Journal of Criminal Justice
2010, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 193-206 Organizational factors that contribute to police deadly force liability
by Lee, Hoon & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 207-215 Where juvenile serious offenders live: A neighborhood analysis of Wayne County, Michigan
by Ng, Irene Y.H.
- 216-225 Problem officers? Analyzing problem behavior patterns from a large cohort
by Harris, Christopher J.
2010, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-6 Public preferences for rehabilitation versus incarceration of juvenile offenders
by Piquero, Alex R. & Steinberg, Laurence
- 7-16 The relationship among distributive and procedural justice and correctional life satisfaction, burnout, and turnover intent: An exploratory study
by Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Jiang, Shanhe & Elechi, O. Oko & Benjamin, Barbaranne & Morris, Angela & Laux, John M. & Dupuy, Paula
- 17-24 Investigating the effects of peer association and parental influence on adolescent substance use: A study of adolescents in South Korea
by Kim, Eunyoung & Kwak, Dae-Hoon & Yun, Minwoo
- 25-33 Drug courts for DWI offenders? The effectiveness of two hybrid drug courts on DWI offenders
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Richardson, Katie A. & Franklin, Travis
- 34-41 Interracial contact and fear of crime
by Mears, Daniel P. & Stewart, Eric A.
- 42-50 A tale of three cities: Crime and displacement after Hurricane Katrina
by Varano, Sean P. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Cancino, Jeffrey M. & Decker, Scott H. & Greene, Jack R.
- 51-56 The role of race/ethnicity and race relations on public opinion related to the immigration and crime link
by Higgins, George E. & Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Martin, Favian
- 57-68 Determinants of public confidence in police: An international perspective
by Jang, Hyunseok & Joo, Hee-Jong & Zhao, Jihong (Solomon)
- 69-76 Rating the prison boss: Examining supervision among prison health care staff
by Garland, Brett & McCarty, William
- 77-87 Are police-reported driving while Black data a valid indicator of the race and ethnicity of the traffic law violators police stop? A negative answer with minor qualifications
by Lundman, Richard J.
- 88-98 The impacts of the Virginia Tech and Northern Illinois University shootings on fear of crime on campus
by Kaminski, Robert J. & Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Thompson, Norma Stewart & Weiss, Douglas
- 99-107 Determinants of attitudes toward police of Latino immigrants and non-immigrants
by Correia, Mark E.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 525-533 The gender gap in death penalty support: An exploratory study
by Cochran, John K. & Sanders, Beth A.
- 534-541 The impact of race on criminal justice ideology: An examination of high school students
by Hurst, Yolander G. & Nation, Denise D.
- 542-552 The impact of agency context, policies, and practices on violence against police
by Fridell, Lorie & Faggiani, Don & Taylor, Bruce & Brito, Corina Sole & Kubu, Bruce
- 553-563 Constructing crime: Neighborhood characteristics and police recording behavior
by Varano, Sean P. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Cancino, Jeffrey Michael & Swatt, Marc L.
- 564-575 Race, driving, and police organization: Modeling moving and nonmoving traffic stops with citizen self-reports of driving practices
by Miller, Kirk
- 576-585 Structural correlates of female homicide: A cross-national analysis
by Agha, Suzanne
- 586-595 The place of public fear in sentencing and correctional policy
by Cook, Carrie L. & Lane, Jodi
- 596-607 The assessment of risk to recidivate among a juvenile offending population
by Baglivio, Michael T.
- 608-616 Differential effects of an offender-focused crime prevention media campaign
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Guerette, Rob T.
- 617-626 The problem of human trafficking in the U.S.: Public frames and policy responses
by Farrell, Amy & Fahy, Stephanie
- 627-635 Immigrants, assimilation, and perceived school disorder: An examination of the "other" ethnicities
by Watkins, Adam M. & Melde, Chris
2009, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 419-426 Predictors of job satisfaction among police officers: Does personality matter?
by Miller, Holly A. & Mire, Scott & Kim, Bitna
- 427-434 Ethnic and immigrant residential concentration, and crime rates
by Herzog, Sergio
- 435-441 How staff attitude and support for inmate treatment and rehabilitation differs by job category: An evaluation of findings from Pennsylvania's Department of Corrections' employee training curriculum 'Reinforcing Positive Behavior'
by Young, Jacqueline L. & Antonio, Michael E. & Wingeard, Lisa M.
- 442-451 Street youths' violent responses to violent personal, vicarious, and anticipated strain
by Baron, Stephen W.
- 452-460 Examining the "CSI-effect" in the cases of circumstantial evidence and eyewitness testimony: Multivariate and path analyses
by Kim, Young S. & Barak, Gregg & Shelton, Donald E.
- 461-471 Explaining criminal victimization in Taiwan: A lifestyle approach
by Kuo, Shih-Ya & Cuvelier, Steven J. & Chang, Kuang-Ming
- 472-477 Correlates of currency counterfeiting
by Morris, Robert G. & Copes, Heith & Perry-Mullis, Kendra
- 478-487 Self-control, differential association, and gang membership: A theoretical and empirical extension of the literature
by Kissner, Jason & Pyrooz, David C.
- 488-495 Juvenile attitudes towards the police: The importance of subcultural involvement and community ties
by Brick, Bradley T. & Taylor, Terrance J. & Esbensen, Finn-Aage
- 496-504 Why do people support gun control?: Alternative explanations of support for handgun bans
by Kleck, Gary & Gertz, Marc & Bratton, Jason
- 505-511 An assessment of the relative impact of criminal justice and criminology journals
by Sorensen, Jon R.
- 512-522 Gender differences in police officers' attitudes: Assessing current empirical evidence
by Poteyeva, Margarita & Sun, Ivan Y.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 317-327 Public views of illegal migration policy and control strategies: A test of the core hypotheses
by Buckler, Kevin & Swatt, Marc L. & Salinas, Patti
- 328-332 African American women on the possibilities of a relationship with an ex-offender
by Gibson, Camille & Roberson, Dominique & Daniel, Angela
- 333-341 Attracting females and racial/ethnic minorities to law enforcement
by Jordan, William T. & Fridell, Lorie & Faggiani, Donald & Kubu, Bruce
- 342-352 Officer gender and traffic ticket decisions: Police blue or women too?
by Lundman, Richard J.
- 353-359 Exploring the perceived extent of and citizens' support for consumer racial profiling: Results from a national poll
by Jordan, Kareem L. & Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Higgins, George E.
- 360-370 Measuring media oriented terrorism
by Surette, Ray & Hansen, Kelly & Noble, Greg
- 371-378 Victimization as a cause of delinquency: The role of depression and gender
by Manasse, Michelle Eileen & Ganem, Natasha Morgan
- 379-387 Adolescent maltreatment, negative emotion, and delinquency: An assessment of general strain theory and family-based strain
by Hollist, Dusten R. & Hughes, Lorine A. & Schaible, Lonnie M.
- 388-395 An economic analysis of the in-prison therapeutic community model on prison management costs
by Zhang, Sheldon X. & Roberts, Robert E.L. & McCollister, Kathryn E.
- 396-403 Trippin' on Sally D: Exploring predictors of Salvia divinorum experimentation
by Miller, Bryan Lee & Griffin III, O. Hayden & Gibson, Chris L. & Khey, David N.
- 404-417 Gender and general strain theory: A replication and exploration of Broidy and Agnew's gender/strain hypothesis among a sample of southwestern Mexican American adolescents
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Nicole L. & Gover, Angela R. & Pérez, Deanna M.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 217-224 Crime reduction outcomes associated with the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program
by Lilley, David & Boba, Rachel
- 225-233 Reasons for death penalty attitudes among Chinese citizens: Retributive or instrumental?
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Nathan, Vincent M.
- 234-240 Drinking and drug use by college students: Comparing criminal justice majors and non-majors
by Gray, M. Kevin & Brown, Kelly L.
- 241-247 The limits of individual control? Perceived officer power and probationer compliance
by Smith, Hayden P. & Applegate, Brandon K. & Sitren, Alicia H. & Springer, Nicolette Fariello
- 248-255 Emotions and terrorism research: A case for a social-psychological agenda
by Rice, Stephen K.
- 256-261 Police hiring and retention of sexual minorities in Georgia and Texas after Lawrence v. Texas
by Coleman, Eric & Cheurprakobkit, Sutham
- 262-272 Race, gender, and the newsworthiness of homicide incidents
by Gruenewald, Jeff & Pizarro, Jesenia & Chermak, Steven M.
- 273-279 Ethnicity, trust, and acceptance of authority among police officers
by De Angelis, Joseph & Kupchik, Aaron
- 280-287 School resource officers and the criminalization of student behavior
by Theriot, Matthew T.
- 288-295 Gender differences in research productivity among criminal justice and criminology scholars
by Snell, Clete & Sorensen, Jon & Rodriguez, John J. & Kuanliang, Attapol
- 296-304 Mandating treatment for drug possessors: The impact of Senate Bill 123 on the criminal justice system in Kansas
by Stemen, Don & Rengifo, Andres F.
- 305-314 An assessment of the empirical validity and conceptualization of individual level multivariate studies of lifestyle/routine activities theory published from 1995 to 2005
by Spano, Richard & Freilich, Joshua D.
2009, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 109-113 Crime trends and the effect of mandated drug treatment: Evidence from California's Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act
by Worrall, John L. & Hiromoto, Scott & Merritt, Nancy & Du, Dan & Jacobson, Jerry O. & Iguchi, Martin Y.
- 114-122 Risk factors for potential occupational exposure to HIV: A study of correctional officers
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal
- 123-132 The contextual nature of the family structure/delinquency relationship
by Kierkus, Christopher A. & Hewitt, John D.
- 133-141 Female drug abusers, narcotics offenders, and legal punishment in China
by Liang, Bin & Lu, Hong & Taylor, Melanie
- 142-154 Improving criminal justice through better decision making: Lessons from the medical system
by Mears, Daniel P. & Bacon, Sarah
- 155-162 Attitudes about electronic monitoring: Minority and majority racial group differences
by Payne, Brian K. & DeMichele, Matthew & Okafo, Nonso
- 163-173 A test of social learning and intergenerational transmission among batterers
by Wareham, Jennifer & Boots, Denise Paquette & Chavez, Jorge M.
- 174-179 Crimes of the Big Four motorcycle gangs
by Barker, Thomas & Human, Kelly M.
- 180-189 Exploring the dimensions of trust in the police among Chicago juveniles
by Flexon, Jamie L. & Lurigio, Arthur J. & Greenleaf, Richard G.
- 190-199 The impact of state sentencing policies on the U.S. prison population
by Zhang, Yan & Maxwell, Christopher D. & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 200-208 Identifying variation in police officer behavior between juveniles and adults
by Brown, Robert A. & Novak, Kenneth J. & Frank, James
- 209-215 Studying the correlates of fraud victimization and reporting
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
2009, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-9 Group and solo robberies: Do accomplices shape criminal form?
by Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Burton Jr., Velmer S. & Hochstetler, Andy L.
- 10-20 Modeling the politics of punishment: A conceptual and empirical analysis of 'law in action' in criminal sentencing
by Helms, Ronald
- 21-27 Gender differences in effects of teen courts on delinquency: A theory-guided evaluation
by Wilson, Denise M. & Gottfredson, Denise C. & Stickle, Wendy Povitsky
- 28-36 Dimensions of racial segregation, hypersegregation, and Black homicide rates
by Eitle, David
- 37-44 Specialization and versatility in sexual offenders referred for civil commitment
by Harris, Danielle A. & Smallbone, Stephen & Dennison, Susan & Knight, Raymond A.
- 45-54 Attachment as a source of informal social control in urban neighborhoods
by Burchfield, Keri B.
- 55-64 Differences in female and male involvement in lethal violence in Russia
by Eckhardt, Krista & Pridemore, William Alex
- 65-76 Police-probation partnerships: Professional identity and the sharing of coercive power
by Murphy, David & Lutze, Faith
- 77-84 Self-control, attachment, and deviance among Hispanic adolescents
by Miller, Holly Ventura & Jennings, Wesley G. & Alvarez-Rivera, Lorna L. & Lanza-Kaduce, Lonn
- 85-97 Improving performance in a Swedish police traffic unit: Results of an intervention
by Pritchard, Robert D. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Malm, Kenneth & Agrell, Anders
- 98-106 General strain theory, key strains, and deviance
by Moon, Byongook & Hays, Kraig & Blurton, David
2008, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 471-477 A comparison of Latino and White citizen satisfaction with police
by McCluskey, John D. & McCluskey, Cynthia Perez & Enriquez, Roger
- 478-485 Genetic influences on the stability of low self-control: Results from a longitudinal sample of twins
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & DeLisi, Matt & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 486-493 The moderating effects of religiosity on the relationship between stressful life events and delinquent behavior
by Johnson, Matthew C. & Morris, Robert G.
- 494-502 Moving ahead: Five essential elements for working effectively with girls
by Matthews, Betsy & Hubbard, Dana Jones
- 503-512 The irony of broken windows policing: A micro-place study of the relationship between disorder, focused police crackdowns and fear of crime
by Hinkle, Joshua C. & Weisburd, David
- 513-521 Female inmates, family caregivers, and young children's adjustment: A research agenda and implications for corrections programming
by Cecil, Dawn K. & McHale, James & Strozier, Anne & Pietsch, Joel
- 522-528 Examining the displacement practices of johns with on-line data
by Holt, Thomas J. & Blevins, Kristie R. & Kuhns, Joseph B.
- 529-538 Effect of broken windows enforcement on clearance rates
by Jang, Hyunseok & Hoover, Larry T. & Lawton, Brian A.
- 539-545 A cognitive therapy treatment program for repeat DUI offenders
by Moore, Kathleen A. & Harrison, Melissa & Young, M. Scott & Ochshorn, Ezra
- 546-553 Fear of crime in two post-socialist capital cities - Ljubljana, Slovenia and Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Mesko, Gorazd & Fallshore, Marte & Muratbegovic, Elmedin & Fields, Charles
- 554-562 College students' alcohol-related problems: A test of competing theories
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Longazel, Jamie G.
- 563-572 What is good criminal justice theory?
by Crank, John P. & Bowman, Blythe A.
2008, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 381-388 Examining the predictors of juvenile probation officers' rehabilitation orientation
by Lopez, Vera & Russell, Margaret
- 389-395 The effect of faith program participation on prison misconduct: The Life Connections Program
by Camp, Scott D. & Daggett, Dawn M. & Kwon, Okyun & Klein-Saffran, Jody
- 396-402 The influence of perceptions of social disorder and victimization on business owners' decisions to use guardianship strategies
by Casten, John A. & Payne, Brian K.
- 403-415 Does social capital deter youth from cheating, alcohol use, and violence in Turkey?: Bringing torpil in
by Özbay, Özden
- 416-425 Using GIS to evaluate post-release prisoner services in Newark, New Jersey
by Mellow, Jeff & Schlager, Melinda D. & Caplan, Joel M.
- 426-434 Female officers and the ethic of care: Does officer gender impact police behaviors?
by Rabe-Hemp, Cara E.
- 435-443 Trajectories of non-intimate partner and intimate partner homicides, 1980-1999: The importance of rurality
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 444-452 Sentencing rationales, judicial discretion, and the practice of criminal fines in Israel
by Einat, Tomer
- 453-460 The deterrent effect of executions: A meta-analysis thirty years after Ehrlich
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
- 461-468 Determining the correlates of police victimization: An analysis of organizational level factors on injurious assaults
by Wilson, Steve & Zhao, Jihong
2008, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 293-300 Dynamic systems simulation analysis: A planning tool for the new century
by Auerhahn, Kathleen
- 301-306 School violence prevention measures: School officials' attitudes about various strategies
by Time, Victoria & Payne, Brian K.
- 307-315 Police criminal charging decisions: An examination of post-arrest decision-making
by Phillips, Scott W. & Varano, Sean P.
- 316-325 Liberal versus conservative public policies on crime: What was the comparative track record during the 1990s?
by Ren, Ling & Zhao, Jihong & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 326-331 Predicting turnover of police officers using the sixteen personality factor questionnaire
by Drew, Jacqueline & Carless, Sally A. & Thompson, Briony M.
- 332-343 Pulling levers focused deterrence strategies and the prevention of gun homicide
by Braga, Anthony A.
- 344-353 Measuring criminal justice technology outputs: The case of Title III wiretap productivity, 1987-2005
by Nunn, Samuel
- 354-361 The consumer racial profiling experiences of Black students at historically Black colleges and universities: An exploratory study
by Gabbidon, Shaun L. & Craig, Ronald & Okafo, Nonso & Marzette, Lakiesha N. & Peterson, Steven A.
- 362-371 Sentencing policy and disparity: Guidelines and the influence of legal and democratic subcultures
by Crow, Matthew S. & Gertz, Marc
- 372-378 Finding fit: The nature of a successful faculty employment search in criminal justice
by Burns, Ronald G. & Kinkade, Patrick
2008, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 209-216 Spousal homicides in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 217-223 The etiology of criminal onset: The enduring salience of nature and nurture
by DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & Vaughn, Michael G.
- 224-230 Challenges responding to sexual violence: Differences between college campuses and communities
by Payne, Brian K.
- 231-239 Stressors, coping resources and strategies, and police stress in South Korea
by Morash, Merry & Kwak, Dae-Hoon & Hoffman, Vincent & Lee, Chang Hun & Cho, Sun Ho & Moon, Byongook
- 240-243 Spuriousness or mediation? Broken windows according to Sampson and Raudenbush (1999)
by Gault, Martha & Silver, Eric
- 244-251 Beyond parenting: An examination of the etiology of self-control
by Meldrum, Ryan Charles
- 252-261 The sexual stratification hypothesis revisited: Testing assumptions about simple versus aggravated rape
by Tellis, Katharine M. & Spohn, Cassia C.
- 262-269 The current state of gender-specific delinquency programming
by Foley, Allison
- 270-278 Racial and ethnic perceptions of injustice: Testing the core hypotheses of comparative conflict theory
by Buckler, Kevin & Unnever, James D.
- 279-290 Gender, race, and formal court decision-making outcomes: Chivalry/paternalism, conflict theory or gender conflict?
by Franklin, Cortney A. & Fearn, Noelle E.
2008, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-114 Social support, ethnic heterogeneity, and homicide: A cross-national approach
by Altheimer, Irshad
- 115-125 Public housing and the fear of crime
by DeLone, Gregory J.
- 126-137 Juvenile recidivism and length of stay
by Winokur, Kristin Parsons & Smith, Alisa & Bontrager, Stephanie R. & Blankenship, Julia L.
- 138-153 The intersection of racial profiling research and the law
by Tillyer, Rob & Engel, Robin S. & Wooldredge, John
- 154-164 Carrying weapons to school for protection: An analysis of the 2001 school crime supplement data
by Cao, Liqun & Zhang, Yan & He, Ni
- 165-173 Risk assessment: Identifying patterns of risk in young offenders with the Youth Level of Service/Case Management Inventory
by Onifade, Eyitayo & Davidson, William & Livsey, Sarah & Turke, Garrett & Horton, Chris & Malinowski, Jill & Atkinson, Dan & Wimberly, Dominique
- 174-181 The effect of school classroom characteristics on low self-control: A multilevel analysis
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Wright, John Paul & Maume, Michael O.
- 182-189 Criminal justice pioneers: A content analysis of biographical data
by Ross, Lee E.
- 190-197 Domestic violence and criminal justice training needs of social services workers
by Payne, Brian K.
- 198-206 Racial prejudice, perceived injustice, and the Black-White gap in punitive attitudes
by Johnson, Devon
2008, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-10 Tokenism in policing: An empirical test of Kanter's hypothesis
by Gustafson, Joseph L.
- 11-21 Scholarly influence in criminology and criminal justice journals in 1990-2000
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Farrington, David P.
- 22-32 The impact of situational factors, officer characteristics, and neighborhood context on police behavior: A multilevel analysis
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Payne, Brian K. & Wu, Yuning
- 33-42 Were Wolfgang's chronic offenders psychopaths? On the convergent validity between psychopathy and career criminality
by Vaughn, Michael G. & DeLisi, Matt
- 43-49 Public versus private defense: Can money buy justice?
by Rattner, Arye & Turjeman, Hagit & Fishman, Gideon
- 50-60 Public perceptions of white-collar crime and punishment
by Holtfreter, Kristy & Van Slyke, Shanna & Bratton, Jason & Gertz, Marc
- 61-71 The influences of incident and contextual characteristics on crime clearance of nonlethal violence: A multilevel event history analysis
by Roberts, Aki
- 72-80 Self-control, gender, and deviance among Turkish university students
by Özbay, Özden
- 81-89 Comprehensive examination reading lists as indicators of scholar impact and significance
by Giblin, Matthew J. & Schafer, Joseph A.
- 90-101 Measuring the impact of a targeted law enforcement initiative on drug sales
by Robinson, Jennifer B.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 581-595 Policing domestic violence: Does officer gender matter?
by Sun, Ivan Y.
- 596-611 Exploring the utility of general strain theory in explaining problematic alcohol consumption by police officers
by Swatt, Marc L. & Gibson, Chris L. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 612-621 Type of contact and evaluations of police officers: The effects of procedural justice across three types of police-citizen contacts
by Wells, William
- 622-629 Age of greatest risk for victimization by forced sexual intercourse: Vulnerability of high school women
by Johnson, Ida & Morgan, Etta & Sigler, Robert
- 630-643 Parenthood and adult criminal offending: The importance of relationship quality
by Ganem, Natasha M. & Agnew, Robert
- 644-656 The impact of distributive and procedural justice on correctional staff job stress, job satisfaction, and organizational commitment
by Lambert, Eric G. & Hogan, Nancy L. & Griffin, Marie L.
- 657-666 Work place violence and negative affective responses: A test of Agnew's general strain theory
by Hinduja, Sameer
- 667-682 Towards rational and evidence-based crime policy
by Mears, Daniel P.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 471-484 Differentiating among racial/ethnic groups and its implications for understanding juvenile justice decision making
by Leiber, Michael J. & Johnson, Joseph & Fox, Kristan & Lacks, Robyn
- 485-497 Prisonization and accounts of gun carrying
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Pogrebin, Mark & Unnithan, N. Prabha & Venor, Gerry
- 498-510 Victims' perceptions of police response to domestic violence incidents
by Johnson, Ida M.
- 511-523 Considering the efficacy of situational crime prevention in schools
by O'Neill, Lauren & McGloin, Jean Marie
- 524-536 Citizen assessment of local criminal courts: Does fairness matter?
by Buckler, Kevin & Cullen, Francis T. & Unnever, James D.
- 537-545 Investigating the impact of extended bar closing times on police stops for DUI
by Bouffard, Leana Allen & Bergeron, Lindsey Ellen & Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 546-555 Operationalizing risk: The influence of measurement choice on the prevalence and correlates of prison violence among incarcerated murderers
by Sorensen, Jon R. & Cunningham, Mark D.
- 556-569 Stalking acknowledgement and reporting among college women experiencing intrusive behaviors: Implications for the emergence of a "classic stalking case"
by Jordan, Carol E. & Wilcox, Pamela & Pritchard, Adam J.
- 570-578 A note on the status of discretion in police research
by Nickels, Ernest L.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 351-363 Predicting crime story salience: A replication
by Chermak, Steven & Chapman, Nicole M.
- 365-378 Duration of the time to reconviction: Evidence from UK prisoner discharge data
by Bowles, Roger Arthur & Florackis, Chrisostomos
- 379-389 Convicting and incarcerating felony offenders of intimate assault and the odds of new assault charges
by Wooldredge, John
- 391-403 Roles of neighborhood race and status in the middle stages of juror selection
by Taylor, Ralph B. & Ratcliffe, Jerry H. & Dote, Lillian & Lawton, Brian A.
- 405-417 Race and repeats: The impact of officer performance on racially biased policing
by Bostaph, Lisa Growette
- 419-431 Interpersonal violent crime in Ghana: The case of assault in Accra
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 433-451 The long-term impact of restorative justice programming for juvenile offenders
by Bergseth, Kathleen J. & Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 453-465 How does reactivity affect police behavior? Describing and quantifying the impact of reactivity as behavioral change in a large-scale observational study of police
by Spano, Richard
- 467-465 Erratum to "Correlates of formal and informal social/crime control in China: An exploratory study" [Journal of Criminal Justice 35(3) (2007) 261-271]
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric & Wang, Jin
2007, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 239-249 Job demands, job resources, and burnout among police officers
by Martinussen, M. & Richardsen, A.M. & Burke, R.J.
- 251-260 Rural jails: Problematic inmates, overcrowded cells, and cash-strapped counties
by Ruddell, Rick & Mays, G. Larry
- 261-271 Correlates of formal and informal social/crime control in China: An exploratory study
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric & Wang, Jin
- 273-281 Reducing lockup crowding with expedited initial processing of minor offenders
by Baumer, Terry L.
- 283-296 The effect of maternal incarceration on adult offspring involvement in the criminal justice system
by Huebner, Beth M. & Gustafson, Regan
- 297-311 Community structural predictors of spatially aggregated motor vehicle theft rates: Do they replicate?
by Walsh, Jeffrey A. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 313-321 Local law enforcement terrorism prevention efforts: A state level case study
by Pelfrey Jr., William V.
- 323-336 Politics, culture, and political crime: Covariates of abortion clinic attacks in the United States
by Freilich, Joshua D. & Pridemore, William Alex
- 337-347 Restorative justice practice: An examination of program completion and recidivism
by de Beus, Kimberly & Rodriguez, Nancy
2007, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 119-136 Self-control, risky lifestyles, and situation: The role of opportunity and context in the general theory
by Baron, Stephen W. & Forde, David R. & Kay, Fiona M.
- 137-150 Police officer performance appraisal and overall satisfaction
by Lilley, David & Hinduja, Sameer
- 151-163 Do perceptions of punishment vary between white-collar and street crimes?
by Schoepfer, Andrea & Carmichael, Stephanie & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 165-181 Vehicle stops by police for driving while Black: Common problems and some tentative solutions
by Kowalski, Brian R. & Lundman, Richard J.
- 183-192 Officer force versus suspect resistance: A gendered analysis of patrol officers in an urban police department
by Bazley, Thomas D. & Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Thomas
- 193-203 Public perceptions of police misconduct and discrimination: Examining the impact of media consumption
by Dowler, Kenneth & Zawilski, Valerie
- 205-218 Investigating the theoretical construct and invariance of the self-control scale using confirmatory factor analysis
by Williams, Mei Wah M. & Fletcher, Richard B. & Ronan, Kevin R.
- 219-233 Inevitable, influential, or unnecessary? Exploring the utility of genetic explanation for delinquent behavior
by McCartan, Lisa M.
2007, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-15 Can general strain theory explain white-collar crime? A preliminary investigation of the relationship between strain and select white-collar offenses
by Langton, Lynn & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 17-27 Hispanics and the death penalty: Discriminatory charging practices in San Joaquin County, California
by Lee, Catherine
- 29-37 Driving across campus: Assessing the impact of drivers' race and gender on police traffic enforcement actions
by Moon, Byongook & Corley, Charles J.
- 39-50 Robberies with guns: Neighborhood factors and the nature of crime
by Warner, Barbara D.
- 51-67 Reassessing the family-delinquency association: Do family type, family processes, and economic factors make a difference?
by Mack, Kristin Y. & Leiber, Michael J. & Featherstone, Richard A. & Monserud, Maria A.
- 69-79 The invention of Peel's principles: A study of policing `textbook' history
by Lentz, Susan A. & Chaires, Robert H.
- 81-87 The relationship between crime and "objective" versus "subjective" strains
by Froggio, Giacinto & Agnew, Robert
- 89-101 Routine crime in exceptional times: The impact of the 2002 Winter Olympics on citizen demand for police services
by Decker, Scott H. & Varano, Sean P. & Greene, Jack R.
- 103-116 The noble cause: An empirical assessment
by Crank, John & Flaherty, Dan & Giacomazzi, Andrew
2006, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 569-578 The effect of local political culture on policing behaviors in the 1990s: A retest of Wilson's theory in more contemporary times
by Zhao, Jihong & He, Ni & Lovrich, Nicholas
- 579-589 The effect of police-probation partnerships on juvenile arrests
by Worrall, John L. & Gaines, Larry K.