Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
2023, Volume 86, Issue C
- S0047235223000028 Family incarceration and prison adaptation: Investigating the impact of family incarceration history on prison misconduct
by Daquin, Jane C. & Clipper, Stephen J. & Rude, Amanda & Daigle, Leah E.
- S0047235223000041 Adverse childhood experiences and delinquency: Does age of assessment matter?
by Leban, Lindsay & Delacruz, Delilah J.
- S0047235223000156 Geography of poly-substance drug mortality
by Hochstetler, Andy & Peters, David J.
- S0047235223000168 Measuring normative obligation to obey the police: An empirical assessment of a new police legitimacy scale
by Reisig, Michael D. & Trinkner, Rick & Sarpong, Dennis
- S0047235223000181 Firearm acquisition patterns and characteristics of California mass and active shooters
by Tomsich, Elizabeth A. & Crawford, Andrew & McCort, Chris D. & Wintemute, Garen J. & Laqueur, Hannah S.
- S0047235223000193 Territory, residency, and routine activities: A typology of gang member mobility patterns with implications for place-based interventions
by Valasik, Matthew & Gravel, Jason & Tita, George E. & Brantingham, P. Jeffrey & Griffiths, Elizabeth
- S0047235223000211 Does routine activity theory still matter during COVID-19 restrictions? The geography of sexual assaults before, during, and after COVID-19 restrictions
by Lersch, Kim M. & Hart, Timothy C.
- S0047235223000223 A dynamic factor model to predict homicides with firearm in the United States
by Ramallo, Salvador & Camacho, Máximo & Ruiz Marín, Manuel & Porfiri, Maurizio
- S0047235223000235 Deconstructing journey-to-crime's questionable validity in theft-related crimes
by Michaud, Patrick & Proulx, Jean
- S0047235223000302 Risk factors for all-cause, natural, and unnatural deaths among individuals released from state prison
by McNeeley, Susan & Clark, Valerie A. & Duwe, Grant
- S0047235223000314 Dark web pedophile site users' cybersecurity concerns: A lifespan and survival analysis
by Chopin, Julien & Décary-Hétu, David
- S0047235223000326 Prediction of violent reoffending in people released from prison in England: External validation study of a risk assessment tool (OxRec)
by Beaudry, Gabrielle & Yu, Rongqin & Miller, Owen & Prescott-Mayling, Lewis & Fanshawe, Thomas R. & Fazel, Seena
- S0047235223000338 The shortsighted victim: Short-term mindsets mediate the link between victimization and later offending
by Kübel, Sebastian L. & Deitzer, Jessica R. & Frankenhuis, Willem E. & Ribeaud, Denis & Eisner, Manuel P. & van Gelder, Jean-Louis
- S0047235223000351 Who is to blame? Youth crime and attribution of responsibility in urban Mexico
by García-Ponce, Omar & Laterzo, Isabel & Bronsoler, Vivian & Lavore, Elisa & Kibriya, Shahriar
- S0047235223000363 Economic inequality and crime: The role of social resistance
by Itskovich, Eran & Factor, Roni
- S0047235223000375 Parental criminality as an extralegal biasing factor in being processed through the criminal justice system
by Diana, Koshenova & Yerlan, Turgumbaev & Rima, Dzhansarayeva & Meruert, Bissenova & Gulnaz, Alayeva & Beaver, Kevin M.
- S0047235223000387 Psychopathy and callous-unemotional traits in adolescence: A systematic review of cultural inclusion and meta-analysis of fMRI neural correlates
by Nelson Aguiar, Rebecca J. & Vitacco, Michael J. & Porter Staats, Megan L. & Dzurny, Tess
- S0047235223000399 Shootings and land use
by Knorre, Alex & MacDonald, John
- S0047235223000405 Disagreeable and out of control: Applicability of the Big Five and low self-control in predicting offending
by Keating, Bret E.
- S0047235223000417 Dynamic risk trajectories, community context, and juvenile recidivism
by Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T. & Intravia, Jonathan
- S0047235223000429 Proactive monitoring and operator discretion: A systematic social observation of CCTV control room operations
by Piza, Eric L. & Moton, Lauren N.
- S0047235223000430 Space matters: An examination of the circumstances surrounding violence against correctional staff
by Rodriguez, Nancy & Waggoner, Katherine
- S004723522300003X Focal concerns theory and case advancement in sexual assault cases: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Lapsey, David S. & Campbell, Bradley A. & Benitez, Ivan
- S004723522300017X Examining a third level of police organizational climate: Does organizational self-legitimacy shape officer attitudes on the job?
by Peacock, Robert P. & Ivković, Sanja Kutnjak & Mraovic, Irena Cajner & Borovec, Krunoslav
- S004723522300020X Analysis of the factors influencing multiple uses of crime guns: An exploratory study
by Scott, Samantha & Dierenfeldt, Rick & Drawve, Grant & Rosenberger, Jared & Crittenden, Courtney & May, Joshua
- S004723522300034X Neuropsychological deficits, adverse home environments, and cascading behaviors and consequences: An examination of relationships from childhood through adolescence
by Novak, Abigail
2023, Volume 85, Issue C
- S0047235222000526 “We study the past to understand the present; we understand the present to guide the future”: The time capsule of developmental and life-course criminology
by Piquero, Alex R.
- S0047235222000745 Who gave historical criminology a name? A history of 20th-century historical criminology
by Catello, Roberto
- S0047235222000988 Historical criminology, a moving target: Understanding and challenging trends in British and American periodization
by Tepperman, Alex & Rickabaugh, Jay
- S0047235222001064 The life and scholarship of Pauline Tarnowsky: Criminology's mother
by Huff-Corzine, Lin & Toohy, Kayla
- S0047235222001118 Cannabis and criminology: A history of race, addiction, and inconvenient research
by Wheeldon, Johannes & Heidt, Jon
- S0047235222001179 Individualization and the decline of homicide: England 1250–1750
by Cooney, Mark & Patterson, Jeffery
- S0047235222001209 Gender and the commission of violent street robbery in Liverpool, 1850–1870. A historic criminology approach
by Alker, Zoe
- S0047235222001258 Being the first: Women and the memory of San José Police School 1930–1964
by Knepper, Paul
- S0047235222001520 The emergence and spread of the summons in lieu of arrest, 1907–1980
by Thacher, David
- S0047235223000144 Criminology's future is in its past
by Dooley, Brendan D. & Rocque, Michael
- S004723522200109X The Rodney King incident and verdict revisited: Examining opinion-mobilizing effects using data from Southern California in 1991 and 1992
by Nägel, Christof & Nivette, Amy
2023, Volume 84, Issue C
- S0047235222001295 A population-based study of unintentional injury and premature death among non-imprisoned and imprisoned youth offenders
by Siponen, Rebecca & Andersson, Anneli & Oskarsson, Sofi & Garcia-Argibay, Miguel & Beckley, Amber L. & Långström, Niklas & Fazel, Seena & Chang, Zheng & Larsson, Henrik & Evans, Brittany & Tuvblad, Catherine
- S0047235222001507 Revisiting the influence of police response time: Examining the effects of response time on arrest and how it varies by call type
by Rief, Rachael & Huff, Jessica
- S0047235222001519 Influence of a residential drug and alcohol program on young people's criminal conviction trajectories
by Whitten, Tyson & Cale, Jesse & Nathan, Sally & Williams, Megan & Baldry, Eileen & Ferry, Mark & Hayen, Andrew
- S0047235222001532 APPlied stalking: What the next generation of stalking victims consider to be ‘stalking’ and why victims report their experiences to the police
by Brady, Patrick Q. & Reyns, Bradford W. & Landhuis, Jennifer & Griffin, Vanessa Woodward
- S0047235222001544 Parents, peers, and low self-control: Exploring the impact of time varying factors associated with deviance in early- and middle-adolescence
by Bryson, Sara L. & Baker, Thomas & Ray, James V. & Metcalfe, Christi
- S0047235223000016 Gang intervention during COVID-19: A qualitative study of multidisciplinary teams and street outreach in Denver
by Sanchez, Jose Antonio & Pyrooz, David C.
2022, Volume 83, Issue C
- S0047235222000393 County jail incarceration rates and food hardship in the United States
by Santos, Mateus Rennó & Testa, Alexander & Weiss, Douglas B. & Jackson, Dylan B.
- S0047235222000423 Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), psychotropic medication prescription, and continued offending among youth with serious offending histories in juvenile justice residential placement
by Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T. & Intravia, Jonathan
- S0047235222000459 Gender differences in early adverse childhood experiences and youth psychological distress
by Jones, Melissa S. & Pierce, Hayley & Shafer, Kevin
- S0047235222000460 Fledgling psychopathy meets social determinants of health: Evidence of childhood homicidal ideation among pediatric emergency department patients
by Carbone, Jason T. & Testa, Alexander & Vaughn, Michael G. & Jackson, Dylan B.
- S0047235222000502 Older Adults' perspectives on death and dying in prison
by Novisky, Meghan A. & Narvey, Chelsey S. & Prost, Stephanie Grace
- S0047235222000782 Examining recidivism during reentry: Proposing a holistic model of health and wellbeing
by Fahmy, Chantal & Mitchell, Meghan M.
- S0047235222000812 Mental health outcomes from direct and indirect exposure to firearm violence: A cohort study of nonfatal shooting survivors and family members
by Magee, Lauren A. & Aalsma, Matthew C. & Fortenberry, J. Dennis & Gharbi, Sami & Wiehe, Sarah E.
- S0047235222000848 Community perspectives on gun violence and safety: The role of policing in Baltimore City
by Crifasi, Cassandra K. & Williams, Rebecca G. & Booty, Marisa D. & Owens-Young, Jessica L. & Webster, Daniel W. & Buggs, Shani A.L.
