Effect of free media on views regarding the safety of nuclear energy after the 2011 disasters in Japan: evidence using cross-country data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- H. Lehmann & J. Wadsworth, 2009.
"The Impact of Chernobyl on Health and Labour Market Performance in the Ukraine,"
679, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2009. "The Impact of Chernobyl on Health and Labour Market Performance in the Ukraine," ESCIRRU Working Papers 12, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Wadsworth, Jonathan, 2009. "The Impact of Chernobyl on Health and Labour Market Performance in the Ukraine," IZA Discussion Papers 4467, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rick S. Kurtz, 2004. "Coastal Oil Pollution: Spills, Crisis, and Policy Change," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, March.
- Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "The Economics of Catastrophes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 113-140, May.
- Russell Sobel & Peter Leeson, 2006. "Government's response to Hurricane Katrina: A public choice analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 55-73, April.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2010.
"Effects of Interactions among Social Capital, Income and Learning from Experiences of Natural Disasters: A Case Study from Japan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 1019-1032.
- yamamura, eiji, 2009. "Effects of interactions among social capital, income, and learning from experiences of natural disasters: A case study from Japan," MPRA Paper 16223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Douglas Almond & Lena Edlund & Mårten Palme, 2009.
"Chernobyl's Subclinical Legacy: Prenatal Exposure to Radioactive Fallout and School Outcomes in Sweden,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1729-1772.
- Douglas Almond & Lena Edlund & Mårten Palme, 2007. "Chernobyl's Subclinical Legacy: Prenatal Exposure to Radioactive Fallout and School Outcomes in Sweden," NBER Working Papers 13347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009.
"Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
245, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Frey, Bruno S & Savage, David A & Torgler, Benno, 2009. "Surviving the Titantic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt6h24b1vt, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Surviving the Titanic Disaster: Economic, Natural and Social Determinants," CESifo Working Paper Series 2551, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mary C. Daly & Daniel J. Wilson, 2009.
"Happiness, Unhappiness, and Suicide: An Empirical Assessment,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 539-549, 04-05.
- Mary C. Daly & Daniel J. Wilson, 2008. "Happiness, unhappiness, and suicide: an empirical assessment," Working Paper Series 2008-19, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Monica P. Escaleras & Charles A. Register, 2008. "Mitigating Natural Disasters through Collective Action: The Effectiveness of Tsunami Early Warnings," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 1017-1034, April.
- W. Viscusi & Richard Zeckhauser, 2006.
"National survey evidence on disasters and relief: Risk beliefs, self-interest, and compassion,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 13-36, September.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2006. "National Survey Evidence on Disasters and Relief: Risk Beliefs, Self-Interest, and Compassion," NBER Working Papers 12582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toya, Hideki & Skidmore, Mark, 2007.
"Economic development and the impacts of natural disasters,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 20-25, January.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2005. "Economic Development and the Impacts of Natural Disasters," Working Papers 05-04, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- William Shughart, 2006. "Katrinanomics: The politics and economics of disaster relief," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 31-53, April.
- Matthew Kahn, 2007. "Environmental disasters as risk regulation catalysts? The role of Bhopal, Chernobyl, Exxon Valdez, Love Canal, and Three Mile Island in shaping U.S. environmental law," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 17-43, August.
- Nick Carroll & Paul Frijters & Michael Shields, 2009. "Quantifying the costs of drought: new evidence from life satisfaction data," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 445-461, April.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Danzer, Natalia, 2011. "The Long-Term Effects of the Chernobyl Catastrophe on Subjective Well-Being and Mental Health," IZA Discussion Papers 5906, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Monica Escaleras & Nejat Anbarci & Charles Register, 2007. "Public sector corruption and major earthquakes: A potentially deadly interaction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 209-230, July.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2013.
"Natural Disaster Impacts and Fiscal Decentralization,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(1), pages 101-117.
- Hideki Toya & Mark Skidmore, 2010. "Natural Disaster Impacts and Fiscal Decentralization," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(2), pages 43-55, July.
- Crespo Cuaresma & Hlouskova & Obersteiner, 2008. "Natural Disasters As Creative Destruction? Evidence From Developing Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 214-226, April.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2010. "The worldwide governance indicators : methodology and analytical issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5430, The World Bank.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2005. "The Death Toll from Natural Disasters: The Role of Income, Geography, and Institutions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 271-284, May.
- Luechinger, Simon & Raschky, Paul A., 2009. "Valuing flood disasters using the life satisfaction approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 620-633, April.
- Roger Congleton, 2006. "The story of Katrina: New Orleans and the political economy of catastrophe," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 5-30, April.
- Eva M. Berger, 2010. "The Chernobyl Disaster, Concern about the Environment, and Life Satisfaction," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Kellenberg, Derek K. & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2008. "Does rising income increase or decrease damage risk from natural disasters?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 788-802, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015.
"Transparency and Views Regarding Nuclear Energy Before and After the Fukushima Accident: Evidence on Micro-Data,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 761-777, December.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Transparency and View Regarding Nuclear Energy Before and After the Fukushima Accident: Evidence on Micro-data," MPRA Paper 46608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Effect of transparency on changing views regarding nuclear energy before and after Fukushima accident," MPRA Paper 34346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural disaster; Nuclear energy; Governance; Information asymmetry.;
- H19 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Other
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2011-07-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2011-07-13 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .