Journal of Criminal Justice
2017, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-11 Sentencing in light of collateral consequences: Does age matter?
by Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager & Chiricos, Ted & Siennick, Sonja E. & Barrick, Kelle & Bales, William
- 12-24 Thinking fast, not slow: How cognitive biases may contribute to racial disparities in the use of force in police-citizen encounters
by Mears, Daniel P. & Craig, Miltonette O. & Stewart, Eric A. & Warren, Patricia Y.
- 25-33 Does offending intensify as exposure to violence aggregates? Reconsidering the effects of repeat victimization, types of exposure to violence, and poly-victimization on property crime, violent offending, and substance use
by Farrell, Chelsea & Zimmerman, Gregory M.
- 34-45 A little early risk goes a long bad way: Adverse childhood experiences and life-course offending in the Cambridge study
by Craig, Jessica M. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria M.
- 46-54 Foster care beyond placement: Offending outcomes in emerging adulthood
by Yang, Jennifer & McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond R.
- 55-65 Childhood predictors of adult psychopathy scores among males followed from age 6 to 33
by Bamvita, Jean-Marie & Larm, Peter & Checknita, Dave & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, Richard E. & Côté, Gilles & Hodgins, Sheilagh
- 66-73 Mediating the bullying victimization–delinquency relationship with anger and cognitive impulsivity: A test of general strain and criminal lifestyle theories
by Walters, Glenn D. & Espelage, Dorothy L.
- 74-82 It's a War Out There: Contextualized Narratives of Violent Acts
by Hochstetler, Andy & Copes, Heith & Cherbonneau, Michael
- 83-91 Clarifying associations between psychopathy facets and personality disorders among offenders
by Klipfel, Kristen M. & Garofalo, Carlo & Kosson, David S.
- 92-101 The developmental and criminal histories of subgroups of sexual murderers engaging, or not engaging, in post mortem sexual interference, compared to rapists
by Higgs, Tamsin & Stefanska, Ewa B. & Carter, Adam J. & Browne, Kevin D.
- 102-109 A field experiment of the impact of body-worn cameras (BWCs) on police officer behavior and perceptions
by Headley, Andrea M. & Guerette, Rob T. & Shariati, Auzeen
- 110-116 Post-experimental follow-ups—Fade-out versus persistence effects: The Rialto police body-worn camera experiment four years on
by Sutherland, Alex & Ariel, Barak & Farrar, William & De Anda, Randy
2017, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-11 Self-efficacy, aspirations, and residential placement outcomes: Why belief in a prosocial self matters
by Cuevas, Celina & Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T.
- 12-21 Are college students really at a higher risk for stalking?: Exploring the generalizability of student samples in victimization research
by Brady, Patrick Q. & Nobles, Matt R. & Bouffard, Leana A.
- 22-33 Disentangling Operationalizations of Persistent Offending
by Whitten, Tyson & McGee, Tara R. & Homel, Ross & Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria
- 34-40 Risky places: An analysis of carjackings in Detroit
by Lersch, Kim Michelle
- 41-48 Examining the role of opportunity in the offense behavior of victim age polymorphic sex offenders
by Stephens, Skye & Reale, Kylie S. & Goodwill, Alasdair M. & Beauregard, Eric
- 49-56 Women in prison: Investigating trajectories of institutional female misconduct
by Reidy, Thomas J. & Cihan, Abdullah & Sorensen, Jon R.
- 57-67 Social support from outside the walls: Examining the role of relationship dynamics among inmates and visitors
by Meyers, Travis J. & Wright, Kevin A. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Tasca, Melinda
- 68-78 Offending patterns for serial sex offenders identified via the DNA testing of previously unsubmitted sexual assault kits
by Lovell, Rachel & Luminais, Misty & Flannery, Daniel J. & Overman, Laura & Huang, Duoduo & Walker, Tiffany & Clark, Dan R.
- 79-89 Delinquency prevention for individual change: Richard Clarke Cabot and the making of the Cambridge-Somerville Youth Study
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Zane, Steven N. & Rocque, Michael
- 90-100 Correctional shorthands: Focal concerns and the decision to administer solitary confinement
by Logan, Matthew W. & Dulisse, Brandon & Peterson, Samuel & Morgan, Mark Alden & Olma, Tayte Marie & Paré, Paul-Philippe
- 101-111 The prevalence of fatal police shootings by U.S. police, 2015–2016: Patterns and answers from a new data set
by Shane, Jon M. & Lawton, Brian & Swenson, Zoë
2017, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-8 Heart rate, serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) genotype, and violence in an incarcerated sample
by Armstrong, Todd A. & Boisvert, Danielle & Flores, Shahida & Symonds, Mary & Gangitano, David
- 9-16 Negative emotionality and aggression in violent offenders: The moderating role of emotion dysregulation
by Garofalo, Carlo & Velotti, Patrizia
- 17-23 Latent profile analysis of psychopathic traits among homicide, general violent, property, and white-collar offenders
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Willmott, Dominic
- 24-33 Third-person perceptions, hostile media effects, and policing: Developing a theoretical framework for assessing the Ferguson effect
by Nix, Justin & Pickett, Justin T.
- 34-58 Race/ethnicity and criminal behavior: Neurohormonal influences
by Ellis, Lee
- 59-66 Community-based and family-focused alternatives to incarceration: A quasi-experimental evaluation of interventions for delinquent youth
by Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager & Winokur Early, Kristin & Kosloski, Anna E.
- 67-73 Computer criminal behavior is related to psychopathy and other antisocial behavior
by Seigfried-Spellar, Kathryn C. & Villacís-Vukadinović, Nicolás & Lynam, Donald R.
- 74-88 New windows into a broken construct: A multilevel factor analysis and DIF assessment of perceived incivilities
by Ward, Jeffrey T. & Link, Nathan W. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 89-92 Comparison of murderers with recidivists and first time incarcerated offenders from U.S. prisons on psychopathy and identity as a criminal: An exploratory analysis
by Sherretts, Nicole & Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Willmott, Dominic
2017, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-11 Myopic decision making: An examination of crime decisions and their outcomes in sexual crimes
by Pedneault, Amelie & Beauregard, Eric & Harris, Danielle A. & Knight, Raymond A.
- 12-18 Analyzing the offending activity of inmates: Trajectories of offense seriousness, escalation, and de-escalation
by Cihan, Abdullah & Sorensen, Jonathan & Chism, Kimberly A.
- 19-28 Using offender crime scene behavior to link stranger sexual assaults: A comparison of three statistical approaches
by Tonkin, M. & Pakkanen, T. & Sirén, J. & Bennell, C. & Woodhams, J. & Burrell, A. & Imre, H. & Winter, J.M. & Lam, E. & ten Brinke, G. & Webb, M. & Labuschagne, G.N. & Ashmore-Hills, L. & van der Kemp, J.J. & Lipponen, S. & Rainbow, L. & Salfati, C.G. & Santtila, P.
- 29-41 Crime is not the only problem: Examining why violence & adverse health outcomes co-vary across large U.S. counties
by Ousey, Graham C.
- 42-52 De-policing and crime in the wake of Ferguson: Racialized changes in the quantity and quality of policing among Missouri police departments
by Shjarback, John A. & Pyrooz, David C. & Wolfe, Scott E. & Decker, Scott H.
- 53-61 When is a murder a sexual murder? Understanding the sexual element in the classification of sexual killings
by Stefanska, Ewa B. & Higgs, Tamsin & Carter, Adam J. & Beech, Anthony R.
- 62-68 Close only counts in alcohol and violence: Controlling violence near late-night alcohol establishments using a routine activities approach
by Burgason, Kyle A. & Drawve, Grant & Brown, Timothy C. & Eassey, John
- 69-77 Age differences in the severity, impact and relative importance of dynamic risk factors for recidivism
by Spruit, Anouk & van der Put, Claudia & Gubbels, Jeanne & Bindels, Anner
- 78-85 Does choice of measure matter? Assessing the similarities and differences among self-control scales
by Jones, Shayne
2017, Volume 49, Issue C
- 1-13 The impact of victim-perpetrator relationship, reputation and initial point of resistance on officers' responsibility and authenticity ratings towards hypothetical rape cases
by Hine, Benjamin & Murphy, Anthony
- 14-21 Trends in rates and characteristics of intimate partner homicides between 1990 and 2013
by Caman, Shilan & Kristiansson, Marianne & Granath, Sven & Sturup, Joakim
- 22-31 It's nature and nurture: Integrating biology and genetics into the social learning theory of criminal behavior
by Fox, Bryanna
- 32-44 Cities and the larger context: What explains changing levels of crime?
by Hipp, John R. & Kane, Kevin
- 45-52 Engaging the CSI effect: The influences of experience-taking, type of evidence, and viewing frequency on juror decision-making
by Hawkins, Ian & Scherr, Kyle
- 53-64 Testing criminological theory through causal mediation analysis: Current status and future directions
by Walters, Glenn D. & Mandracchia, Jon T.
2017, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-8 Unemployment and the specialization of criminal activity: A neighborhood analysis
by Ha, Olivia K. & Andresen, Martin A.
- 9-20 Procedurally just cooperation: Explaining support for due process reforms in policing
by Pickett, Justin T. & Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager
- 21-29 Does the strength of the victim-offender overlap depend on the relationship between the victim and perpetrator?
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Farrell, Chelsea & Posick, Chad
- 30-36 Impulsivity as an etiological factor in sexual homicide
by Healey, Jay & Beauregard, Eric
- 37-47 Can self-control theory explain offending in late adulthood? Evidence from Germany
by Hirtenlehner, Helmut & Kunz, Franziska
- 48-63 It's time: A meta-analysis on the self-control-deviance link
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Mikuška, Jakub & Kelley, Erin L.
2016, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-11 Temporal changes in racial violence, 1980 to 2006: A latent trajectory approach
by Parker, Karen F. & Stansfield, Richard & McCall, Patricia L.
- 12-20 Sensitivity to the Ferguson Effect: The role of managerial organizational justice
by Nix, Justin & Wolfe, Scott E.
- 21-31 Addressing the inconsistencies in fear of crime research: A meta-analytic review
by Collins, Rachael E.
- 32-40 The link between infant neuropsychological risk and childhood antisocial behavior among males: The moderating role of neonatal health risk
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Newsome, Jamie
- 41-50 Escape from violence: What reduces the enduring consequences of adolescent gang affiliation?
by Dong, Beidi & Krohn, Marvin D.
- 51-61 Prevalence and severity of trauma- and stressor-related symptoms among jurors: A review
by Lonergan, Michelle & Leclerc, Marie-Ève & Descamps, Mélanie & Pigeon, Sereena & Brunet, Alain
- 62-73 Sex offending and low self-control: An extension and test of the general theory of crime
by Ha, Olivia Katherine & Beauregard, Eric
- 74-83 The effect of prison visitation on reentry success: A meta-analysis
by Mitchell, Meghan M. & Spooner, Kallee & Jia, Di & Zhang, Yan
- 84-99 The effect of the maturity gap on delinquency and drug use over the life course: A genetically sensitive longitudinal design
by Nedelec, Joseph L. & Park, Insun & Silver, Ian A.
- 100-107 Reflected appraisals and self-view in delinquency development: An analysis of retrospective accounts from members of the Racine birth cohorts
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 108-122 The role of peer delinquency and unstructured socializing in explaining delinquency and substance use: A state-of-the-art review
by Hoeben, Evelien M. & Meldrum, Ryan C. & Walker, D'Andre & Young, Jacob T.N.
- 123-132 High-risk sexual offenders: Towards a new typology
by Kaseweter, Kimberley & Woodworth, Michael & Logan, Matt & Freimuth, Tabatha
- 133-142 The prevalence, predictors, and criminogenic effect of joining a gang among urban, suburban, and rural youth
by Watkins, Adam M. & Taylor, Terrance J.
- 143-150 Development and validation of the super-short form of the Elemental Psychopathy Assessment
by Collison, Katherine L. & Miller, Joshua D. & Gaughan, Eric T. & Widiger, Thomas A. & Lynam, Donald R.
- 151-158 The association between multilingualism and psychopathic personality traits
by Boccio, Cashen M. & Beaver, Kevin M.
2016, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-8 Was there a Ferguson Effect on crime rates in large U.S. cities?
by Pyrooz, David C. & Decker, Scott H. & Wolfe, Scott E. & Shjarback, John A.
- 9-17 Introduction and validation of Psychopathic Personality Traits Scale (PPTS) in a large prison sample
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Dhingra, Katie & DeLisi, Matt
- 18-31 Reoffending among serious juvenile offenders: A developmental perspective
by Ozkan, Turgut
- 32-44 Collective efficacy: How is it conceptualized, how is it measured, and does it really matter for understanding perceived neighborhood crime and disorder?
by Hipp, John R.
- 45-51 Proactive and reactive criminal thinking, psychological inertia, and the crime continuity conundrum
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 52-63 Exploring the impact of ambient population measures on London crime hotspots
by Malleson, Nick & Andresen, Martin A.
- 64-81 Adult-onset offenders: Is a tailored theory warranted?
by Beckley, Amber L. & Caspi, Avshalom & Harrington, Honalee & Houts, Renate M. & Mcgee, Tara Renae & Morgan, Nick & Schroeder, Felix & Ramrakha, Sandhya & Poulton, Richie & Moffitt, Terrie E.
- 82-93 Advancing restrictive deterrence: A qualitative meta-synthesis
by Moeller, Kim & Copes, Heith & Hochstetler, Andy
- 94-105 Examining gendered pathways in the causal chain linking neighborhood navigational strategies and unstructured socializing to adolescent violent offending
by Zimmerman, Gregory M.
- 106-117 Assessing the impact of race on the juvenile waiver decision: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Zane, Steven N. & Welsh, Brandon C. & Drakulich, Kevin M.
- 118-128 Variation in the incarceration length-recidivism dose–response relationship
by Rydberg, Jason & Clark, Kyleigh
- 129-136 Reentry programming for opioid and opiate involved female offenders: Findings from a mixed methods evaluation
by Miller, Holly Ventura & Miller, J. Mitchell & Barnes, J.C.
- 137-147 The significance of race/ethnicity in adolescent violence: A decade of review, 2005–2015
by Rojas-Gaona, Carlos E. & Hong, Jun Sung & Peguero, Anthony A.
- 148-158 Neighborhood disorder and generalized trust: A multilevel mediation examination of social mechanisms
by Intravia, Jonathan & Stewart, Eric A. & Warren, Patricia Y. & Wolff, Kevin T.
- 159-169 Low self-control and the Dark Triad: Disentangling the predictive power of personality traits on young adult substance use, offending and victimization
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Lehmann, Peter S.
- 170-183 Psychopathy and perceptions of procedural justice
by Augustyn, Megan Bears & Ray, James V.
- 184-195 The concordance of self-reported and officially recorded lifetime offending histories: Results from a sample of Australian prisoners
by Payne, Jason L. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 196-206 Unpacking gender and racial/ethnic biases in the federal sentencing of drug offenders: A causal mediation approach
by Ward, Jeffrey T. & Hartley, Richard D. & Tillyer, Rob
- 207-218 Debunking the psychometric properties of the LS\CMI: An application of item response theory with a risk assessment instrument
by Giguère, Guy & Lussier, Patrick
- 219-227 The hazards of premature release: Recidivism outcomes of blended-sentenced juvenile homicide offenders
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Trulson, Chad R.
- 228-238 Changes in inmates' substance use and dependence from pre-incarceration to one year post-release
by Tangney, June P. & Folk, Johanna B. & Graham, David M. & Stuewig, Jeffrey B. & Blalock, Daniel V. & Salatino, Andrew & Blasko, Brandy L. & Moore, Kelly E.
2016, Volume 45, Issue C
- 4-18 Intelligence as a protective factor against offending: A meta-analytic review of prospective longitudinal studies
by Ttofi, Maria M. & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R. & Lösel, Friedrich & DeLisi, Matthew & Murray, Joseph
- 19-25 Examining protective factors against violence among high-risk youth: Findings from the Seattle Social Development Project
by Kim, B.K. Elizabeth & Gilman, Amanda B. & Hill, Karl G. & Hawkins, J. David
- 26-31 Childhood and adolescent risk and protective factors for violence in adulthood
by Dubow, Eric F. & Huesmann, L. Rowell & Boxer, Paul & Smith, Cathy
- 32-40 Protective factors for violence: Results from the Pittsburgh Youth Study
by Jolliffe, Darrick & Farrington, David P. & Loeber, Rolf & Pardini, Dustin
- 41-47 The nature and relevance of risk and protective factors for violence among Hispanic children and adolescents: Results from the Boricua Youth Study
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Gonzalez, Jennifer Reingle & Piquero, Alex R. & Bird, Hector & Canino, Glorisa & Maldonado-Molina, Mildred
- 48-53 An examination of change in dynamic risk of offending over time among serious juvenile offenders
by Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Pitzer, Lindsey & Hawes, Samuel & Piquero, Alex & Cardwell, Stephanie
- 54-62 Compensatory and protective factors against violent delinquency in late adolescence: Results from the Montreal longitudinal and experimental study
by Fontaine, Nathalie M.G. & Brendgen, Mara & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, & Richard E.
- 63-70 Risk, promotive, and protective factors in youth offending: Results from the Cambridge study in delinquent development
by Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria M. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 71-77 Understanding youth violence: The mediating effects of gender, poverty and vulnerability
by McAra, Lesley & McVie, Susan
- 78-84 The role of cumulative risk and protection for violent offending
by Andershed, Anna-Karin & Gibson, Chris L. & Andershed, Henrik
- 85-93 Childhood behavior problems and fighting in early adulthood: What factors are protective?
by Vassallo, Suzanne & Edwards, Ben & Forrest, Walter
- 94-100 Risk factors and risk-based protective factors for violent offending: A study of young Victorians
by Hemphill, Sheryl A. & Heerde, Jessica A. & Scholes-Balog, Kirsty E.
2016, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-12 Critical evaluation of psychopathy measurement (PCL-R and SRP-III/SF) and recommendations for future research
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata
- 13-20 The link between poor quality nutrition and childhood antisocial behavior: A genetically informative analysis
by Jackson, Dylan B.
- 21-29 Bringing the physical environment back into neighborhood research: The utility of RTM for developing an aggregate neighborhood risk of crime measure
by Drawve, Grant & Thomas, Shaun A. & Walker, Jeffery T.
- 30-35 The moderating role of psychopathic traits in the relationship between period of confinement and criminal social identity in a sample of juvenile prisoners
by Boduszek, Daniel & Dhingra, Katie & Debowska, Agata
- 36-48 Assessing the racial aspects of police force using the implicit- and counter-bias perspectives
by Fridell, Lorie & Lim, Hyeyoung
- 49-57 The decline and locational shift of automotive theft: A local level analysis
by Hodgkinson, Tarah & Andresen, Martin A. & Farrell, Graham
- 58-65 Formal controls, neighborhood disadvantage, and violent crime in U.S. cities: Examining (un)intended consequences
by Martin, Allison & Wright, Emily M. & Steiner, Benjamin
- 66-76 An empirical test of self-control theory in Roma adolescents
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Jiskrova, Gabriela Ksinan & Ksinan, Albert J. & Blatný, Marek
- 77-88 The relationship between gender and delinquency: Assessing the mediating role of anticipated guilt
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Manasse, Michelle E. & Agnew, Robert & Van Gundy, Karen T. & Cohn, Ellen S.
- 89-98 Incarceration of a family member during childhood is associated with later heart attack: Findings from two large, population-based studies
by White, Bradley A. & Cordie-Garcia, Lydia & Fuller-Thomson, Esme
2015, Volume 43, Issue 6
- 419-430 A “rough test” of a delinquent coping process model of general strain theory
by Jang, Sung Joon & Song, Juyoung
- 431-443 It's all relative: Concentrated disadvantage within and across neighborhoods and communities, and the consequences for neighborhood crime
by Chamberlain, Alyssa W. & Hipp, John R.
- 444-452 Socially disorganized yet safe: Understanding resilience to crime in neighborhoods in New Zealand
by Breetzke, G.D. & Pearson, A.L.
- 453-463 The effects of binge and problem drinking on problem behavior and adjustment over the life course: Findings from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Rocque, Michael & Farrington, David P.
- 464-469 Genotype and haplotype frequencies of the DRD4 VNTR polymorphism in the men with no history of ADHD, convicted of violent crimes
by Cherepkova, Elena V. & Maksimov, Vladimir N. & Aftanas, Lyubomir I. & Menshanov, Petr N.
- 470-479 Exploring the sanction–crime relationship through a lens of procedural justice
by Augustyn, Megan Bears & Ward, Jeffrey T.
- 480-486 Evaluating the impact of police officer body-worn cameras (BWCs) on response-to-resistance and serious external complaints: Evidence from the Orlando police department (OPD) experience utilizing a randomized controlled experiment
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Lynch, Mathew D. & Fridell, Lorie A.
- 487-497 Assessing the salience of gene–environment interplay in the development of anger, family conflict, and physical violence: A biosocial test of General Strain Theory
by Connolly, Eric J. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 498-509 The influence of inmate visitation on the decision to grant parole: An exploratory study
by Rely Vîlcică, E.
- 510-521 The implications of sentence length for inmate adjustment to prison life
by Toman, Elisa L. & Cochran, Joshua C. & Cochran, John K. & Bales, William D.
- 522-531 The protective impact of immigrant concentration on juvenile recidivism: A statewide analysis of youth offenders
by Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T. & Intravia, Jonathan & Piquero, Alex R.
