Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
2005, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 463-476 Explaining crime for a young adult population: An application of general strain theory
by Ostrowsky, Michael K. & Messner, Steven F.
- 477-485 Reaffirming the significance of context: The Charlotte School Safety Program
by Miller, J. Mitchell & Gibson, Chris & Ventura, Holly E. & Schreck, Christopher J.
- 487-500 American police and subcultural support for the use of excessive force
by Micucci, Anthony J. & Gomme, Ian M.
- 501-512 Maintaining legitimacy using external communication strategies: An analysis of police-media relations
by Chermak, Steven & Weiss, Alexander
2005, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 301-316 Displaced discretion under Ohio sentencing guidelines
by Wooldredge, John & Griffin, Timothy
- 317-325 Do career criminals exist in rural America?
by Berg, Mark T. & DeLisi, Matt
- 327-339 The school context as a source of self-control
by Turner, Michael G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Pratt, Travis C.
- 341-352 The influence of fit perceptions, equal opportunity policies, and social support network on pre-entry police officer career commitment and intentions to remain
by Carless, Sally A.
- 353-365 Is occupational fraud "typical" white-collar crime? A comparison of individual and organizational characteristics
by Holtfreter, Kristy
- 367-376 Death penalty in China: The law and the practice
by Lu, Hong & Zhang, Lening
- 377-386 Predicting the employment of minority officers in U.S. cities: OLS fixed-effect panel model results for African American and Latino officers for 1993, 1996, and 2000
by Zhao, Jihong & He, Ni & Lovrich, Nicholas
- 387-399 Severe strike campaign in transitional China
by Liang, Bin
2005, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 203-211 General systems theory and criminal justice
by Bernard, Thomas J. & Paoline III, Eugene A. & Pare, Paul-Philippe
- 213-223 Gender equity, traditional masculine culture, and female homicide victimization
by Pridemore, William Alex & Freilich, Joshua D.
- 225-238 Police leniency in traffic enforcement encounters: Exploratory findings from observations and interviews
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Mastrofski, Stephen D.
- 239-255 The effects of patrol workloads and response strength on arrests at burglary emergencies
by Timothy Coupe, Richard & Blake, Laurence
- 257-266 Importation, deprivation, and varieties of serving time: An integrated-lifestyle-exposure model of prison offending
by Hochstetler, Andy & DeLisi, Matt
- 267-276 Do the experiential and deterrent effect operate differently across gender?
by Carmichael, Stephanie & Langton, Lynn & Pendell, Gretchen & Reitzel, John D. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 277-287 Parole release decisions revisited: An analysis of parole release decisions for violent inmates in a southeastern state
by Morgan, Kathryn D. & Smith, Brent
- 289-297 Drug testing sworn law enforcement officers: One agency's experience
by Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Tom
2005, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 113-118 A study of criminal justice policymakers' perspectives: The forgotten component in boot camp programs and goals
by Bourns, William & Veneziano, Carol & Veneziano, Louis
- 119-125 Elder abuse in nursing homes: Prevention and resolution strategies and barriers
by Payne, Brian K. & Fletcher, Laura Burke
- 127-136 State background checks and firearms homicides
by Ruddell, Rick & Mays, G. Larry
- 137-143 Neighborhood structure differences between homicide victims and non-victims
by Dobrin, Adam & Lee, Daniel & Price, Jamie
- 145-151 Use of force by female police officers
by Hoffman, Peter B. & Hickey, Edward R.
- 153-163 Impact of drug use on inmate misconduct: A multilevel analysis
by Jiang, Shanhe
- 165-175 Here today, gone tomorrow, back again the next day: Antecedents of correctional absenteeism
by Lambert, Eric G. & Edwards, Calvin & Camp, Scott D. & Saylor, William G.
- 177-189 The generality of criminal behavior: A confirmatory factor analysis of the criminal activity of sex offenders in adulthood
by Lussier, Patrick & LeBlanc, Marc & Proulx, Jean
- 191-199 Race and satisfaction with the police in a small city
by Garcia, Venessa & Cao, Liqun
2005, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-17 On the relationships between gender, power control, self-control, and crime
by Blackwell, Brenda Sims & Piquero, Alex R.
- 19-29 Exploring the crime of identity theft: Prevalence, clearance rates, and victim/offender characteristics
by Allison, Stuart F.H. & Schuck, Amie M. & Lersch, Kim Michelle
- 31-41 Policing in small town America: Dogs, drunks, disorder, and dysfunction
by Payne, Brian K. & Berg, Bruce L. & Sun, Ivan Y.
- 43-54 Awareness of community-oriented policing and neighborhood perceptions in five small to midsize cities
by Adams, Richard E. & Rohe, William M. & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 55-66 Linking confidence in the police with the performance of the police: Community policing can make a difference
by Ren, Ling & Cao, Liqun & Lovrich, Nicholas & Gaffney, Michael
- 67-75 Knowledge and perceptions of juvenile justice officials about selection bias
by Talley, Clarence R. & Rajack-Talley, Theresa & Tewksbury, Richard
- 77-87 Understanding offense specialization and versatility: A reapplication of the rational choice perspective
by Guerette, Rob T. & Stenius, Vanja M.K. & McGloin, Jean M.
- 89-95 Validation of the technology acceptance model for police
by Colvin, Caran A. & Goh, Angeline
- 97-109 Toward a better understanding of the hierarchical nature of police organizations: Conception and measurement
by King, William R.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 501-513 Race, gender, and motivation for becoming a police officer: Implications for building a representative police department
by Raganella, Anthony J. & White, Michael D.
- 515-530 It's about time to hear their stories: Impediments to rehabilitation at a Canadian provincial correctional facility for women
by Micucci, Anthony & Monster, Miranda
- 531-545 Liability for sexual harassment in criminal justice agencies
by Collins, Sue Carter & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 547-555 Establishing the statistical relationship between population size and UCR crime rate: Its impact and implications
by Nolan III, James J.
- 557-564 The masking of racial and ethnic disparity in police use of physical force: The effects of gender and custody status
by Schuck, Amie M.
- 565-576 Family, welfare, and delinquency
by Cao, Liqun & Cao, Jian & Zhao, Jihong
- 577-592 Does the job matter? Comparing correlates of stress among treatment and correctional staff in prisons
by Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Griffin, Marie L.
- 593-606 Gender convergence in crime: Evidence from Canadian adult offense charge data
by Chen, Jyh-Yaw Joseph & Giles, David E.A.
- 607-616 Lines and shadows: Perceptions of racial profiling and the Hispanic experience
by Reitzel, John D. & Rice, Stephen K. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 617-630 Problem solving as reinforcement in adolescent drug use: Implications for theory and policy
by Triplett, Ruth & Payne, Brian
- 631-641 Police stress, state-trait anxiety, and stressors among U.S. Marshals
by Newman, Deborah Wilkins & LeeAnne Rucker-Reed, M.
- 643-654 Extralegal factors and the sentencing of organizational defendants: An examination of the Federal Sentencing Guidelines
by Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Davis, Jason L.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 389-398 Disappearing act: The representation of corporate crime research in criminological literature
by Lynch, Michael J. & McGurrin, Danielle & Fenwick, Melissa
- 399-409 Sociodemographic factors, drug abuse, and other crimes: How they vary among male and female arrestees
by Lo, Celia C.
- 411-420 Binge drinking and negative alcohol-related behaviors: A test of self-control theory
by Gibson, Chris & Schreck, Christopher J. & Miller, J. Mitchell
- 421-430 Road aggression among drinking drivers: Alcohol and non-alcohol effects on aggressive driving and road rage
by Yu, Jiang & Chin Evans, Peggy & Perfetti, Lucia
- 431-442 Victims of crime in the criminal justice system in Barbados
by Brathwaite, Farley & Yeboah, David Achanfuo
- 443-454 Sex differences in the likelihood of arrest
by Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J.
- 455-463 Sex offender notification and fear of victimization
by Beck, Victoria Simpson & Travis, Lawrence F.
- 465-475 Paying for the crimes of their children: Public support of parental responsibility
by Brank, Eve M. & Weisz, Victoria
- 477-493 Assessing law enforcement preparedness to address Internet fraud
by Burns, Ronald G. & Whitworth, Keith H. & Thompson, Carol Y.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 283-296 The effect of three-strikes legislation on serious crime in California
by Worrall, John L.
- 297-306 Gambling, substance use, and other problem behaviors among youth: A test of general deviance models
by Welte, John W. & Barnes, Grace M. & Hoffman, Joseph H.
- 307-327 More than ten years after: The long-term stability of informed death penalty opinions
by Bohm, Robert M. & Vogel, Brenda L.
- 329-344 The impact of new immigration patterns on the provision of police services in midwestern communities
by Culver, Leigh
- 345-357 Youth justice conferencing and police referrals: The gatekeeping role of police in Queensland, Australia
by Stewart, Anna Louise & Smith, Frances
- 359-370 The sources and consequences of corrections officers' stress: A South Korean example
by Moon, Byongook & Maxwell, Sheila Royo
- 371-386 Studying the reach of deterrence: Can deterrence theory help explain police misconduct?
by Pogarsky, Greg & Piquero, Alex R.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 183-193 Assessing the Use of Profiling in Searches by Law Enforcement Personnel
by Becker, Stan
- 195-206 What drives punitive beliefs?: Demographic characteristics and justifications for sentencing
by Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R. & Triplett, Ruth A. & Danner, Mona J. E.
- 207-221 What doctors and policymakers should know: Battered women's views about mandatory medical reporting laws
by Alisa Smith, J. D. & Parsons Winokur, Kristin
- 223-229 The reasons for choosing a career in policing among South Korean police cadets
by Moon, Byongook & Hwang, Eui-Gab
- 231-241 An analysis of the relationship between probation caseloads and property crime rates in California counties
by Worrall, John L. & Schram, Pamela & Hays, Eric & Newman, Matthew
- 243-252 Researching workplace homicide: An assessment of the limitations of the Supplementary Homicide Reports
by Bazley, Thomas D. & Mieczkowski, Thomas
- 253-263 Collaborations between drug courts and service providers: Characteristics and challenges
by Wenzel, Suzanne L. & Turner, Susan F. & Ridgely, M. Susan
- 265-279 Police officer characteristics and internal affairs investigations for use of force allegations
by McElvain, James P. & Kposowa, Augustine J.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 95-111 Cumulative exposure to stressful life events and male gang membership
by Eitle, David & Gunkel, Steven & Van Gundy, Karen
- 113-122 Accounting for rapid growth of private policing in South Korea
by Lee, Chang Moo
- 123-135 African American and White perceptions of police services: Within- and between-group variation
by Huebner, Beth M. & Schafer, Joseph A. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 137-150 Probation absconders: A unique risk group?
by Mayzer, Roni & Gray, M. Kevin & Maxwell, Sheila Royo
- 151-157 A study of church vulnerability to violence: Implications for law enforcement
by Bourns, William & Wright, Wesley D.
- 159-170 Studying traffic stop encounters
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Carter, David L. & Katz-Bannister, Andra
- 171-180 Risky lifestyles and dating violence: A theoretical test of violent victimization
by Gover, Angela R.
2004, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-13 The validity of Niederhoffer's cynicism scale
by Hickman, Matthew J. & Piquero, Nicole L. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 15-29 Incivilities in nonmetropolitan communities: The effects of structural constraints, social conditions, and crime
by Reisig, Michael D. & Cancino, Jeffrey Michael
- 31-47 Predicting work-related stress in correctional officers: A meta-analysis
by Dowden, Craig & Tellier, Claude
- 49-62 Social disorganization perceptions, fear of gang crime, and behavioral precautions among Whites, Latinos, and Vietnamese
by Lane, Jodi & Meeker, James W.
- 63-73 Ancillary consequences of employee theft
by Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R.
- 75-83 Barriers to evaluating the effectiveness of drug treatment behind bars
by Miller, J. Mitchell & Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Ventura, Holly E.
- 85-87 The impact of a verbal warning on police consent search practices
by Lichtenberg, Illya
- 89-92 Calling 911 during episodes of domestic abuse: What justifies a call for help?
by Boatright-Horowitz, Su L. & Olick, Kristen & Amaral, Robert
2003, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 497-509 Male and female reasoning biases and offending behavior
by Moore, Simon C. & Harris, Rochelle & McDougall, Cynthia & Clarbour, Jane
- 511-521 Strain and violence: Testing a general strain theory model of community violence
by Warner, Barbara D. & Fowler, Shannon K.
