Journal of Criminal Justice
2004, Volume 32, Issue 5
2004, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 283-296 The effect of three-strikes legislation on serious crime in California
by Worrall, John L.
- 297-306 Gambling, substance use, and other problem behaviors among youth: A test of general deviance models
by Welte, John W. & Barnes, Grace M. & Hoffman, Joseph H.
- 307-327 More than ten years after: The long-term stability of informed death penalty opinions
by Bohm, Robert M. & Vogel, Brenda L.
- 329-344 The impact of new immigration patterns on the provision of police services in midwestern communities
by Culver, Leigh
- 345-357 Youth justice conferencing and police referrals: The gatekeeping role of police in Queensland, Australia
by Stewart, Anna Louise & Smith, Frances
- 359-370 The sources and consequences of corrections officers' stress: A South Korean example
by Moon, Byongook & Maxwell, Sheila Royo
- 371-386 Studying the reach of deterrence: Can deterrence theory help explain police misconduct?
by Pogarsky, Greg & Piquero, Alex R.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 183-193 Assessing the Use of Profiling in Searches by Law Enforcement Personnel
by Becker, Stan
- 195-206 What drives punitive beliefs?: Demographic characteristics and justifications for sentencing
by Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R. & Triplett, Ruth A. & Danner, Mona J. E.
- 207-221 What doctors and policymakers should know: Battered women's views about mandatory medical reporting laws
by Alisa Smith, J. D. & Parsons Winokur, Kristin
- 223-229 The reasons for choosing a career in policing among South Korean police cadets
by Moon, Byongook & Hwang, Eui-Gab
- 231-241 An analysis of the relationship between probation caseloads and property crime rates in California counties
by Worrall, John L. & Schram, Pamela & Hays, Eric & Newman, Matthew
- 243-252 Researching workplace homicide: An assessment of the limitations of the Supplementary Homicide Reports
by Bazley, Thomas D. & Mieczkowski, Thomas
- 253-263 Collaborations between drug courts and service providers: Characteristics and challenges
by Wenzel, Suzanne L. & Turner, Susan F. & Ridgely, M. Susan
- 265-279 Police officer characteristics and internal affairs investigations for use of force allegations
by McElvain, James P. & Kposowa, Augustine J.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 95-111 Cumulative exposure to stressful life events and male gang membership
by Eitle, David & Gunkel, Steven & Van Gundy, Karen
- 113-122 Accounting for rapid growth of private policing in South Korea
by Lee, Chang Moo
- 123-135 African American and White perceptions of police services: Within- and between-group variation
by Huebner, Beth M. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 137-150 Probation absconders: A unique risk group?
by Mayzer, Roni & Gray, M. Kevin & Maxwell, Sheila Royo
- 151-157 A study of church vulnerability to violence: Implications for law enforcement
by Bourns, William & Wright, Wesley D.
- 159-170 Studying traffic stop encounters
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Carter, David L. & Katz-Bannister, Andra
- 171-180 Risky lifestyles and dating violence: A theoretical test of violent victimization
by Gover, Angela R.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-13 The validity of Niederhoffer's cynicism scale
by Hickman, Matthew J. & Piquero, Nicole L. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 15-29 Incivilities in nonmetropolitan communities: The effects of structural constraints, social conditions, and crime
by Reisig, Michael D. & Cancino, Jeffrey Michael
- 31-47 Predicting work-related stress in correctional officers: A meta-analysis
by Dowden, Craig & Tellier, Claude
- 49-62 Social disorganization perceptions, fear of gang crime, and behavioral precautions among Whites, Latinos, and Vietnamese
by Lane, Jodi & Meeker, James W.
- 63-73 Ancillary consequences of employee theft
by Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R.
- 75-83 Barriers to evaluating the effectiveness of drug treatment behind bars
by Miller, J. Mitchell & Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Ventura, Holly E.
- 85-87 The impact of a verbal warning on police consent search practices
by Lichtenberg, Illya
- 89-92 Calling 911 during episodes of domestic abuse: What justifies a call for help?
by Boatright-Horowitz, Su L. & Olick, Kristen & Amaral, Robert
2003, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 497-509 Male and female reasoning biases and offending behavior
by Moore, Simon C. & Harris, Rochelle & McDougall, Cynthia & Clarbour, Jane
- 511-521 Strain and violence: Testing a general strain theory model of community violence
by Warner, Barbara D. & Fowler, Shannon K.