- 532-543 Is the criminogenic effect of exposure to peer delinquency dependent on the ability to exercise self-control? Results from three countries
by Hirtenlehner, Helmut & Pauwels, Lieven & Mesko, Gorazd
- 544-555 Crime seasonality and the micro-spatial patterns of property crime in Vancouver, BC and Ottawa, ON
by Linning, Shannon J.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 369-376 Early childhood temperament, maternal monitoring, reactive criminal thinking, and the origin(s) of low self-control
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 377-385 The nature and influence of the victim-offender relationship in kidnapping incidents
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Tillyer, Rob & Kelsay, James
- 386-396 Molecular genetic underpinnings of self-control: 5-HTTLPR and self-control in a sample of inmates
by Wells, Jessica & Armstrong, Todd & Boutwell, Brian & Boisvert, Danielle & Flores, Shahida & Symonds, Mary & Gangitano, David
- 397-403 The National Felon League?: A comparison of NFL arrests to general population arrests
by Leal, Wanda & Gertz, Marc & Piquero, Alex R.
- 406-417 From Initial Appearance to Sentencing: Do Female Defendants Experience Disparate Treatment?
by Goulette, Natalie & Wooldredge, John & Frank, James & Travis, Lawrence
- 418-427 Unpacking the relationship between age and prison misconduct
by Valentine, Colby L. & Mears, Daniel P. & Bales, William D.
- 428-436 Assessing the Celerity of Arrest on 3-Year Recidivism Patterns in a Sample of Criminal Defendants
by Zettler, Haley R. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Cardwell, Stephanie M.
- 437-442 Designated as Armed and Dangerous
by Craun, Sarah W. & Detar, Paul J.
- 443-449 Beauchaine ontogenic process model of externalizing psychopathology a biosocial theory of crime and delinquency
by Eme, Robert
2015, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 251-261 Can the causal mechanisms underlying chronic, serious, and violent offending trajectories be elucidated using the psychopathy construct?
by Corrado, Raymond R. & DeLisi, Matt & Hart, Stephen D. & McCuish, Evan C.
- 262-273 Capturing clinical complexity: Towards a personality-oriented measure of psychopathy
by Cooke, David J. & Logan, Caroline
- 274-289 Bringing psychopathy into developmental and life-course criminology theories and research
by Fox, Bryanna H. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Farrington, David P.
- 290-294 Ingredients for Criminality Require Genes, Temperament, and Psychopathic Personality
by DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 295-306 Brain imaging research on psychopathy: Implications for punishment, prediction, and treatment in youth and adults
by Umbach, Rebecca & Berryessa, Colleen M. & Raine, Adrian
- 307-320 Childhood and Adolescent Characteristics of Women with High versus Low Psychopathy Scores: Examining Developmental Precursors to the Malignant Personality Disorder
by Forouzan, Elham & Nicholls, Tonia L.
- 321-326 Psychopathy and violent misconduct in a sample of violent young offenders
by Shaffer, Catherine & McCuish, Evan & Corrado, Raymond R. & Behnken, Monic P. & DeLisi, Matt
- 327-336 A multi-wave cross-lagged regression analysis of the Youth Psychopathic Traits Inventory and Self-Reported Offending
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 337-344 The prevalence of psychopathic personality disturbances among incarcerated youth: Comparing serious, chronic, violent and sex offenders
by Cale, Jesse & Lussier, Patrick & McCuish, Evan & Corrado, Ray
- 345-356 The role of symptoms of psychopathy in persistent violence over the criminal career into full adulthood
by McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond R. & Hart, Stephen D. & DeLisi, Matt
- 357-368 The role of psychopathic traits and developmental risk factors on offending trajectories from early adolescence to adulthood: A prospective study of incarcerated youth
by Corrado, Raymond R. & McCuish, Evan C. & Hart, Stephen D. & DeLisi, Matt
2015, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 175-185 Racial (in)variance in prison rule breaking
by Steiner, Benjamin & Wooldredge, John
- 186-194 Metropolitan local crime clusters: Structural concentration effects and the systemic model
by Johnson, Lallen T. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Groff, Elizabeth R.
- 195-204 On the general relationship between victimization and offending: Examining cultural contingencies
by Posick, Chad & Gould, Laurie A.
