Do consumers perceive benefits from the implementation of a EU mandatory nutritional labelling program?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., 1996.
"Determinants of Consumers' Use of Nutritional Information on Food Packages,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 303-312, December.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 1996. "Determinants Of Consumers' Use Of Nutritional Information On Food Packages," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(02), December.
- Bush, Laina M. & Williams, Richard A., 1999. "Diet and health: new problems/new solutions1," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 135-144, May.
- Piedra, Mario A. & Schupp, Alvin R. & Montgomery, Donna E., 1996. "Consumer Use Of Nutrition Labels On Packaged Meats," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 27(2), July.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden, 1998.
"The Method of Simulated Scores for the Estimation of LDV Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 863-896, July.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden, 1993. "The Method of Simulated Scores for the Estimation of LDV Models," Working Papers _023, Yale University.
- V A Hajivassiliou & DL McFadden, 1997. "The Method of Simulated Scores for the Estimation of LDV Models," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 328, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Andreas C. Drichoutis & Panagiotis Lazaridis & Rodolfo M. Nayga, 2005. "Nutrition knowledge and consumer use of nutritional food labels," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 93-118, March.
- Kim, Sung-Yong & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Capps, Oral, 2001.
"Health Knowledge and Consumer Use of Nutritional Labels: The Issue Revisited,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 10-19, April.
- Kim, Sung-Yong & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2001. "Health Knowledge And Consumer Use Of Nutritional Labels: The Issue Revisited," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 30(1), April.
- Crutchfield, Stephen R. & Kuchler, Fred & Variyam, Jayachandran N., 2001. "Valuing The Health Benefits Of Nutrition Labeling: A Case Study For Meat And Poultry Products," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20559, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mario F. Teisl & Nancy E. Bockstael & Alan Levy, 2001. "Measuring the Welfare Effects of Nutrition Information," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 133-149.
- Eliza M. Mojduszka & Julie A. Caswell, 2000. "A Test of Nutritional Quality Signaling in Food Markets Prior to Implementation of Mandatory Labeling," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 298-309.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bond, Craig A. & Thilmany, Dawn D. & Bond, Jennifer Keeling, 2008. "What to Choose? The Value of Label Claims to Fresh Produce Consumers," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(3), December.
- Balcombe, Kelvin & Fraser, Iain & Falco, Salvatore Di, 2010.
"Traffic lights and food choice: A choice experiment examining the relationship between nutritional food labels and price,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 211-220, June.
- Kelvin Balcombe & Iain Fraser & Salvatore Di Falco, 2009. "Traffic Lights and Food Choice: A Choice Experiment Examining the Relationship Between Nutritional Food Labels and Price," Studies in Economics 0915, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Priscilla Cecilia Affram & Sarah Darkwa, 2015. "Consumers` knowledge, understanding and use of food label information, and how it affects purchasing decision in ho, Ghana," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(3), pages 24-39, March.
- House, Lisa & Kim, Hyeyoung & Gao, Zhifeng & Rampersaud, Gail S., 2011. "Beverage Front of Package Nutrition Labels and Consumer Perception of Nutrition Information," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 109190, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Azzurra Annunziata & Angela Mariani, 2016. "The role of nutritional labeling in promoting healthier food choices: a review of the major issues in the EU," RIVISTA DI STUDI SULLA SOSTENIBILITA', FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 107-119.
- Stefanella Stranieri & Lucia Baldi & Alessandro Banterle, 2010.
"Do Nutrition Claims Matter to Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Considering European Requirements,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 15-33.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Baldi, Lucia & Stranieri, Stefanella, 2008. "Do Nutritional Claims Matter To Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Considering European Requirements," Miscellaneous Papers 37839, Agecon Search.
- Bremmers, Harry J. & Poppe, Krijn J. & Wijnands, Jo H.M. & van der Meulen, Bernd M.J., 2008. "Administrative Burdens in the Dairy Industry – A Proposal for Empirical Research," 110th Seminar, February 18-22, 2008, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 49886, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Gracia, Azucena & de Magistris, Tiziana, 2008. "When more is less: the effect of multiple health and nutritional labels in food product choice," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44013, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jo, Jisung & Lusk, Jayson L. & Muller, Laurent & Ruffieux, Bernard, 2016.
"Value of parsimonious nutritional information in a framed field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 124-133.
- Jisung Jo & Jayson L. Lusk & Laurent Muller & Bernard Ruffieux, 2016. "Value of parsimonious nutritional information in a framed field experiment," Post-Print hal-01458424, HAL.
- Jo, Jisung & Lusk, Jayson & Muller, Laurent & Ruffieux, Bernard, 2016. "Value of parsimonious nutritional information in a framed field experiment," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235476, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1170-:d:140961 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nocella, Giuseppe & Kennedy, Orla, 2012. "Food health claims – What consumers understand," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 571-580.
- Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Gracia, Azucena & de-Magistris, Tiziana, 2010. "Does nutrition information on food products lead to healthier food choices?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 221-229, June.
- Wang, Emily Y. & Wei, Hongli & Caswell, Julie A., 2016. "The impact of mandatory trans fat labeling on product mix and consumer choice: A longitudinal analysis of the U.S. Market for margarine and spreads," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 63-81.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:32:y:2007:i:2:p:160-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.