- 523-538 The impact of race on the adjudication of sexual assault and other violent crimes
by Maxwell, Christopher D. & Robinson, Amanda L. & Post, Lori A.
- 539-551 Discriminators of types of recidivism among boot camp graduates in a five-year follow-up study
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J. & Peacock, Mark
- 553-565 Capital punishment preferences for special offender populations
by Boots, Denise Paquette & Cochran, John K. & Heide, Kathleen M.
- 567-577 Experiences of probation supervision in Hong Kong: Listening to the young adult probationers
by Chui, Wing Hong
- 579-587 Digital photographic evidence and the adjudication of domestic violence cases
by Garcia, Crystal A.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 399-409 On the relationship between cognitive abilities and life-course-persistent offending among a sample of African Americans: A longitudinal test of Moffitt's hypothesis
by Piquero, Alex R. & White, Norman A.
- 411-422 Protective order legislation: Trends in state statutes
by Eigenberg, Helen & McGuffee, Karen & Berry, Phyllis & Hall, William H.
- 423-433 Girls, guys, and gangs: Convergence or divergence in the gendered construction of gangs and groups
by St. Cyr, Jenna L. & Decker, Scott H.
- 435-453 Reanalyzing the prevalence and social context of collateral consequence statutes
by Buckler, Kevin G. & Travis, Lawrence F.
- 455-467 Investigating latent trait and life course theories as predictors of recidivism among an offender sample
by O'Connell, Daniel J.
- 469-474 SWAT and non-SWAT police officers and the use of force
by Williams, Jimmy J. & Westall, David
- 475-492 Explaining suspects' resistance and disrespect toward police
by Engel, Robin Shepard
2003, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 295-307 A recidivism analysis of Maryland's community probation program
by Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 309-320 Ethnicity, gender, and the Level of Service Inventory-Revised
by Holsinger, Alexander M. & Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 321-339 Measuring community social organization: Sense of community as a mediator in social disorganization theory
by Cantillon, Dan & Davidson, William S. & Schweitzer, John H.
- 341-350 The Ada Sheriffs Youth Foundation: The development of a decentralized youth program
by Crank, John & Crank, Joe & Christensen, Wendy
- 351-360 Even criminals take a holiday: Instrumental and expressive crimes on major and minor holidays
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Rotton, James
- 361-371 The prevalence and nature of violent offending by females
by Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Schram, Pamela J.
- 373-381 Sheriff law enforcement officers and the use of force
by Williams, Jimmy J. & Hester, Gary
- 383-396 Crime victimization, alcohol consumption, and drug use in Canadian public housing
by DeKeseredy, Walter S. & Schwartz, Martin D. & Alvi, Shahid & Tomaszewski, E. Andreas
2003, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 199-214 Taking stock: Toward a richer understanding of police culture
by Paoline, Eugene A.
- 215-226 Examining the effects of coping and social support on work and life stress among police officers
by Patterson, George T.
- 227-235 Attitudes toward hate crime laws
by Johnson, Stephen D. & Byers, Bryan D.
- 237-247 Assessing goals and functions of private police
by Nalla, Mahesh K. & Heraux, Cedrick G.
- 249-263 Fear of crime in a nonurban setting
by Crank, John P. & Giacomazzi, Andrew & Heck, Cary
- 265-277 Officer proactivity: A comparison between police field training officers and non-field training officers
by Sun, Ivan Y.
- 279-286 Internal colonization, folk justice, and murder in Appalachia: The case of Kentucky
by Schwaner, Shawn L. & Keil, Thomas J.
- 287-292 Defining and classifying serial murder in the context of perpetrator motivation
by Ferguson, Christopher J. & White, Diana E. & Cherry, Stacey & Lorenz, Marta & Bhimani, Zhara
2003, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 99-105 Official offense status and self-esteem among Chinese youths
by Zhang, Lening
- 107-117 Administrative determinants of inmate violence: A multilevel analysis
by Huebner, Beth M.
- 119-127 Police use of force: examining the relationship between calls for service and the balance of police force and suspect resistance
by MacDonald, John M. & Manz, Patrick W. & Alpert, Geoffrey P. & Dunham, Roger G.
- 129-146 Police civil liability for inappropriate response to domestic assault victims
by Blackwell, Brenda Sims & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 147-154 To bite or not to bite: Canine apprehensions in a large, suburban police department
by Hickey, Edward R. & Hoffman, Peter B.
