Increasing the Resilience of Financial Intermediaries through Portfolio-Level Insurance against Natural Disasters
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benjamin Collier & Jerry Skees, 2012. "Increasing the resilience of financial intermediaries through portfolio-level insurance against natural disasters," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(1), pages 55-72, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Dercon, Stefan, 1998.
"Wealth, risk and activity choice: cattle in Western Tanzania,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Stefan Dercon, 1996. "Wealth, risk and activity choices: cattle in Western Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 1996-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2000.
"The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1999, Volume 14, pages 129-212
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 1999. "The Japanese Banking Crisis: Where Did It Come From and How Will It End?," NBER Working Papers 7250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin Collier & Ani L. Katchova & Jerry R. Skees, 2011.
"Loan portfolio performance and El Niño, an intervention analysis,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 98-119, May.
- Collier, Benjamin & Katchova, Ani L. & Skees, Jerry R., 2010. "Loan Portfolio Performance and El Niño, an Intervention Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56217, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Stephen R. Boucher & Michael R. Carter & Catherine Guirkinger, 2008. "Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 409-423.
- Benjamin Collier & Jerry Skees & Barry Barnett, 2009. "Weather Index Insurance and Climate Change: Opportunities and Challenges in Lower Income Countries," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 34(3), pages 401-424, July.
- Stephanou, Constantinos & Mendoza, Juan Carlos, 2005. "Credit risk measurement under Basel II : an overview and implementation issues for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3556, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2014. "Financial fragility and natural disasters: An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 180-192.
- repec:jes:eurint:y:2017:v:4:p:47-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Collier, Benjamin, 2013. "Exclusive finance: How unmanaged systemic risk continues to limit financial services for the poor in a booming sector," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150433, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Linnenluecke, Martina K. & Smith, Tom & McKnight, Brent, 2016. "Environmental finance: A research agenda for interdisciplinary finance research," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 124-130.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Economics; Public Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2012-07-08 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2012-07-08 (Microfinance)
- NEP-RMG-2012-07-08 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae12:125535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .