Does the Internet stimulate inward foreign direct investment?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Temple, 2000. "Summary of an Informal Workshop on the Causes of Economic Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 260, OECD Publishing.
- Vinod, H. D., 1999. "Statistical analysis of corruption data and using the Internet to reduce corruption," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 591-603.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Local Corruption and Global Capital Flows," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(2), pages 303-354.
- Wei, Shang-Jin, 1995. "Attracting foreign direct investment: Has China reached its potential?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 187-199.
- Caroline L. Freund & Diana Weinhold, 2000. "On the effect of the Internet on international trade," International Finance Discussion Papers 693, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Ketteni & Constantina Kottaridi & Theofanis Mamuneas, 2015. "Information and communication technology and foreign direct investment: interactions and contributions to economic growth," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1525-1539, June.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:4:p:575-588 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anis Omri & Amel Sassi-Tmar, 2015.
"Linking FDI Inflows to Economic Growth in North African Countries,"
Journal of the Knowledge Economy,
Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(1), pages 90-104, March.
- Omri, Anis & Sassi-Tmar, Amel, 2015. "Linking FDI inflows to economic growth in North African countries," MPRA Paper 82611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elgin, Ceyhun, 2013.
"Internet usage and the shadow economy: Evidence from panel data,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 111-121.
- Ceyhun Elgin, 2012. "Internet Usage and the Shadow Economy: Evidence from Panel Data," Working Papers 2012/09, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:946-:d:100442 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joël Cariolle & Maëlan Le Goff & Olivier Santoni, 2017. "Fast Internet, digital vulnerabilities and firm performances in developing and transition countries," Post-Print hal-01569846, HAL.
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kechagia, Polyxeni, 2016. "Literature review of 100 empirical studies of Foreign Direct Investment: 1950-2015," MPRA Paper 71414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kahouli, Bassem & Maktouf, Samir, 2015. "The determinants of FDI and the impact of the economic crisis on the implementation of RTAs: A static and dynamic gravity model," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 518-529.
- Joël CARIOLLE & Maëlan LE GOFF & Olivier SANTONI, 2018. "Broadband infrastructure deployment, digital vulnerability, and local firm performance in developing and transition countries," Working Papers P195, FERDI.
- Wang, Xin, 2012. "Foreign direct investment and innovation in China's e-commerce sector," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 288-301.
- Nolte, André, 2017. "The internet effects on sex crime and murder: Evidence from the broadband internet expansion in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-050, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Deng, Ziliang & Falvey, Rod & Blake, Adam, 2012. "Trading market access for technology? Tax incentives, foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers in China," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 675-690.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Soyean, 2016. "Geography of cross-border portfolio investments and ICT diffusion," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 540-552.
- Choi, Changkyu & Rhee, Dong-Eun & Oh, Yonghyup, 2014.
"Information and capital flows revisited: The Internet as a determinant of transactions in financial assets,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 191-198.
- Choi, Changkyu & Rhee , Dong-Eun & Oh , Yonghyup, 2010. "Information and Capital Flows Revisited: The Internet as a Determinant of Transactions in Financial Assets," Working Papers 10-10, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Ang, James B., 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Malaysia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 185-189.
- Njinkeu, Dominique & S. Wilson, John & Powo Fosso, Bruno, 2008. "Expanding Trade within Africa: The Impact of Trade Facilitation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4790, The World Bank.
- Manudeep Bhuller & Tarjei Havnes & Edwin Leuven & Magne Mogstad, 2013.
"Broadband Internet: An Information Superhighway to Sex Crime?,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1237-1266.
- Bhuller, Manudeep & Havnes, Tarjei & Leuven, Edwin & Mogstad, Magne, 2011. "Broadband Internet: An Information Superhighway to Sex Crime?," IZA Discussion Papers 5675, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manudeep Bhuller & Tarjei Havnes & Edwin Leuven & Magne Mogstad, 2012. "Broadband Internet: An Information Superhighway to Sex Crime?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3871, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joël CARIOLLE & Maëlan LE GOFF & Olivier SANTONI, 2017. "Broadband infrastructure deployment, digital vulnerability, and local firm performance in developing and transition countries," Working Papers P195, FERDI.
- repec:eee:iepoli:v:43:y:2018:i:c:p:23-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ko, Kwan Wai, 2007. "Internet externalities and location of foreign direct investment: A comparison between developed and developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-23, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:25:y:2003:i:4:p:319-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.