- 155-168 The impact of organizational justice on correctional staff
by Lambert, Eric
- 169-183 The age of death: Appraising public opinion of juvenile capital punishment
by Vogel, Brenda L. & Vogel, Ronald E.
- 185-195 A multilevel analysis of the effect of cocaine price on cocaine use among arrestees
by Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-11 Conflict theory and racial profiling: An empirical analysis of police traffic stop data
by Petrocelli, Matthew & Piquero, Alex R. & Smith, Michael R.
- 13-23 Urban crime trends and patterns in Ghana: The case of Accra
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 25-36 General job stress and job-specific stress in juvenile correctional officers
by Auerbach, Stephen M. & Quick, Ben G. & Pegg, Phillip O.
- 37-56 Measuring crime seriousness perceptions: What have we learned and what else do we want to know
by Stylianou, Stelios
- 57-71 Exploring officers' acceptance of community policing: Implications for policy implementation
by Novak, Kenneth J. & Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Lucas, Wayne L.
- 73-84 Racial disproportionality in state prison admissions: Can regional variation be explained by differential arrest rates?
by Sorensen, Jon & Hope, Robert & Stemen, Don
- 85-95 Vandalism of vending machines: Factors that attract professionals and amateurs
by Buck, Andrew J. & Hakim, Simon & Swanson, Charles & Rattner, Arye
2002, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 457-471 The stability of self-control
by Turner, Michael G. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 473-489 One step up, two steps back: The progression of perceptions of women's work in prisons and jails
by Hemmens, Craig & Stohr, Mary K. & Schoeler, Mary & Miller, Bona
- 491-498 Ethical orientations of state police recruits and one-year experienced officers
by Catlin, Dennis W. & Maupin, James R.
- 499-510 The impact of density on jail violence
by Tartaro, Christine
- 511-517 Assessing the impediments to organizational change: A view of community policing
by Allen, Rhonda Y. W.
- 519-533 Street youth and labor market strain
by Baron, Stephen W. & Hartnagel, Timothy F.
- 535-547 An integrated understanding of elder abuse and neglect
by Payne, Brian K.
- 549-558 Publication productivity of criminal justice faculty in criminal justice journals
by Fabianic, David
- 559-566 Differential association in group and solo offending
by Hochstetler, Andy & Copes, Heith & DeLisi, Matt
- 567-574 Gun violence and police problem solving: A research note examining alternative data sources
by Burruss, George W. & Decker, Scott H.
- 575-587 Individual and contextual influences on delinquency: the role of the single-parent family
by Anderson, Amy L.
- 589-601 Social support and homicide: a cross-national test of an emerging criminological theory
by Pratt, Travis C. & Godsey, Timothy W.
- 603-622 The onset of adult offending: A neglected dimension of the criminal career
by Eggleston, Elaine P. & Laub, John H.
- 623-632 Perceived crime seriousness: Consensus and disparity
by Kwan, Ying Keung & Chiu, Lai Lin & Ip, Wai Cheong & Kwan, Patrick
2002, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 355-368 Public order policing: A national survey of abortion-related conflict
by Kenney, Dennis Jay & Reuland, Melissa
- 369-385 The correctional ideology of prison chaplains: A national survey
by Sundt, Jody L. & Cullen, Francis T.
- 387-396 Attributes of highly effective criminal defense negotiators
by Lynch, David R. & Evans, T. David
- 397-408 Incidents of police misconduct and public opinion
by Weitzer, Ronald
- 409-416 Crime and its solutions in Barbados
by Yeboah, David Achanfuo
- 417-427 The effects of neighborhood conditions on perceptions of safety
by Austin, D. Mark & Furr, L. Allen & Spine, Michael
- 429-442 Exploring a source of deviance-producing strain for females: Perceived discrimination and general strain theory
by Eitle, David J.
- 443-453 A test of a crime and justice infotainment measure
by Surette, Ray & Otto, Charles
2002, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 259-272 Linking juvenile and adult patterns of criminal activity in the Providence cohort of the National Collaborative Perinatal Project
by Piquero, Alex R. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 273-286 Insider trading: Patterns and analysis
by Szockyj, Elizabeth & Geis, Gilbert
- 287-301 New sentencing laws follow old patterns:: A Florida case study
by Griset, Pamala L.
- 303-316 The effects of occupation and education on punitive orientations among juvenile justice personnel
by Leiber, Michael J. & Schwarze, Kimberly & Mack, Kristin Y. & Farnworth, Margaret
- 317-325 A study of drug abuse and other causes of homicide in New York
by Tardiff, Kenneth & Marzuk, Peter M. & Lowell, Kira & Portera, Laura & Leon, Andrew C.
- 327-341 Race and attitudes toward the police: Assessing the effects of watching "reality" police programs
by Eschholz, Sarah & Blackwell, Brenda Sims & Gertz, Marc & Chiricos, Ted
- 343-352 Gangs, gang homicides, and gang loyalty:: Organized crimes or disorganized criminals
by Decker, Scott H. & Curry, G. David
2002, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 159-173 Calibrating and measuring theoretical integration in drug treatment programs
by Taxman, Faye S. & Simpson, Sally S. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 175-182 Gender and scholarly productivity: The case of criminal justice
by Stack, Steven
- 183-195 Recent changes in the most-cited scholars in criminal justice textbooks
by Wright, Richard A.
- 197-215 Explanations of employment turnover among Alaska Village Public Safety Officers
by Wood, Darryl S.
- 217-228 Two preeminent theoretical models: A proportional hazard rate analysis of recidivism
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J.
- 229-243 An analyses of the broad crime trends and patterns in Ghana
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 245-256 Law enforcement partnership in community corrections: An evaluation of juvenile offender curfew checks
by Jones, Marshall Alan & Sigler, Robert T.
2002, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 89-100 Public views toward crime and correctional policies: Is there a gender gap?
by Applegate, Brandon K. & Cullen, Francis T. & Fisher, Bonnie S.
- 101-106 The impact of citizen police academies on participants: An exploratory study
by Palmiotto, Michael J. & Unninthan, N. Prabha
- 107-119 Juvenile Conference Committees: Issues in assessing a diversionary court program
by Hassett-Walker, Connie
- 121-134 The influence of emotion on rational decision making in sexual aggression
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 135-141 Risk of multiple-offender rape-murder varies with female age
by Shackelford, Todd K.
- 143-155 Citizen complaints and problem officers: Examining officer behavior
by Terrill, William & McCluskey, John
2002, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-10 The legal standard of volitional impairment: An analysis of substantive due process and the United States Supreme Court's decision in Kansas v. Hendricks
by Erickson, Patricia E.
- 11-18 The institutional affiliations of authors in leading criminology and criminal justice journals
by Sorensen, Jon & Pilgrim, Rocky
- 19-28 The effect of environment on the behavior of youthful offenders: A randomized experiment
by Armstrong, Todd A.
- 29-39 Correctional prediction and the Level of Supervision Inventory
by Dowdy, Eric R. & Lacy, Michael G. & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 41-49 Juveniles' experiences of incarceration: The role of correctional staff in peer violence
by Peterson-Badali, Michele & Koegl, Christopher J.
- 51-64 Patrol officer supervision in the community policing era
by Engel, Robin Shepard
- 65-76 Police levels and crime rates revisited: A county-level analysis from Florida (1980-1998)
by Kovandzic, Tomislav V. & Sloan, John J.
- 77-86 Police chiefs' perceptions about Miranda: An analysis of survey data
by Time, Victoria M. & Payne, Brian K.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 469-482 Criminal justice in the Middle East
by Crystal, Jill
- 483-492 Low self-control and coworker delinquency: A research note
by Gibson, Chris & Wright, John
- 493-505 Applying Rasch modeling to the validity of a control balance scale
by Piquero, Alex R. & MacIntosh, Randall & Hickman, Matthew
- 507-519 Analytic methods for examining race and ethnic disparity in the juvenile courts
by MacDonald, John M.
- 521-529 Who are the complaint-prone officers?: An examination of the relationship between police officers' attributes, arrest activity, assignment, and citizens' complaints about excessive force
by Brandl, Steven G. & Stroshine, Meghan S. & Frank, James
- 531-541 Women's accounts of their prison experiences: A retrospective view of their subjective realities
by Pogrebin, Mark R. & Dodge, Mary
- 543-554 The rhetoric of personal loyalty to superiors in criminal justice agencies
by Souryal, Sam S. & Diamond, Deanna L.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 365-377 Community policing: is it changing the basic functions of policing?: Findings from a longitudinal study of 200+ municipal police agencies
by Zhao, Jihong & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Robinson, T. Hank
- 379-388 The illicit acquisition of firearms by youth and juveniles
by Braga, Anthony A. & Kennedy, David M.
- 389-405 Police sexual violence and rape myths: Civil liability under Section 1983
by Eschholz, Sarah & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 407-417 Ethnic differences in property, violent, and sex offending for abused and nonabused adolescents
by Perez, Deanna M.
