Economics Series Working Papers 99130, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & David Jestaz & Edmund S. Phelps & Gylfi Zoega, 2000.
"Roots of the Recent Recoveries: Labor Reforms or Private Sector Forces?,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 237-311.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & David Jestaz & Edmund S Phelps & Gylfi Zoega, 2000. "Roots of the Recent Recoveries: Labor Reforms or Private Sector Forces?," Post-Print hal-01011185, HAL.
- Fitoussi, J-P & Jestaz, D. & Phelps, E.S. & Zoega, G., 2000. "Roots of the Recent Recoveries : Labor Reforms or Private-Sector Forces ?," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2000-04, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & David Jestaz & Edmund S Phelps & Gylfi Zoega, 2000. "Roots of the Recent Recoveries: Labor Reforms or Private Sector Forces?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5571, Sciences Po.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2000. "The US Economic Model at Y2K: Lodestar for Advanced Capitalism?," NBER Working Papers 7757, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert Ma, Ching-to & Weiss, Andrew M., 1993. "A signaling theory of unemployment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 135-157, January.
- Worswick,G. D. N., 1991. "Unemployment: A Problem of Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521400343.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5571 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nickell, S., 1991. "Wages, Unemployment and Population Change," Economics Series Working Papers 99122, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Simon Sturn, 2012.
"The impact of monetary policy on unemployment hysteresis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(21), pages 2743-2756, July.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Simon Sturn, 2008. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Unemployment Hysteresis," IMK Working Paper 15-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Ronchi, Maddalena & di Mauro, Filippo, 2017.
"Wage bargaining regimes and firms' adjustments to the Great Recession,"
Working Paper Series
2051, European Central Bank.
- Ronchi, Maddalena & di Mauro, Filippo, 2017. "Wage Bargaining Regimes and Firms' Adjustments to the Great Recession," IWH-CompNet Discussion Papers 1/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Zuzana Potužáková & Stanislava Mildeová, 2015.
"Analýza příčin a důsledků nezaměstnanosti mladých v Evropské unii
[Analysis of Causes and Consequences of the Youth Unployment in the EU]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(7), pages 877-894.
- Vasiliki Bozani, 2011. "NAIRU, Unemployment and Post Keynesian Economics," Working Papers 1104, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Nazia Anjum & Zahid Perviz, 2016. "Effect of Trade Openness on Unemployment in Case of Labour and Capital Abundant Countries," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 5(1), pages 44-58, March.
- Vasiliki Bozani, 2011. "NAIRU, Unemployment and Post Keynesian Economics," Working Papers 1105, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Amable, Bruno & Demmou, Lilas & Gatti, Donatella, 2007. "Employment Performance and Institutions: New Answers to an Old Question," IZA Discussion Papers 2731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Margarita Katsimi & Sarantis Kalyvitis & Thomas Moutos, 2009. ""Unwarranted" Wage Changes and the Return on Capital," CESifo Working Paper Series 2804, CESifo Group Munich.
- Horváth, Gergely, 2006.
"A munkapiaci intézmények hatása a munkanélküliségi rátára
[The effect of labour-market institutions on the unemployment rate]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 744-768.
- Sarkar, Prabirjit, 2011. "Does employment protection lead to unemployment? A panel data analysis of OECD countries, 1990-2008," MPRA Paper 35547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johanna Kemper, 2016. "Resolving the Ambiguity: A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Employment Protection on Employment and Unemployment," KOF Working papers 16-405, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment; labour policy; labour relations; employment security; unemployment benefit; measurement; OECD countries; literature survey; chômage; politique du travail; relations de travail; sécurité de l'emploi; prestations de chômage; mesure; pays de l'OCDE; revue de littérature; desempleo; política laboral; relaciones laborales; seguridad en el empleo; prestaciones por desempleo; medición; países de la OCDE; artículo bibliográfico;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ilo:ilowps:993741243402676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vesa Sivunen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilounch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.