Loan portfolio performance and El Niño, an intervention analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Collier, Benjamin & Katchova, Ani L. & Skees, Jerry R., 2010. "Loan Portfolio Performance and El Niño, an Intervention Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56217, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hennie Van Greuning & Sonja Brajovic Bratanovic, 2009. "Analyzing Banking Risk : A Framework for Assessing Corporate Governance and Risk Management, Third Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2618.
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2004.
"Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: an empirical application using intervention analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2177-2186.
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2003. "Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: An empirical application using intervention analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 154, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Andreas Jobst, 2007. "Operational Risk; The Sting is Still in the Tail But the Poison Dependson the Dose," IMF Working Papers 07/239, International Monetary Fund.
- Vitaly Guzhva, 2008. "Applying intervention analysis to financial performance data: The case of US airlines and September 11th," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(3), pages 243-259, July.
- Stephen R. Boucher & Michael R. Carter & Catherine Guirkinger, 2008. "Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 409-423.
- Ani L. Katchova & Peter J. Barry, 2005. "Credit Risk Models and Agricultural Lending," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 194-205.
- Jeffrey P. Prestemon & Thomas P. Holmes, 2000. "Timber Price Dynamics Following a Natural Catastrophe," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 145-160.
- Lars Hultkrantz & Christina Olsson, 1997. "Chernobyl effects on domestic and inbound tourism in Sweden — A time series analysis," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(2), pages 239-258, March.
- Ortiz, Guillermo, 1983. "Currency Substitution in Mexico: The Dollarization Problem," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 174-185, May.
- Jerry R. Skees & Barry J. Barnett, 2006. "Enhancing microfinance using index-based risk-transfer products," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(2), pages 235-250, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Pierluigi Conzo, 2012.
"Bank strategies in catastrophe settings: empirical evidence and policy suggestions,"
Econometica Working Papers
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Pierluigi Conzo, 2012. "Bank strategies in catastrophe settings: empirical evidence and policy suggestions," CEIS Research Paper 254, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Oct 2012.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Castriota, Stefano & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2012. "Bank strategies in catastrophe settings: empirical evidence and policy suggestions," AICCON Working Papers 114-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Pierluigi Conzo, 2012. "Bank Strategies in Catastrophe Settings: Empirical Evidence and Policy Suggestions," CSEF Working Papers 324, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- repec:eme:afrpps:afr-11-2016-0082 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jesse B. Tack & David Ubilava, 2015.
"Climate and agricultural risk: measuring the effect of ENSO on U.S. crop insurance,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(2), pages 245-257, March.
- Tack, Jesse B. & Ubilava, David, 2013. "El Ni˜no Southern Oscillation Impacts on Crop Insurance," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151429, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Benjamin Collier & Jerry Skees, 2012.
"Increasing the resilience of financial intermediaries through portfolio-level insurance against natural disasters,"
Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards,
Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(1), pages 55-72, October.
- Collier, Benjamin & Skees, Jerry R., 2012. "Increasing the Resilience of Financial Intermediaries through Portfolio-Level Insurance against Natural Disasters," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125535, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Collier, Benjamin, 2013. "Exclusive finance: How unmanaged systemic risk continues to limit financial services for the poor in a booming sector," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150433, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-03-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quaye, Frederick & Hartarska, Valentina & Nadolnyak, Denis, 2015. "Farmer Credit Delinquency in Southeastern US: Factors and Behavior Prediction," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196914, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2014. "Financial fragility and natural disasters: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 180-192.
- Römer, Ulf & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2017. "Can agricultural credit scoring for microfinance institutions be implemented and improved by weather data?," DARE Discussion Papers 1703, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial institutions; Natural disasters; Portfolio investment; Peru;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:71:y:2011:i:1:p:98-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.