- S0047235222000861 Physical and sexual assault, and negative perceptions of health: Does age of onset matter?
by Lloyd, Kristin M. & Posick, Chad & Stevens, Jasmyn
- S0047235222000873 Anticipation of racially motivated police brutality and youth mental health
by Webb, Lindsey & Jackson, Dylan B. & Jindal, Monique & Alang, Sirry & Mendelson, Tamar & Clary, Laura K.
- S0047235222000940 Perceived healthcare quality and contraception utilization among persons recently incarcerated
by Hall, Bianca & Atrio, Jessica & Moore, Shawana & Lorvick, Jennifer & Cropsey, Karen & Ramaswamy, Megha
- S0047235222000952 Sleep problems and self-control: An examination of reciprocal effects across childhood and adolescence
by Partin, Raymond D. & Hare, Megan & Meldrum, Ryan C. & Trucco, Elisa M.
- S0047235222001039 Infrastructure of social control: A multi-level counterfactual analysis of surveillance and Black education
by Johnson, Odis & Jabbari, Jason
- S004723522200054X Consequences of fearing police: Associations with youths' mental health and felt obligation to obey both the law and school rules
by Fine, Adam D. & Del Toro, Juan & Orosco, Carlena
- S004723522200085X Enhanced perinatal programs for people in prisons: A summary of six states' programs
by Wilson, Stephanie H. & Marsh, L. Noël & Zielinski, Melissa & Corbett, Amanda & Siegler, Anne & Shlafer, Rebecca
2022, Volume 82, Issue C
- S0047235222000538 A test of faith: Exploring the attitudes and experiences of Catholics in the aftermath of the Church's child sexual abuse scandal
by Mancini, Christina
- S0047235222000551 Prediction of reoffending risk in men convicted of sexual offences: development and validation of novel and scalable risk assessment tools (OxRIS)
by Yu, Rongqin & Molero, Yasmina & Långström, Niklas & Fanshawe, Thomas & Yukhnenko, Denis & Lichtenstein, Paul & Larsson, Henrik & Fazel, Seena
- S0047235222000630 The impact of COVID-19 on police officer activities
by Nielson, Kyler R. & Zhang, Yan & Ingram, Jason R.
- S0047235222000642 Why did the use of force go up? Investigating the unexpected impact of a body-worn camera program on a use of force time series
by Boehme, Hunter M. & Schnell, Cory
- S0047235222000654 Community reentry and the revolving door problem: Are individuals convicted of sexual offenses adequately prepared?
by Lussier, Patrick & Frechette, Julien
- S0047235222000666 The great methods bake-off: Comparing performance of machine learning algorithms
by Kigerl, Alex & Hamilton, Zachary & Kowalski, Melissa & Mei, Xiaohan
- S0047235222000733 Property crime specialization in Detroit, Michigan
by Felson, Marcus & Xu, Yanqing & Jiang, Shanhe
- S0047235222000770 Exploring trajectories of offender harm: An alternative approach to understanding offending pathways over the life-course
by McCarthy, Molly & Ogilvie, James M. & Allard, Troy
- S0047235222000824 The influence of individual differences on the formation of perceptions of risk, social cost, and rewards of crime: A meta-analysis
by Altikriti, Sultan & Nedelec, Joseph L. & Barnes, J.C.
- S0047235222000836 Stuck in the cycle? Assessing a reciprocal model of incarceration, health, and relative risk over twenty-five years
by Semenza, Daniel C. & Silver, Ian A.
- S0047235222000885 Examining the potential association between perceived life expectations and violent behaviors, criminal justice processing, and victimization: A longitudinal analysis
by Rima, Dzhansarayeva & Turgumbayev, Marlen & Alimkulov, Yerbol & Useinova, Karlygash & Beaver, Kevin M.
- S0047235222000897 Turnover intention among Indian police: Do organizational and community stressors matter?
by Anand, Vaijayanthee & Verma, Luv & Santhanam, Nivethitha & Grover, Atipriya
- S0047235222000903 Unveiling the heart of young offenders: Testing the tripartite model of affect regulation in community and forensic male adolescents
by Sousa, Rúben & Petrocchi, Nicola & Gilbert, Paul & Rijo, Daniel
- S0047235222000915 Bail denied or bail too high? Disentangling cumulative disadvantage by pretrial detention type
by St. Louis, Stacie
- S0047235222000927 Proactive policing embedded in two models: A geospatial analysis of proactive activities by patrol officers and COP officers
by Zhao, Jihong Solomon & Zhang, Yan
- S0047235222000939 Judicial diversity and sentencing disparity across U.S. District Courts
by Crow, Matthew S. & Goulette, Natalie
- S0047235222000964 Gender differences in serious police misconduct: A machine-learning analysis of the New York Police Department (NYPD)
by Cubitt, Timothy I.C. & Gaub, Janne E. & Holtfreter, Kristy
- S0047235222000976 Racial differences in the effects of early adverse childhood experiences on adolescent delinquency: The role of middle childhood mechanisms
by Jones, Melissa S. & Shurtliff, Tacey M. & Gerlinger, Julie
- S0047235222001003 Targeted violence in correctional facilities: The complex motivations of prisoners who kill child sex abusers
by Long, Joshua S.
- S0047235222001015 The impact of childhood trauma, personality, and sexuality on the development of paraphilias
by Longpré, Nicholas & Galiano, Courtney Burdis & Guay, Jean-Pierre
- S0047235222001027 More similar than different? Examining prison infractions and recidivism among female and male white-collar offenders
by Logan, Matthew W. & Morgan, Mark A. & Long, Joshua S. & Hazelwood, Andrea & Bacigalupo, James
- S0047235222001040 Examining impacts of street characteristics on residents' fear of crime: Evidence from a longitudinal study of crime hot spots
by Kuen, Kiseong & Weisburd, David & White, Clair & Hinkle, Joshua C.
- S0047235222001052 The relationship between mental health, risk, and community supervision outcomes
by Pederson, Kaitlyn M. & Toman, Elisa L. & Miller, Holly A.
- S0047235222001076 Testing the Cinderella effect: Measuring victim injury in child abuse cases
by Block, Kristina & Kaplan, Jacob
- S0047235222001088 Measuring fear of crime during the past 25 years: A systematic quantitative literature review
by Hart, Timothy C. & Chataway, Michael & Mellberg, Jacques
- S0047235222001106 Abuse, neglect and witnessing violence during childhood within justice-involved samples: A meta-analysis of the prevalence and nature of gender differences and similarities
by Wanamaker, Kayla A. & Brown, Shelley L. & Czerwinsky, Allysa M.
- S0047235222001131 Adverse childhood experiences, developmental differences in impulse control and sensation seeking, and delinquency: A prospective multi-cohort study
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Stults, Brian J. & Hay, Carter & Kernsmith, Poco D. & Smith-Darden, Joanne P.
- S0047235222001143 A dyadic analysis of social network stability before and after incarceration
by Sentse, Miranda & de Vries, Ieke & Nieuwbeerta, Paul
- S0047235222001155 The role of poor sleep on the development of self-control and antisocial behavior from adolescence to adulthood
by Connolly, Eric J. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Block, Kristina
- S0047235222001167 Household occupancy and burglary: A case study using COVID-19 restrictions
by Frith, Michael J. & Bowers, Kate J. & Johnson, Shane D.
- S0047235222001180 Childhood abuse, neglect, household dysfunction, and juvenile recidivism: The mediating role of social bonds
by Craig, Jessica M. & Wolff, Kevin T. & Pierce, Kelly & Zettler, Haley & Baglivio, Michael T.
- S0047235222001192 The generalizability of public judgments of procedural justice across police interaction and demographic variables
by Peacock, Robert P.
- S0047235222001210 Use of force during stop and frisks: Examining the role of suspect demeanor and race
by Farrell, Chelsea
- S0047235222001222 The impacts of length of prison stay on recidivism of non-violent offenders in Oregon
by Leymon, Mark G. & Campbell, Christopher M. & Henning, Kris & Renauer, Brian C.
- S0047235222001234 Reinvestigating the relationship between cities and the spatial distribution of robbery: A tale of eight cities
by Spencer, M. Dylan & Schnell, Cory
- S0047235222001246 Relationship between resting heart rate and law enforcement involvement: The moderating role of socioeconomic status in a sample of urban youth
by Bertoldi, Bridget M. & Evans, Brittany & Oskarsson, Sofi & Joyner, Keanan & Tuvblad, Catherine & Baker, Laura A. & Raine, Adrian & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Patrick, Christopher J.
- S0047235222001271 Reassessing the missing link in general deterrence research: A behavioral economic approach
by Slepicka, Jessie
- S0047235222001283 How do the consequences of pretrial detention on guilty pleas and carceral sentences vary between misdemeanor and felony cases?
by Thomas, Christopher & Cadoff, Becca & Wolff, Kevin T. & Chauhan, Preeti
- S004723522200099X Reducing staff burnout and turnover intentions in juvenile justice residential commitment programs: The promise of trauma-informed care
by Sheppard, Keller G. & Wilson, Michaela M. & Reddick, Lacey H. & Tucker, Garrett O. & Schwab, Ashley H.
- S004723522200112X Virus containment measures and homicide in Mexico: An assessment of community strain theory
by Vilalta, Carlos & Fondevila, Gustavo & Massa, Ricardo
- S004723522200126X Elucidating the relevance of dissociation and emotion dysregulation for aggression in forensic and community samples
by Garofalo, Carlo & Velotti, Patrizia & Zavattini, Giulio Cesare
2022, Volume 81, Issue C
- S0047235222000216 Psychopathy and crimes against humanity: A conceptual and empirical examination of human rights violators
by Hare, Robert D. & León-Mayer, Elizabeth & Salinas, Joanna Rocuant & Folino, Jorge & Neumann, Craig S.