- 205-217 Gender and Arrests for Larceny, Fraud, Forgery, and Embezzlement: Conventional or Occupational Property Crime Offenders?
by Steffensmeier, Darrell & Harris, Casey T. & Painter-Davis, Noah
- 218-228 Cost of crime: A systematic review
by Wickramasekera, Nyantara & Wright, Judy & Elsey, Helen & Murray, Jenni & Tubeuf, Sandy
- 229-241 The Relationship between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and Juvenile Offending Trajectories in a Juvenile Offender Sample
by Baglivio, Michael T. & Wolff, Kevin T. & Piquero, Alex R. & Epps, Nathan
- 242-250 Responding to probation and parole violations: Are jail sanctions more effective than community-based graduated sanctions?
by Wodahl, Eric J. & Boman, John H. & Garland, Brett E.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 89-98 Beyond Traditional Interaction: Exploring the functional form of the exposure-offending association across online network size
by McCuddy, Timothy & Vogel, Matt
- 99-107 Offense Pathways of Non-Serial Sexual Killers
by Stefanska, Ewa B. & Carter, Adam J. & Higgs, Tamsin & Bishopp, Daz & Beech, Anthony R.
- 108-121 Criminal stigma, race, and ethnicity: The consequences of imprisonment for employment
by Decker, Scott H. & Ortiz, Natalie & Spohn, Cassia & Hedberg, Eric
- 122-132 Neurobiological Factors as Predictors of Prisoners’ Response to a Cognitive Skills Training
by Cornet, Liza J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Nijman, Henk L.I. & Tollenaar, Nikolaj & de Kogel, Catharina H.
- 133-141 The Importance of Parenting in the Development of Self-Control in Boys and Girls: Results from a Multinational Study of Youth
by Botchkovar, Ekaterina & Marshall, Ineke Haen & Rocque, Michael & Posick, Chad
- 142-151 Heavy drinking ensnares adolescents into crime in early adulthood
by Craig, Jessica M. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 154-163 A shared pathway of antisocial risk: A path model of parent and child effects
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 164-173 Violent victimization, confluence of risks and the nature of criminal behavior: Testing main and interactive effects from Agnew’s extension of General Strain Theory
by Ousey, Graham C. & Wilcox, Pamela & Schreck, Christopher J.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-11 Perceptions of Police Practice, Cynicism of Police Performance, and Persistent Neighborhood Violence: An Intersecting Relationship
by Corsaro, Nicholas & Frank, James & Ozer, Murat
- 12-19 Does substance misuse moderate the relationship between criminal thinking and recidivism?
by Caudy, Michael S. & Folk, Johanna B. & Stuewig, Jeffrey B. & Wooditch, Alese & Martinez, Andres & Maass, Stephanie & Tangney, June P. & Taxman, Faye S.
- 20-28 Local gangs and residents’ perceptions of unsupervised teen groups: Implications for the incivilities thesis and neighborhood effects
by Blasko, Brandy L. & Roman, Caterina Gouvis & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 29-39 The determination of victim credibility by adult and juvenile sexual assault investigators
by Campbell, Bradley A. & Menaker, Tasha A. & King, William R.
- 40-48 The Impact of Gun Ownership Rates on Crime Rates: A Methodological Review of the Evidence
by Kleck, Gary
- 49-56 The impact of low birth weight and maternal age on adulthood offending
by Vaske, Jamie C. & Newsome, Jamie & Boisvert, Danielle L. & Piquero, Alex R. & Paradis, Angela D. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 59-68 Hirschi’s Reconceptualization of Self-Control: Is Truth Truly the Daughter of Time? Evidence from Eleven Cultures
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Huang, Li
- 69-79 It's Official: Predictors of Self-Reported vs. Officially Recorded Arrests
by Pollock, Wendi & Menard, Scott & Elliott, Delbert S. & Huizinga, David H.
- 80-88 Perceptions of and support for sex offender policies: Testing Levenson, Brannon, Fortney, and Baker’s findings
by Koon-Magnin, Sarah
2014, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 433-442 Implementing Intelligence-Led Policing: An Application of Loose-Coupling Theory
by Carter, Jeremy G. & Phillips, Scott W. & Gayadeen, S. Marlon
- 443-451 The influence of strain on law enforcement legitimacy evaluations
by Ferdik, Frank V.
- 452-461 A biosocial analysis of the sources of missing data in criminological research
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 462-470 Causes and correlates of prison inmate misconduct: A systematic review of the evidence
by Steiner, Benjamin & Butler, H. Daniel & Ellison, Jared M.
- 471-482 On the consequences of ignoring genetic influences in criminological research
by Barnes, J.C. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Gibson, Chris L. & Wright, John P.
- 483-490 Criminal epidemiology and the immigrant paradox: Intergenerational discontinuity in violence and antisocial behavior among immigrants
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Maynard, Brandy R. & Qian, Zhengmin & Terzis, Lauren & Kusow, Abdi M. & DeLisi, Matt
- 491-499 The impact of neighborhood crime levels on police use of force: An examination at micro and meso levels
by Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S. & Lim, Hyeyoung
- 500-506 Correctional destabilization and jail violence: The consequences of prison depopulation legislation
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Trulson, Chad R. & Marquart, James W. & Patten, Ryan & Thomas, Matthew O. & Anderson, Sally
- 507-516 Sex industry exposure over the life course on the onset and frequency of sex offending
by Mancini, Christina & Reckdenwald, Amy & Beauregard, Eric & Levenson, Jill S.
- 517-526 Do the adult criminal careers of African Americans fit the “facts”?
by Doherty, Elaine Eggleston & Ensminger, Margaret E.
- 527-537 Dissecting the relationship between mental illness and return to incarceration
by Wilson, James A. & Wood, Peter B.
- 538-548 General strain theory, exposure to violence, and suicide ideation among police officers: A gendered approach
by Bishopp, Stephen A. & Boots, Denise Paquette
- 549-556 Cops and cameras: Officer perceptions of the use of body-worn cameras in law enforcement
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Fridell, Lorie A. & Lynch, Mathew D.
- 557-567 Assessing stereotypes of adolescent rape
by Williams, Monica & McCarthy, Bill
- 568-578 In the eye of the beholder? An examination of the inter-rater reliability of the LSI-R and YLS/CMI in a correctional agency
by Rocque, Michael & Plummer-Beale, Judy
- 579-588 Revisiting broken windows theory: A test of the mediation impact of social mechanisms on the disorder–fear relationship
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Brunson, Rod K.
- 589-597 The Effects of Suspect Characteristics on Arrest: A Meta-Analysis
by Lytle, Daniel J.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 375-383 Sexual crime and place: The impact of the environmental context on sexual assault outcomes
by Hewitt, Ashley & Beauregard, Eric
- 384-398 A Critical Examination of the “White Victim Effect” and Death Penalty Decision-Making from a Propensity Score Matching Approach: The North Carolina Experience
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Richards, Tara N. & Dwayne Smith, M. & Bjerregaard, Beth & Fogel, Sondra J.
- 399-407 The association between psychopathic personality traits and health-related outcomes
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Nedelec, Joseph L. & da Silva Costa, Christian & Poersch, Ana Paula & Stelmach, Mônica Celis & Freddi, Micheli Cristina & Gajos, Jamie M. & Boccio, Cashen
- 408-420 The persistence of early childhood physical aggression: Examining maternal delinquency and offending, mental health, and cultural differences
by Tzoumakis, Stacy & Lussier, Patrick & Corrado, Raymond R.
- 421-430 Neighborhood factors related to the likelihood of successful informal social control efforts
by Warner, Barbara D.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 309-320 Relational demography and officer occupational attitudes: The influence of workgroup context
by Ingram, Jason R. & Terrill, William
- 321-326 Pathways to early delinquency: Exploring the individual and collective contributions of difficult temperament, low maternal involvement, and externalizing behavior
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 327-337 Fugitives in the United States
by Bierie, David M.
- 338-346 Catching the Really Bad Guys: An Assessment of the Efficacy of the U.S. Criminal Justice System
by Barnes, J.C.
- 347-355 The Impact of Self Control and Neighborhood Disorder on Bullying Victimization
by Holt, Thomas J. & Turner, Michael G. & Lyn Exum, M.
- 356-365 Stability of self-control and gender
by Jo, Youngoh & Bouffard, Leana
- 366-373 Human but not social capital is better able to distinguish between offending trajectories in a sample of serious adolescent Hispanic offenders
by Piquero, Alex R. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Schubert, Carol A.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 85-94 Adolescent self-image as a mediator between childhood maltreatment and adult sexual offending
by Reckdenwald, Amy & Mancini, Christina & Beauregard, Eric
- 95-103 Linking early ADHD to adolescent and early adult outcomes among African Americans
by Behnken, Monic P. & Abraham, W. Todd & Cutrona, Carolyn E. & Russell, Daniel W. & Simons, Ronald L. & Gibbons, Frederick X.
- 111-122 Community re-entry and the path toward desistance: A quasi-experimental longitudinal study of dynamic factors and community risk management of adult sex offenders
by Lussier, Patrick & Gress, Carmen L.Z.