Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: An empirical application using intervention analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2004. "Measuring the impact of natural disasters on capital markets: an empirical application using intervention analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(19), pages 2177-2186.
References listed on IDEAS
- Horwich, George, 2000. "Economic Lessons of the Kobe Earthquake," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(3), pages 521-542, April.
- St Pierre, Eileen F, 1998. "The Impact of Option Introduction on the Conditional Return Distribution of Underlying Securities," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 105-118, February.
- Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "The Economics of Catastrophes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 113-140, May.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Sara Borden & Asani Sarkar, 1996. "Securitizing property catastrophe risk," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 2(Aug).
- J. M. Albala-Bertrand, 2000. "Complex Emergencies versus Natural Disasters: An Analytical Comparison of Causes and Effects," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 187-204.
- Skidmore, Mark, 2001. "Risk, natural disasters, and household savings in a life cycle model," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 15-34, January.
- Ada Ho & Alan Wan, 2002. "Testing for covariance stationarity of stock returns in the presence of structural breaks: an intervention analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 441-447.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gürtler, M. & Hibbeln, M. & Winkelvos, C., 2012. "The impact of the financial crisis and natural catastrophes on CAT bonds," Working Papers IF40V1, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Tylor Orme, 2014. "The short- and long-term effectiveness of anti-piracy laws and enforcement actions," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(4), pages 351-368, November.
- Benjamin Collier & Ani L. Katchova & Jerry R. Skees, 2011.
"Loan portfolio performance and El Niño, an intervention analysis,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 98-119, May.
- Collier, Benjamin & Katchova, Ani L. & Skees, Jerry R., 2010. "Loan Portfolio Performance and El Niño, an Intervention Analysis," 2010 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2010, Orlando, Florida 56217, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:533-:d:132141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fink, Jason D. & Fink, Kristin E., 2013. "Hurricane forecast revisions and petroleum refiner equity returns," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-11.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:556-576 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Worthington & Abbas Valadkhani, 2005.
"Catastrophic Shocks and Capital Markets: A Comparative Analysis by Disaster and Sector,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 331-344.
- Worthington, Andrew & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2005. "Catastrophic Shocks and Capital markets: A Comparative Analysis by Disaster and Sector," Economics Working Papers wp05-20, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Hood, Matthew & Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John & Tamura, Teruyuki, 2013. "Investor response to a natural disaster: Evidence from Japan's 2011 earthquake," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 240-252.
- Dumitru-Cristian OANEA & Ștefan-Bogdan VASILESCU, 2015. "Impact Of Fsa Decision No. 23 From 5th February, 2014: Event Study Approach," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 6, pages 109-116, December.
- Bourdeau-Brien, Michael & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2017. "The impact of natural disasters on the stock returns and volatilities of local firms," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 259-270.
- repec:dug:journl:y:2016:i:2:p:217-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dumitru-Cristian Oanea & Stela Jakova, 2016. "Impact of SNB Decision to Unpeg the Franc from Euro on Financial Markets: Event Study Approach," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 12(2), pages 217-227, April.
- Vikash Ramiah, 2013. "Effects of the Boxing Day tsunami on the world capital markets," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 383-401, February.
- Yu Xiao, 2011. "Local Economic Impacts Of Natural Disasters," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 804-820, October.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural events; disasters and catastrophes; market returns; intervention analysis; ARMA;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:dpaper:154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Fletcher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sequtau.html .