Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
2020, Volume 67, Issue C
- S0047235219304842 Head injury in prison: Gang membership and the role of prison violence
by Fahmy, Chantal & Jackson, Dylan B. & Pyrooz, David C. & Decker, Scott H.
- S0047235219304933 Gender and the intergenerational transmission of antisocial behavior
by Tzoumakis, Stacy & Whitten, Tyson & Piotrowska, Patrycja & Dean, Kimberlie & Laurens, Kristin R. & Harris, Felicity & Carr, Vaughan J. & Green, Melissa J.
- S0047235219305008 Get mad: Chronic anger expression and psychopathic traits in three independent samples
by Kosson, David S. & Garofalo, Carlo & McBride, Cami K. & Velotti, Patrizia
- S0047235220300155 High rates of sexual assault kit submission and the important role of place
by Shaw, Jessica & Coates, Victoria & Janulis, Patrick
- S0047235220300684 Police use of force and suspect behavior: An inmate perspective
by Morgan, Mark Alden & Logan, Matthew William & Olma, Tayte Marie
- S0047235220300787 Shaping youths' perceptions and attitudes toward the police: Differences in direct and vicarious encounters with police
by Harris, Jacob W. & Jones, Melissa S.
2020, Volume 66, Issue C
- S0047235219302168 Exploring the potential association between gang membership and health outcomes in a longitudinal sample of youth and young adults
by Rima, Dzhansarayeva & Sholpan, Malikova & Gulzagira, Atakhanova & Meruert, Bisenova & Beaver, Kevin M.
- S0047235219302491 Under siege?: Assessing public perceptions of the “War on Police”
by Moule, Richard K.
- S0047235219302831 An opportunity model of safety risks among jail officers
by Ellison, Jared M. & Gainey, Randy
- S0047235219303204 Fifty years post Gault: A meta-analysis of the impact of attorney representation on delinquency outcomes
by Burruss, George W. & Peck, Jennifer H. & Cameron, Alesha L.J.
- S0047235219303228 The role of gender in the relationship between adverse childhood experiences and delinquency and substance use in adolescence
by Leban, Lindsay & Gibson, Chris L.
- S0047235219303241 Low self-control and the adolescent police stop: Intrusiveness, emotional response, and psychological well-being
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Testa, Alexander & Vaughn, Michael G.
- S0047235219303265 Do developmental changes in impulsivity and sensation seeking uniquely predict violent victimization? A test of the dual systems model
by Connolly, Eric J. & Cooke, Eric M. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Brown, Wyatt
- S0047235219303460 Crime frames and gender differences in the activation of crime concern and crime responses
by de Vries, Ieke & Farrell, Amy & Bouché, Vanessa & Wittmer-Wolfe, Dana E.
- S0047235219303551 The impact of life domains on cyberbullying perpetration in Iran: A partial test of Agnew's general theory of crime
by Kabiri, Saeed & Shadmanfaat, Seyyedeh Masoomeh Shamila & Choi, Jaeyong & Yun, Ilhong
- S0047235219303757 Educational attainment and prescription drug misuse: The importance of push and pull factors for dropping out
by Ford, Jason A. & Pomykacz, Corey R. & Ortiz, Kasim & McCabe, Sean Esteban & Schepis, Ty S.
- S0047235219304131 Ecologies of juvenile reoffending: A systematic review of risk factors
by Jacobs, Leah A. & Ashcraft, Laura Ellen & Sewall, Craig J.R. & Folb, Barbara L. & Mair, Christina
- S0047235219304222 Retrofitting social learning theory with contemporary understandings of learning and memory derived from cognitive psychology and neuroscience
by Proctor, K. Ryan & Niemeyer, Richard E.
- S0047235219304398 Considering violence against police by citizen race/ethnicity to contextualize representation in officer-involved shootings
by Shjarback, John A. & Nix, Justin
- S0047235219304672 Is the recent increase in national homicide abnormal? Testing the application of fan charts in monitoring national homicide trends over time
by Yim, Ha-Neul & Riddell, Jordan R. & Wheeler, Andrew P.
- S0047235219304982 Revisiting the generality of rational choice theory: Evidence for general patterns but differential effects across varying levels of psychopathy
by Ray, James V. & Baker, Thomas & Caudy, Michael S.
- S004723521930251X The early temperamental correlates of antisocial propensity
by Mathesius, Jeffrey R. & Lussier, Patrick & Corrado, Raymond R.
- S004723521930354X Beauty is in the eye of the offender: Physical attractiveness and adolescent victimization
by Savolainen, Jukka & Brauer, Jonathan R. & Ellonen, Noora
2019, Volume 65, Issue C
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218302629 Bio-behavioral effects of early family interventions and prevention of antisocial behavior
by de Kogel, Catharina H. & Alberda, Daphne L.
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218300011 How to introduce neuroscientific measures in judicial practice? A perspective paper
by Cornet, L.J.M.
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218300217 How can we use knowledge about the neurobiology of emotion recognition in practice?
by Hunnikin, Laura M. & van Goozen, Stephanie H.M.
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235217305299 Neurobiology and crime: A neuro-ethical perspective
by Focquaert, Farah
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218300023 Resting autonomic nervous system activity is unrelated to antisocial behaviour dimensions in adolescents: Cross-sectional findings from a European multi-centre study
by Prätzlich, Martin & Oldenhof, Helena & Steppan, Martin & Ackermann, Katharina & Baker, Rosalind & Batchelor, Molly & Baumann, Sarah & Bernhard, Anka & Clanton, Roberta & Dikeos, Dimitris & Dochnal, Roberta & Fehlbaum, Lynn Valérie & Fernández-Rivas, Aranzazu & González de Artaza-Lavesa, Maider & Gonzalez-Madruga, Karen & Guijarro, Silvina & Gundlach, Malou & Herpertz-Dahlmann, Beate & Hervas, Amaia & Jansen, Lucres & Kerexeta-Lizeaga, Iñaki & Kersten, Linda & Kirchner, Marietta & Kohls, Gregor & Konsta, Angeliki & Lazaratou, Helen & Martinelli, Anne & Menks, Willeke Martine & Puzzo, Ignazio & Raschle, Nora Maria & Rogers, Jack & Siklósi, Réka & Smaragdi, Areti & Vriends, Noortje & Konrad, Kerstin & De Brito, Stephane & Fairchild, Graeme & Kieser, Meinhard & Freitag, Christine M. & Popma, Arne & Stadler, Christina
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218301910 Neuroscientific insights and the Dutch adolescent criminal law: A brief report
by Barendregt, Charlotte S. & van der Laan, André M.
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235217305238 CU-traits and HPA-axis reactivity conjointly relate to treatment effect in adolescents with severe antisocial behavior
by Jambroes, Tijs & Jansen, Lucres M.C. & Oostermeijer, Sanne & Ven, Peter M.v.d. & Doreleijers, Theo A.H. & Vermeiren, Robert R.J.M. & Popma, Arne
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218301958 Baseline autonomic nervous system activity in female children and adolescents with conduct disorder: Psychophysiological findings from the FemNAT-CD study
by Oldenhof, Helena & Prätzlich, Martin & Ackermann, Katharina & Baker, Rosalind & Batchelor, Molly & Baumann, Sarah & Bernhard, Anka & Clanton, Roberta & Dikeos, Dimitris & Dochnal, Roberta & Fehlbaum, Lynn Valérie & Fernández-Rivas, Aranzazu & de Geus, Eco & Gonzalez, Karen & de Artaza-Lavesa, Maider González & Guijarro, Silvina & Gundlach, Malou & Herpertz-Dahlmann, Beate & Hervas, Amaia & Jansen, Lucres & Kersten, Linda & Kohls, Gregor & Konsta, Angeliki & Lazaratou, Helen & Kerexeta-Lizeaga, Iñaki & Martinelli, Anne & van Nimwegen, Tisse & Puzzo, Ignazio & Raschle, Nora Maria & Rogers, Jack & Siklósi, Réka & Smaragdi, Areti & Steppan, Martin & De Brito, Stephane & Fairchild, Graeme & Kieser, Meinhard & Konrad, Kerstin & Freitag, Christine & Stadler, Christina & Popma, Arne
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218301351 Neurobiological intervention and prediction of treatment outcome in the juvenile criminal justice system
by Bootsman, Florian
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s0047235218302460 Practical implications of neuroscience in the field of criminal justice: Introduction to the special issue
by Cornet, L.J.M. & Bootsman, F. & de Kogel, C.H.
- v:65:y:2019:i:c:s004723521830374x The effects of nutrients and neurotoxicants on aggressive behavior
by Zaalberg, Ap
2019, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-1 The rhetoric of de-policing: Evaluating open-ended survey responses from police officers with machine learning-based structural topic modeling
by Mourtgos, Scott M. & Adams, Ian T.
- 1-1 An examination of inmate adjustment stratified by time served in prison
by Butler, H. Daniel
- 1-1 Co-offending, violence, and situational moderators
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Tillyer, Rob
- 1-1 A research note on the methodological and theoretical considerations for assessing crime forecasting accuracy with the predictive accuracy index
by Drawve, Grant & Wooditch, Alese
- 1-1 Unsuccessful life style in middle-aged official and self-reported types of offenders
by Zara, Georgia & Farrington, David P.
- 1-1 A national study of sustained use of force complaints in law enforcement agencies
by Pryor, Cori & Boman, John H. & Mowen, Thomas J. & McCamman, Michael
- 1-1 Urban park crime: Neighborhood context and park features
by Taylor, Ralph B. & Haberman, Cory P. & Groff, Elizabeth R.
- 1-12 Where they live and go: Immigrant ethnic activity space and neighborhood crime in Southern California
by Kim, Young-An & Hipp, John R. & Kubrin, Charis E.
2019, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-11 Social disorder and residence-based fear of crime: The differential mediating effects of police effectiveness
by Oh, Gyeongseok & Ren, Ling & He, Phil
- 12-24 Using decision tree algorithms to screen individuals at risk of entry into sexual recidivism
by Lussier, Patrick & Deslauriers-Varin, Nadine & Collin-Santerre, Justine & Bélanger, Roxane
- 25-40 Within-individual effects of strain on crime/drug use and conditioning effects of criminal coping propensity: Random-effects models
by Jang, Sung Joon & Na, Chongmin
- 41-48 Estimating the sex buying behavior of adult males in the United States: List experiment and direct question estimates
by Roe-Sepowitz, Dominique & Bontrager, Stephanie & Pickett, Justin T. & Kosloski, Anna E.
- 49-57 Who tells the truth? Former inmates' self-reported arrests vs. official records
by Daylor, Jordan M. & Blalock, Dan V. & Davis, Tess & Klauberg, William X. & Stuewig, Jeff & Tangney, June P.
- 58-69 It's all the rage! Exploring the nuances in the link between vaping and adolescent delinquency
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Boccio, Cashen M. & Leal, Wanda E. & Vaughn, Michael G.
2019, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-2 Editorial—mental health and crime: Scientific advances and emerging issues from prospective longitudinal studies
by Ttofi, Maria M. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P. & McGee, Tara R.
- 3-15 Depression and anxiety outcomes of offending trajectories: A systematic review of prospective longitudinal studies
by Reising, Kim & Ttofi, Maria M. & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 16-22 The impact of longitudinal offending trajectories on mental health: Lifetime consequences and intergenerational transfer
by Reising, Kim & Ttofi, Maria M. & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 23-28 Worried, sad, and breaking rules? Understanding the developmental interrelations among symptoms of anxiety, depression, and conduct problems during early childhood
by Fanti, Kostas A. & Hellfeldt, Karin & Colins, Olivier F. & Meehan, Anna & Andershed, Anna-Karin & Andershed, Henrik
- 29-34 Unraveling the longitudinal reciprocal associations between anxiety, delinquency, and depression from early to middle adolescence
by Fanti, Kostas A. & Colins, Olivier F. & Andershed, Henrik
- 35-41 Anxiety, depression, and offending in the Columbia County longitudinal study: A prospective analysis from late adolescence to middle adulthood
by Huesmann, L. Rowell & Boxer, Paul & Dubow, Eric F. & Smith, Cathy
- 42-49 Depression, anxiety and delinquency: Results from the Pittsburgh Youth Study
by Jolliffe, Darrick & Farrington, David P. & Brunton-Smith, Ian & Loeber, Rolf & Ahonen, Lia & Palacios, Anna Paula
- 50-57 Longitudinal associations among depression, substance abuse, and crime: A test of competing hypotheses for driving mechanisms
by Kim, B.K. Elizabeth & Gilman, Amanda B. & Kosterman, Rick & Hill, Karl G.
- 58-65 Longitudinal associations between delinquency, depression and anxiety symptoms in adolescence: Testing the moderating effect of sex and family socioeconomic status
by Fontaine, Nathalie M.G. & Brendgen, Mara & Vitaro, Frank & Boivin, Michel & Tremblay, Richard E. & Côté, Sylvana M.
- 66-73 The linkage between mental health, delinquency, and trajectories of delinquency: Results from the Boricua Youth Study
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Maldonado-Molina, Mildred & Fenimore, Danielle M. & Piquero, Alex R. & Bird, Hector & Canino, Glorisa
- 74-86 Reciprocal associations between early adolescent antisocial behavior and depressive symptoms: A longitudinal study in Victoria, Australia and Washington State, United States
by Heerde, Jessica A. & Curtis, Ashlee & Bailey, Jennifer A. & Smith, Rachel & Hemphill, Sheryl A. & Toumbourou, John W.
- 87-93 Depression and anxiety in adolescent and young adult offenders: A longitudinal study from 13 to 32 years using the Australian Temperament Project
by Edwards, Ben & Forrest, Walter & Vassallo, Suzanne & Greenwood, Christopher & Olsson, Craig A.
- 94-100 Examining the associations between offending trajectories in adolescence/young adulthood and subsequent mental health disorders
by Walker, Grace H. & Boden, Joseph M. & Fergusson, David M. & Horwood, L. John
2019, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-12 Will history repeat itself? Growth mixture modeling of suspected serial sexual offending using forensic DNA evidence
by Campbell, Rebecca & Pierce, Steven J. & Ma, Wenjuan & Feeney, Hannah & Goodman-Williams, Rachael & Sharma, Dhruv B.
- 13-25 The intersection of sociodemographic characteristics within the nomological network of the triarchic psychopathy model in a forensic sample
by Anestis, Joye C. & Preston, Olivia C. & Harrop, Tiffany M. & Sellbom, Martin
- 26-39 Legal socialization and subcultural norms: Examining linkages between perceptions of procedural justice, legal cynicism, and the code of the street
by Moule, Richard K. & Burruss, George W. & Gifford, Faith E. & Parry, Megan M. & Fox, Bryanna
- 40-47 Carjacking and the management of natural surveillance
by Jacobs, Bruce A. & Cherbonneau, Michael
- 48-57 Do politics Trump race in determining America's youths' perceptions of law enforcement?
by Fine, Adam D. & Rowan, Zachary & Simmons, Cortney
- 58-71 Community matters: GxE interactions predicting childhood aggression and violent behavior
by Sattler, Leslie J. & Thomas, Kristie A. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Almeida, Joanna & White, Lori A. & Waldman, Marcus R.
- 72-80 Exploring the overlap between victimization and offending among Hong Kong adolescents
by Chan, H.C.O.
- 81-89 Rapists' behaviors to avoid police detection
by Chopin, Julien & Beauregard, Eric & Bitzer, Sonja & Reale, Kylie
- 90-100 Changing spatial patterns of residential burglary and the crime drop: The need for spatial data signatures
by Hodgkinson, Tarah & Andresen, Martin A.
2019, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-12 Explaining the temporal and spatial dimensions of robbery: Differences across measures of the physical and social environment
by Hipp, John R. & Kim, Young-An
- 13-24 Are the effects of parental control/support and peer delinquency on future offending cumulative or interactive? A multiple group analysis of 10 longitudinal studies
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 25-34 The code of the street and cooperation with the police: Do codes of violence, procedural injustice, and police ineffectiveness discourage reporting violent victimization to the police?
by Kwak, Hyounggon & Dierenfeldt, Rick & McNeeley, Susan
- 35-46 Police use of force and its video coverage: An experimental study of the impact of media source and content on public perceptions
by Miethe, Terance D. & Venger, Olesya & Lieberman, Joel D.
- 47-56 Risk factor and high-risk place variations across different robbery targets in Denver, Colorado
by Connealy, Nathan T. & Piza, Eric L.
- 57-63 Exploring the impact of 9398 demolitions on neighborhood-level crime in Detroit, Michigan
by Larson, Matthew & Xu, Yanqing & Ouellet, Leah & Klahm, Charles F.
- 64-73 Sexual murderers in everyday life
by James, Jonathan & Beauregard, Eric & Proulx, Jean
- 74-83 Psychopathic severity profiles: A latent profile analysis in youth samples with implications for the diagnosis of conduct disorder
by Ribeiro da Silva, Diana & Salekin, Randall T. & Rijo, Daniel
- 84-92 A systematic and meta-analytic review of the literature on correctional officers: Identifying new avenues for research
by Butler, H. Daniel & Tasca, Melinda & Zhang, Yan & Carpenter, Channing
- 93-99 The relationship between police procedural justice, police legitimacy, and people's willingness to cooperate with law enforcement: A meta-analysis
by Colin Bolger, P. & Walters, Glenn D.
- 100-107 The influence of ‘High’ vs. ‘Low’ rape myth acceptance on police officers' judgements of victim and perpetrator responsibility, and rape authenticity
by Hine, Benjamin & Murphy, Anthony
- 108-116 Aging out of adolescent delinquency: Results from a longitudinal sample of youth and young adults
by Bekbolatkyzy, Duzbayeva Saltanat & Yerenatovna, Dzhansarayeva Rima & Maratuly, Yergali Adlet & Makhatovna, Atakhanova Gulzagira & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 117-129 Self-control and offending in late adulthood. Investigating self-control's interaction with opportunities and criminal associations in advanced age
by Hirtenlehner, Helmut & Baier, Dirk
- 130-139 Citizens' perceptions of body-worn cameras (BWCs): Findings from a quasi-randomized controlled trial
by Demir, Mustafa
- 140-153 The routine activities of violent crime places: A retrospective case-control study of crime opportunities on street segments
by Schnell, Cory & Grossman, Leigh & Braga, Anthony A.
- 154-166 Dynamic risk factors and timing of recidivism for youth in residential placement
by Cuevas, Celina & Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T.
2018, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-2 The Dr. Norman White special issue on criminal justice scholarship & race: A brief introduction
by Boutwell, Brian B. & Wright, John P.
- 3-11 The new disciplinology: Research, theory, and remaining puzzles on the school-to-prison pipeline
by Rocque, Michael & Snellings, Quincy
- 12-17 The effect of minority threat on risk management and the “new disciplinology” in schools
by Welch, Kelly
- 18-28 The state of race and punishment in America: Is justice really blind?
by Franklin, Travis W.
- 29-31 The continuing evolution of race and sentencing research and reviews of this research
by Mitchell, Ojmarrh
- 32-37 Race and (antisocial) personality
by DeLisi, Matt
- 38-41 Reflections on race, personality, and crime
by Threadcraft-Walker, Whitney & Henderson, Howard
- 42-53 Examining the race, poverty, and crime nexus adding Asian Americans and biosocial processes
by Walsh, Anthony & Yun, Ilhong
- 54-57 An inconvenient truth: Biology matters. History and the social structure it produced does too
by White, Norman A.
- 58-68 Social-psychological dynamics of police-minority relations: An evolutionary interpretation
by Holmes, Malcolm D. & Smith, Brad W.
- 69-70 Culture, the formation of ingroups, and policing: A response to Holmes and Smith
by King, William R.
- 71-80 Racial and ethnic trends in illicit drug use and binge drinking among adolescent and young adult offenders in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Cordova, David & Nelson, Erik J. & Jaegers, Lisa
- 81-86 A constructivist view of race in modern criminology
by Barnes, J.C.
- 87-91 Lynn's r/k selection theory of criminality revisited: Consideration of individual differences and developmental life history contributions to the patterning of population differences in antagonistic social strategies
by Cabeza de Baca, Tomás & Woodley of Menie, Michael Anthony
- 92-109 Predicting arrest probability across time: An exploration of competing risk perspectives
by Bolger, Michelle A.
- 110-121 The enforcement of crime and virtue: Predictors of police and Mutaween encounters in a Saudi Arabian sample of youth
by Pietenpol, Annelise M. & Morgan, Mark Alden & Wright, John Paul & Almosaed, Nora F. & Moghrabi, Sameera S. & Bashatah, Fawzia S.
- 122-126 The emerging science of evolutionary criminology
by Winegard, Benjamin M. & Winegard, Bo M.
- 127-131 Academic freedom and race: You ought not to believe what you think may be true
by Flynn, James R.
- 132-135 Moral positions on publishing race differences in intelligence
by Jeffery, Austin John & Shackelford, Todd K.
- 136-139 Giving the Devil His Due: Why Freedom of Inquiry in Science and Politics is Inviolable
by Shermer, Michael
2018, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-9 Risk factor profile of youth incarcerated for child to parent violence: A nationally representative sample
by Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Cain, Calli M. & Wylie, Lindsey E. & Muftić, Lisa R. & Bouffard, Leana A.
- 10-21 Gang violence predictability: Using risk terrain modeling to study gang homicides and gang assaults in East Los Angeles
by Valasik, Matthew
- 22-32 Crime-general and crime-specific spatial patterns: A multivariate spatial analysis of four crime types at the small-area scale
by Quick, Matthew & Li, Guangquan & Brunton-Smith, Ian
- 33-46 Categorically complex: A latent class analysis of public perceptions of police militarization
by Fox, Bryanna & Moule, Richard K. & Parry, Megan M.
- 47-55 Predicting youth assault and institutional danger in juvenile correctional facilities
by Rembert, David A. & Threadcraft-Walker, Whitney & Henderson, Howard & Jackson, Robin
- 56-66 Emotion regulation, mindfulness, and alexithymia: Specific or general impairments in sexual, violent, and homicide offenders?
by Gillespie, Steven M. & Garofalo, Carlo & Velotti, Patrizia
- 67-77 Developmental patterns of psychopathic personality traits and the influence of social factors among a sample of serious juvenile offenders
by Ray, James V.
- 78-86 Recurring victimization: What role does head injury play?
by Daigle, Leah E. & Harris, Michelle N.
- 87-96 Spatial patterns of urban sex trafficking
by Mletzko, Deborah & Summers, Lucia & Arnio, Ashley N.
2018, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-10 Advancing knowledge about residual criminal careers: A follow-up to age 56 from the Cambridge study in delinquent development
by Kazemian, Lila & Farrington, David P.
- 11-25 Gangs, gender, and involvement in crime, victimization, and exposure to violence
by Watkins, Adam M. & Melde, Chris
- 26-34 Introduction and validation of the Juror Decision Scale (JDS): An empirical investigation of the Story Model
by Willmott, Dominic & Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Woodfield, Russell
- 35-46 Identifying the nature of risky places for sexual crime: The applicability of crime pattern and social disorganization theories in a Canadian context
by Hewitt, Ashley N. & Beauregard, Eric & Andresen, Martin A. & Brantingham, Patricia L.
- 47-55 A comparison of latent profiles in antisocial male offenders
by Driessen, Josi M.A. & Fanti, Kostas A. & Glennon, Jeffrey C. & Neumann, Craig S. & Baskin-Sommers, Arielle R. & Brazil, Inti A.
- 56-66 Routine activities and adolescent deviance across 28 cultures
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Javakhishvili, Magda & Ksinan, Albert J.
- 67-75 FFM facets and their relations with different forms of antisocial behavior: An expanded meta-analysis
by Vize, Colin E. & Miller, Joshua D. & Lynam, Donald R.
- 76-88 Examining the stability and predictors of deterrability across multiple offense types within a sample of convicted felons
by Bouffard, Jeff A. & Exum, M. Lyn & Niebuhr, Nicole
- 89-98 Examining interactive effects of characteristics of the social and physical environment on aggravated assault
by Thomas, Shaun A. & Drawve, Grant
- 99-105 Institutional misconduct among juvenile offenders serving a blended sentence
by Reidy, Thomas J. & Sorensen, Jon R. & Cihan, Abdullah
- 106-115 Describing the process and quantifying the outcomes of the Cuyahoga County sexual assault kit initiative
by Lovell, Rachel & Luminais, Misty & Flannery, Daniel J. & Bell, Richard & Kyker, Brett
- 116-125 Difficulties in emotion regulation and psychopathic traits in violent offenders
by Garofalo, Carlo & Neumann, Craig S. & Velotti, Patrizia
2018, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-1 Advances in the study of self-control: Introduction to the special issue
by Meldrum, Ryan Charles
- 2-10 Integrating criminological and mental health perspectives on low self-control: A multi-domain analysis
by Venables, Noah C. & Foell, Jens & Yancey, James R. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Iacono, William G. & Patrick, Christopher J.
- 11-19 Self-control and the police code of silence: Examining the unwillingness to report fellow officers' misbehavior among a multi-agency sample of police recruits
by Donner, Christopher M. & Maskaly, Jon & Thompson, Kanani N.
- 20-28 Child abuse, self-control, and delinquency: A general strain perspective
by Bunch, Jackson M. & Iratzoqui, Amaia & Watts, Stephen J.
- 29-42 Exploring differences in self-control across sex, race, age, education, and language: Considering a bifactor MIMIC model
by Ward, Jeffrey T. & Ray, James V. & Fox, Kathleen A.
- 43-49 SNAP (Stop Now And Plan): Helping children improve their self-control and externalizing behavior problems
by Augimeri, Leena K. & Walsh, Margaret & Donato, Adam & Blackman, Andrea & Piquero, Alex R.
- 50-59 Self-control stability and change for incarcerated juvenile offenders
by Hay, Carter & Widdowson, Alex & Young, Brae Campion
- 60-69 On the development of self-control and deviance from preschool to middle adolescence
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Ksinan Jiskrova, Gabriela
- 70-80 An evaluation of the directional relationship between head injuries and subsequent changes in impulse control and delinquency in a sample of previously adjudicated males
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Connolly, Eric J. & Valgardson, Bradon A.
- 81-85 Scaling-up self-control: A macro-level investigation of self-control at the county level
by Diamond, Brie & Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 86-97 The other side of the coin: Exploring the effects of adolescent delinquency on young adult self-control
by Clinkinbeard, Samantha S. & Barnum, Timothy C. & Rhodes, Trisha N.
- 98-106 Serotonin and self-control: A genetically moderated stress sensitization effect
by Boisvert, Danielle & Wells, Jessica & Armstrong, Todd A. & Lewis, Richard H.
- 107-117 Brain activity, low self-control, and delinquency: An fMRI study of at-risk adolescents
by Meldrum, Ryan Charles & Trucco, Elisa M. & Cope, Lora M. & Zucker, Robert A. & Heitzeg, Mary M.
- 118-126 Low self-control and the adoption of street code values among young adults
by McNeeley, Susan & Meldrum, Ryan Charles & Hoskin, Anthony W.
- 127-139 Considering the role of food insecurity in low self-control and early delinquency
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Newsome, Jamie & Vaughn, Michael G. & Johnson, Kecia R.
2018, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-11 The Depravity Standard I: An introduction
by Welner, Michael & O'Malley, Kate Y. & Gonidakis, James & Tellalian, Ryan E.
- 12-24 The Depravity Standard III: Validating an evidence-based guide
by Welner, Michael & O'Malley, Kate Y. & Gonidakis, James & Saxena, Alisha & Stewart-Willis, Jada
- 25-34 The Depravity Standard II: Developing a measure of the worst of crimes
by Welner, Michael & O'Malley, Kate Y. & Gonidakis, James & Saxena, Alisha & Burnes, James
- 35-45 The maltreatment-violence link: Exploring the role of maltreatment experiences and other individual and social risk factors among young people who offend
by Malvaso, Catia G. & Delfabbro, Paul H. & Day, Andrew & Nobes, Gavin
- 46-57 The search for the holy grail: Criminogenic needs matching, intervention dosage, and subsequent recidivism among serious juvenile offenders in residential placement
by Baglivio, Michael T. & Wolff, Kevin T. & Howell, James C. & Jackowski, Katherine & Greenwald, Mark A.
- 58-70 Adulthood-limited offending: How much is there to explain?
by Sivertsson, Fredrik
- 71-79 An examination of developmental patterns of chronic offending from self-report records and official data: Evidence from the Pittsburgh Girls Study (PGS)
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Loeber, Rolf & Ahonen, Lia & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 80-87 Personality functioning and psychopathic traits in child molesters and violent offenders
by Garofalo, Carlo & Bogaerts, Stefan & Denissen, Jaap J.A.
- 88-95 The relationship between low resting heart rate, systolic blood pressure and antisocial behavior in incarcerated males
by Koegl, Christopher J. & Farrington, David P. & Raine, Adrian
2018, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-11 Violence and beyond: Life-course features of handgun carrying in the urban United States and the associated long-term life consequences
by Dong, Beidi & Wiebe, Douglas J.
- 12-19 Gender, race/ethnicity and prediction: Risk in behavioral assessment
by Threadcraft-Walker, Whitney & Threadcraft, Melody Mitchell & Henderson, Howard & Rembert, David
- 20-29 Why does organizational justice matter? Uncertainty management among law enforcement officers
by Wolfe, Scott E. & Rojek, Jeff & Manjarrez, Victor M. & Rojek, Allison
- 30-40 Same feathers, different flocks: Breaking down the meaning of ‘behavioral Homophily’ in the etiology of crime
by Boman, John H. & Mowen, Thomas J.
- 41-49 Subcultures of violence and African American crime rates
by Latzer, Barry
- 50-61 How far does the apple fall from the tree? Maternal delinquency and sex-specific patterns of offspring delinquent behavior
by Connolly, Eric J. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 62-75 The moderating effects of intelligence: An examination of how IQ influences the association between environmental factors and antisocial behavior
by Silver, Ian A. & Nedelec, Joseph L.
- 76-87 Measuring the effect heterogeneity of police enforcement actions across spatial contexts
by Piza, Eric L. & Gilchrist, Andrew M.
- 88-98 Using three-group propensity score method to estimate effects of relationship status and quality on men's antisocial behavior
by Chen, Frances R. & Jaffee, Sara R.
2017, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-11 Sentencing in light of collateral consequences: Does age matter?
by Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager & Chiricos, Ted & Siennick, Sonja E. & Barrick, Kelle & Bales, William
- 12-24 Thinking fast, not slow: How cognitive biases may contribute to racial disparities in the use of force in police-citizen encounters
by Mears, Daniel P. & Craig, Miltonette O. & Stewart, Eric A. & Warren, Patricia Y.
- 25-33 Does offending intensify as exposure to violence aggregates? Reconsidering the effects of repeat victimization, types of exposure to violence, and poly-victimization on property crime, violent offending, and substance use
by Farrell, Chelsea & Zimmerman, Gregory M.
- 34-45 A little early risk goes a long bad way: Adverse childhood experiences and life-course offending in the Cambridge study
by Craig, Jessica M. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria M.
- 46-54 Foster care beyond placement: Offending outcomes in emerging adulthood
by Yang, Jennifer & McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond R.
- 55-65 Childhood predictors of adult psychopathy scores among males followed from age 6 to 33
by Bamvita, Jean-Marie & Larm, Peter & Checknita, Dave & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, Richard E. & Côté, Gilles & Hodgins, Sheilagh
- 66-73 Mediating the bullying victimization–delinquency relationship with anger and cognitive impulsivity: A test of general strain and criminal lifestyle theories
by Walters, Glenn D. & Espelage, Dorothy L.
- 74-82 It's a War Out There: Contextualized Narratives of Violent Acts
by Hochstetler, Andy & Copes, Heith & Cherbonneau, Michael
- 83-91 Clarifying associations between psychopathy facets and personality disorders among offenders
by Klipfel, Kristen M. & Garofalo, Carlo & Kosson, David S.
- 92-101 The developmental and criminal histories of subgroups of sexual murderers engaging, or not engaging, in post mortem sexual interference, compared to rapists
by Higgs, Tamsin & Stefanska, Ewa B. & Carter, Adam J. & Browne, Kevin D.
- 102-109 A field experiment of the impact of body-worn cameras (BWCs) on police officer behavior and perceptions
by Headley, Andrea M. & Guerette, Rob T. & Shariati, Auzeen
- 110-116 Post-experimental follow-ups—Fade-out versus persistence effects: The Rialto police body-worn camera experiment four years on
by Sutherland, Alex & Ariel, Barak & Farrar, William & De Anda, Randy
2017, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-11 Self-efficacy, aspirations, and residential placement outcomes: Why belief in a prosocial self matters
by Cuevas, Celina & Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T.
- 12-21 Are college students really at a higher risk for stalking?: Exploring the generalizability of student samples in victimization research
by Brady, Patrick Q. & Nobles, Matt R. & Bouffard, Leana A.
- 22-33 Disentangling Operationalizations of Persistent Offending
by Whitten, Tyson & McGee, Tara R. & Homel, Ross & Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria
- 34-40 Risky places: An analysis of carjackings in Detroit
by Lersch, Kim Michelle
- 41-48 Examining the role of opportunity in the offense behavior of victim age polymorphic sex offenders
by Stephens, Skye & Reale, Kylie S. & Goodwill, Alasdair M. & Beauregard, Eric
- 49-56 Women in prison: Investigating trajectories of institutional female misconduct
by Reidy, Thomas J. & Cihan, Abdullah & Sorensen, Jon R.
