Attracting foreign direct investment: Has China reached its potential?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1995.
"The Effects of Outbound Foreign Direct Investment on the Domestic Capital Stock,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations, pages 43-66
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1994. "The Effects of Outbound Foreign Direct Investment on the Domestic Capital Stock," NBER Working Papers 4668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 1995. "Outward Direct Investment and the U.S. Economy," NBER Chapters,in: The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations, pages 7-42 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1993. "Love and hate: state and non-state firms in transition economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-10, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- J. Mahender Reddy, 1994. "United States Investment in India," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 45, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1993. "Introduction to "Foreign Direct Investment"," NBER Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1994.
"Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc? Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies,"
NBER Chapters,in: Macroeconomic Linkage: Savings, Exchange Rates, and Capital Flows, pages 295-333
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Frankel, J.A., 1992. "Yen Bloc or Dollar Bloc: Exchange Rate Policies of the East Asian Economies," Papers 92-08, University of Birmingham - International Financial Group.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 1992. "Yen bloc or dollar bloc: exchange rate policies of the East Asian economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1993. "Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number froo93-1, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Changkyu, 2003. "Does the Internet stimulate inward foreign direct investment?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 319-326, June.
- A.S. Bhalla, 1998. "Sino-Indian Liberalization: The Role of Trade and Foreign Investment," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 151-173, May.
- Thompson, Edmund R., 2002. "Clustering of Foreign Direct Investment and Enhanced Technology Transfer: Evidence from Hong Kong Garment Firms in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 873-889, May.
- Cuyvers, Ludo & Soeng, Reth & Plasmans, Joseph & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel, 2011. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 222-234, June.
- Yulia Gorbunova & Davide Infante & Janna Smirnova, 2012. "New Evidence on FDI Determinants: An Appraisal Over the Transition Period," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 129-149.
- Hang, Leiming & Tu, Meizeng, 2007. "The impacts of energy prices on energy intensity: Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2978-2988, May.
- Tuan, Chyau & Ng, Linda F.Y. & Zhao, Bo, 2009. "China's post-economic reform growth: The role of FDI and productivity progress," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 280-293, May.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Alyson C. Ma, 2019.
"Please Pass the Catch-Up: The Relative Performance of Chinese and Foreign Firms in Chinese Exports,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment, chapter 12, pages 401-445
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Alyson C. Ma, 2010. "Please Pass the Catch-Up: The Relative Performance of Chinese and Foreign Firms in Chinese Exports," NBER Chapters,in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 475-509 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce Blonigen & Alyson Ma, 2007. "Please Pass the Catch-up The Relative Performance of Chinese and Foreign Firms in Chinese Exports," NBER Working Papers 13376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- CUYVERS, Ludo & PLASMANS, Joseph & SOENG, Reth & VAN DEN BULCKE, Daniël, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia: Country-specific factor differentials," Working Papers 2008003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kechagia, Polyxeni, 2016. "Literature review of 100 empirical studies of Foreign Direct Investment: 1950-2015," MPRA Paper 71414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rnd:arjebs:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:101-112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yasheng Huang, 1999. "The Institutional Foundation of Foreign-Invested Enterprises (FIEs) in China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 264, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fetscherin, Marc & Voss, Hinrich & Gugler, Philippe, 2010. "30 Years of foreign direct investment to China: An interdisciplinary literature review," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-246, June.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson & Yu, Qiao, 2002. "Determinants of foreign direct investment across China," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-113, February.
- Fung, K. C. & Iizaka, Hitomi & Siu, Alan, 2003. "Japanese direct investment in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 304-315.
- James Laurenceson & Kam Ki Tang, "undated". "Estimating Chinaï¿½s de-facto capital account convertibility," EAERG Discussion Paper Series 0205, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- He, Jia & Rui, Oliver M. & Zha, Xiaolei, 2011. "Governance Infrastructure and Location of Foreign Direct Investment in the People’s Republic of China," ADBI Working Papers 324, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:6:y:1995:i:2:p:187-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.