Journal of Criminal Justice
2015, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 89-98 Beyond Traditional Interaction: Exploring the functional form of the exposure-offending association across online network size
by McCuddy, Timothy & Vogel, Matt
- 99-107 Offense Pathways of Non-Serial Sexual Killers
by Stefanska, Ewa B. & Carter, Adam J. & Higgs, Tamsin & Bishopp, Daz & Beech, Anthony R.
- 108-121 Criminal stigma, race, and ethnicity: The consequences of imprisonment for employment
by Decker, Scott H. & Ortiz, Natalie & Spohn, Cassia & Hedberg, Eric
- 122-132 Neurobiological Factors as Predictors of Prisoners’ Response to a Cognitive Skills Training
by Cornet, Liza J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Nijman, Henk L.I. & Tollenaar, Nikolaj & de Kogel, Catharina H.
- 133-141 The Importance of Parenting in the Development of Self-Control in Boys and Girls: Results from a Multinational Study of Youth
by Botchkovar, Ekaterina & Marshall, Ineke Haen & Rocque, Michael & Posick, Chad
- 142-151 Heavy drinking ensnares adolescents into crime in early adulthood
by Craig, Jessica M. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 154-163 A shared pathway of antisocial risk: A path model of parent and child effects
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 164-173 Violent victimization, confluence of risks and the nature of criminal behavior: Testing main and interactive effects from Agnew’s extension of General Strain Theory
by Ousey, Graham C. & Wilcox, Pamela & Schreck, Christopher J.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-11 Perceptions of Police Practice, Cynicism of Police Performance, and Persistent Neighborhood Violence: An Intersecting Relationship
by Corsaro, Nicholas & Frank, James & Ozer, Murat
- 12-19 Does substance misuse moderate the relationship between criminal thinking and recidivism?
by Caudy, Michael S. & Folk, Johanna B. & Stuewig, Jeffrey B. & Wooditch, Alese & Martinez, Andres & Maass, Stephanie & Tangney, June P. & Taxman, Faye S.
- 20-28 Local gangs and residents’ perceptions of unsupervised teen groups: Implications for the incivilities thesis and neighborhood effects
by Blasko, Brandy L. & Roman, Caterina Gouvis & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 29-39 The determination of victim credibility by adult and juvenile sexual assault investigators
by Campbell, Bradley A. & Menaker, Tasha A. & King, William R.
- 40-48 The Impact of Gun Ownership Rates on Crime Rates: A Methodological Review of the Evidence
by Kleck, Gary
- 49-56 The impact of low birth weight and maternal age on adulthood offending
by Vaske, Jamie C. & Newsome, Jamie & Boisvert, Danielle L. & Piquero, Alex R. & Paradis, Angela D. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 59-68 Hirschi’s Reconceptualization of Self-Control: Is Truth Truly the Daughter of Time? Evidence from Eleven Cultures
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Huang, Li
- 69-79 It's Official: Predictors of Self-Reported vs. Officially Recorded Arrests
by Pollock, Wendi & Menard, Scott & Elliott, Delbert S. & Huizinga, David H.
- 80-88 Perceptions of and support for sex offender policies: Testing Levenson, Brannon, Fortney, and Baker’s findings
by Koon-Magnin, Sarah
2014, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 433-442 Implementing Intelligence-Led Policing: An Application of Loose-Coupling Theory
by Carter, Jeremy G. & Phillips, Scott W. & Gayadeen, S. Marlon
- 443-451 The influence of strain on law enforcement legitimacy evaluations
by Ferdik, Frank V.
- 452-461 A biosocial analysis of the sources of missing data in criminological research
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 462-470 Causes and correlates of prison inmate misconduct: A systematic review of the evidence
by Steiner, Benjamin & Butler, H. Daniel & Ellison, Jared M.
- 471-482 On the consequences of ignoring genetic influences in criminological research
by Barnes, J.C. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Gibson, Chris L. & Wright, John P.
- 483-490 Criminal epidemiology and the immigrant paradox: Intergenerational discontinuity in violence and antisocial behavior among immigrants
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Maynard, Brandy R. & Qian, Zhengmin & Terzis, Lauren & Kusow, Abdi M. & DeLisi, Matt
- 491-499 The impact of neighborhood crime levels on police use of force: An examination at micro and meso levels
by Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S. & Lim, Hyeyoung
- 500-506 Correctional destabilization and jail violence: The consequences of prison depopulation legislation
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Trulson, Chad R. & Marquart, James W. & Patten, Ryan & Thomas, Matthew O. & Anderson, Sally
- 507-516 Sex industry exposure over the life course on the onset and frequency of sex offending
by Mancini, Christina & Reckdenwald, Amy & Beauregard, Eric & Levenson, Jill S.
- 517-526 Do the adult criminal careers of African Americans fit the “facts”?
by Doherty, Elaine Eggleston & Ensminger, Margaret E.
- 527-537 Dissecting the relationship between mental illness and return to incarceration
by Wilson, James A. & Wood, Peter B.
- 538-548 General strain theory, exposure to violence, and suicide ideation among police officers: A gendered approach
by Bishopp, Stephen A. & Boots, Denise Paquette
- 549-556 Cops and cameras: Officer perceptions of the use of body-worn cameras in law enforcement
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Fridell, Lorie A. & Lynch, Mathew D.
- 557-567 Assessing stereotypes of adolescent rape
by Williams, Monica & McCarthy, Bill
- 568-578 In the eye of the beholder? An examination of the inter-rater reliability of the LSI-R and YLS/CMI in a correctional agency
by Rocque, Michael & Plummer-Beale, Judy
- 579-588 Revisiting broken windows theory: A test of the mediation impact of social mechanisms on the disorder–fear relationship
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Brunson, Rod K.
- 589-597 The Effects of Suspect Characteristics on Arrest: A Meta-Analysis
by Lytle, Daniel J.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 375-383 Sexual crime and place: The impact of the environmental context on sexual assault outcomes
by Hewitt, Ashley & Beauregard, Eric
- 384-398 A Critical Examination of the “White Victim Effect” and Death Penalty Decision-Making from a Propensity Score Matching Approach: The North Carolina Experience
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Richards, Tara N. & Dwayne Smith, M. & Bjerregaard, Beth & Fogel, Sondra J.
- 399-407 The association between psychopathic personality traits and health-related outcomes
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Nedelec, Joseph L. & da Silva Costa, Christian & Poersch, Ana Paula & Stelmach, Mônica Celis & Freddi, Micheli Cristina & Gajos, Jamie M. & Boccio, Cashen
- 408-420 The persistence of early childhood physical aggression: Examining maternal delinquency and offending, mental health, and cultural differences
by Tzoumakis, Stacy & Lussier, Patrick & Corrado, Raymond R.
- 421-430 Neighborhood factors related to the likelihood of successful informal social control efforts
by Warner, Barbara D.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 309-320 Relational demography and officer occupational attitudes: The influence of workgroup context
by Ingram, Jason R. & Terrill, William
- 321-326 Pathways to early delinquency: Exploring the individual and collective contributions of difficult temperament, low maternal involvement, and externalizing behavior
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 327-337 Fugitives in the United States
by Bierie, David M.
- 338-346 Catching the Really Bad Guys: An Assessment of the Efficacy of the U.S. Criminal Justice System
by Barnes, J.C.
- 347-355 The Impact of Self Control and Neighborhood Disorder on Bullying Victimization
by Holt, Thomas J. & Turner, Michael G. & Lyn Exum, M.
- 356-365 Stability of self-control and gender
by Jo, Youngoh & Bouffard, Leana
- 366-373 Human but not social capital is better able to distinguish between offending trajectories in a sample of serious adolescent Hispanic offenders
by Piquero, Alex R. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Schubert, Carol A.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 85-94 Adolescent self-image as a mediator between childhood maltreatment and adult sexual offending
by Reckdenwald, Amy & Mancini, Christina & Beauregard, Eric
- 95-103 Linking early ADHD to adolescent and early adult outcomes among African Americans
by Behnken, Monic P. & Abraham, W. Todd & Cutrona, Carolyn E. & Russell, Daniel W. & Simons, Ronald L. & Gibbons, Frederick X.
- 111-122 Community re-entry and the path toward desistance: A quasi-experimental longitudinal study of dynamic factors and community risk management of adult sex offenders
by Lussier, Patrick & Gress, Carmen L.Z.
- 123-133 Consistency in crime site selection: An investigation of crime sites used by serial sex offenders across crime series
by Deslauriers-Varin, Nadine & Beauregard, Eric
- 134-144 The Successful Onset of Sex Offending: Determining the Correlates of Actual and Official Onset of Sex Offending
by Mathesius, Jeffrey & Lussier, Patrick
- 145-152 The juvenile sex offender: The effect of employment on offending
by van den Berg, Chantal & Bijleveld, Catrien & Hendriks, Jan & Mooi-Reci, Irma
- 153-163 The adolescence-adulthood transition and Robins’s continuity paradox: Criminal career patterns of juvenile and adult sex offenders in a prospective longitudinal birth cohort study
by Lussier, Patrick & Blokland, Arjan
- 164-172 The long term recidivism risk of young sexual offenders in England and Wales– enduring risk or redemption?
by Hargreaves, Claire & Francis, Brian
- 173-183 Community characteristics and child sexual assault: Social disorganization and age
by Mustaine, Elizabeth Ehrhardt & Tewksbury, Richard & Huff-Corzine, Lin & Corzine, Jay & Marshall, Hollianne
- 184-192 Considering specialization/versatility as an unintended collateral consequence of SORN
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Zgoba, Kristen M. & Donner, Christopher M. & Henderson, Brandy B. & Tewksbury, Richard
- 193-202 To what extent does civil commitment reduce sexual recidivism? Estimating the selective incapacitation effects in Minnesota
by Duwe, Grant
- 203-212 Employing mixed methods to explore motivational patterns of repeat sex offenders
by Reid, Joan A. & Beauregard, Eric & Fedina, Karla M. & Frith, Emily N.
- 213-220 No body, no crime? The role of forensic awareness in avoiding police detection in cases of sexual homicide
by Beauregard, Eric & Martineau, Melissa
- 221-232 Notes on a (sex crime) scandal: The impact of media coverage of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church on public opinion
by Mancini, Christina & Shields, Ryan T.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-9 False positive and false negative rates in self-reported intentions to offend: A replication and extension
by Exum, M. Lyn & Bailey, Diana & Wright, Eric L.
- 10-25 Foundation for a temperament-based theory of antisocial behavior and criminal justice system involvement
by DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 26-35 A New Look into Broken Windows: What Shapes Individuals’ Perceptions of Social Disorder?
by Hinkle, Joshua C. & Yang, Sue-Ming
- 36-44 Formal and informal control views in China, Japan, and the U.S
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Liu, Jianhong & Saito, Toyoji
- 45-53 Genetic and environmental influences on the co-occurrence of early academic achievement and externalizing behavior
by Newsome, Jamie & Boisvert, Danielle & Wright, John Paul
- 54-65 Do school disciplinary policies have positive social impacts? Examining the attenuating effects of school policies on the relationship between personal and peer delinquency
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Rees, Carter
- 66-76 Psychopathic traits and offending trajectories from early adolescence to adulthood
by McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond & Lussier, Patrick & Hart, Stephen D.
- 77-84 Inked into Crime? An Examination of the Causal Relationship between Tattoos and Life-Course Offending among Males from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Fox, Bryanna Hahn & Farrington, David P.
2013, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 365-374 Exploring the Variation in Drug Selling Among Adolescents in the United States
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P.
- 375-385 The relationship between injustice and crime: A general strain theory approach
by Scheuerman, Heather L.
- 386-394 Reconciling questions about dichotomizing variables in criminal justice research
by Iselin, Anne-Marie R. & Gallucci, Marcello & DeCoster, Jamie
- 395-406 Similarities and differences between perceptions of peer delinquency, peer self-reported delinquency, and respondent delinquency: An analysis of friendship dyads
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Boman, John H.
- 407-413 In and out of prison: Do importation factors predict all forms of misconduct or just the more serious ones?
by Walters, Glenn D. & Crawford, Gregory
- 416-425 Do drug courts reduce the use of incarceration?: A meta-analysis
by Sevigny, Eric L. & Fuleihan, Brian K. & Ferdik, Frank V.
- 426-437 Gender as social threat: A study of offender sex, situational factors, gender dynamics and social control
by Bontrager Ryon, Stephanie
- 438-447 Rational choice beyond the classroom: Decision making in offenders versus college students
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Exum, M. Lyn
- 448-451 Preventing Crime is Hard Work: Early Intervention, Developmental Criminology, and the Enduring Legacy of James Q. Wilson
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Farrington, David P.
- 452-457 Dark Knights Rising: The Aurora Theater and Newtown School Massacres and Shareholder Wealth
by Cross, Benjamin W. & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 458-466 How well do dynamic needs predict recidivism? Implications for risk assessment and risk reduction
by Caudy, Michael S. & Durso, Joseph M. & Taxman, Faye S.
- 467-476 A national population based examination of the association between age-versatility trajectories and recidivism rates
by Yonai, Shachar & Levine, Stephen Z. & Glicksohn, Joseph
2013, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 277-284 The genetic and environmental overlap between aggressive and non-aggressive antisocial behavior in children and adolescents using the self-report delinquency interview (SR-DI)
by Wang, Pan & Niv, Sharon & Tuvblad, Catherine & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 285-291 Aggression and rule-breaking: Heritability and stability of antisocial behavior problems in childhood and adolescence
by Niv, Sharon & Tuvblad, Catherine & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 292-299 Biological protective factors for antisocial and criminal behavior
by Portnoy, Jill & Chen, Frances R. & Raine, Adrian
- 300-308 Genetic and environmental contributions to stability and change in levels of self-control
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Connolly, Eric J. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Al-Ghamdi, Mohammed Said & Kobeisy, Ahmed Nezar
- 309-317 Evidence for a heritable brain basis to deviance-promoting deficits in self-control
by Yancey, James R. & Venables, Noah C. & Hicks, Brian M. & Patrick, Christopher J.
- 318-323 Teenage childbirth and young adult criminal convictions: A quasi-experimental study of criminal outcomes for teenage mothers
by Coyne, Claire A. & Fontaine, Nathalie M.G. & Långström, Niklas & Lichtenstein, Paul & D’Onofrio, Brian M.
- 324-330 Do peer group norms moderate the expression of genetic risk for aggression?
by Brendgen, Mara & Girard, Alain & Vitaro, Frank & Dionne, Ginette & Boivin, Michel
- 331-341 Psychopathic Personality and Negative Parent-to-Child Affect: A Longitudinal Cross-lag Twin Study
by Tuvblad, Catherine & Bezdjian, Serena & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 342-349 Psychopathic personality and utilitarian moral judgment in college students
by Gao, Yu & Tang, Simone
- 350-356 Genetic risk factors correlate with county-level violent crime rates and collective disadvantage
by Barnes, J.C. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 357-363 Stressful life events and adolescent drug use: Moderating influences of the MAOA gene
by Stogner, John M. & Gibson, Chris L.
2013, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 205-212 The effectiveness of public defenders in four Florida counties
by Williams, Marian R.
- 213-219 Does resting heart rate at age 18 distinguish general and violent offending up to age 50? Findings from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 220-227 Unemployment, business cycles, crime, and the Canadian provinces
by Andresen, Martin A.
- 228-242 Keeping promises: A systematic review and a new classification of gang control strategies
by Gravel, Jason & Bouchard, Martin & Descormiers, Karine & Wong, Jennifer S. & Morselli, Carlo
- 243-251 The influence of neuropsychological deficits in early childhood on low self-control and misconduct through early adolescence
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 252-261 Social isolation and inmate behavior: A conceptual framework for theorizing prison visitation and guiding and assessing research
by Cochran, Joshua C. & Mears, Daniel P.
- 262-272 Genetic and environmental influences underlying the relationship between low self-control and substance use
by Boisvert, Danielle & Boutwell, Brian B. & Barnes, J.C. & Vaske, Jamie
2013, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 141-150 Personal factors and substance abuse treatment program retention among felony probationers: Theoretical relevance of initial vs. shifting scores on impulsivity/low self-control
by Taylor, Liana & Hiller, Matthew & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 151-161 Perceptions of prosocial and delinquent peer behavior and the effect on delinquent attitudes: A longitudinal study
by Carson, Dena C.
- 162-171 Adolescent parties and substance use: A situational approach to peer influence
by Gallupe, Owen & Bouchard, Martin
- 172-177 Adult onset offending in a Swedish female birth cohort
by Andersson, Frida & Torstensson Levander, Marie
- 178-187 Need drugs, will travel?: The distances to crime of illegal drug buyers
by Johnson, Lallen T. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Ratcliffe, Jerry H.
- 188-195 Two dopamine receptor genes (DRD2 and DRD4) predict psychopathic personality traits in a sample of American adults
by Wu, Tong & Barnes, J.C.
- 196-204 The effect of prison-based college education programs on recidivism: Propensity Score Matching approach
by Kim, Ryang Hui & Clark, David
2013, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 61-63 Introduction to the special issue: Psychology of crime
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 64-71 Community-based alternatives for justice-involved individuals with severe mental illness: Diversion, problem-solving courts, and reentry
by DeMatteo, David & LaDuke, Casey & Locklair, Benjamin R. & Heilbrun, Kirk
- 72-80 Individual-level interventions for alcohol-related violence: Expanding targets for inclusion in treatment programs
by McMurran, Mary
- 81-89 An exploration of the association between criminal thinking and community program attrition
by Mitchell, Damon & Tafrate, Raymond Chip & Hogan, Tom & Olver, Mark E.
- 90-99 Is a separate diagnostic category defensible for paraphilic coercion?
by Knight, Raymond A. & Sims-Knight, Judith & Guay, Jean-Pierre
- 100-107 Disentangling the relationship between delinquency and hyperactivity, low achievement, depression, and low socioeconomic status: Analysis of repeated longitudinal data
by Defoe, Ivy N. & Farrington, David P. & Loeber, Rolf
- 108-114 Evaluating the positive and negative benefits of crime: Development and validation of the Decisional Balance Scale for Adolescent Offenders (DBS-AO)
by Jordan, Mandy J. & Rogers, Richard & Neumann, Craig S. & Norlander, Bradley
- 115-124 Dynamic risk assessment: A validation study
by Morgan, Robert D. & Kroner, Daryl G. & Mills, Jeremy F. & Serna, Catherine & McDonald, Brendan
- 125-134 Using the Psychopathic Personality Inventory to identify subtypes of antisocial personality disorder
by Cox, Jennifer & Edens, John F. & Magyar, Melissa S. & Lilienfeld, Scott O. & Douglas, Kevin S. & Poythress, Norman G.
- 135-140 Antisocial cognition and crime continuity: Cognitive mediation of the past crime-future crime relationship
by Walters, Glenn D. & DeLisi, Matt
2013, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-11 Fear of crime, incivilities, and collective efficacy in four Miami neighborhoods
by Swatt, Marc L. & Varano, Sean P. & Uchida, Craig D. & Solomon, Shellie E.
- 12-17 Early starters: Which type of criminal onset matters most for delinquent careers?
by DeLisi, Matt & Neppl, Tricia K. & Lohman, Brenda J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 18-23 Discouraging window breakers: The lagged effects of police activity on crime
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Getty, Ryan & Smith, Rick & Patten, Ryan & Trulson, Chad R.
- 24-32 Maternal versus adolescent reports of self-control: Implications for testing the general theory of crime
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Burt, Callie Harbin & Piquero, Alex R.
- 33-43 Attempting to reduce firearms violence through a Comprehensive Anti-Gang Initiative (CAGI): An evaluation of process and impact
by McGarrell, Edmund F. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Melde, Chris & Hipple, Natalie K. & Bynum, Timothy & Cobbina, Jennifer
- 44-52 Childhood broken homes and adult violence: An analysis of moderators and mediators
by Theobald, Delphine & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 53-59 Bullying victimization and adolescent mental health: General and typological effects across sex
by Turner, Michael G. & Exum, M. Lyn & Brame, Robert & Holt, Thomas J.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 441-451 Reporting violence to the police: Predictors through the life course
by Bosick, Stacey J. & Rennison, Callie Marie & Gover, Angela R. & Dodge, Mary
- 452-462 Changes in self-control during adolescence: Investigating the influence of the adolescent peer network
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Weerman, Frank M.
- 463-471 Can a perceptual peer deviance measure accurately measure a peer's self-reported deviance?
by Boman, John H. & Ward, Jeffrey T. & Gibson, Chris L. & Leite, Walter L.
- 472-489 On the number and shape of developmental/life-course violence, aggression, and delinquency trajectories: A state-of-the-art review
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Reingle, Jennifer M.
