The impact of reserve prices on the perceived bias of expert appraisals of fine art
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011.
"Sale Rates and Price Movements in Art Auctions,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 212-216, May.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011. "Sale Rates and Price Movements in Art Auctions," Working Papers 23, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011. "Sale Rates and Price Movements in Art Auctions," NBER Working Papers 16743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, Orley C & Graddy, Kathryn, 2011. "Sale Rates and Price Movements in Art Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 8219, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011. "Sale Rates and Price Movements in Art Auctions," Working Papers 1294, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Spaenjers, Christophe & Goetzmann, William N. & Mamonova, Elena, 2015. "The economics of aesthetics and record prices for art since 1701," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 79-94.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2011.
Chapters, in: Ruth Towse (ed.),A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 2,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Orley Ashenfelter, 2003. "Art auctions," Chapters, in: Ruth Towse (ed.),A Handbook of Cultural Economics, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Graddy, Kathryn, 2006. "Art Auctions," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, in: V.A. Ginsburgh & D. Throsby (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 26, pages 909-945, Elsevier.
- Massimiliano Castellani & Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Antonello Eugenio Scorcu, 2018. "On the relationship between reserve prices and low estimates in art auctions," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 42(1), pages 45-56, February.
- Reto Cueni & Bruno S. Frey, 2014. "Forecasts and Reactivity," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Alex Gershkov & Flavio Toxvaerd, 2013.
"On seller estimates and buyer returns,"
Economic Theory Bulletin, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(1), pages 47-55, May.
- Gershkov, Alex & Toxvaerd, Flavio, 2006. "On Seller Estimates and Buyer Returns," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 143, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Gershkov, Alex & Toxvaerd, Flavio, 2007. "On Seller Estimates and Buyer Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 6503, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Melissa Boyle & Justin Svec, 2019. "The Roundness of Antiquity Valuations from Auction Houses and Sales," Working Papers 1908, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Aubry, Mathieu & Kräussl, Roman & Manso, Gustavo & Spaenjers, Christophe, 2019. "Machine learning, human experts, and the valuation of real assets," CFS Working Paper Series 635, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Lisa Farrell & Tim R.L. Fry, 2017. "Pre-sale information and hammer prices for Australian Indigenous art," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 64(5), pages 483-500, November.
- Brunella Bruno & Emilia Garcia‐Appendini & Giacomo Nocera, 2018.
"Experience and Brokerage in Asset Markets: Evidence from Art Auctions,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 47(4), pages 833-864, December.
- Bruno, Brunella & Garcia-Appendini, Emilia & Nocera, Giacomo, 2016. "Experience and Brokerage in Asset Markets: Evidence from Art Auctions," Working Papers on Finance 1605, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:japmet:v:27:y:2012:i:2:p:235-252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.