- S0047235222000228 The predictive performance of criminal risk assessment tools used at sentencing: Systematic review of validation studies
by Fazel, Seena & Burghart, Matthias & Fanshawe, Thomas & Gil, Sharon Danielle & Monahan, John & Yu, Rongqin
- S0047235222000241 Visitation patterns and post-release offending: Exploring variations in the timing, rate, and consistency of prison visits
by Berghuis, Maria & Nieuwbeerta, Paul & Palmen, Hanneke & Sentse, Miranda & van Hazebroek, Babette & van Ginneken, Esther
- S0047235222000253 Examining drug enforcement by specialized police units in Chicago, 2009-2019
by Burke, Patrick J.
- S0047235222000356 Time after time: Factors predicting murder series' duration
by Chai, April Miin Miin & Yaksic, Enzo & Chopin, Julien & Fortin, Francis & Hewitt, Ashley
- S0047235222000368 Understanding juvenile pre-adjudicatory detention and front-end juvenile case processing: The moderating role of race
by Thomas, Christopher & Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T.
- S0047235222000381 Unpacking the connection between parental incarceration and parenting stress: The mediating role of child health and health care strains
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Testa, Alexander & Turney, Kristin
- S0047235222000411 Social correlates of specialized versus versatile offending patterns in intimate partner violence: A register-based study in Finland
by Tanskanen, Maiju & Aaltonen, Mikko
- S0047235222000435 Uncertainty and heuristics in offender decision-making: Deviations from rational choice
by Rossmo, D. Kim & Summers, Lucia
- S0047235222000447 On the selection of variables in criminology: Adjusting for the descendants of unobserved confounders
by Silver, Ian A. & Lonergan, Holly & Nedelec, Joseph L.
- S0047235222000472 Evaluating the cumulative impact of indigent defense attorneys on criminal justice outcomes
by Sharma, Madhuri & Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J.
- S0047235222000484 Criminal nomadism: A neglected dimension of spatial mobility in sex offending
by Michaud, Patrick & Beauregard, Eric & Proulx, Jean
- S0047235222000496 Violence in the Big Apple throughout the COVID-19 pandemic: A borough-specific analysis
by Wolff, Kevin T. & Intravia, Jonathan & Baglivio, Michael T. & Piquero, Alex R.
- S0047235222000514 Exploring further determinants of citizen satisfaction with the police: The role of strain
by Ferdik, Frank & Frogge, George & Cooney, Mikaela
- S004723522200023X Just another day's work: The nexus between workplace experiences and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in jail settings
by Ellison, Jared M. & Cain, Calli M. & Jaegers, Lisa A.
- S004723522200037X Psychopathic traits predict patterns of gun-carrying among a sample of justice-involved youth
by Ray, James V.
- S004723522200040X Parental criminality and children's educational attainment: A population-based extended family study
by Kailaheimo-Lönnqvist, Sanna & Kuja-Halkola, Ralf & Larsson, Henrik & Lichtenstein, Paul & Latvala, Antti
2022, Volume 80, Issue C
- S0047235220302385 Testing the predictive and incremental validity of callous-unemotional traits versus the multidimensional psychopathy construct in preschool children
by López-Romero, Laura & Colins, Olivier F. & Fanti, Kostas & Salekin, Randall T. & Romero, Estrella & Andershed, Henrik
- S0047235220302555 Do psychopathic personality traits in childhood predict subsequent criminality and psychiatric outcomes over and above childhood behavioral problems?
by Virtanen, Suvi & Latvala, Antti & Andershed, Henrik & Lichtenstein, Paul & Tuvblad, Catherine & Colins, Olivier F. & Suvisaari, Jaana & Larsson, Henrik & Lundström, Sebastian
- S0047235220302646 Psychopathy and the prospective prediction of adult offending through age 29: Revisiting unfulfilled promises of developmental criminology
by Lussier, Patrick & McCuish, Evan & Corrado, Raymond
- S0047235220302658 The incremental usefulness of teacher-rated psychopathic traits in 5- to 7-year olds in predicting teacher-, parent-, and child self-reported antisocial behavior at a six-year follow-up
by Colins, Olivier F. & Andershed, Henrik & Hellfeldt, Karin & Fanti, Kostas A.
- S0047235220302683 Testing the utility of the psychopathy construct for predicting criminal recidivism among detained girls
by Colins, Olivier F. & Van Damme, Lore & Andershed, Henrik
- S0047235220302749 Incremental validity of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised above and beyond the diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder regarding recidivism in sexual offenders
by Yoon, Dahlnym & Eher, Reinhard & Mokros, Andreas
- S0047235221000374 Psychopathic personality and criminal violence across the life-course in a prospective longitudinal study: Does psychopathic personality predict violence when controlling for other risk factors?
by Bergstrøm, Henriette & Farrington, David P.
