Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: an empirical application using intervention analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2003. "Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: An empirical application using intervention analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 154, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "The Economics of Catastrophes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 113-140, May.
- Horwich, George, 2000. "Economic Lessons of the Kobe Earthquake," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 521-542, April.
- St Pierre, Eileen F, 1998. "The Impact of Option Introduction on the Conditional Return Distribution of Underlying Securities," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 105-118, February.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Sara Borden & Asani Sarkar, 1996. "Securitizing property catastrophe risk," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 2(Aug).
- J. M. Albala-Bertrand, 2000. "Complex Emergencies versus Natural Disasters: An Analytical Comparison of Causes and Effects," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 187-204.
- Skidmore, Mark, 2001. "Risk, natural disasters, and household savings in a life cycle model," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 15-34, January.
- Ada Ho & Alan Wan, 2002. "Testing for covariance stationarity of stock returns in the presence of structural breaks: an intervention analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 441-447.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tylor Orme, 2014. "The short- and long-term effectiveness of anti-piracy laws and enforcement actions," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(4), pages 351-368, November.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:556-576 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2005.
"Catastrophic Shocks and Capital Markets: A Comparative Analysis by Disaster and Sector,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 331-344.
- Worthington, Andrew & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2005. "Catastrophic Shocks and Capital markets: A Comparative Analysis by Disaster and Sector," Economics Working Papers wp05-20, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Bourdeau-Brien, Michael & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2017. "The impact of natural disasters on the stock returns and volatilities of local firms," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 259-270.
- repec:dug:journl:y:2016:i:2:p:217-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dumitru-Cristian Oanea & Stela Jakova, 2016. "Impact of SNB Decision to Unpeg the Franc from Euro on Financial Markets: Event Study Approach," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 12(2), pages 217-227, April.
- Gürtler, M. & Hibbeln, M. & Winkelvos, C., 2012. "The impact of the financial crisis and natural catastrophes on CAT bonds," Working Papers IF40V1, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Benjamin Collier & Ani L. Katchova & Jerry R. Skees, 2011.
"Loan portfolio performance and El Niño, an intervention analysis,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 98-119, May.
- Collier, Benjamin & Katchova, Ani L. & Skees, Jerry R., 2010. "Loan Portfolio Performance and El Niño, an Intervention Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56217, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fink, Jason D. & Fink, Kristin E., 2013. "Hurricane forecast revisions and petroleum refiner equity returns," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-11.
- Hood, Matthew & Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John & Tamura, Teruyuki, 2013. "Investor response to a natural disaster: Evidence from Japan's 2011 earthquake," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 240-252.
- Dumitru-Cristian OANEA & Ștefan-Bogdan VASILESCU, 2015. "Impact Of Fsa Decision No. 23 From 5th February, 2014: Event Study Approach," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 6, pages 109-116, December.
- Vikash Ramiah, 2013. "Effects of the Boxing Day tsunami on the world capital markets," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 383-401, February.
- Yu Xiao, 2011. "Local Economic Impacts Of Natural Disasters," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 804-820, October.
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:36:y:2004:i:19:p:2177-2186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.