- 490-501 The causal relationship between gang joining and violent victimization: A critical review and directions for future research
by Gibson, Chris L. & Swatt, Marc L. & Miller, J. Mitchell & Jennings, Wesley G. & Gover, Angela R.
- 502-514 Not by accident: An analytical approach to traffic crash harm reduction
by Corsaro, Nicholas & Gerard, Daniel W. & Engel, Robin S. & Eck, John E.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 269-277 Child and adolescent psychopathy: A state-of-the-art reflection on the construct and etiological theories
by Ribeiro da Silva, Diana & Rijo, Daniel & Salekin, Randall T.
- 278-284 Toward a typology of sexual burglary: Latent class findings
by Pedneault, Amélie & Harris, Danielle A. & Knight, Raymond A.
- 285-295 Racial differences in speeding patterns: Exploring the differential offending hypothesis
by Tillyer, Rob & Engel, Robin S.
- 296-305 The impact of culture on acceptance of soft drugs across Europe
by Cao, Liqun & Zhao, Ruohui
- 306-312 Biosocial criminology and modern crime prevention
by Rocque, Michael & Welsh, Brandon C. & Raine, Adrian
- 313-322 The stability of risk-seeking from adolescence to emerging adulthood
by Vaske, Jamie & Ward, Jeffrey T. & Boisvert, Danielle & Wright, John Paul
- 323-332 The Residual Career Patterns of Police Misconduct
by Harris, Christopher J.
- 333-343 Examining macro-level impacts on procedural justice and police legitimacy
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Stewart, Eric A. & Brunson, Rod K.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 165-173 Toward a criminal justice epidemiology: Behavioral and physical health of probationers and parolees in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Perron, Brian E. & Abdon, Arnelyn
- 176-186 General strain and non-strain theories: A study of crime in emerging adulthood
by Jang, Sung Joon & Rhodes, Jeremy R.
- 187-193 Can general strain theory be used to explain recidivism among registered sex offenders?
by Ackerman, Alissa R. & Sacks, Meghan
- 194-201 Does prison strain lead to prison misbehavior? An application of general strain theory to inmate misconduct
by Morris, Robert G. & Carriaga, Michael L. & Diamond, Brie & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Piquero, Alex R.
- 202-211 Childhood adversity and substance use of women prisoners: A general strain theory approach
by Sharp, Susan F. & Peck, B. Mitchell & Hartsfield, Jennifer
- 212-220 Foster youth and crime: Employing general strain theory to promote understanding
by Barn, Ravinder & Tan, Jo-Pei
- 221-229 The strains of maternal imprisonment: Importation and deprivation stressors for women and children
by Foster, Holly
- 230-237 Perceived injustice and delinquency: A test of general strain theory
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Manasse, Michelle E. & Van Gundy, Karen T. & Cohn, Ellen S.
- 238-248 An uneven playing field: The impact of strain and coping skills on treatment outcomes for juvenile offenders
by Sealock, Miriam D. & Manasse, Michelle
- 249-258 The influence of occupational strain on organizational commitment among police: A general strain theory approach
by Moon, Melissa M. & Jonson, Cheryl Lero
- 259-267 Dealing with the fall-Out: Identifying and addressing the role that relationship strain plays in the lives of girls in the juvenile justice system
by Garcia, Crystal A. & Lane, Jodi
2012, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 103-116 Nature and consequences of dismissals: Implications for public safety and crime prevention in criminal courts in America
by Vîlcică, E. Rely
- 117-127 A comparative analysis of general strain theory
by Sigfusdottir, Inga Dora & Kristjansson, Alfgeir Logi & Agnew, Robert
- 128-133 Science, politics, and crime prevention: Toward a new crime policy
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Farrington, David P.
- 134-141 Fear of crime and vulnerability: Using a national sample of Americans to examine two competing paradigms
by Rader, Nicole E. & Cossman, Jeralynn S. & Porter, Jeremy R.
- 142-151 Testing the relative importance of contemporaneous offenses: The impacts of fear of sexual assault versus fear of physical harm among men and women
by Cook, Carrie L. & Fox, Kathleen A.
- 152-163 Social disorganization, Latinos and juvenile crime in the Texas borderlands
by Allen, Jonathan & Cancino, Jeffrey M.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 463-470 Community-level impacts of temperature on urban street robbery
by Sorg, Evan T. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 471-478 Marked for Death: An Empirical Criminal Careers Analysis of Death Sentences in a Sample of Convicted Male Homicide Offenders
by Behnken, Monic P. & Caudill, Jonathan W. & Berg, Mark T. & Trulson, Chad R. & DeLisi, Matt
- 479-488 Naturally Occurring Social Support in Interventions for Former Prisoners with Substance Use Disorders: Conceptual Framework and Program Model
by Pettus-Davis, Carrie & Howard, Matthew Owen & Roberts-Lewis, Amelia & Scheyett, Anna M.
- 489-498 The Convergent and Discriminant Validity of Procedural Justice and Police Legitimacy: An Empirical Test of Core Theoretical Propositions
by Gau, Jacinta M.
- 499-508 Testing Social Support Theory: A Multilevel Analysis of Recidivism
by Orrick, Erin A. & Worrall, John L. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Bales, William D. & Wang, Xia
- 509-520 Evidence on the Effectiveness of Juvenile Court Sanctions
by Mears, Daniel P. & Cochran, Joshua C. & Greenman, Sarah J. & Bhati, Avinash S. & Greenwald, Mark A.
- 521-530 Does the measurement of peer deviance change the relationship between self-control and deviant behavior? An analysis of friendship pairs
by Boman, John H. & Gibson, Chris L.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 5
- 367-377 Assessing the interaction between offender and victim criminal lifestyles & homicide type
by Pizarro, Jesenia M. & Zgoba, Kristen M. & Jennings, Wesley G.
- 378-384 Evidence of a gene × environment interaction between perceived prejudice and MAOA genotype in the prediction of criminal arrests
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 385-393 Reintegration or stigmatization? Offenders’ expectations of community re-entry
by Benson, Michael L. & Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Burton, Velmer S. & Cullen, Francis T.
- 394-404 Estimating the probability of local crime clusters: The impact of immediate spatial neighbors
by Andresen, Martin A.
- 405-416 Parenthood and crime: The role of wantedness, relationships with partners, and ses
by Giordano, Peggy C. & Seffrin, Patrick M. & Manning, Wendy D. & Longmore, Monica A.
- 417-425 Motives and methods for leaving the gang: Understanding the process of gang desistance
by Pyrooz, David C. & Decker, Scott H.
- 426-432 The genetic origins of psychopathic personality traits in adult males and females: Results from an adoption-based study
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Rowland, Meghan W. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Nedelec, Joseph L.
- 433-444 Patterns of criminal achievement in sexual offending: Unravelling the “successful” sex offender
by Lussier, Patrick & Bouchard, Martin & Beauregard, Eric
- 445-451 The reliability of police employee counts: Comparing FBI and ICMA data, 1954–2008
by King, William R. & Cihan, Abdullah & Heinonen, Justin A.
- 452-459 Social ecology, individual risk, and recidivism: A multilevel examination of main and moderating influences
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Vose, Brenda
2011, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 289-301 New frontiers in criminal careers research, 2000-2011: A state-of-the-art review
by DeLisi, Matt & Piquero, Alex R.
- 302-311 Life domains and crime: A test of Agnew's general theory of crime and delinquency
by Ngo, Fawn T. & Paternoster, Raymond & Cullen, Francis T. & Mackenzie, Doris Layton
- 312-319 The effect of perceived risk and victimization on plans to purchase a gun for self-protection
by Kleck, Gary & Kovandzic, Tomislav & Saber, Mark & Hauser, Will
- 320-328 What works (or doesn't) in a DUI court? An example of expedited case processing
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Bouffard, Leana A.
- 329-337 Personality, antisocial behavior, and aggression: A meta-analytic review
by Jones, Shayne E. & Miller, Joshua D. & Lynam, Donald R.
- 338-343 Sustaining families, dissuading crime: The effectiveness of a family preservation program with male delinquents
by Diamond, Brie & Morris, Robert G. & Caudill, Jonathan W.
- 344-354 Population heterogeneity, state dependence and sexual offender recidivism: The aging process and the lost predictive impact of prior criminal charges over time
by Amirault, Joanna & Lussier, Patrick
- 355-365 Incarceration, education and transition from delinquency
by Blomberg, Thomas G. & Bales, William D. & Mann, Karen & Piquero, Alex R. & Berk, Richard A.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 205-206 Addiction and criminal justice: Empirical findings and theory for advancing public safety and health
by Vaughn, Michael
- 207-211 Multivariate comparison of male and female adolescent substance abusers with accompanying legal problems
by Tarter, Ralph E. & Kirisci, Levent & Mezzich, Ada & Patton, David
- 212-217 Characteristics of abstainers from substance use and antisocial behavior in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Fu, Qiang & Wernet, Stephen J. & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Perron, Brian E. & Howard, Matthew O.
- 218-223 Marijuana but not alcohol use during adolescence mediates the association between transmissible risk for substance use disorder and number of lifetime violent offenses
by Reynolds, Maureen D. & Tarter, Ralph E. & Kirisci, Levent & Clark, Duncan B.
- 224-231 An empirical portrait of youthful offenders who sell drugs
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael & Goodkind, Sara & Johnson, Heath
- 232-237 Examining the relationship among substance abuse, negative emotionality and impulsivity across subtypes of antisocial and psychopathic substance abusers
by Magyar, Melissa S. & Edens, John F. & Lilienfeld, Scott O. & Douglas, Kevin S. & Poythress Jr., Norman G.
- 238-245 Predictors of suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and self-harm without lethal intent in a community corrections sample
by Gunter, Tracy D. & Chibnall, John T. & Antoniak, Sandra K. & Philibert, Robert A. & Hollenbeck, Nancy
- 246-252 Substance abuse treatment for juvenile offenders: A review of quasi-experimental and experimental research
by Tripodi, Stephen J. & Bender, Kimberly
- 253-260 Targeting dispositions for drug-involved offenders: A field trial of the Risk and Needs Triage (RANT)(TM)
by Marlowe, Douglas B. & Festinger, David S. & Dugosh, Karen L. & Caron, Anne & Podkopacz, Marcy R. & Clements, Nicolle T.
- 261-267 Decide your time: Testing deterrence theory's certainty and celerity effects on substance-using probationers
by O'Connell, Daniel & Visher, Christy A. & Martin, Steven & Parker, Laurin & Brent, John
- 268-272 Pathways through drugs and crime: Desistance, trauma and resilience
by Hammersley, Richard
- 273-285 Civil asset forfeiture, equitable sharing, and policing for profit in the United States
by Holcomb, Jefferson E. & Kovandzic, Tomislav V. & Williams, Marian R.
- 286-288 Crime-minimizing drug policy
by Kleiman, Mark A.R. & Heussler, Lowry
2011, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 106-119 Judicial scrutiny of gender-based employment practices in the criminal justice system
by Nolasco, Claire Angelique R.I. & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 120-127 Moving beyond the socialization hypothesis: The effects of maternal smoking during pregnancy on the development of self-control
by Turner, Michael G. & Livecchi, Crista M. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Booth, Jeb
- 128-136 Compstat in Australia: An analysis of the spatial and temporal impact
by Mazerolle, Lorraine & McBroom, James & Rombouts, Sacha
- 137-142 First-time DWI offenders are at risk of recidivating regardless of sanctions imposed
by Ahlin, Eileen M. & Zador, Paul L. & Rauch, William J. & Howard, Jan M. & Duncan, G. Doug
- 143-150 Serious assaults on prison staff: A descriptive analysis
by Sorensen, Jon R. & Cunningham, Mark D. & Vigen, Mark P. & Woods, S.O.
- 151-158 Violent criminals locked up: Examining the effect of incarceration on behavioral continuity
by Sorensen, Jon & Davis, Jaya
- 159-168 Procedural justice during police-citizen encounters: The effects of process-based policing on citizen compliance and demeanor
by Dai, Mengyan & Frank, James & Sun, Ivan
- 169-174 Does victimization reduce self-control? A longitudinal analysis
by Agnew, Robert & Scheuerman, Heather & Grosholz, Jessica & Isom, Deena & Watson, Lesley & Thaxton, Sherod
- 175-182 Examining GPS monitoring alerts triggered by sex offenders: The divergence of legislative goals and practical application in community corrections
by Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Freeman, Beth C.