The Effects of Consumer‐Directed Health Plans on Health Care Spending
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anthony T. Lo Sasso & Lorens A. Helmchen & Robert Kaestner, 2009. "The Effects of Consumer-Directed Health Plans on Health Care Spending," NBER Working Papers 15106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Durand, Franck & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves, 1998.
"Moral hazard and the demand for physician services: First lessons from a French natural experiment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 499-511, May.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Durand, F. & Geoffard, P.Y., 1998. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Physician Services: First Lessons from a French Natural Experiment," DELTA Working Papers 98-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Dionne, Georges & St-Michel, Pierre, 1991.
"Workers' Compensation and Moral Hazard,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 236-244, May.
- Dionne, G. & St-Michel, P., 1988. "Workers' Compensation and Moral Hazard," Cahiers de recherche 8831, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Dionne, G. & St-Michel, P., 1988. "Workers' Compensation And Moral Hazard," Cahiers de recherche 8831, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Alma Cohen & Peter Siegelman, 2010.
"Testing for Adverse Selection in Insurance Markets,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(1), pages 39-84, March.
- Alma Cohen & Peter Siegelman, 2009. "Testing for Adverse Selection in Insurance Markets," NBER Working Papers 15586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keeler, Emmett B & Newhouse, Joseph P & Phelps, C E, 1977. "Deductibles and the Demand for Medical Care Services: The Theory of a Consumer Facing a Variable Price Schedule under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 641-655, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anne C. Duke & Brenda J. Cude, 2016. "Motivating Personal Contributions to Health Savings Accounts," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 652-665, November.
- Georges Dionne, 2012. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud and Dynamic Data," Cahiers de recherche 1233, CIRPEE.
- Zarek C. Brot-Goldberg & Amitabh Chandra & Benjamin R. Handel & Jonathan T. Kolstad, 2017.
"What does a Deductible Do? The Impact of Cost-Sharing on Health Care Prices, Quantities, and Spending Dynamics,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 132(3), pages 1261-1318.
- Zarek C. Brot-Goldberg & Amitabh Chandra & Benjamin R. Handel & Jonathan T. Kolstad, 2015. "What Does a Deductible Do? The Impact of Cost-Sharing on Health Care Prices, Quantities, and Spending Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 21632, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brot-Goldberg, Zarek C. & Chandra, Amitabh & Handel, Benjamin R. & Kolstad, Jonathan T., 2015. "What Does a Deductible Do? The Impact of Cost-Sharing on Health Care Prices, Quantities, and Spending Dynamics," Working Paper Series 15-060, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Brot-Goldberg, Z.C. & Chandra, A. & Handel, B. & Kolstad, J.T., 2016. "What Does a Deductible Do? The Impact of Cost-Sharing on Health Care Prices, Quantities and Spending Dynamics," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/15, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Song Chen & Anthony Lo Sasso & Aneesh Nandam, 2013. "Who funds their health savings account and why?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 219-232, December.
- Haviland, Amelia M. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Mehrotra, Ateev & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj, 2016.
"Do “Consumer-Directed” health plans bend the cost curve over time?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 33-51.
- Amelia M. Haviland & Matthew D. Eisenberg & Ateev Mehrotra & Peter J. Huckfeldt & Neeraj Sood, 2015. "Do “Consumer-Directed” Health Plans Bend the Cost Curve Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 21031, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Kate Bundorf, 2016. "Consumer-Directed Health Plans: A Review Of The Evidence," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(1), pages 9-41, January.
- Kaestner, Robert & Sasso, Anthony T. Lo, 2015.
"Does seeing the doctor more often keep you out of the hospital?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 259-272.
- Robert Kaestner & Anthony T. Lo Sasso, 2012. "Does Seeing the Doctor More Often Keep You Out of the Hospital?," NBER Working Papers 18255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0827-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Pichler & Jan Ruffner, 2016. "Does it really make a difference? Health care utilization with two high deductible health care plans," KOF Working papers 16-404, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein & Paul Schrimpf, 2013. "The Response of Drug Expenditures to Non-Linear Contract Design: Evidence from Medicare Part D," NBER Working Papers 19393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:77:y:2010:i:1:p:85-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.