- 57-67 Social support from outside the walls: Examining the role of relationship dynamics among inmates and visitors
by Meyers, Travis J. & Wright, Kevin A. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Tasca, Melinda
- 68-78 Offending patterns for serial sex offenders identified via the DNA testing of previously unsubmitted sexual assault kits
by Lovell, Rachel & Luminais, Misty & Flannery, Daniel J. & Overman, Laura & Huang, Duoduo & Walker, Tiffany & Clark, Dan R.
- 79-89 Delinquency prevention for individual change: Richard Clarke Cabot and the making of the Cambridge-Somerville Youth Study
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Zane, Steven N. & Rocque, Michael
- 90-100 Correctional shorthands: Focal concerns and the decision to administer solitary confinement
by Logan, Matthew W. & Dulisse, Brandon & Peterson, Samuel & Morgan, Mark Alden & Olma, Tayte Marie & Paré, Paul-Philippe
- 101-111 The prevalence of fatal police shootings by U.S. police, 2015–2016: Patterns and answers from a new data set
by Shane, Jon M. & Lawton, Brian & Swenson, Zoë
2017, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-8 Heart rate, serotonin transporter linked polymorphic region (5-HTTLPR) genotype, and violence in an incarcerated sample
by Armstrong, Todd A. & Boisvert, Danielle & Flores, Shahida & Symonds, Mary & Gangitano, David
- 9-16 Negative emotionality and aggression in violent offenders: The moderating role of emotion dysregulation
by Garofalo, Carlo & Velotti, Patrizia
- 17-23 Latent profile analysis of psychopathic traits among homicide, general violent, property, and white-collar offenders
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Willmott, Dominic
- 24-33 Third-person perceptions, hostile media effects, and policing: Developing a theoretical framework for assessing the Ferguson effect
by Nix, Justin & Pickett, Justin T.
- 34-58 Race/ethnicity and criminal behavior: Neurohormonal influences
by Ellis, Lee
- 59-66 Community-based and family-focused alternatives to incarceration: A quasi-experimental evaluation of interventions for delinquent youth
by Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager & Winokur Early, Kristin & Kosloski, Anna E.
- 67-73 Computer criminal behavior is related to psychopathy and other antisocial behavior
by Seigfried-Spellar, Kathryn C. & Villacís-Vukadinović, Nicolás & Lynam, Donald R.
- 74-88 New windows into a broken construct: A multilevel factor analysis and DIF assessment of perceived incivilities
by Ward, Jeffrey T. & Link, Nathan W. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 89-92 Comparison of murderers with recidivists and first time incarcerated offenders from U.S. prisons on psychopathy and identity as a criminal: An exploratory analysis
by Sherretts, Nicole & Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Willmott, Dominic
2017, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-11 Myopic decision making: An examination of crime decisions and their outcomes in sexual crimes
by Pedneault, Amelie & Beauregard, Eric & Harris, Danielle A. & Knight, Raymond A.
- 12-18 Analyzing the offending activity of inmates: Trajectories of offense seriousness, escalation, and de-escalation
by Cihan, Abdullah & Sorensen, Jonathan & Chism, Kimberly A.
- 19-28 Using offender crime scene behavior to link stranger sexual assaults: A comparison of three statistical approaches
by Tonkin, M. & Pakkanen, T. & Sirén, J. & Bennell, C. & Woodhams, J. & Burrell, A. & Imre, H. & Winter, J.M. & Lam, E. & ten Brinke, G. & Webb, M. & Labuschagne, G.N. & Ashmore-Hills, L. & van der Kemp, J.J. & Lipponen, S. & Rainbow, L. & Salfati, C.G. & Santtila, P.
- 29-41 Crime is not the only problem: Examining why violence & adverse health outcomes co-vary across large U.S. counties
by Ousey, Graham C.
- 42-52 De-policing and crime in the wake of Ferguson: Racialized changes in the quantity and quality of policing among Missouri police departments
by Shjarback, John A. & Pyrooz, David C. & Wolfe, Scott E. & Decker, Scott H.
- 53-61 When is a murder a sexual murder? Understanding the sexual element in the classification of sexual killings
by Stefanska, Ewa B. & Higgs, Tamsin & Carter, Adam J. & Beech, Anthony R.
- 62-68 Close only counts in alcohol and violence: Controlling violence near late-night alcohol establishments using a routine activities approach
by Burgason, Kyle A. & Drawve, Grant & Brown, Timothy C. & Eassey, John
- 69-77 Age differences in the severity, impact and relative importance of dynamic risk factors for recidivism
by Spruit, Anouk & van der Put, Claudia & Gubbels, Jeanne & Bindels, Anner
- 78-85 Does choice of measure matter? Assessing the similarities and differences among self-control scales
by Jones, Shayne