Will Assets be Stranded or Bailed Out? Expectations of Investors in the Face of Climate Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2007.
"Diamonds Are Forever, Wars Are Not: Is Conflict Bad for Private Firms?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1978-1993, December.
- Guidolin, Massimo & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2004. "Diamonds are Forever, Wars are Not: Is Conflict Bad for Private Firms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4668, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Massimo Guidolin & Eliana La Ferrara, 2006. "Diamonds are forever, wars are not. Is conflict bad for private firms?," Working Papers 2005-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Di Maria, Corrado & Lange, Ian & van der Werf, Edwin, 2014.
"Should we be worried about the green paradox? Announcement effects of the Acid Rain Program,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 143-162.
- Corrado Di Maria & Ian Lange & Edwin van der Werf, 2012. "Should We Be Worried About the Green Paradox? Announcement Effects of the Acid Rain Program," Working Papers 2012.49, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Maria, Corrado & Lange, Ian & van der Werf, Edwin, 2012. "Should We Be Worried About the Green Paradox? Announcement Effects of the Acid Rain Program," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 130549, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Corrado Di Maria & Ian A. Lange & Edwin van der Werf, 2012. "Should we be Worried about the Green Paradox? Announcement Effects of the Acid Rain Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 3829, CESifo Group Munich.
- Keller, Andreas, 2010. "Competition effects of mergers: An event study of the German electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5264-5271, September.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:99:y:2017:i:3:p:499-513 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & Alexis Diamond & Jens Hainmueller, 2007.
"Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of California's Tobacco Control Program,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie & Alexis Diamond & Jens Hainmueller, 2007. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of California's Tobacco Control Program," NBER Working Papers 12831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taran Fæhn, Cathrine Hagem, Lars Lindholt, Ståle Mæland, and Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2017.
"Climate policies in a fossil fuel producing country demand versus supply side policies,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Taran Fæhn & Cathrine Hagem & Lars Lindholt & Ståle Mæland & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2013. "Climate policies in a fossil fuel producing country. Demand versus supply side policies," Discussion Papers 747, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Taran Fæhn & Cathrine Hagem & Lars Lindholt & Ståle Mæland & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2014. "Climate Policies in a Fossil Fuel Producing Country - Demand Versus Supply Side Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 5105, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2008.
"Public policies against global warming: a supply side approach,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(4), pages 360-394, August.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2008. "Public policies against global warming: A supply side approach," Munich Reprints in Economics 19638, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Philipp M. Richter & Roman Mendelevitch & Frank Jotzo, 2015.
"Market Power Rents and Climate Change Mitigation: A Rationale for Coal Taxes?,"
CCEP Working Papers
1507, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Richter, Phillip M. & Mendelevitch, Roman & Jotzo, Frank, 2017. "Market power rents and climate change mitigation: a rationale for coal taxes?," Working Papers 249511, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Philipp M. Richter & Roman Mendelevitch & Frank Jotzo, 2015. "Market Power Rents and Climate Change Mitigation: A Rationale for Coal Taxes?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1471, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ramiah, Vikash & Martin, Belinda & Moosa, Imad, 2013. "How does the stock market react to the announcement of green policies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1747-1758.
- Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Schmidt, Peter & Wagner, Marcus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2013.
"Does the stock market value the inclusion in a sustainability stock index? An event study analysis for German firms,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 497-509.
- Ulrich Oberndorfer & Marcus Wagner & Andreas Ziegler, 2011. "Does the Stock Market Value the Inclusion in a Sustainability Stock Index? An Event Study Analysis for German Firms," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201130, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Diederik Dicou & Saskia van Ewijk & Jan Kakes & Martijn Regelink & Guido Schotten, 2016. "Time for Transition - an exploratory study of the transition to a carbon-neutral economy," DNB Occasional Studies 1402, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Griffin, Paul A. & Jaffe, Amy Myers & Lont, David H. & Dominguez-Faus, Rosa, 2015. "Science and the stock market: Investors' recognition of unburnable carbon," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 1-12.
- Bård Harstad, 2012. "Buy Coal! A Case for Supply-Side Environmental Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(1), pages 77-115.
- Mendelevitch, Roman & Richter, Phillip & Jotzo, Frank, 2015. "Market Power Rents and Climate Change Mitigation: A Rationale for Coal Export Taxes?," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112896, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefano Carattini & Suphi Sen, 2019.
"Carbon Taxes and Stranded Assets: Evidence from Washington State,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1910, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Stefano Carattini & Suphi Sen, 2019. "Carbon Taxes and Stranded Assets: Evidence from Washington State," CESifo Working Paper Series 7785, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carattini, Stefano & Sen, Suphi, 2019. "Carbon taxes and stranded assets: Evidence from Washington state," Economics Working Paper Series 1909, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
More about this item
KeywordsStranded assets; climate policy;
- Q35 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Hydrocarbon Resources
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2017-10-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-10-15 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-10-15 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifooode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.