Business operations of agrodealers and their participation in the loan market in Nigeria:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guiso, Luigi, 1998. "High-tech firms and credit rationing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 39-59, March.
- Ken S. Cavalluzzo, 2002. "Competition, Small Business Financing, and Discrimination: Evidence from a New Survey," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 641-680, October.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk, 2004.
"What Determines the Access to Credit by SMEs in Argentina?,"
Department of Economics, Working Papers
048, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk, 2004. "What Determines the Access to Credit by SMEs in Argentina?," IIE, Working Papers 048, IIE, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Muravyev, Alexander & Talavera, Oleksandr & Schäfer, Dorothea, 2009.
"Entrepreneurs' gender and financial constraints: Evidence from international data,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 270-286, June.
- Alexander Muravyev & Dorothea Schäfer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2007. "Entrepreneurs' Gender and Financial Constraints: Evidence from International Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 706, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alexander Muravyev & Dorothea Schaefer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2008. "Entrepreneurs' gender and financial constraints: evidence from international data," Discussion Papers 11, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Stephen R. Boucher & Michael R. Carter & Catherine Guirkinger, 2008. "Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 409-423.
- Angelini, P. & Di Salvo, R. & Ferri, G., 1998. "Availability and cost of credit for small businesses: Customer relationships and credit cooperatives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 925-954, August.
- Eric De Bodt & Frédéric Lobez & Jean‐Christophe Statnik, 2005. "Credit Rationing, Customer Relationship and the Number of Banks: an Empirical Analysis," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(2), pages 195-228, March.
- Catherine Guirkinger & Stephen R. Boucher, 2008.
"Credit constraints and productivity in Peruvian agriculture,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(3), pages 295-308, November.
- Guirkinger, Catherine & Boucher, Stephen R., 2007. "Credit Constraints and Productivity in Peruvian Agriculture," Working Papers 6882, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Boucher, Stephen R. & Carter, Michael R. & Guirkinger, Catherine, 2008. "AJAE Appendix: Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agriculture Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics APPENDICES, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 1-6.
- Edel Doherty & Anne Dee & Ciaran O’Neill, 2012. "Estimating the Amount of Overweight and Obesity Related Health-Care Use in the Republic of Ireland Using SLÁN Data," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 227-250.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Stephen R. Boucher & Catherine Guirkinger & Carolina Trivelli, 2009. "Direct Elicitation of Credit Constraints: Conceptual and Practical Issues with an Application to Peruvian Agriculture," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 609-640, July.
- Wiboonpongse, Aree & Sriboonchitta, Songsak & Chaovanapoonphol, Yaovarate, 2006. "The Demand for Loans for Major Rice in the Upper North of Thailand," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25303, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Silvia Magri, 2002. "Italian households' debt: determinants of demand and supply," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 454, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Olomola, Aderbigbe & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Loan demand and rationing among small-scale farmers in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1403, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tumer-Alkan, G., 2008. "Essays on banking," Other publications TiSEM 8d5ec521-4702-4e75-bc79-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Wang, J. & Bi, S. & Lyu, K. & Zhang, C., 2018. "Does Formal Credit Constraint Restrain Agricultural Production?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277536, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Moro, Andrea & Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr & Mantovani, Guido Massimiliano, 2017. "Does a manager's gender matter when accessing credit? Evidence from European data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 119-134.
- Annie bellier & Wafa Sayeh & Stéphanie Serve, 2012. "What lies behind credit rationing? A survey of the literature," THEMA Working Papers 2012-39, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Diana Fletschner & Catherine Guirkinger & Steve Boucher, 2010. "Risk, Credit Constraints and Financial Efficiency in Peruvian Agriculture," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 981-1002.
- Temesgen Belissa & Robert Lensink & Anne Winkel, 2020. "Effects of Index Insurance on Demand and Supply of Credit: Evidence from Ethiopia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(5), pages 1511-1531, October.
- Seck, Abdoulaye, 2018. "Heterogeneous Credit Constraints and Smallholder Farming in Senegal," 92nd Annual Conference, April 16-18, 2018, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 273491, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Jon Einar Flatnes, 2021. "Information Sharing and Rationing in Credit Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 103(3), pages 944-960, May.
- Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Deininger, Klaus & Duponchel, Marguerite, 2014. "Credit constraints, agricultural productivity, and rural nonfarm participation : evidence from Rwanda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6769, The World Bank.
- Shee, Apurba & Pervez, Shadayen & Turvey, Calum G., 2018. "Heterogeneous Impacts of Credit Rationing on Agricultural Productivity: Evidence from Kenya," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274224, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cenni, Stefano & Monferrà, Stefano & Salotti, Valentina & Sangiorgi, Marco & Torluccio, Giuseppe, 2015. "Credit rationing and relationship lending. Does firm size matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 249-265.
- Carmen Gallucci & Vincenzo Formisano & Michele Modina & Rosalia Santulli, 2017. "Beyond Banks¡¯ Capitalization: What Affects the Credit Lines?," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 8(4), pages 71-79, October.
- Bruder, Jana & Neuberger, Doris & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2008. "Financial constraints of ethnic entrepreneurship: Evidence from Germany," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 84, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Plamen V. Nikolov & Mohammad Abdul Malek & Subal Kumbhakar, 2019.
"The effects of access to credit on productivity: separating technological changes from changes in technical efficiency,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 37-55, December.
- Jimi, Nusrat Abedin & Nikolov, Plamen & Malek, Mohammad Abdul & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," IZA Discussion Papers 12514, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mohammad Abdul Malek & Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Subal Kumbhakar & Plamen Nikolov, 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," Natural Field Experiments 00709, The Field Experiments Website.
- Nusrat Abedin Jimi & Plamen Nikolov & Mohammad Abdul Malek & Subal Kumbhakar, 2019. "The Effects of Access to Credit on Productivity: Separating Technological Changes from Changes in Technical Efficiency," Working Papers 2019-052, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Murro, Pierluigi, 2015.
"Do firm–bank ‘odd couples’ exacerbate credit rationing?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 231-251.
- Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2010. "Do Firm-Bank `Odd Couples' Exacerbate Credit Rationing?," SERIES 0031, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jul 2010.
- Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro, 2012. "Do Firm-Bank ``Odd Couples'' Exacerbate Credit Rationing?," Working Papers CASMEF 1207, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Doris Neuberger & Solvig Räthke-Döppner, 2015.
"The role of demographics in small business loan pricing,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 411-424, February.
- Neuberger, Doris & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2014. "The role of demographics in small business loan pricing," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 134, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Aparicio, Gabriela & Bobic, Vida & De Olloqui, Fernando & Carmen, María & Diez, María Carmen Fernández & Gerardino, Maria Paula & Mitnik, Oscar A. & Macedo, Sebastian Vargas, 2021. "Liquidity or Capital? The Impacts of Easing Credit Constraints in Rural Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 14477, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Turvey, C. G., 2017. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 10 - Inclusive finance and inclusive rural transformation," IFAD Research Series 280048, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Kemper, Niels & Ha, Luu Viet & Klump, Rainer, 2015. "Property Rights and Consumption Volatility: Evidence from a Land Reform in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-130.
More about this item
KeywordsFinance; Credit; Markets; Investment policies; trade; Smallholders; credit rationing; value chains; agrodealers; loan demand;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2015-01-14 (Africa)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1400. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.