- S0047235222000344 Psychopathic personality, and its dimensions in the prediction of negative outcomes: Do they offer incremental value above and beyond common risk factors? Introduction to the special section
by Salekin, Randall T. & Andershed, Henrik
- S004723522030266X Psychopathic traits and different types of criminal behavior: An assessment of direct effects and mediating processes
by Lee, Yeungjeom & Kim, Jihoon
2022, Volume 79, Issue C
- S0047235222000022 Tackling UCR's missing data problem: A multiple imputation approach
by DeLang, Mason & Taheri, Sema A. & Hutchison, Robert & Hawke, Nathan
- S0047235222000046 Nightlife activity and crime: The impact of COVID-19 related nightlife restrictions on violent crime
by Ejrnæs, Anders & Scherg, Rune H.
- S0047235222000058 Police dispatch times: The effects of neighborhood structural disadvantage
by LaBerge, Alyssa & Mason, Makayla & Sanders, Kaelyn
- S0047235222000137 Adverse childhood experiences and offending among Hispanic adults in the U.S.: Examining differences in prevalence and effects across nativity
by Powers, Ráchael A. & Moule, Richard K. & Severson, Rachel E.
- S0047235222000162 Recruiting the warrior cop: Assessing predictors of highly militarized recruitment videos
by Koslicki, Wendy M.
- S0047235222000174 The personality of male prisoners: Moving towards an integrated temperament-and-character-based theory of criminal and antisocial behavior
by Moreira, Paulo A.S. & Lopes, Joana Correia & Inman, Richard A. & Cunha, Olga
- S0047235222000186 Explainable machine learning for predicting homicide clearance in the United States
by Campedelli, Gian Maria
- S0047235222000198 Tracing changes in behavior across the extended solitary confinement process
by Picon, Mayra & Siennick, Sonja E. & Brown, Jennifer M. & Mears, Daniel P.
- S0047235222000204 Randomized trial of a diversion program for property offenders with drug use
by McCart, Michael R. & Chapman, Jason E. & Alley, Zoe & Sheidow, Ashli J.
2022, Volume 78, Issue C
- S0047235221000994 Publication bias: A “bird's-eye view” of meta-analytic practice in criminology and criminal justice
by Kim, Bitna
- S0047235221001008 Adverse perinatal events and offspring criminal convictions in men and women: A population-based study
by Oskarsson, Sofi & Garcia-Argibay, Miguel & Andersson, Anneli & Kuja-Halkola, Ralf & Latvala, Antti & D'Onofrio, Brian M. & Raine, Adrian & Patrick, Christopher J. & Lichtenstein, Paul & Larsson, Henrik & Tuvblad, Catherine
- S0047235222000010 Crime down in the Paris of the prairies: Spatial effects of COVID-19 and crime during lockdown in Saskatoon, Canada
by Hodgkinson, Tarah & Andresen, Martin A. & Frank, Richard & Pringle, Darren
- S0047235222000034 Reaffirming the relationship between routine activities and violent victimization in prison
by McNeeley, Susan
- S004723522100101X Gold, silver, and bronze: Measuring the impact of the Beijing 2008, London 2012, and Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics on crime
by Chen, Yongqi & Riddell, Jordan R. & Hill, Joshua B. & Chen, Peng & Piquero, Alex R. & Kurland, Justin
2021, Volume 77, Issue C
- S0047235221000714 Drug offence detection during the pandemic: A spatiotemporal study of drug markets
by Payne, Jason L. & Langfield, Cameron T.
- S0047235221000726 Exploring effects of psycho-bio-social risk factors on later offending
by Oliveira, Raquel V. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- S0047235221000738 Prevalence of polymorphism (“crossover”) among sexual offenders
by Scurich, Nicholas & Gongola, Jennifer
- S0047235221000829 Police use of force at street segments: Do street-level characteristics matter?
by Nouri, Seyvan
- S0047235221000830 Are white-collar prisoners special? Prison adaptation and the special sensitivity hypothesis
by Long, Joshua & Logan, Matthew W. & Morgan, Mark A.
- S0047235221000842 Density, diversity, and design: Three measures of the built environment and the spatial patterns of crime in street segments
by Kim, Young-An & Hipp, John R.
- S0047235221000854 A sexual frustration theory of aggression, violence, and crime
by Lankford, Adam
- S004723522100088X Explaining the relationship between neighborhood disorder and crime fear: The perceptual role of neighbors and the police
by Carter, Travis M. & Wolfe, Scott E.
2021, Volume 76, Issue C
- S0047235221000544 Examining the immediate effects of COVID-19 on residential and commercial burglaries in Michigan: An interrupted time-series analysis
by Carter, Travis M. & Turner, Noah D.
- S0047235221000659 Shame coping and psychopathy: A replication and extension in a sample of male incarcerated offenders
by Garofalo, Carlo & Velotti, Patrizia
- S0047235221000660 Do everyday proactive policing activities reduce vehicle crashes? Examining a commonly held law enforcement belief using a novel method
by Wu, Xiaoyun & Lum, Cynthia & Koper, Christopher
- S0047235221000672 Are gun ownership rates and regulations associated with firearm incidents in American schools? A forty-year analysis (1980–2019)
by Hamlin, Daniel
- S0047235221000684 Is the recent surge in violence in American cities due to contagion?
by Brantingham, P. Jeffrey & Carter, Jeremy & MacDonald, John & Melde, Chris & Mohler, George
- S0047235221000696 Criminal lifestyle, psychopathy, and prison adjustment among female inmates
by Pinheiro, Marina & Gonçalves, Rui Abrunhosa & Cunha, Olga
- S0047235221000702 What happens when sexual assault kits go untested? A focal concerns analysis of suspect identification and police pre-arrest decisions
by Campbell, Bradley A. & Wells, William & King, William R.
2021, Volume 75, Issue C
- S0047235221000398 Body-worn cameras and arrest: Zooming in on disaggregated metrics and possible unintended consequences
by McCarty, William P. & Meng, Zhe & Buslik, Marc S. & Moreno, Rafael
- S0047235221000477 Problems of cross-cultural criminology no more! Testing two central tenets of Self-Control Theory across 28 nations
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Ksinan, Albert J. & Javakhishvili, Magda
- S0047235221000489 Police use of firearms: Exploring citizen, officer, and incident characteristics in a statewide sample
by Stansfield, Richard & Aaronson, Ethan & Okulicz-Kozaryn, Adam
- S0047235221000490 Understanding police decisions to arrest: The impact of situational, officer, and neighborhood characteristics on police discretion
by Huff, Jessica
- S0047235221000507 Small area variation in crime effects of COVID-19 policies in England and Wales
by Langton, Samuel & Dixon, Anthony & Farrell, Graham
- S0047235221000519 Tracing the effects of reducing penalties on crime and prosecution
by Groff, Elizabeth R. & Ward, Jeffrey T. & Wartell, Julie
- S0047235221000520 A systematic review of experimental studies investigating attitudes towards sexual revictimization: Findings, ecological validity, and scientific rigor
by Wager, Nadia M. & Goodson, Simon & Parton, Loren E.
- S0047235221000532 “After that, I was leery about giving anybody a break about anything”: Officer-perceived consequences of trauma exposure on interactions with the public
by Hofer, Meret S. & Guarnera, Lucy A. & Savell, Shannon M.
2021, Volume 74, Issue C
- S0047235220302701 Scripting police escalation of use of force through conjunctive analysis of body-worn camera footage: A systematic social observational pilot study
by Sytsma, Victoria A. & Chillar, Vijay F. & Piza, Eric L.
- S0047235221000167 A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effects of judicial supervision on recidivism and well-being factors of criminal offenders
by Trood, Michael D. & Spivak, Benjamin L. & Ogloff, James R.P.
- S0047235221000179 Health conditions and victimization among incarcerated individuals in U.S. jails
by Grosholz, Jessica M. & Semenza, Daniel C.
- S0047235221000180 Drug overdose death rates and criminal sentencing of federal drug offenders in the United States
by Testa, Alexander & Lee, Jacqueline
- S0047235221000192 Exploring variation in factors associated with increased likelihood of pretrial detention
by Cadoff, Becca & Wolff, Kevin T. & Chauhan, Preeti
- S0047235221000301 The role of psychopathy and childhood maltreatment in homicidal ideation
by Heirigs, Mark H.
- S0047235221000313 Gender, adverse childhood experiences, and the development of self-control
by Chapple, Constance L. & Pierce, Hayley & Jones, Melissa S.
- S0047235221000325 The cycle of reentry and reincarceration: Examining the influence on employment over a period of 18 years
by Silver, Ian A. & D'Amato, Christopher & Wooldredge, John
- S0047235221000337 Associations of neighborhood disadvantage and offender concentration with criminal behavior: Between-within analysis in Finnish registry data
by Airaksinen, Jaakko & Aaltonen, Mikko & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Martikainen, Pekka & Latvala, Antti
- S0047235221000349 The Indianapolis harmspot policing experiment
by Carter, Jeremy G. & Mohler, George & Raje, Rajeev & Chowdhury, Nahida & Pandey, Saurabh
- S0047235221000350 The role of employment as a mediator in correctional education's impact on recidivism: A quasi-experimental study of multiple programs
by Walk, Dror & Haviv, Noam & Hasisi, Badi & Weisburd, David
- S0047235221000362 A system-wide implementation and evaluation of the Strategic Training Initiative in Community Supervision (STICS)
by Bonta, James & Bourgon, Guy & Rugge, Tanya & Pedneault, Chloe I. & Lee, Seung C.
