Analysis of CO2 emissions reduction in the Malaysian transportation sector: An optimisation approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ichinohe, Masayuki & Endo, Eiichi, 2006. "Analysis of the vehicle mix in the passenger-car sector in Japan for CO2 emissions reduction by a MARKAL model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(10), pages 1047-1061, October.
- Hickman, Robin & Ashiru, Olu & Banister, David, 2010. "Transport and climate change: Simulating the options for carbon reduction in London," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 110-125, March.
- Pasaoglu, Guzay & Honselaar, Michel & Thiel, Christian, 2012. "Potential vehicle fleet CO2 reductions and cost implications for various vehicle technology deployment scenarios in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 404-421.
- Kannan, Ramachandran & Strachan, Neil, 2009. "Modelling the UK residential energy sector under long-term decarbonisation scenarios: Comparison between energy systems and sectoral modelling approaches," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 416-428, April.
- Leighty, Wayne & Ogden, Joan M. & Yang, Christopher, 2012. "Modeling transitions in the California light-duty vehicles sector to achieve deep reductions in transportation greenhouse gas emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 52-67.
- Erdmenger, Christoph & Lehmann, Harry & Müschen, Klaus & Tambke, Jens & Mayr, Sebastian & Kuhnhenn, Kai, 2009. "A climate protection strategy for Germany--40% reduction of CO2 emissions by 2020 compared to 1990," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 158-165, January.
- Ziolkowska, Jadwiga R., 2014. "Optimizing biofuels production in an uncertain decision environment: Conventional vs. advanced technologies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 366-376.
- Klier, Thomas & Linn, Joshua, 2013. "Fuel prices and new vehicle fuel economy—Comparing the United States and Western Europe," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 280-300.
- Ediger, Volkan S. & Akar, Sertac, 2007. "ARIMA forecasting of primary energy demand by fuel in Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1701-1708, March.
- Ou, Xunmin & Zhang, Xiliang & Chang, Shiyan, 2010. "Scenario analysis on alternative fuel/vehicle for China's future road transport: Life-cycle energy demand and GHG emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 3943-3956, August.
- Pongthanaisawan, Jakapong & Sorapipatana, Chumnong, 2013. "Greenhouse gas emissions from Thailand’s transport sector: Trends and mitigation options," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 288-298.
- Linares, Pedro & Romero, Carlos, 2002. "Aggregation of preferences in an environmental economics context: a goal-programming approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 89-95, April.
- Dargay, Joyce & Gately, Dermot, 1999. "Income's effect on car and vehicle ownership, worldwide: 1960-2015," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 101-138, February.
- Piecyk, Maja I. & McKinnon, Alan C., 2010. "Forecasting the carbon footprint of road freight transport in 2020," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 31-42, November.
- Silitonga, A.S. & Atabani, A.E. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2012. "Review on fuel economy standard and label for vehicle in selected ASEAN countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 1683-1695.
- Hosseini, Seyed Ehsan & Wahid, Mazlan Abdul & Aghili, Nasim, 2013. "The scenario of greenhouse gases reduction in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 400-409.
- Herring, Horace, 2006. "Energy efficiency—a critical view," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 10-20.
- Zanni, Alberto M. & Bristow, Abigail L., 2010. "Emissions of CO2 from road freight transport in London: Trends and policies for long run reductions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1774-1786, April.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Shrestha, Ashish, 2009. "Transport sector CO2 emissions growth in Asia: Underlying factors and policy options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4523-4539, November.
- Baños, R. & Manzano-Agugliaro, F. & Montoya, F.G. & Gil, C. & Alcayde, A. & Gómez, J., 2011. "Optimization methods applied to renewable and sustainable energy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1753-1766, May.
- Yan, Xiaoyu & Crookes, Roy J., 2009. "Reduction potentials of energy demand and GHG emissions in China's road transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 658-668, February.
- Lim, Steven & Lee, Keat Teong, 2012. "Implementation of biofuels in Malaysian transportation sector towards sustainable development: A case study of international cooperation between Malaysia and Japan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1790-1800.
- Ren, Hongbo & Zhou, Weisheng & Nakagami, Ken'ichi & Gao, Weijun & Wu, Qiong, 2010. "Multi-objective optimization for the operation of distributed energy systems considering economic and environmental aspects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3642-3651, December.
- Marrero, Gustavo A., 2010. "Greenhouse gases emissions, growth and the energy mix in Europe," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1356-1363, November.
- Gielen, Dolf & Changhong, Chen, 2001. "The CO2 emission reduction benefits of Chinese energy policies and environmental policies:: A case study for Shanghai, period 1995-2020," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 257-270, November.
- Ong, H.C. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H., 2011. "A review on emissions and mitigation strategies for road transport in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3516-3522.
- Hussain Ali Bekhet & Lee Lian Ivy-Yap, 2014. "Highlighting Energy Policies and Strategies for the Residential Sector in Malaysia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 448-456.
- Bai, Hsunling & Wei, Jong-Hourm, 1996. "The CO2 mitigation options for the electric sector. A case study of Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 221-228, March.
- Johansson, Bengt, 2009. "Will restrictions on CO2 emissions require reductions in transport demand?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3212-3220, August.
- Muis, Z.A. & Hashim, H. & Manan, Z.A. & Taha, F.M. & Douglas, P.L., 2010. "Optimal planning of renewable energy-integrated electricity generation schemes with CO2 reduction target," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2562-2570.
- Pan, Shenle & Ballot, Eric & Fontane, Frédéric, 2013. "The reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from freight transport by pooling supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 86-94.
- Ashina, Shuichi & Fujino, Junichi & Masui, Toshihiko & Ehara, Tomoki & Hibino, Go, 2012. "A roadmap towards a low-carbon society in Japan using backcasting methodology: Feasible pathways for achieving an 80% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 584-598.
- Wang, S.S. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Wang, Q.W., 2011. "CO2 emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in China: A panel data analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4870-4875, September.
- Begum, Rawshan Ara & Sohag, Kazi & Abdullah, Sharifah Mastura Syed & Jaafar, Mokhtar, 2015. "CO2 emissions, energy consumption, economic and population growth in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 594-601.
- Mattila, Tuomas & Antikainen, Riina, 2011. "Backcasting sustainable freight transport systems for Europe in 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1241-1248, March.
- Oliver Gao, H. & Stasko, Timon H., 2009. "Diversification in the driveway: mean-variance optimization for greenhouse gas emissions reduction from the next generation of vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5019-5027, December.
- Tye, Ying Ying & Lee, Keat Teong & Wan Abdullah, Wan Nadiah & Leh, Cheu Peng, 2011. "Second-generation bioethanol as a sustainable energy source in Malaysia transportation sector: Status, potential and future prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4521-4536.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:fan:efeefe:v:html10.3280/efe2016-002002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alam, Md. Saniul & Hyde, Bernard & Duffy, Paul & McNabola, Aonghus, 2017. "Assessment of pathways to reduce CO2 emissions from passenger car fleets: Case study in Ireland," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 283-300.
- AlSabbagh, Maha & Siu, Yim Ling & Guehnemann, Astrid & Barrett, John, 2017. "Integrated approach to the assessment of CO2e-mitigation measures for the road passenger transport sector in Bahrain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 203-215.
- Alshammari, Yousef M. & Sarathy, S. Mani, 2017. "Achieving 80% greenhouse gas reduction target in Saudi Arabia under low and medium oil prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 502-511.
More about this item
KeywordsCO2 emissions; Optimisation; Linear programming; Sensitivity Analysis; Transportation; Malaysia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:89:y:2016:i:c:p:171-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.