Separating selection and incentive effects in health insurance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gardiol, Lucien & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves & Grandchamp, Chantal, 2005. "Separating Selection and Incentive Effects in Health Insurance," CEPR Discussion Papers 5380, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre & Durand, Franck & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves, 1998.
"Moral hazard and the demand for physician services: First lessons from a French natural experiment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 499-511, May.
- Chiappori, P.A. & Durand, F. & Geoffard, P.Y., 1998. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Physician Services: First Lessons from a French Natural Experiment," DELTA Working Papers 98-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Lucien Gardiol & Pierre-Yves Geoffard & Chantal Grandchamp, 2003.
"Separating Selection and Incentive Effects: an Econometric Study of Swiss Health Insurance Claims Data,"
DELTA Working Papers
2003-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Pierre-Yves Geoffard & Lucien Gardiol & Chantal Grandchamp, 2006. "Separating Selection and Incentive Effects: an Econometric Study of Swiss Health Insurance Claims Data," Post-Print halshs-00754832, HAL.
- Holly, Alberto & Gardiol, Lucien & Domenighetti, Gianfranco & Brigitte Bisig, 1998.
"An econometric model of health care utilization and health insurance in Switzerland,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 513-522, May.
- Alberto HOLLY & Lucien GARDIOL & Gianfranco DOMENIGHETTI & Brigitte BISIG, 1998. "An Econometric Model of Health Care Utilization and Health Insurance in Switzerland," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9803, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Eichner, Matthew J, 1998. "The Demand for Medical Care: What People Pay Does Matter," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 117-121, May.
- Cutler, David M. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2000. "The anatomy of health insurance," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 563-643 Elsevier.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Bernard Salanie, 2000.
"Testing for Asymmetric Information in Insurance Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(1), pages 56-78, February.
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Bernard Salanié, 1997. "Testing for Asymmetric Information in Insurance Markets," Working Papers 97-11, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Keeler, Emmett B & Newhouse, Joseph P & Phelps, C E, 1977. "Deductibles and the Demand for Medical Care Services: The Theory of a Consumer Facing a Variable Price Schedule under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 641-655, April.
- Cardon, James H & Hendel, Igal, 2001. "Asymmetric Information in Health Insurance: Evidence from the National Medical Expenditure Survey," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 408-427, Autumn.
- Manning, Willard G., 1998. "The logged dependent variable, heteroscedasticity, and the retransformation problem," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-295, June.
- A. C. Cameron & P. K. Trivedi & Frank Milne & J. Piggott, 1988. "A Microeconometric Model of the Demand for Health Care and Health Insurance in Australia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 85-106.
- David M. Cutler & Sarah J. Reber, 1998. "Paying for Health Insurance: The Trade-Off between Competition and Adverse Selection," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 433-466.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michel Grignon & Marc Perronnin & John N. Lavis, 2008. "Does free complementary health insurance help the poor to access health care? Evidence from France," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 203-219.
- Chantal Grandchamp & Lucien Gardiol, 2011.
"Does a mandatory telemedicine call prior to visiting a physician reduce costs or simply attract good risks?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(10), pages 1257-1267, October.
- Chantal Grandchamp & Lucien Gardiol, 2008. "Does a mandatory telemedicine call prior to visiting a physician reduce costs or simply attract good risks?," Working Papers 0801, University of Lausanne, Institute of Health Economics and Management (IEMS).
- R. Kleef & K. Beck & W. Ven & R. Vliet, 2007. "Does risk equalization reduce the viability of voluntary deductibles?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 43-58, March.
- Erik Schokkaert & Tom Van Ourti & Diana De Graeve & Ann Lecluyse & Carine Van de Voorde, 2010.
"Supplemental health insurance and equality of access in Belgium,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 377-395.
- Erik Schokkaert & Tom van Ourti & Diane De Grave & Ann Lecluyse & Carine Van De Voorde, 2007. "Supplemental health insurance and equality of access in Belgium," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0729, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- SCHOKKAERT, Erik & VAN OURTI, Tom & DE GRAEVE, Diana & LECLUYSE, Ann, 2010. "Supplemental health insurance and equality of access in Belgium," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2197, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter & Beck, Konstantin, 2012. "Supply-side and demand-side cost sharing in deregulated social health insurance: Which is more effective?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 231-242.
- Marcel Bilger & Jean-Paul Chaze, 2008. "What Drives Individual Health Expenditure in Switzerland?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 337-358, September.
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2008.
"Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1006-1025, July.
- Pita-Barros, Pedro & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2005. "Moral hazard and the demand for health services: a matching estimator approach," UC3M Working papers. Economics we055928, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Machado, Matilde Pinto & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2006. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Health Services: A Matching Estimator Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vincenzo Atella & Alberto Holly & Alessandro Mistretta, 2016. "Disentangling Adverse Selection, Moral Hazard and Supply Induced Demand: An Empirical Analysis of The Demand For Healthcare Services," CEIS Research Paper 389, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 Jun 2016.
- Pau Olivella & Marcos Vera-Hernandez, 2006. "Testing for adverse selection into private medical insurance," IFS Working Papers W06/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Renate Lange & Jörg Schiller & Petra Steinorth, 2015. "Demand and Selection Effects in Supplemental Health Insurance in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 757, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- World Bank, 2009. "Europe and Central Asia - Health insurance and competition," World Bank Other Operational Studies 3064, The World Bank.
- Omar Paccagnella & Vincenzo Rebba & Guglielmo Weber, 2013. "VOLUNTARY PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE AMONG THE OVER 50s IN EUROPE," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 289-315, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5055 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard C. van Kleef & Wynand P. M. M. van de Ven & René C. J. A. van Vliet, 2006. "A Voluntary Deductible in Social Health Insurance with Risk Equalization: "Community-Rated or Risk-Rated Premium Rebate?"," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(3), pages 529-550.
More about this item
Keywordshealth insurance; demand for health care; moral hazard; adverse selection; full maximum likelihood estimation; assurance maladie; demande de soins; aléa moral; antisélection; estimation par maximum de vraisemblance totale;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00590713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .