Encroached Entitlements: Corruption and Appropriation of Irrigation Water in Southern Punjab (Pakistan)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Paul Azam & Jean-Daniel Rinaud, 2000. "Encroached Entitlements: Corruption and Appropriation of Irrigation Water in Southern Pun jab Pakistan)," Development Working Papers 144, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 97-109, January.
- Bandaragoda, D. J. & Saeed ur Rehman, 1995. "Warabandi in Pakistan's canal irrigation systems: widening gap between theory and practice," IWMI Books, Reports H017571, International Water Management Institute.
- Ray, Isha & Williams, Jeffrey, 2002. "Locational asymmetry and the potential for cooperation on a canal," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 129-155, February.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-1288, December.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Anarchy and Its Breakdown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 26-52, February.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Guessan, Tchetche, 1999. "Competition and corruption in an agency relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 271-295, December.
- Hanan G. Jacoby & Rinku Murgai & Saeed Ur Rehman, 2004.
"Monopoly Power and Distribution in Fragmented Markets: The Case of Groundwater,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(3), pages 783-808.
- Jacoby, Hanan G.*Murgai, Rinku*Rehman, Saeed Ur, 2001. "Monopoly power and distribution in fragmented markets : the case of groundwater," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2628, The World Bank.
- Isha Ray & Jeffrey Williams, 1999. "Evaluation of Price Policy in the Presence of Water Theft," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 928-941.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- de Meza, David & Gould, J R, 1992. "The Social Efficiency of Private Decisions to Enforce Property Rights," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 561-580, June.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wided Mattoussi & Paul Seabright, 2014.
"Cooperation against Theft: A Test of Incentives for Water Management in Tunisia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(1), pages 124-153.
- Wided Mattoussi & Paul Seabright, 2009. "Cooperation Against Theft - A Test of Incentives for Water Management in Tunisia," Working Papers 491, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2009.
- Wided Mattoussi & Foued Mattoussi, 2010. "Adoption of Modern Irrigation Technologies in the Presence of Water Theft and Corruption: Evidence from Public Irrigated Areas in Medjez El Bab," Working Papers 570, Economic Research Forum, revised 11 Jan 2010.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ide:wpaper:668. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idtlsfr.html .