How Do Supply Chain Networks Affect the Resilience of Firms to Natural Disasters? Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yasuyuki Todo & Kentaro Nakajima & Petr Matous, 2015. "How Do Supply Chain Networks Affect The Resilience Of Firms To Natural Disasters? Evidence From The Great East Japan Earthquake," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 209-229, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henriet, Fanny & Hallegatte, Stéphane & Tabourier, Lionel, 2012.
"Firm-network characteristics and economic robustness to natural disasters,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, pages 150-167.
- Henriet, F. & Hallegatte, S. & Tabourier, L., 2011. "Firm-Network Characteristics and Economic Robustness to Natural Disasters," Working papers 355, Banque de France.
- Fanny Henriet & Stéphane Hallegatte & Lionel Tabourier, 2012. "Firm-network characteristics and economic robustness to natural disasters," Post-Print hal-00716554, HAL.
- StÃ©phane Hallegatte & Valentin Przyluski, 2010. "The Economics of Natural Disasters," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(2), pages 14-24, July.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2002.
"Bones, Bombs, and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1269-1289, December.
- Donald R. Davis & David E. Weinstein, 2001. "Bones, Bombs and Break Points: The Geography of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 8517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Y. Fujiwara & H. Aoyama, 2010. "Large-scale structure of a nation-wide production network," The European Physical Journal B: Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer;EDP Sciences, vol. 77(4), pages 565-580, October.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2012.
"Modeling the roles of heterogeneity, substitution, and inventories in the assessment of natural disaster economic costs,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6047, The World Bank.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Modeling the roles of heterogeneity, substitution, and inventories in the assessment of natural disaster economic costs," Post-Print hal-00802050, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Miyakawa, Daisuke & Hosono, Kaoru & Ono, Arito & Uchino, Taisuke & Uesugi, Iichiro, 2015.
"Financial shocks, bankruptcy, and natural selection,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 123-135.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Daisuke Miyakawa & Kaoru Hosono & Arito Ono & Taisuke Uchino & Ichiro Uesugi, 2015. "Financial Shocks, Bankruptcy, and Natural Selection," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 110, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Okubo, Fumihiro, 2015.
"Firm-level impacts of natural disasters on production networks: Evidence from a flood in Thailand,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 244-259.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Okubo, Fumihiro, 2014. "Firm-level impacts of natural disasters on production networks : evidence from a flood in Thailand," IDE Discussion Papers 445, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:jic:wpaper:241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shimada, Go, 2014. "A Quantitative Study of Social Capital in the Tertiary Sector of Kobe : Has Social Capital Promoted Economic Reconstruction Since the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake?," Working Papers 68, JICA Research Institute.
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & MASAKI Tatsujiro & NAKATA Hiroyuki & SEKIGUCHI Kunio, 2017. "Natural Disasters: Financial preparedness of corporate Japan," Discussion papers 17014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Vasco M. CARVALHO & NIREI Makoto & SAITO Yukiko, 2014.
"Supply Chain Disruptions: Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake,"
14035, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Alireza Tahbaz-Salehi & Vasco M. Carvalho & Makoto Nirei & Yukiko U. Saito, 2017. "Supply Chain Disruptions: Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Working Papers 2017-01, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Carvalho, V. M. & Nirei, M. & Saito, Y. U. & Alireza Tahbaz-Salehi, A., 2016. "Supply Chain Disruptions: Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1670, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Carvalho, Vasco M & Nirei, Makoto & Saito, Yukiko U. & Tahbaz-Salehi, Alireza, 2016. "Supply Chain Disruptions: Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," CEPR Discussion Papers 11711, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tatsuaki Kuroda, 2015.
"A Model of Stratified Production Process and Spatial Risk,"
Networks and Spatial Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 271-292, June.
- Tatsuaki Kuroda, 2012. "A Model of Stratified Production Process and Spatial Risk," ERSA conference papers ersa12p604, European Regional Science Association.
- Petr MATOUS & TODO Yasuyuki, 2014. "The Effects of Endogenous Interdependencies on Trade Network Formation across Space among Major Japanese Firms," Discussion papers 14020, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Matthew A. COLE & Robert J R ELLIOTT & OKUBO Toshihiro & Eric STROBL, 2015. "The Effectiveness of Pre-Disaster Planning and Post-Disaster Aid: Examining the impact on plants of the Great East Japan Earthquake," Discussion papers 15097, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:66-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bachev, Hrabrin & Ito, Fusao, 2017. "Agricultural impacts of the Great East Japan Earthquake - six years later," MPRA Paper 79469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hrabrin Bachev & Fusao Ito, 2016. "Socio-economic impacts of the march 2011 earthquake, tsunami and nuclear accident on agri-food chains in Japan," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 42-66,67-90.
- repec:spr:nathaz:v:87:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11069-017-2763-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2015.
"Изследване На Социално-Икономическите Ефекти На Земетресението, Цунамито И Ядрената Авария Във Фукушима През Март 2011 Година Върху Агро-Хранителните Вериги В Япония
[A study on socio-economic impa," MPRA Paper 69426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- ZHU Lianming & ITO Koji & TOMIURA Eiichi, 2016. "Global Sourcing in the Wake of Disaster: Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Discussion papers 16089, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Masashige Hamano & Wessel N. Vermeulen, "undated". "Adapting to within-country export barriers: Evidence from the Japan 2011 Tsunami," Working Papers 1706, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:13028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .