Journal of Criminal Justice
2017, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-8 Unemployment and the specialization of criminal activity: A neighborhood analysis
by Ha, Olivia K. & Andresen, Martin A.
- 9-20 Procedurally just cooperation: Explaining support for due process reforms in policing
by Pickett, Justin T. & Ryon, Stephanie Bontrager
- 21-29 Does the strength of the victim-offender overlap depend on the relationship between the victim and perpetrator?
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Farrell, Chelsea & Posick, Chad
- 30-36 Impulsivity as an etiological factor in sexual homicide
by Healey, Jay & Beauregard, Eric
- 37-47 Can self-control theory explain offending in late adulthood? Evidence from Germany
by Hirtenlehner, Helmut & Kunz, Franziska
- 48-63 It's time: A meta-analysis on the self-control-deviance link
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Mikuška, Jakub & Kelley, Erin L.
2016, Volume 47, Issue C
- 1-11 Temporal changes in racial violence, 1980 to 2006: A latent trajectory approach
by Parker, Karen F. & Stansfield, Richard & McCall, Patricia L.
- 12-20 Sensitivity to the Ferguson Effect: The role of managerial organizational justice
by Nix, Justin & Wolfe, Scott E.
- 21-31 Addressing the inconsistencies in fear of crime research: A meta-analytic review
by Collins, Rachael E.
- 32-40 The link between infant neuropsychological risk and childhood antisocial behavior among males: The moderating role of neonatal health risk
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Newsome, Jamie
- 41-50 Escape from violence: What reduces the enduring consequences of adolescent gang affiliation?
by Dong, Beidi & Krohn, Marvin D.
- 51-61 Prevalence and severity of trauma- and stressor-related symptoms among jurors: A review
by Lonergan, Michelle & Leclerc, Marie-Ève & Descamps, Mélanie & Pigeon, Sereena & Brunet, Alain
- 62-73 Sex offending and low self-control: An extension and test of the general theory of crime
by Ha, Olivia Katherine & Beauregard, Eric
- 74-83 The effect of prison visitation on reentry success: A meta-analysis
by Mitchell, Meghan M. & Spooner, Kallee & Jia, Di & Zhang, Yan
- 84-99 The effect of the maturity gap on delinquency and drug use over the life course: A genetically sensitive longitudinal design
by Nedelec, Joseph L. & Park, Insun & Silver, Ian A.
- 100-107 Reflected appraisals and self-view in delinquency development: An analysis of retrospective accounts from members of the Racine birth cohorts
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 108-122 The role of peer delinquency and unstructured socializing in explaining delinquency and substance use: A state-of-the-art review
by Hoeben, Evelien M. & Meldrum, Ryan C. & Walker, D'Andre & Young, Jacob T.N.
- 123-132 High-risk sexual offenders: Towards a new typology
by Kaseweter, Kimberley & Woodworth, Michael & Logan, Matt & Freimuth, Tabatha
- 133-142 The prevalence, predictors, and criminogenic effect of joining a gang among urban, suburban, and rural youth
by Watkins, Adam M. & Taylor, Terrance J.
- 143-150 Development and validation of the super-short form of the Elemental Psychopathy Assessment
by Collison, Katherine L. & Miller, Joshua D. & Gaughan, Eric T. & Widiger, Thomas A. & Lynam, Donald R.
- 151-158 The association between multilingualism and psychopathic personality traits
by Boccio, Cashen M. & Beaver, Kevin M.
2016, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-8 Was there a Ferguson Effect on crime rates in large U.S. cities?
by Pyrooz, David C. & Decker, Scott H. & Wolfe, Scott E. & Shjarback, John A.
- 9-17 Introduction and validation of Psychopathic Personality Traits Scale (PPTS) in a large prison sample
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata & Dhingra, Katie & DeLisi, Matt
- 18-31 Reoffending among serious juvenile offenders: A developmental perspective
by Ozkan, Turgut
- 32-44 Collective efficacy: How is it conceptualized, how is it measured, and does it really matter for understanding perceived neighborhood crime and disorder?
by Hipp, John R.
- 45-51 Proactive and reactive criminal thinking, psychological inertia, and the crime continuity conundrum
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 52-63 Exploring the impact of ambient population measures on London crime hotspots
by Malleson, Nick & Andresen, Martin A.
- 64-81 Adult-onset offenders: Is a tailored theory warranted?
by Beckley, Amber L. & Caspi, Avshalom & Harrington, Honalee & Houts, Renate M. & Mcgee, Tara Renae & Morgan, Nick & Schroeder, Felix & Ramrakha, Sandhya & Poulton, Richie & Moffitt, Terrie E.
- 82-93 Advancing restrictive deterrence: A qualitative meta-synthesis
by Moeller, Kim & Copes, Heith & Hochstetler, Andy
- 94-105 Examining gendered pathways in the causal chain linking neighborhood navigational strategies and unstructured socializing to adolescent violent offending
by Zimmerman, Gregory M.
- 106-117 Assessing the impact of race on the juvenile waiver decision: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Zane, Steven N. & Welsh, Brandon C. & Drakulich, Kevin M.
- 118-128 Variation in the incarceration length-recidivism dose–response relationship
by Rydberg, Jason & Clark, Kyleigh
- 129-136 Reentry programming for opioid and opiate involved female offenders: Findings from a mixed methods evaluation
by Miller, Holly Ventura & Miller, J. Mitchell & Barnes, J.C.
- 137-147 The significance of race/ethnicity in adolescent violence: A decade of review, 2005–2015
by Rojas-Gaona, Carlos E. & Hong, Jun Sung & Peguero, Anthony A.
- 148-158 Neighborhood disorder and generalized trust: A multilevel mediation examination of social mechanisms
by Intravia, Jonathan & Stewart, Eric A. & Warren, Patricia Y. & Wolff, Kevin T.
- 159-169 Low self-control and the Dark Triad: Disentangling the predictive power of personality traits on young adult substance use, offending and victimization
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Lehmann, Peter S.
- 170-183 Psychopathy and perceptions of procedural justice
by Augustyn, Megan Bears & Ray, James V.
- 184-195 The concordance of self-reported and officially recorded lifetime offending histories: Results from a sample of Australian prisoners
by Payne, Jason L. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 196-206 Unpacking gender and racial/ethnic biases in the federal sentencing of drug offenders: A causal mediation approach
by Ward, Jeffrey T. & Hartley, Richard D. & Tillyer, Rob
- 207-218 Debunking the psychometric properties of the LS\CMI: An application of item response theory with a risk assessment instrument
by Giguère, Guy & Lussier, Patrick
- 219-227 The hazards of premature release: Recidivism outcomes of blended-sentenced juvenile homicide offenders
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Trulson, Chad R.
- 228-238 Changes in inmates' substance use and dependence from pre-incarceration to one year post-release
by Tangney, June P. & Folk, Johanna B. & Graham, David M. & Stuewig, Jeffrey B. & Blalock, Daniel V. & Salatino, Andrew & Blasko, Brandy L. & Moore, Kelly E.
2016, Volume 45, Issue C
- 4-18 Intelligence as a protective factor against offending: A meta-analytic review of prospective longitudinal studies
by Ttofi, Maria M. & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R. & Lösel, Friedrich & DeLisi, Matthew & Murray, Joseph
- 19-25 Examining protective factors against violence among high-risk youth: Findings from the Seattle Social Development Project
by Kim, B.K. Elizabeth & Gilman, Amanda B. & Hill, Karl G. & Hawkins, J. David
- 26-31 Childhood and adolescent risk and protective factors for violence in adulthood
by Dubow, Eric F. & Huesmann, L. Rowell & Boxer, Paul & Smith, Cathy
- 32-40 Protective factors for violence: Results from the Pittsburgh Youth Study
by Jolliffe, Darrick & Farrington, David P. & Loeber, Rolf & Pardini, Dustin
- 41-47 The nature and relevance of risk and protective factors for violence among Hispanic children and adolescents: Results from the Boricua Youth Study
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Gonzalez, Jennifer Reingle & Piquero, Alex R. & Bird, Hector & Canino, Glorisa & Maldonado-Molina, Mildred
- 48-53 An examination of change in dynamic risk of offending over time among serious juvenile offenders
by Mulvey, Edward P. & Schubert, Carol A. & Pitzer, Lindsey & Hawes, Samuel & Piquero, Alex & Cardwell, Stephanie
- 54-62 Compensatory and protective factors against violent delinquency in late adolescence: Results from the Montreal longitudinal and experimental study
by Fontaine, Nathalie M.G. & Brendgen, Mara & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, & Richard E.