- 419-428 How dangerous are routine police-citizen traffic stops?: A research note
by Lichtenberg, Illya D. & Smith, Alisa
- 429-443 Columbine and student perceptions of safety: A quasi-experimental study
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Hogan, Michael J.
- 445-461 General strain theory, situational anger, and social networks: An assessment of conditioning influences
by Capowich, George E. & Mazerolle, Paul & Piquero, Alex
2001, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 271-285 Feminism for the mainstream criminologist: An invitation
by Flavin, Jeanne
- 287-294 The impact of gun control (Bill C-51) on homicide in Canada
by Leenaars, Antoon A. & Lester, David
- 295-305 Coppin' an attitude: Attitudinal differences among juveniles toward police
by Taylor, Terrance J. & Turner, K. B. & Esbensen, Finn-Aage & Winfree, L. Thomas
- 307-318 Between probation and revocation: A study of intermediate sanctions decision-making
by Harris, Patricia M. & Petersen, Rebecca D. & Rapoza, Samantha
- 319-328 Lifestyle factors among female prisoners with histories of psychiatric treatment
by Marquart, James W. & Brewer, Victoria E. & Simon, Patricia & Morse, Edward V.
- 329-340 Language barriers in the delivery of police services: A study of police and Hispanic interactions in a midwestern city
by Herbst, Leigh & Walker, Samuel
- 341-355 Supervisory styles of patrol sergeants and lieutenants
by Engel, Robin Shepard
2001, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 171-187 Addicted to the drug war: The role of civil asset forfeiture as a budgetary necessity in contemporary law enforcement
by Worrall, John L.
- 189-206 On the relationships between gender, early onset, and the seriousness of offending
by Piquero, Alex R. & Chung, He Len
- 207-218 Racial disparity and death sentences in Ohio
by Williams, Marian R. & Holcomb, Jefferson E.
- 219-232 Job satisfaction among detention officers: Assessing the relative contribution of organizational climate variables
by Griffin, Marie L.
- 233-240 A national police survey on the use of juvenile curfews
by Bannister, Andra J. & Carter, David L. & Schafer, Joseph
- 241-253 Drug courts: A bridge between criminal justice and health services
by Wenzel, Suzanne L. & Longshore, Douglas & Turner, Susan & Ridgely, M. Susan
- 255-267 The influence of a shock incarceration program on inmate adjustment and attitudinal change
by Lutze, Faith E.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 87-99 A comparison of confidence in the police in China and in the United States
by Cao, Liqun & Hou, Charles
- 101-106 The Affordable Hypothesis: Punitive beliefs, violent beliefs, and race
by DeLisi, Matt
- 107-117 Public information officers: The civilianization of a criminal justice profession
by Surette, Ray
- 119-125 Frequently published scholars and educational backgrounds
by Fabianic, David
- 127-131 Law enforcement accreditation: A national comparison of accredited vs. nonaccredited agencies
by McCabe, Kimberly A. & Fajardo, Robin G.
- 133-143 Deviant lifestyle and crime victimization
by Zhang, Lening & Welte, John W. & Wieczorek, William F.
- 145-155 Violence in the workplace: Gender similarities and differences
by Fisher, Bonnie S. & Gunnison, Elaine
- 157-166 An empirical test of the social threat phenomenon: Using 1990 census and uniform crime reports
by Cureton, Steven R.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-9 Family social capital and delinquent involvement
by Wright, John Paul & Cullen, Francis T. & Miller, Jeremy T.
- 11-19 Emerging legal constraints on affirmative action in police agencies and how to adapt to them
by Moore, Eric William
- 21-30 Assessing the temporal stability of drug-using classifications: An examination of Washington, DC arrestees between 1990 and 1997
by Yacoubian, George S.
- 31-43 From sociology of deviance to sociology of risk: Youth homelessness and the problem of empiricism
by Bessant, Judith
- 45-56 Personal background and reasons for choosing a career in policing: An empirical study of police students in Taiwan
by Tarng, Ming-Yueh & Hsieh, Charng-Hon & Deng, Tzu-Jeng
- 57-66 Developing a risk assessment instrument: Lessons about validity relearned
by Zimmerman, Sherwood E. & Martin, Randy & Rogosky, Thomas
- 67-76 The influences of personal background on perceptions of juvenile correctional environments
by Mitchell, Ojmarrh & MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Gover, Angela R. & Styve, Gaylene J.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 457-471 Is there a distinct profile of police officers accused of violence? The Israeli case
by Herzog, Sergio
- 473-482 Addressing key features of gang membership: Measuring the involvement of young members
by Decker, Scott H. & Curry, G. David
- 483-496 Religiosity and violence: Are they related after considering the strongest predictors?
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J.
- 497-506 Is good-time appropriate for offenders on electronic monitoring?: attitudes of electronic monitoring directors
by Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R.
- 507-515 Race and treating other people's children as adults
by Jackson, Rodger & Pabon, Edward
- 517-526 Socio-demographic indicators of intervention program completion with the male court-referred perpetrator of partner abuse
by Yarbrough, David N. & Blanton, Priscilla W.
- 527-542 Predicting type of sexual assault case closure from victim, suspect, and case characteristics
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 543-556 Multijurisdictional drug task forces: An analysis of impacts
by Smith, Brad W. & Novak, Kenneth J. & Frank, James & Travis, Lawrence F.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 343-349 Tinkering with the machinery of death: an analysis of the impact of legislative reform on the sentencing of capital murderers in Texas
by Brock, Deon E. & Sorensen, Jon & Marquart, James W.
- 351-370 Self-defense with guns: The consequences
by Southwick, Lawrence
- 371-384 "Stick 'em up, buddy": robbery, lifestyle, and specialization within a cohort of parolees
by Schwaner, Shawn L.
- 385-396 Cops and crooks: images of minorities on primetime television
by Mastro, Dana E. & Robinson, Amanda L.
- 397-405 Broken windows, crumpled fenders, and crime
by Giacopassi, David & Forde, David R.
- 407-413 Training SWAT teams: implications for improving tactical units
by Clark, Joanna G. & Jackson, Mary S. & Schaefer, Peggy M. & Sharpe, E. Gail
- 415-433 HIV/AIDS education among incarcerated youth
by Clark, Jean N. & Van Eck, Richard N. & King, Alfreda & Glusman, Brenda & McCain-Williams, Annie & Van Eck, Sandra & Beech, Frances
- 435-449 Correctional officers' definitions of rape in male prisons
by Eigenberg, Helen M.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 261-270 Punishment and alcohol problems: Recidivism among drinking-driving offenders
by Yu, Jiang
- 271-281 Treating the chronic DUI offender "Turning Point" ten years later
by Pratt, Travis C. & Holsinger, Alex M. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 283-295 A test-retest reliability assessment of the international self-report delinquency instrument
by Zhang, Sheldon & Benson, Theodore & Deng, Xiaogang
- 297-312 Friend or foe? Race, age, and inmate perceptions of inmate-staff relations
by Hemmens, Craig & Marquart, James W.
- 313-324 White, black, or blue cops? Race and citizen assessments of police officers
by Weitzer, Ronald
- 325-336 Police-citizen contact and police performance Attitudinal differences between Hispanics and non-Hispanics
by Cheurprakobkit, Sutham
2000, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 165-179 Public perceptions The stability of the public's endorsements of the definition and criminalization of the abuse of women
by Johnson, Ida M. & Sigler, Robert T.
- 181-188 Multiple parties in domestic violence situations and arrest
by Connolly, Catherine & Huzurbazar, Snehalata & Routh-McGee, Tillie
- 189-202 How kids view cops The nature of juvenile attitudes toward the police
by Hurst, Yolander G. & Frank, James
- 203-213 Determinants of citizen complaints against police abuse of power
by Cao, Liqun & Huang, Bu
- 215-226 A competency analysis of law enforcement training and its linkage to recreation as intervention in youth crime prevention
by Jamieson, Lynn M. & Suren, Asuncion & Knapp, Julie
- 227-235 The evaluation of New Zealand's Habilitation Centre's Pilot Programme
by Yeboah, David
- 237-244 A crime index with Thurstone's scaling of crime severity
by Kwan, Ying Keung & Ip, Wai Cheung & Kwan, Patrick
- 245-249 Criminological scholarship and race: A response to Professors Ross and Edwards
by Miller, J. Mitchell
- 251-255 Criminological scholarship and race: A rejoinder from Professors Ross and Edwards
by Ross, Lee E. & Edwards, Willie J.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 89-101 Strain, anger, and delinquent adaptations Specifying general strain theory
by Mazerolle, Paul & Burton, Velmer S. & Cullen, Francis T. & Evans, T. David & Payne, Gary L.