Journal of Criminal Justice
2009, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 404-417 Gender and general strain theory: A replication and exploration of Broidy and Agnew's gender/strain hypothesis among a sample of southwestern Mexican American adolescents
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole L. & Gover, Angela R. & Pérez, Deanna M.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 217-224 Crime reduction outcomes associated with the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program
by Lilley, David & Boba, Rachel
- 225-233 Reasons for death penalty attitudes among Chinese citizens: Retributive or instrumental?
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Nathan, Vincent M.
- 234-240 Drinking and drug use by college students: Comparing criminal justice majors and non-majors
by Gray, M. Kevin & Brown, Kelly L.
- 241-247 The limits of individual control? Perceived officer power and probationer compliance
by Smith, Hayden P. & Applegate, Brandon K. & Sitren, Alicia H. & Springer, Nicolette Fariello
- 248-255 Emotions and terrorism research: A case for a social-psychological agenda
by Rice, Stephen K.
- 256-261 Police hiring and retention of sexual minorities in Georgia and Texas after Lawrence v. Texas
by Coleman, Eric & Cheurprakobkit, Sutham
- 262-272 Race, gender, and the newsworthiness of homicide incidents
by Gruenewald, Jeff & Pizarro, Jesenia & Chermak, Steven M.
- 273-279 Ethnicity, trust, and acceptance of authority among police officers
by De Angelis, Joseph & Kupchik, Aaron
- 280-287 School resource officers and the criminalization of student behavior
by Theriot, Matthew T.
- 288-295 Gender differences in research productivity among criminal justice and criminology scholars
by Snell, Clete & Sorensen, Jon & Rodriguez, John J. & Kuanliang, Attapol
- 296-304 Mandating treatment for drug possessors: The impact of Senate Bill 123 on the criminal justice system in Kansas
by Stemen, Don & Rengifo, Andres F.
- 305-314 An assessment of the empirical validity and conceptualization of individual level multivariate studies of lifestyle/routine activities theory published from 1995 to 2005
by Spano, Richard & Freilich, Joshua D.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 109-113 Crime trends and the effect of mandated drug treatment: Evidence from California's Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act
by Worrall, John L. & Hiromoto, Scott & Merritt, Nancy & Du, Dan & Jacobson, Jerry O. & Iguchi, Martin Y.
- 114-122 Risk factors for potential occupational exposure to HIV: A study of correctional officers
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal
- 123-132 The contextual nature of the family structure/delinquency relationship
by Kierkus, Christopher A. & Hewitt, John D.
- 133-141 Female drug abusers, narcotics offenders, and legal punishment in China
by Liang, Bin & Lu, Hong & Taylor, Melanie
- 142-154 Improving criminal justice through better decision making: Lessons from the medical system
by Mears, Daniel P. & Bacon, Sarah
- 155-162 Attitudes about electronic monitoring: Minority and majority racial group differences
by Payne, Brian K. & DeMichele, Matthew & Okafo, Nonso
- 163-173 A test of social learning and intergenerational transmission among batterers
by Wareham, Jennifer & Boots, Denise Paquette & Chavez, Jorge M.
- 174-179 Crimes of the Big Four motorcycle gangs
by Barker, Thomas & Human, Kelly M.
- 180-189 Exploring the dimensions of trust in the police among Chicago juveniles
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Lurigio, Arthur J. & Greenleaf, Richard G.
- 190-199 The impact of state sentencing policies on the U.S. prison population
by Zhang, Yan & Maxwell, Christopher D. & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 200-208 Identifying variation in police officer behavior between juveniles and adults
by Brown, Robert A. & Novak, Kenneth J. & Frank, James
- 209-215 Studying the correlates of fraud victimization and reporting
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-9 Group and solo robberies: Do accomplices shape criminal form?
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Burton Jr., Velmer S. & Hochstetler, Andy L.
- 10-20 Modeling the politics of punishment: A conceptual and empirical analysis of 'law in action' in criminal sentencing
by Helms, Ronald
- 21-27 Gender differences in effects of teen courts on delinquency: A theory-guided evaluation
by Wilson, Denise M. & Gottfredson, Denise C. & Stickle, Wendy Povitsky
- 28-36 Dimensions of racial segregation, hypersegregation, and Black homicide rates
by Eitle, David
- 37-44 Specialization and versatility in sexual offenders referred for civil commitment
by Harris, Danielle A. & Smallbone, Stephen & Dennison, Susan & Knight, Raymond A.
- 45-54 Attachment as a source of informal social control in urban neighborhoods
by Burchfield, Keri B.
- 55-64 Differences in female and male involvement in lethal violence in Russia
by Eckhardt, Krista & Pridemore, William Alex
- 65-76 Police-probation partnerships: Professional identity and the sharing of coercive power
by Murphy, David & Lutze, Faith
- 77-84 Self-control, attachment, and deviance among Hispanic adolescents
by Miller, Holly Ventura & Jennings, Wesley G. & Alvarez-Rivera, Lorna L. & Lanza-Kaduce, Lonn
- 85-97 Improving performance in a Swedish police traffic unit: Results of an intervention
by Pritchard, Robert D. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Malm, Kenneth & Agrell, Anders
- 98-106 General strain theory, key strains, and deviance
by Moon, Byongook & Hays, Kraig & Blurton, David
2008, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 471-477 A comparison of Latino and White citizen satisfaction with police
by McCluskey, John D. & McCluskey, Cynthia Perez & Enriquez, Roger
- 478-485 Genetic influences on the stability of low self-control: Results from a longitudinal sample of twins
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 486-493 The moderating effects of religiosity on the relationship between stressful life events and delinquent behavior
by Johnson, Matthew C. & Morris, Robert G.
- 494-502 Moving ahead: Five essential elements for working effectively with girls
by Matthews, Betsy & Hubbard, Dana Jones
- 503-512 The irony of broken windows policing: A micro-place study of the relationship between disorder, focused police crackdowns and fear of crime
by Hinkle, Joshua C. & Weisburd, David
- 513-521 Female inmates, family caregivers, and young children's adjustment: A research agenda and implications for corrections programming
by Cecil, Dawn K. & McHale, James & Strozier, Anne & Pietsch, Joel
- 522-528 Examining the displacement practices of johns with on-line data
by Holt, Thomas J. & Blevins, Kristie R. & Kuhns, Joseph B.
- 529-538 Effect of broken windows enforcement on clearance rates
by Jang, Hyunseok & Hoover, Larry T. & Lawton, Brian A.
- 539-545 A cognitive therapy treatment program for repeat DUI offenders
by Moore, Kathleen A. & Harrison, Melissa & Young, M. Scott & Ochshorn, Ezra
- 546-553 Fear of crime in two post-socialist capital cities - Ljubljana, Slovenia and Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Mesko, Gorazd & Fallshore, Marte & Muratbegovic, Elmedin & Fields, Charles
- 554-562 College students' alcohol-related problems: A test of competing theories
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Longazel, Jamie G.
- 563-572 What is good criminal justice theory?
by Crank, John P. & Bowman, Blythe A.
2008, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 381-388 Examining the predictors of juvenile probation officers' rehabilitation orientation
by Lopez, Vera & Russell, Margaret
- 389-395 The effect of faith program participation on prison misconduct: The Life Connections Program
by Camp, Scott D. & Daggett, Dawn M. & Kwon, Okyun & Klein-Saffran, Jody
- 396-402 The influence of perceptions of social disorder and victimization on business owners' decisions to use guardianship strategies
by Casten, John A. & Payne, Brian K.
- 403-415 Does social capital deter youth from cheating, alcohol use, and violence in Turkey?: Bringing torpil in
by Özbay, Özden
- 416-425 Using GIS to evaluate post-release prisoner services in Newark, New Jersey
by Mellow, Jeff & Schlager, Melinda D. & Caplan, Joel M.
- 426-434 Female officers and the ethic of care: Does officer gender impact police behaviors?
by Rabe-Hemp, Cara E.
- 435-443 Trajectories of non-intimate partner and intimate partner homicides, 1980-1999: The importance of rurality
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 444-452 Sentencing rationales, judicial discretion, and the practice of criminal fines in Israel
by Einat, Tomer
- 453-460 The deterrent effect of executions: A meta-analysis thirty years after Ehrlich
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
- 461-468 Determining the correlates of police victimization: An analysis of organizational level factors on injurious assaults
by Wilson, Steve & Zhao, Jihong
2008, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 293-300 Dynamic systems simulation analysis: A planning tool for the new century
by Auerhahn, Kathleen
- 301-306 School violence prevention measures: School officials' attitudes about various strategies
by Time, Victoria & Payne, Brian K.
- 307-315 Police criminal charging decisions: An examination of post-arrest decision-making
by Phillips, Scott W. & Varano, Sean P.
- 316-325 Liberal versus conservative public policies on crime: What was the comparative track record during the 1990s?
by Ren, Ling & Zhao, Jihong & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 326-331 Predicting turnover of police officers using the sixteen personality factor questionnaire
by Drew, Jacqueline & Carless, Sally A. & Thompson, Briony M.
- 332-343 Pulling levers focused deterrence strategies and the prevention of gun homicide
by Braga, Anthony A.
- 344-353 Measuring criminal justice technology outputs: The case of Title III wiretap productivity, 1987-2005
by Nunn, Samuel
- 354-361 The consumer racial profiling experiences of Black students at historically Black colleges and universities: An exploratory study
by Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Craig, Ronald & Okafo, Nonso & Marzette, Lakiesha N. & Peterson, Steven A.
- 362-371 Sentencing policy and disparity: Guidelines and the influence of legal and democratic subcultures
by Crow, Matthew S. & Gertz, Marc
- 372-378 Finding fit: The nature of a successful faculty employment search in criminal justice
by Burns, Ronald G. & Kinkade, Patrick
2008, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 209-216 Spousal homicides in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 217-223 The etiology of criminal onset: The enduring salience of nature and nurture
by DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 224-230 Challenges responding to sexual violence: Differences between college campuses and communities
by Payne, Brian K.
- 231-239 Stressors, coping resources and strategies, and police stress in South Korea
by Morash, Merry & Kwak, Dae-Hoon & Hoffman, Vincent & Lee, Chang Hun & Cho, Sun Ho & Moon, Byongook
- 240-243 Spuriousness or mediation? Broken windows according to Sampson and Raudenbush (1999)
by Gault, Martha & Silver, Eric
- 244-251 Beyond parenting: An examination of the etiology of self-control
by Meldrum, Ryan Charles
- 252-261 The sexual stratification hypothesis revisited: Testing assumptions about simple versus aggravated rape
by Tellis, Katharine M. & Spohn, Cassia C.
- 262-269 The current state of gender-specific delinquency programming
by Foley, Allison
- 270-278 Racial and ethnic perceptions of injustice: Testing the core hypotheses of comparative conflict theory
by Buckler, Kevin & Unnever, James D.
- 279-290 Gender, race, and formal court decision-making outcomes: Chivalry/paternalism, conflict theory or gender conflict?
by Franklin, Cortney A. & Fearn, Noelle E.
2008, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-114 Social support, ethnic heterogeneity, and homicide: A cross-national approach
by Altheimer, Irshad
- 115-125 Public housing and the fear of crime
by DeLone, Gregory J.
- 126-137 Juvenile recidivism and length of stay
by Winokur, Kristin Parsons & Smith, Alisa & Bontrager, Stephanie R. & Blankenship, Julia L.
- 138-153 The intersection of racial profiling research and the law
by Tillyer, Rob & Engel, Robin S. & Wooldredge, John
- 154-164 Carrying weapons to school for protection: An analysis of the 2001 school crime supplement data
by Cao, Liqun & Zhang, Yan & He, Ni
- 165-173 Risk assessment: Identifying patterns of risk in young offenders with the Youth Level of Service/Case Management Inventory
by Onifade, Eyitayo & Davidson, William & Livsey, Sarah & Turke, Garrett & Horton, Chris & Malinowski, Jill & Atkinson, Dan & Wimberly, Dominique
- 174-181 The effect of school classroom characteristics on low self-control: A multilevel analysis
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & Maume, Michael O.
- 182-189 Criminal justice pioneers: A content analysis of biographical data
by Ross, Lee E.
- 190-197 Domestic violence and criminal justice training needs of social services workers
by Payne, Brian K.
- 198-206 Racial prejudice, perceived injustice, and the Black-White gap in punitive attitudes
by Johnson, Devon
2008, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-10 Tokenism in policing: An empirical test of Kanter's hypothesis
by Gustafson, Joseph L.
- 11-21 Scholarly influence in criminology and criminal justice journals in 1990-2000
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Farrington, David P.
- 22-32 The impact of situational factors, officer characteristics, and neighborhood context on police behavior: A multilevel analysis
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Payne, Brian K. & Wu, Yuning
- 33-42 Were Wolfgang's chronic offenders psychopaths? On the convergent validity between psychopathy and career criminality
by Vaughn, Michael G. & DeLisi, Matt
- 43-49 Public versus private defense: Can money buy justice?
by Rattner, Arye & Turjeman, Hagit & Fishman, Gideon
- 50-60 Public perceptions of white-collar crime and punishment
by Holtfreter, Kristy & Van Slyke, Shanna & Bratton, Jason & Gertz, Marc
- 61-71 The influences of incident and contextual characteristics on crime clearance of nonlethal violence: A multilevel event history analysis
by Roberts, Aki
- 72-80 Self-control, gender, and deviance among Turkish university students
by Özbay, Özden
- 81-89 Comprehensive examination reading lists as indicators of scholar impact and significance
by Giblin, Matthew J. & Schafer, Joseph A.
- 90-101 Measuring the impact of a targeted law enforcement initiative on drug sales
by Robinson, Jennifer B.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 581-595 Policing domestic violence: Does officer gender matter?
by Sun, Ivan Y.
- 596-611 Exploring the utility of general strain theory in explaining problematic alcohol consumption by police officers
by Swatt, Marc L. & Gibson, Chris L. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 612-621 Type of contact and evaluations of police officers: The effects of procedural justice across three types of police-citizen contacts
by Wells, William
- 622-629 Age of greatest risk for victimization by forced sexual intercourse: Vulnerability of high school women
by Johnson, Ida & Morgan, Etta & Sigler, Robert
- 630-643 Parenthood and adult criminal offending: The importance of relationship quality
by Ganem, Natasha M. & Agnew, Robert
- 644-656 The impact of distributive and procedural justice on correctional staff job stress, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment
by Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Griffin, Marie L.
- 657-666 Work place violence and negative affective responses: A test of Agnew's general strain theory
by Hinduja, Sameer
- 667-682 Towards rational and evidence-based crime policy
by Mears, Daniel P.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 471-484 Differentiating among racial/ethnic groups and its implications for understanding juvenile justice decision making
by Leiber, Michael J. & Johnson, Joseph & Fox, Kristan & Lacks, Robyn
- 485-497 Prisonization and accounts of gun carrying
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Pogrebin, Mark & Unnithan, N. Prabha & Venor, Gerry
- 498-510 Victims' perceptions of police response to domestic violence incidents
by Johnson, Ida M.
- 511-523 Considering the efficacy of situational crime prevention in schools
by O'Neill, Lauren & McGloin, Jean Marie
- 524-536 Citizen assessment of local criminal courts: Does fairness matter?
by Buckler, Kevin & Cullen, Francis T. & Unnever, James D.
- 537-545 Investigating the impact of extended bar closing times on police stops for DUI
by Bouffard, Leana Allen & Bergeron, Lindsey Ellen & Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 546-555 Operationalizing risk: The influence of measurement choice on the prevalence and correlates of prison violence among incarcerated murderers
by Sorensen, Jon R. & Cunningham, Mark D.
- 556-569 Stalking acknowledgement and reporting among college women experiencing intrusive behaviors: Implications for the emergence of a "classic stalking case"
by Jordan, Carol E. & Wilcox, Pamela & Pritchard, Adam J.
- 570-578 A note on the status of discretion in police research
by Nickels, Ernest L.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 351-363 Predicting crime story salience: A replication
by Chermak, Steven & Chapman, Nicole M.
- 365-378 Duration of the time to reconviction: Evidence from UK prisoner discharge data
by Bowles, Roger Arthur & Florackis, Chrisostomos
- 379-389 Convicting and incarcerating felony offenders of intimate assault and the odds of new assault charges
by Wooldredge, John
- 391-403 Roles of neighborhood race and status in the middle stages of juror selection
by Taylor, Ralph B. & Ratcliffe, Jerry H. & Dote, Lillian & Lawton, Brian A.
- 405-417 Race and repeats: The impact of officer performance on racially biased policing
by Bostaph, Lisa Growette
- 419-431 Interpersonal violent crime in Ghana: The case of assault in Accra
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 433-451 The long-term impact of restorative justice programming for juvenile offenders
by Bergseth, Kathleen J. & Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 453-465 How does reactivity affect police behavior? Describing and quantifying the impact of reactivity as behavioral change in a large-scale observational study of police
by Spano, Richard
- 467-465 Erratum to "Correlates of formal and informal social/crime control in China: An exploratory study" [Journal of Criminal Justice 35(3) (2007) 261-271]
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric & Wang, Jin
2007, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 239-249 Job demands, job resources, and burnout among police officers
by Martinussen, M. & Richardsen, A.M. & Burke, R.J.
- 251-260 Rural jails: Problematic inmates, overcrowded cells, and cash-strapped counties
by Ruddell, Rick & Mays, G. Larry
- 261-271 Correlates of formal and informal social/crime control in China: An exploratory study
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric & Wang, Jin
- 273-281 Reducing lockup crowding with expedited initial processing of minor offenders
by Baumer, Terry L.
- 283-296 The effect of maternal incarceration on adult offspring involvement in the criminal justice system
by Huebner, Beth M. & Gustafson, Regan
- 297-311 Community structural predictors of spatially aggregated motor vehicle theft rates: Do they replicate?
by Walsh, Jeffrey A. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 313-321 Local law enforcement terrorism prevention efforts: A state level case study
by Pelfrey Jr., William V.
- 323-336 Politics, culture, and political crime: Covariates of abortion clinic attacks in the United States
by Freilich, Joshua D. & Pridemore, William Alex
- 337-347 Restorative justice practice: An examination of program completion and recidivism
by de Beus, Kimberly & Rodriguez, Nancy
2007, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 119-136 Self-control, risky lifestyles, and situation: The role of opportunity and context in the general theory
by Baron, Stephen W. & Forde, David R. & Kay, Fiona M.
- 137-150 Police officer performance appraisal and overall satisfaction
by Lilley, David & Hinduja, Sameer
- 151-163 Do perceptions of punishment vary between white-collar and street crimes?
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Carmichael, Stephanie & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 165-181 Vehicle stops by police for driving while Black: Common problems and some tentative solutions
by Kowalski, Brian R. & Lundman, Richard J.
- 183-192 Officer force versus suspect resistance: A gendered analysis of patrol officers in an urban police department
by Bazley, Thomas D. & Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Thomas
- 193-203 Public perceptions of police misconduct and discrimination: Examining the impact of media consumption
by Dowler, Kenneth & Zawilski, Valerie
- 205-218 Investigating the theoretical construct and invariance of the self-control scale using confirmatory factor analysis
by Williams, Mei Wah M. & Fletcher, Richard B. & Ronan, Kevin R.
- 219-233 Inevitable, influential, or unnecessary? Exploring the utility of genetic explanation for delinquent behavior
by McCartan, Lisa M.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-15 Can general strain theory explain white-collar crime? A preliminary investigation of the relationship between strain and select white-collar offenses
by Langton, Lynn & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 17-27 Hispanics and the death penalty: Discriminatory charging practices in San Joaquin County, California
by Lee, Catherine
- 29-37 Driving across campus: Assessing the impact of drivers' race and gender on police traffic enforcement actions
by Moon, Byongook & Corley, Charles J.
- 39-50 Robberies with guns: Neighborhood factors and the nature of crime
by Warner, Barbara D.
- 51-67 Reassessing the family-delinquency association: Do family type, family processes, and economic factors make a difference?
by Mack, Kristin Y. & Leiber, Michael J. & Featherstone, Richard A. & Monserud, Maria A.
- 69-79 The invention of Peel's principles: A study of policing `textbook' history
by Lentz, Susan A. & Chaires, Robert H.
- 81-87 The relationship between crime and "objective" versus "subjective" strains
by Froggio, Giacinto & Agnew, Robert
- 89-101 Routine crime in exceptional times: The impact of the 2002 Winter Olympics on citizen demand for police services
by Decker, Scott H. & Varano, Sean P. & Greene, Jack R.
- 103-116 The noble cause: An empirical assessment
by Crank, John & Flaherty, Dan & Giacomazzi, Andrew
2006, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 569-578 The effect of local political culture on policing behaviors in the 1990s: A retest of Wilson's theory in more contemporary times
by Zhao, Jihong & He, Ni & Lovrich, Nicholas
- 579-589 The effect of police-probation partnerships on juvenile arrests
by Worrall, John L. & Gaines, Larry K.
- 591-604 Understanding and assessing school police officers: A conceptual and methodological comment
by Brown, Ben
- 605-617 Toward a better understanding of racial and ethnic disparities in search and seizure rates
by Engel, Robin S. & Johnson, Richard
- 619-629 "Drop the clipboard and help me!": The determinants of observer behavior in police encounters with suspects
by Spano, Richard & Reisig, Michael D.
- 631-642 The correctional melting pot: Race, ethnicity, citizenship, and prison violence
by Berg, Mark T. & DeLisi, Matt
- 643-651 Race matters: A critical look at racial profiling, it's a matter for the courts
by Birzer, Michael L. & Birzer, Gwynne Harris
- 653-660 Police chiefs' and students' attitudes about the Miranda warnings
by Payne, Brian K. & Time, Victoria & Gainey, Randy R.
- 661-674 Methamphetamine use and violence among young adults
by Baskin-Sommers, Arielle & Sommers, Ira
2006, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 457-467 Citizens' perceptions of the courts: The impact of race, gender, and recent experience
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Wu, Yuning
- 469-478 Low self-control and parole failure: An assessment of risk from a theoretical perspective
by Langton, Lynn
- 479-491 Work-related well-being in the South African Police Service
by Mostert, Karina & Rothmann, Sebastiaan
- 493-506 Sentencing practices under the Arkansas sentencing guideline structure
by Hartley, Richard D. & Maddan, Sean & Walker, Jeffery T.
- 507-514 Of Athenians and Spartans: Profiles of freedom and enlightenment in the leadership styles of criminal justice academic administrators: An essay
by Souryal, Sam S.
- 515-522 Gender differences in perceptions for women's participation in unwanted sexual intercourse
by Morgan, Etta & Johnson, Ida & Sigler, Robert
- 523-529 Predicting outcome with the Level of Service Inventory-Revised: The importance of implementation integrity
by Flores, Anthony W. & Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Holsinger, Alexander M. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 531-541 Early onset offending and later violent and gun outcomes in a contemporary youth cohort
by McCluskey, Cynthia Perez & McCluskey, John D. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 543-555 Bureaucracy, managerial disorganization, and administrative breakdown in criminal justice agencies
by Dias, Clarissa Freitas & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 557-565 Effect of drug treatment during work release on new arrests and incarcerations
by Butzin, Clifford A. & O'Connell, Daniel J. & Martin, Steven S. & Inciardi, James A.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 341-350 The cost benefits of providing community-based correctional services: An evaluation of a statewide parole program in California
by Zhang, Sheldon X. & Roberts, Robert E.L. & Callanan, Valerie J.
- 351-367 Faith-based efforts to improve prisoner reentry: Assessing the logic and evidence
by Mears, Daniel P. & Roman, Caterina G. & Wolff, Ashley & Buck, Janeen
- 369-381 Understanding the causes of disproportionate minority contact: Results of focus group discussions
by Kakar, Suman
- 383-392 Sex, lies, and videotape: The presentation of sex crime in local television news
by Dowler, Kenneth
- 393-400 The scholarly productivity of institutions and their faculty in leading criminology and criminal justice journals
by Steiner, Benjamin & Schwartz, John
- 401-412 Examining the empirical relationship between prison crowding and inmate misconduct: A meta-analysis of conflicting research results
by Franklin, Travis W. & Franklin, Cortney A. & Pratt, Travis C.
- 413-424 A comparison between the Intercept Oral Fluid Collection Device(R) and urinalysis among Baltimore City probationers
by Yacoubian, George Jr. & Cone, Edward J.
- 425-433 Juvenile justice reform and the courtroom workgroup: Issues of perception and workload
by Gebo, Erika & Stracuzzi, Nena F. & Hurst, Valerie
- 435-442 Confounding influences on police detection of suspiciousness
by Johnson, Richard R.
- 443-452 Social and economic implications of family connections to prisoners
by Christian, Johnna & Mellow, Jeff & Thomas, Shenique
- 453-452 Erratum to "What methods are most frequently used in research in criminology and criminal justice?" [Journal of Criminal Justice 34(2) (2006) 147-152]
by Kleck, Gary & Tark, Jongyeon & Bellows, Jon J.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 227-235 Exploring white-collar crime and the American dream: A partial test of institutional anomie theory
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 237-249 Class and self-reported juvenile delinquency: Evidence from Turkey
by Ozbay, Ozden
- 251-259 Theoretical consideration of female sexual predator serial killers in the United States
by Silvio, Heather & McCloskey, Kathy & Ramos-Grenier, Julia
- 261-274 Violent victimization and involvement in delinquency: Examining predictions from general strain theory
by Hay, Carter & Evans, Michelle M.
- 275-283 Public definitions and endorsement of the criminalization of elder abuse
by Morgan, Etta & Johnson, Ida & Sigler, Robert
- 285-301 Fear of crime and criminal victimization: Gender-based contrasts
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Huebner, Beth M. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 303-316 Race, economic inequality, and violent crime
by Stolzenberg, Lisa & Eitle, David & D'Alessio, Stewart J.
- 317-329 Linking crime rates to relationship factors: The use of gender-specific data
by Lo, Celia C. & Zhong, Hua
- 331-337 Exploring the validity of the Level of Service Inventory-Revised with Native American offenders
by Holsinger, Alexander M. & Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Latessa, Edward J.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 119-130 Modernization and crime patterns in China
by Liu, Jianhong
- 131-145 Alcohol and aggression: An integration of findings from experimental studies
by Exum, M. Lyn
- 147-152 What methods are most frequently used in research in criminology and criminal justice?
by Kleck, Gary & Tark, Jongyeon & Bellows, Jon J.
- 153-163 Exploring theoretical linkages between self-control theory and criminal justice system processing
by DeLisi, Matt & Berg, Mark T.
- 165-174 Alcohol addiction and perceived sanction risks: Deterring drinking drivers
by Yu, Jiang & Evans, Peggy Chin & Clark, Lucia Perfetti
- 175-183 An empirical assessment of employee theft lawsuits involving allegations of employer misconduct
by Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Patrick, Patricia A. & Peterson, Steven A.
- 185-194 Does acceptance of corporate wrongdoing begin on the "training ground" of professional managers?
by Yu, Olivia & Zhang, Lening
- 195-207 Explaining gang homicides in Newark, New Jersey: Collective behavior or social disorganization?
by Pizarro, Jesenia M. & McGloin, Jean Marie
- 209-223 Street youth, strain theory, and crime
by Baron, Stephen W.
2006, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-16 A test of recent subcultural explanations of White violence in the United States
by Pridemore, William Alex & Freilich, Joshua D.
- 17-26 Zeroing in on early arrest onset: Results from a population of extreme career criminals
by DeLisi, Matt