- S0047235221000386 Improving victim engagement and officer response in rape investigations: A longitudinal assessment of a brief training
by Mourtgos, Scott M. & Adams, Ian T. & Mastracci, Sharon H.
- S004723522100026X Domestic violence during the COVID-19 pandemic - Evidence from a systematic review and meta-analysis
by Piquero, Alex R. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Jemison, Erin & Kaukinen, Catherine & Knaul, Felicia Marie
2021, Volume 73, Issue C
- S0047235220302154 The sensitivity of repeat and near repeat analysis to geocoding algorithms
by Haberman, Cory P. & Hatten, David & Carter, Jeremy G. & Piza, Eric L.
- S0047235220302403 How much justice is denied? An estimate of unsubmitted sexual assault kits in the United States
by Strom, Kevin & Scott, Thomas & Feeney, Hannah & Young, Amanda & Couzens, Lance & Berzofsky, Marcus
- S0047235220302415 The psychology of justice buildings: A survey experiment on police architecture, public sentiment, and race
by Headley, Andrea M. & Blount-Hill, Kwan-Lamar & St. John, Victor J.
- S0047235220302452 A statistical study of the time intervals between serial homicides
by Yaksic, Enzo & Simkin, Mikhail & Roychowdhury, Vwani
- S0047235220302476 Development and validation of the Chinese public official strain scale
by Wang, Kangqing & Xia, Yiwei & Ma, Zhihao
- S0047235220302488 Effects of pretrial risk assessments on release decisions and misconduct outcomes relative to practice as usual
by Lowder, Evan M. & Diaz, Carmen L. & Grommon, Eric & Ray, Bradley R.
- S0047235220302518 Procedural justice and incarcerated people's obligation to obey institutional rules: An examination of current, former, and never-gang members
by Alward, Lucas M. & Baker, Thomas & Gordon, Jill A.
- S0047235220302531 Incarceration and cardiovascular health: Multiple mechanisms within an intersectional framework
by Semenza, Daniel C. & Testa, Alexander M. & Jackson, Dylan B. & Vaughn, Michael G.
- S0047235221000027 Understanding neighborhood disadvantage: A behavior genetic analysis
by Ksinan, Albert J. & Vazsonyi, Alexander T.
- S0047235221000039 When COVID-19 and guns meet: A rise in shootings
by Kim, Dae-Young & Phillips, Scott W.
- S0047235221000040 Stop-and-frisk in New York City: Estimating racial disparities in post-stop outcomes
by Levchak, Philip J.
- S0047235221000052 Public cooperation and the police: Do calls-for-service increase after homicides?
by Brantingham, P. Jeffrey & Uchida, Craig D.
- S0047235221000064 Recidivism and community context: Integrating the environmental backcloth
by Drawve, Grant & McNeeley, Susan
- S0047235221000131 Incarceration exposure and food insecurity during pregnancy: Investigating the moderating role of social support
by Testa, Alexander & Fahmy, Chantal
- S0047235221000143 Still in the shadows: The unresponsiveness of stalking prosecution rates to increased legislative attention
by Bouffard, Leana A. & Bouffard, Jeff A. & Nobles, Matt R. & Askew, LaQuana
- S0047235221000155 The social organization of methamphetamine manufacturing: Roles, identities and persistence
by Copes, Heith & Hochstetler, Andy
- S004723522030249X Gang crackdowns and offender centrality in a countywide co-offending network: A networked evaluation of Operation Triple Beam
by Smith, Thomas Bryan
2021, Volume 72, Issue C
- S0047235220302129 Seattle Police Department and mental health crises: Arrest, emergency detention, and referral to services
by Todd, Therese L. & Chauhan, Preeti
- S0047235220302245 ‘Rhetoric without reality’ or effective policing strategy? An analysis of the relationship between community policing and police fatal force
by Koslicki, Wendy M. & Lytle, Daniel J. & Willits, Dale W. & Brooks, Rachael
- S0047235220302312 Applying the classic rape scenario to robbery: An examination of situational characteristics and reporting victimization to police
by Muniz, Caitlyn N. & Powers, Ráchael A.
- S0047235220302361 Impact of recreational marijuana legalization on crime: Evidence from Oregon
by Wu, Guangzhen & Wen, Ming & Wilson, Fernando A.
- S0047235220302397 Druglords don’t stay at home: COVID-19 pandemic and crime patterns in Mexico City
by Balmori de la Miyar, Jose Roberto & Hoehn-Velasco, Lauren & Silverio-Murillo, Adan
- S0047235220302427 Variants of psychopathy in male and female civil psychiatric patients: Latent profile analyses of the MacArthur violence risk dataset
by Gillespie, Steven M. & Garofalo, Carlo & Centifanti, Luna C.M.