Forecasts and Reactivity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Burgstahler & Michael Eames, 2006. "Management of Earnings and Analysts' Forecasts to Achieve Zero and Small Positive Earnings Surprises," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5-6), pages 633-652.
- Shaun P Vahey & Elizabeth C Wakerly, 2013. "Moving towards probability forecasting," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Globalisation and inflation dynamics in Asia and the Pacific, volume 70, pages 3-8, Bank for International Settlements.
- Peter Temin & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2004.
"Riding the South Sea Bubble,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1654-1668, December.
- Peter Temin & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2003. "Riding the South Sea Bubble," Working Papers 91, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Peter Temin & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2004. "Riding the South See Bubble," Working Papers 213, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Peter Temin & Joachim Voth, 2004. "Riding the South Sea bubble," Economics Working Papers 861, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Temin, Peter & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2004. "Riding the South Sea Bubble," CEPR Discussion Papers 4221, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011.
Chapters, in: Ruth Towse (ed.),A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 2,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Orley Ashenfelter, 2003. "Art auctions," Chapters, in: Ruth Towse (ed.),A Handbook of Cultural Economics, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Graddy, Kathryn, 2006. "Art Auctions," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, in: V.A. Ginsburgh & D. Throsby (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 26, pages 909-945, Elsevier.
- Bai, Jennie & Philippon, Thomas & Savov, Alexi, 2016.
"Have financial markets become more informative?,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(3), pages 625-654.
- Jennie Bai & Thomas Philippon & Alexi Savov, 2012. "Have financial markets become more informative?," Staff Reports 578, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jennie Bai & Thomas Philippon & Alexi Savov, 2013. "Have Financial Markets Become More Informative?," NBER Working Papers 19728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Robert B. Ekelund, Jr & John D. Jackson & Robert D. Tollison, 2013. "Are Art Auction Estimates Biased?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 454-465, October.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Robert Ekelund & Rand Ressler & John Watson, 1998. "Estimates, Bias and “No Sales” in Latin-American Art Auctions, 1977–1996," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(1), pages 33-42, March.
- Jennie Bai & Jia Guo & Benjamin R. Mandel, 2013. "Going global: markups and product quality in the Chinese art market," Staff Reports 614, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Sep 2013.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2009. "Anchoring Effects: Evidence from Art Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1027-1039, June.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2005. "Vested Interest and Biased Price Estimates: Evidence from an Auction Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2409-2435, October.
- Graham Elliott & Allan Timmermann, 2016.
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 10740.
- Oller, Lars-Erik & Barot, Bharat, 2000.
"The accuracy of European growth and inflation forecasts,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 293-315.
- Öller, Lars-Erik & Barot, Bharat, 2000. "The Accuracy of European Growth and Inflation Forecasts," Working Papers 72, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Beyer, Anne, 2008. "Financial analysts' forecast revisions and managers' reporting behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2-3), pages 334-348, December.
- Hyunyoung Choi & Hal Varian, 2012. "Predicting the Present with Google Trends," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(s1), pages 2-9, June.
- Clare McAndrew & James L Smith & Rex Thompson, 2012. "The impact of reserve prices on the perceived bias of expert appraisals of fine art," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 235-252, March.
- Victor Zarnowitz, 1992. "Business Cycles: Theory, History, Indicators, and Forecasting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number zarn92-1, Juni.
- Emile Grunberg & Franco Modigliani, 1954. "The Predictability of Social Events," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 465-465.
- Donald MacKenzie, 2006. "An Engine, Not a Camera: How Financial Models Shape Markets," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262134608, December.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 2001.
"LAG Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1519-1554, November.
- Serena Ng & Pierre Perron, 1997. "Lag Length Selection and the Construction of Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- K. W. Rothschild, 1964. "Cobweb Cycles and Partially Correct Forecasting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 300-300.
- McLaren, Nick & Shanbhogue, Rachana, 2011. "Using internet search data as economic indicators," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(2), pages 134-140.
- Michael B. Clement & Senyo Y. Tse, 2005. "Financial Analyst Characteristics and Herding Behavior in Forecasting," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 307-341, February.
- Lukas Vogel, 2007. "How do the OECD Growth Projections for the G7 Economies Perform?: A Post-Mortem," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 573, OECD Publishing.
- Sanford J. Grossman, 1977. "The Existence of Futures Markets, Noisy Rational Expectations and Informational Externalities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 431-449.
- Abarbanell, Jeffery & Lehavy, Reuven, 2003. "Biased forecasts or biased earnings? The role of reported earnings in explaining apparent bias and over/underreaction in analysts' earnings forecasts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 105-146, December.
- Henshel, Richard L., 1995. "The Grunberg/Modigliani and Simon possibility theorem: A social psychological critique," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 501-520.
- Millo, Yuval & MacKenzie, Donald, 2009. "The usefulness of inaccurate models: Towards an understanding of the emergence of financial risk management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 638-653, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Aaken, Dominik & Kirsch, Werner & Seidl, David, 2015. "Gesetzmäßigkeiten in der Unternehmensführung? – Unternehmensführung als das Verfügen über Notwendigkeiten," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 69(1), pages 54-66.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FOR-2014-05-04 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2014-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.