- 63-70 Risk, promotive, and protective factors in youth offending: Results from the Cambridge study in delinquent development
by Farrington, David P. & Ttofi, Maria M. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 71-77 Understanding youth violence: The mediating effects of gender, poverty and vulnerability
by McAra, Lesley & McVie, Susan
- 78-84 The role of cumulative risk and protection for violent offending
by Andershed, Anna-Karin & Gibson, Chris L. & Andershed, Henrik
- 85-93 Childhood behavior problems and fighting in early adulthood: What factors are protective?
by Vassallo, Suzanne & Edwards, Ben & Forrest, Walter
- 94-100 Risk factors and risk-based protective factors for violent offending: A study of young Victorians
by Hemphill, Sheryl A. & Heerde, Jessica A. & Scholes-Balog, Kirsty E.
2016, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-12 Critical evaluation of psychopathy measurement (PCL-R and SRP-III/SF) and recommendations for future research
by Boduszek, Daniel & Debowska, Agata
- 13-20 The link between poor quality nutrition and childhood antisocial behavior: A genetically informative analysis
by Jackson, Dylan B.
- 21-29 Bringing the physical environment back into neighborhood research: The utility of RTM for developing an aggregate neighborhood risk of crime measure
by Drawve, Grant & Thomas, Shaun A. & Walker, Jeffery T.
- 30-35 The moderating role of psychopathic traits in the relationship between period of confinement and criminal social identity in a sample of juvenile prisoners
by Boduszek, Daniel & Dhingra, Katie & Debowska, Agata
- 36-48 Assessing the racial aspects of police force using the implicit- and counter-bias perspectives
by Fridell, Lorie & Lim, Hyeyoung
- 49-57 The decline and locational shift of automotive theft: A local level analysis
by Hodgkinson, Tarah & Andresen, Martin A. & Farrell, Graham
- 58-65 Formal controls, neighborhood disadvantage, and violent crime in U.S. cities: Examining (un)intended consequences
by Martin, Allison & Wright, Emily M. & Steiner, Benjamin
- 66-76 An empirical test of self-control theory in Roma adolescents
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Jiskrova, Gabriela Ksinan & Ksinan, Albert J. & Blatný, Marek
- 77-88 The relationship between gender and delinquency: Assessing the mediating role of anticipated guilt
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Manasse, Michelle E. & Agnew, Robert & Van Gundy, Karen T. & Cohn, Ellen S.
- 89-98 Incarceration of a family member during childhood is associated with later heart attack: Findings from two large, population-based studies
by White, Bradley A. & Cordie-Garcia, Lydia & Fuller-Thomson, Esme
2015, Volume 43, Issue 6
- 419-430 A “rough test” of a delinquent coping process model of general strain theory
by Jang, Sung Joon & Song, Juyoung
- 431-443 It's all relative: Concentrated disadvantage within and across neighborhoods and communities, and the consequences for neighborhood crime
by Chamberlain, Alyssa W. & Hipp, John R.
- 444-452 Socially disorganized yet safe: Understanding resilience to crime in neighborhoods in New Zealand
by Breetzke, G.D. & Pearson, A.L.
- 453-463 The effects of binge and problem drinking on problem behavior and adjustment over the life course: Findings from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Rocque, Michael & Farrington, David P.
- 464-469 Genotype and haplotype frequencies of the DRD4 VNTR polymorphism in the men with no history of ADHD, convicted of violent crimes
by Cherepkova, Elena V. & Maksimov, Vladimir N. & Aftanas, Lyubomir I. & Menshanov, Petr N.
- 470-479 Exploring the sanction–crime relationship through a lens of procedural justice
by Augustyn, Megan Bears & Ward, Jeffrey T.
- 480-486 Evaluating the impact of police officer body-worn cameras (BWCs) on response-to-resistance and serious external complaints: Evidence from the Orlando police department (OPD) experience utilizing a randomized controlled experiment
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Lynch, Mathew D. & Fridell, Lorie A.
- 487-497 Assessing the salience of gene–environment interplay in the development of anger, family conflict, and physical violence: A biosocial test of General Strain Theory
by Connolly, Eric J. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 498-509 The influence of inmate visitation on the decision to grant parole: An exploratory study
by Rely Vîlcică, E.
- 510-521 The implications of sentence length for inmate adjustment to prison life
by Toman, Elisa L. & Cochran, Joshua C. & Cochran, John K. & Bales, William D.
- 522-531 The protective impact of immigrant concentration on juvenile recidivism: A statewide analysis of youth offenders
by Wolff, Kevin T. & Baglivio, Michael T. & Intravia, Jonathan & Piquero, Alex R.
- 532-543 Is the criminogenic effect of exposure to peer delinquency dependent on the ability to exercise self-control? Results from three countries
by Hirtenlehner, Helmut & Pauwels, Lieven & Mesko, Gorazd
- 544-555 Crime seasonality and the micro-spatial patterns of property crime in Vancouver, BC and Ottawa, ON
by Linning, Shannon J.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 369-376 Early childhood temperament, maternal monitoring, reactive criminal thinking, and the origin(s) of low self-control
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 377-385 The nature and influence of the victim-offender relationship in kidnapping incidents
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Tillyer, Rob & Kelsay, James
- 386-396 Molecular genetic underpinnings of self-control: 5-HTTLPR and self-control in a sample of inmates
by Wells, Jessica & Armstrong, Todd & Boutwell, Brian & Boisvert, Danielle & Flores, Shahida & Symonds, Mary & Gangitano, David
- 397-403 The National Felon League?: A comparison of NFL arrests to general population arrests
by Leal, Wanda & Gertz, Marc & Piquero, Alex R.
- 406-417 From Initial Appearance to Sentencing: Do Female Defendants Experience Disparate Treatment?
by Goulette, Natalie & Wooldredge, John & Frank, James & Travis, Lawrence
- 418-427 Unpacking the relationship between age and prison misconduct
by Valentine, Colby L. & Mears, Daniel P. & Bales, William D.
- 428-436 Assessing the Celerity of Arrest on 3-Year Recidivism Patterns in a Sample of Criminal Defendants
by Zettler, Haley R. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Cardwell, Stephanie M.
- 437-442 Designated as Armed and Dangerous
by Craun, Sarah W. & Detar, Paul J.
- 443-449 Beauchaine ontogenic process model of externalizing psychopathology a biosocial theory of crime and delinquency
by Eme, Robert
2015, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 251-261 Can the causal mechanisms underlying chronic, serious, and violent offending trajectories be elucidated using the psychopathy construct?
by Corrado, Raymond R. & DeLisi, Matt & Hart, Stephen D. & McCuish, Evan C.
- 262-273 Capturing clinical complexity: Towards a personality-oriented measure of psychopathy
by Cooke, David J. & Logan, Caroline
- 274-289 Bringing psychopathy into developmental and life-course criminology theories and research
by Fox, Bryanna H. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Farrington, David P.
- 290-294 Ingredients for Criminality Require Genes, Temperament, and Psychopathic Personality
by DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 295-306 Brain imaging research on psychopathy: Implications for punishment, prediction, and treatment in youth and adults
by Umbach, Rebecca & Berryessa, Colleen M. & Raine, Adrian
- 307-320 Childhood and Adolescent Characteristics of Women with High versus Low Psychopathy Scores: Examining Developmental Precursors to the Malignant Personality Disorder
by Forouzan, Elham & Nicholls, Tonia L.
- 321-326 Psychopathy and violent misconduct in a sample of violent young offenders
by Shaffer, Catherine & McCuish, Evan & Corrado, Raymond R. & Behnken, Monic P. & DeLisi, Matt
- 327-336 A multi-wave cross-lagged regression analysis of the Youth Psychopathic Traits Inventory and Self-Reported Offending
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 337-344 The prevalence of psychopathic personality disturbances among incarcerated youth: Comparing serious, chronic, violent and sex offenders
by Cale, Jesse & Lussier, Patrick & McCuish, Evan & Corrado, Ray
- 345-356 The role of symptoms of psychopathy in persistent violence over the criminal career into full adulthood
by McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond R. & Hart, Stephen D. & DeLisi, Matt
- 357-368 The role of psychopathic traits and developmental risk factors on offending trajectories from early adolescence to adulthood: A prospective study of incarcerated youth
by Corrado, Raymond R. & McCuish, Evan C. & Hart, Stephen D. & DeLisi, Matt
2015, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 175-185 Racial (in)variance in prison rule breaking
by Steiner, Benjamin & Wooldredge, John
- 186-194 Metropolitan local crime clusters: Structural concentration effects and the systemic model
by Johnson, Lallen T. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Groff, Elizabeth R.
- 195-204 On the general relationship between victimization and offending: Examining cultural contingencies
by Posick, Chad & Gould, Laurie A.
- 205-217 Gender and Arrests for Larceny, Fraud, Forgery, and Embezzlement: Conventional or Occupational Property Crime Offenders?
by Steffensmeier, Darrell & Harris, Casey T. & Painter-Davis, Noah
- 218-228 Cost of crime: A systematic review
by Wickramasekera, Nyantara & Wright, Judy & Elsey, Helen & Murray, Jenni & Tubeuf, Sandy
- 229-241 The Relationship between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and Juvenile Offending Trajectories in a Juvenile Offender Sample
by Baglivio, Michael T. & Wolff, Kevin T. & Piquero, Alex R. & Epps, Nathan
- 242-250 Responding to probation and parole violations: Are jail sanctions more effective than community-based graduated sanctions?
by Wodahl, Eric J. & Boman, John H. & Garland, Brett E.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 89-98 Beyond Traditional Interaction: Exploring the functional form of the exposure-offending association across online network size
by McCuddy, Timothy & Vogel, Matt
- 99-107 Offense Pathways of Non-Serial Sexual Killers
by Stefanska, Ewa B. & Carter, Adam J. & Higgs, Tamsin & Bishopp, Daz & Beech, Anthony R.
- 108-121 Criminal stigma, race, and ethnicity: The consequences of imprisonment for employment
by Decker, Scott H. & Ortiz, Natalie & Spohn, Cassia & Hedberg, Eric
- 122-132 Neurobiological Factors as Predictors of Prisoners’ Response to a Cognitive Skills Training
by Cornet, Liza J.M. & van der Laan, Peter H. & Nijman, Henk L.I. & Tollenaar, Nikolaj & de Kogel, Catharina H.
- 133-141 The Importance of Parenting in the Development of Self-Control in Boys and Girls: Results from a Multinational Study of Youth
by Botchkovar, Ekaterina & Marshall, Ineke Haen & Rocque, Michael & Posick, Chad
- 142-151 Heavy drinking ensnares adolescents into crime in early adulthood
by Craig, Jessica M. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 154-163 A shared pathway of antisocial risk: A path model of parent and child effects
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 164-173 Violent victimization, confluence of risks and the nature of criminal behavior: Testing main and interactive effects from Agnew’s extension of General Strain Theory
by Ousey, Graham C. & Wilcox, Pamela & Schreck, Christopher J.
2015, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-11 Perceptions of Police Practice, Cynicism of Police Performance, and Persistent Neighborhood Violence: An Intersecting Relationship
by Corsaro, Nicholas & Frank, James & Ozer, Murat
- 12-19 Does substance misuse moderate the relationship between criminal thinking and recidivism?
by Caudy, Michael S. & Folk, Johanna B. & Stuewig, Jeffrey B. & Wooditch, Alese & Martinez, Andres & Maass, Stephanie & Tangney, June P. & Taxman, Faye S.
- 20-28 Local gangs and residents’ perceptions of unsupervised teen groups: Implications for the incivilities thesis and neighborhood effects
by Blasko, Brandy L. & Roman, Caterina Gouvis & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 29-39 The determination of victim credibility by adult and juvenile sexual assault investigators
by Campbell, Bradley A. & Menaker, Tasha A. & King, William R.
- 40-48 The Impact of Gun Ownership Rates on Crime Rates: A Methodological Review of the Evidence
by Kleck, Gary
- 49-56 The impact of low birth weight and maternal age on adulthood offending
by Vaske, Jamie C. & Newsome, Jamie & Boisvert, Danielle L. & Piquero, Alex R. & Paradis, Angela D. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 59-68 Hirschi’s Reconceptualization of Self-Control: Is Truth Truly the Daughter of Time? Evidence from Eleven Cultures
by Vazsonyi, Alexander T. & Huang, Li
- 69-79 It's Official: Predictors of Self-Reported vs. Officially Recorded Arrests
by Pollock, Wendi & Menard, Scott & Elliott, Delbert S. & Huizinga, David H.
- 80-88 Perceptions of and support for sex offender policies: Testing Levenson, Brannon, Fortney, and Baker’s findings
by Koon-Magnin, Sarah
2014, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 433-442 Implementing Intelligence-Led Policing: An Application of Loose-Coupling Theory
by Carter, Jeremy G. & Phillips, Scott W. & Gayadeen, S. Marlon
- 443-451 The influence of strain on law enforcement legitimacy evaluations
by Ferdik, Frank V.
- 452-461 A biosocial analysis of the sources of missing data in criminological research
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 462-470 Causes and correlates of prison inmate misconduct: A systematic review of the evidence
by Steiner, Benjamin & Butler, H. Daniel & Ellison, Jared M.
- 471-482 On the consequences of ignoring genetic influences in criminological research
by Barnes, J.C. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Gibson, Chris L. & Wright, John P.
- 483-490 Criminal epidemiology and the immigrant paradox: Intergenerational discontinuity in violence and antisocial behavior among immigrants
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P. & Maynard, Brandy R. & Qian, Zhengmin & Terzis, Lauren & Kusow, Abdi M. & DeLisi, Matt
- 491-499 The impact of neighborhood crime levels on police use of force: An examination at micro and meso levels
by Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S. & Lim, Hyeyoung
- 500-506 Correctional destabilization and jail violence: The consequences of prison depopulation legislation
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Trulson, Chad R. & Marquart, James W. & Patten, Ryan & Thomas, Matthew O. & Anderson, Sally
- 507-516 Sex industry exposure over the life course on the onset and frequency of sex offending
by Mancini, Christina & Reckdenwald, Amy & Beauregard, Eric & Levenson, Jill S.
- 517-526 Do the adult criminal careers of African Americans fit the “facts”?
by Doherty, Elaine Eggleston & Ensminger, Margaret E.
- 527-537 Dissecting the relationship between mental illness and return to incarceration
by Wilson, James A. & Wood, Peter B.
- 538-548 General strain theory, exposure to violence, and suicide ideation among police officers: A gendered approach
by Bishopp, Stephen A. & Boots, Denise Paquette
- 549-556 Cops and cameras: Officer perceptions of the use of body-worn cameras in law enforcement
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Fridell, Lorie A. & Lynch, Mathew D.
- 557-567 Assessing stereotypes of adolescent rape
by Williams, Monica & McCarthy, Bill
- 568-578 In the eye of the beholder? An examination of the inter-rater reliability of the LSI-R and YLS/CMI in a correctional agency
by Rocque, Michael & Plummer-Beale, Judy
- 579-588 Revisiting broken windows theory: A test of the mediation impact of social mechanisms on the disorder–fear relationship
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Brunson, Rod K.
- 589-597 The Effects of Suspect Characteristics on Arrest: A Meta-Analysis
by Lytle, Daniel J.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 375-383 Sexual crime and place: The impact of the environmental context on sexual assault outcomes
by Hewitt, Ashley & Beauregard, Eric
- 384-398 A Critical Examination of the “White Victim Effect” and Death Penalty Decision-Making from a Propensity Score Matching Approach: The North Carolina Experience
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Richards, Tara N. & Dwayne Smith, M. & Bjerregaard, Beth & Fogel, Sondra J.
- 399-407 The association between psychopathic personality traits and health-related outcomes
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Nedelec, Joseph L. & da Silva Costa, Christian & Poersch, Ana Paula & Stelmach, Mônica Celis & Freddi, Micheli Cristina & Gajos, Jamie M. & Boccio, Cashen
- 408-420 The persistence of early childhood physical aggression: Examining maternal delinquency and offending, mental health, and cultural differences
by Tzoumakis, Stacy & Lussier, Patrick & Corrado, Raymond R.
- 421-430 Neighborhood factors related to the likelihood of successful informal social control efforts
by Warner, Barbara D.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 309-320 Relational demography and officer occupational attitudes: The influence of workgroup context
by Ingram, Jason R. & Terrill, William
- 321-326 Pathways to early delinquency: Exploring the individual and collective contributions of difficult temperament, low maternal involvement, and externalizing behavior
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 327-337 Fugitives in the United States
by Bierie, David M.
- 338-346 Catching the Really Bad Guys: An Assessment of the Efficacy of the U.S. Criminal Justice System
by Barnes, J.C.
- 347-355 The Impact of Self Control and Neighborhood Disorder on Bullying Victimization
by Holt, Thomas J. & Turner, Michael G. & Lyn Exum, M.
- 356-365 Stability of self-control and gender
by Jo, Youngoh & Bouffard, Leana
- 366-373 Human but not social capital is better able to distinguish between offending trajectories in a sample of serious adolescent Hispanic offenders
by Piquero, Alex R. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Schubert, Carol A.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 85-94 Adolescent self-image as a mediator between childhood maltreatment and adult sexual offending
by Reckdenwald, Amy & Mancini, Christina & Beauregard, Eric
- 95-103 Linking early ADHD to adolescent and early adult outcomes among African Americans
by Behnken, Monic P. & Abraham, W. Todd & Cutrona, Carolyn E. & Russell, Daniel W. & Simons, Ronald L. & Gibbons, Frederick X.
- 111-122 Community re-entry and the path toward desistance: A quasi-experimental longitudinal study of dynamic factors and community risk management of adult sex offenders
by Lussier, Patrick & Gress, Carmen L.Z.
- 123-133 Consistency in crime site selection: An investigation of crime sites used by serial sex offenders across crime series
by Deslauriers-Varin, Nadine & Beauregard, Eric
- 134-144 The Successful Onset of Sex Offending: Determining the Correlates of Actual and Official Onset of Sex Offending
by Mathesius, Jeffrey & Lussier, Patrick
- 145-152 The juvenile sex offender: The effect of employment on offending
by van den Berg, Chantal & Bijleveld, Catrien & Hendriks, Jan & Mooi-Reci, Irma
- 153-163 The adolescence-adulthood transition and Robins’s continuity paradox: Criminal career patterns of juvenile and adult sex offenders in a prospective longitudinal birth cohort study
by Lussier, Patrick & Blokland, Arjan
- 164-172 The long term recidivism risk of young sexual offenders in England and Wales– enduring risk or redemption?
by Hargreaves, Claire & Francis, Brian
- 173-183 Community characteristics and child sexual assault: Social disorganization and age
by Mustaine, Elizabeth Ehrhardt & Tewksbury, Richard & Huff-Corzine, Lin & Corzine, Jay & Marshall, Hollianne
- 184-192 Considering specialization/versatility as an unintended collateral consequence of SORN
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Zgoba, Kristen M. & Donner, Christopher M. & Henderson, Brandy B. & Tewksbury, Richard
- 193-202 To what extent does civil commitment reduce sexual recidivism? Estimating the selective incapacitation effects in Minnesota
by Duwe, Grant
- 203-212 Employing mixed methods to explore motivational patterns of repeat sex offenders
by Reid, Joan A. & Beauregard, Eric & Fedina, Karla M. & Frith, Emily N.
- 213-220 No body, no crime? The role of forensic awareness in avoiding police detection in cases of sexual homicide
by Beauregard, Eric & Martineau, Melissa
- 221-232 Notes on a (sex crime) scandal: The impact of media coverage of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church on public opinion
by Mancini, Christina & Shields, Ryan T.
2014, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-9 False positive and false negative rates in self-reported intentions to offend: A replication and extension
by Exum, M. Lyn & Bailey, Diana & Wright, Eric L.
- 10-25 Foundation for a temperament-based theory of antisocial behavior and criminal justice system involvement
by DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 26-35 A New Look into Broken Windows: What Shapes Individuals’ Perceptions of Social Disorder?
by Hinkle, Joshua C. & Yang, Sue-Ming
- 36-44 Formal and informal control views in China, Japan, and the U.S
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Liu, Jianhong & Saito, Toyoji
- 45-53 Genetic and environmental influences on the co-occurrence of early academic achievement and externalizing behavior
by Newsome, Jamie & Boisvert, Danielle & Wright, John Paul
- 54-65 Do school disciplinary policies have positive social impacts? Examining the attenuating effects of school policies on the relationship between personal and peer delinquency
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Rees, Carter
- 66-76 Psychopathic traits and offending trajectories from early adolescence to adulthood
by McCuish, Evan C. & Corrado, Raymond & Lussier, Patrick & Hart, Stephen D.
- 77-84 Inked into Crime? An Examination of the Causal Relationship between Tattoos and Life-Course Offending among Males from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Fox, Bryanna Hahn & Farrington, David P.
2013, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 365-374 Exploring the Variation in Drug Selling Among Adolescents in the United States
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Salas-Wright, Christopher P.
- 375-385 The relationship between injustice and crime: A general strain theory approach
by Scheuerman, Heather L.
- 386-394 Reconciling questions about dichotomizing variables in criminal justice research
by Iselin, Anne-Marie R. & Gallucci, Marcello & DeCoster, Jamie
- 395-406 Similarities and differences between perceptions of peer delinquency, peer self-reported delinquency, and respondent delinquency: An analysis of friendship dyads
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Boman, John H.
- 407-413 In and out of prison: Do importation factors predict all forms of misconduct or just the more serious ones?
by Walters, Glenn D. & Crawford, Gregory
- 416-425 Do drug courts reduce the use of incarceration?: A meta-analysis
by Sevigny, Eric L. & Fuleihan, Brian K. & Ferdik, Frank V.
- 426-437 Gender as social threat: A study of offender sex, situational factors, gender dynamics and social control
by Bontrager Ryon, Stephanie
- 438-447 Rational choice beyond the classroom: Decision making in offenders versus college students
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Exum, M. Lyn
- 448-451 Preventing Crime is Hard Work: Early Intervention, Developmental Criminology, and the Enduring Legacy of James Q. Wilson
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Farrington, David P.
- 452-457 Dark Knights Rising: The Aurora Theater and Newtown School Massacres and Shareholder Wealth
by Cross, Benjamin W. & Pruitt, Stephen W.
- 458-466 How well do dynamic needs predict recidivism? Implications for risk assessment and risk reduction
by Caudy, Michael S. & Durso, Joseph M. & Taxman, Faye S.
- 467-476 A national population based examination of the association between age-versatility trajectories and recidivism rates
by Yonai, Shachar & Levine, Stephen Z. & Glicksohn, Joseph
2013, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 277-284 The genetic and environmental overlap between aggressive and non-aggressive antisocial behavior in children and adolescents using the self-report delinquency interview (SR-DI)
by Wang, Pan & Niv, Sharon & Tuvblad, Catherine & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 285-291 Aggression and rule-breaking: Heritability and stability of antisocial behavior problems in childhood and adolescence
by Niv, Sharon & Tuvblad, Catherine & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 292-299 Biological protective factors for antisocial and criminal behavior
by Portnoy, Jill & Chen, Frances R. & Raine, Adrian
- 300-308 Genetic and environmental contributions to stability and change in levels of self-control
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Connolly, Eric J. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Al-Ghamdi, Mohammed Said & Kobeisy, Ahmed Nezar
- 309-317 Evidence for a heritable brain basis to deviance-promoting deficits in self-control
by Yancey, James R. & Venables, Noah C. & Hicks, Brian M. & Patrick, Christopher J.
- 318-323 Teenage childbirth and young adult criminal convictions: A quasi-experimental study of criminal outcomes for teenage mothers
by Coyne, Claire A. & Fontaine, Nathalie M.G. & Långström, Niklas & Lichtenstein, Paul & D’Onofrio, Brian M.
- 324-330 Do peer group norms moderate the expression of genetic risk for aggression?
by Brendgen, Mara & Girard, Alain & Vitaro, Frank & Dionne, Ginette & Boivin, Michel
- 331-341 Psychopathic Personality and Negative Parent-to-Child Affect: A Longitudinal Cross-lag Twin Study
by Tuvblad, Catherine & Bezdjian, Serena & Raine, Adrian & Baker, Laura A.
- 342-349 Psychopathic personality and utilitarian moral judgment in college students
by Gao, Yu & Tang, Simone
- 350-356 Genetic risk factors correlate with county-level violent crime rates and collective disadvantage
by Barnes, J.C. & Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 357-363 Stressful life events and adolescent drug use: Moderating influences of the MAOA gene
by Stogner, John M. & Gibson, Chris L.
2013, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 205-212 The effectiveness of public defenders in four Florida counties
by Williams, Marian R.
- 213-219 Does resting heart rate at age 18 distinguish general and violent offending up to age 50? Findings from the Cambridge Study in Delinquent Development
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Farrington, David P.
- 220-227 Unemployment, business cycles, crime, and the Canadian provinces
by Andresen, Martin A.
- 228-242 Keeping promises: A systematic review and a new classification of gang control strategies
by Gravel, Jason & Bouchard, Martin & Descormiers, Karine & Wong, Jennifer S. & Morselli, Carlo
- 243-251 The influence of neuropsychological deficits in early childhood on low self-control and misconduct through early adolescence
by Jackson, Dylan B. & Beaver, Kevin M.