- 523-538 The impact of race on the adjudication of sexual assault and other violent crimes
by Maxwell, Christopher D. & Robinson, Amanda L. & Post, Lori A.
- 539-551 Discriminators of types of recidivism among boot camp graduates in a five-year follow-up study
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J. & Peacock, Mark
- 553-565 Capital punishment preferences for special offender populations
by Boots, Denise Paquette & Cochran, John K. & Heide, Kathleen M.
- 567-577 Experiences of probation supervision in Hong Kong: Listening to the young adult probationers
by Chui, Wing Hong
- 579-587 Digital photographic evidence and the adjudication of domestic violence cases
by Garcia, Crystal A.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 399-409 On the relationship between cognitive abilities and life-course-persistent offending among a sample of African Americans: A longitudinal test of Moffitt's hypothesis
by Piquero, Alex R. & White, Norman A.
- 411-422 Protective order legislation: Trends in state statutes
by Eigenberg, Helen & McGuffee, Karen & Berry, Phyllis & Hall, William H.
- 423-433 Girls, guys, and gangs: Convergence or divergence in the gendered construction of gangs and groups
by St. Cyr, Jenna L. & Decker, Scott H.
- 435-453 Reanalyzing the prevalence and social context of collateral consequence statutes
by Buckler, Kevin G. & Travis, Lawrence F.
- 455-467 Investigating latent trait and life course theories as predictors of recidivism among an offender sample
by O'Connell, Daniel J.
- 469-474 SWAT and non-SWAT police officers and the use of force
by Williams, Jimmy J. & Westall, David
- 475-492 Explaining suspects' resistance and disrespect toward police
by Engel, Robin Shepard
2003, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 295-307 A recidivism analysis of Maryland's community probation program
by Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 309-320 Ethnicity, gender, and the Level of Service Inventory-Revised
by Holsinger, Alexander M. & Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 321-339 Measuring community social organization: Sense of community as a mediator in social disorganization theory
by Cantillon, Dan & Davidson, William S. & Schweitzer, John H.
- 341-350 The Ada Sheriffs Youth Foundation: The development of a decentralized youth program
by Crank, John & Crank, Joe & Christensen, Wendy
- 351-360 Even criminals take a holiday: Instrumental and expressive crimes on major and minor holidays
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Rotton, James
- 361-371 The prevalence and nature of violent offending by females
by Koons-Witt, Barbara A. & Schram, Pamela J.
- 373-381 Sheriff law enforcement officers and the use of force
by Williams, Jimmy J. & Hester, Gary
- 383-396 Crime victimization, alcohol consumption, and drug use in Canadian public housing
by DeKeseredy, Walter S. & Schwartz, Martin D. & Alvi, Shahid & Tomaszewski, E. Andreas
2003, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 199-214 Taking stock: Toward a richer understanding of police culture
by Paoline, Eugene A.
- 215-226 Examining the effects of coping and social support on work and life stress among police officers
by Patterson, George T.
- 227-235 Attitudes toward hate crime laws
by Johnson, Stephen D. & Byers, Bryan D.
- 237-247 Assessing goals and functions of private police
by Nalla, Mahesh K. & Heraux, Cedrick G.
- 249-263 Fear of crime in a nonurban setting
by Crank, John P. & Giacomazzi, Andrew & Heck, Cary
- 265-277 Officer proactivity: A comparison between police field training officers and non-field training officers
by Sun, Ivan Y.
- 279-286 Internal colonization, folk justice, and murder in Appalachia: The case of Kentucky
by Schwaner, Shawn L. & Keil, Thomas J.
- 287-292 Defining and classifying serial murder in the context of perpetrator motivation
by Ferguson, Christopher J. & White, Diana E. & Cherry, Stacey & Lorenz, Marta & Bhimani, Zhara
2003, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 99-105 Official offense status and self-esteem among Chinese youths
by Zhang, Lening
- 107-117 Administrative determinants of inmate violence: A multilevel analysis
by Huebner, Beth M.
- 119-127 Police use of force: examining the relationship between calls for service and the balance of police force and suspect resistance
by MacDonald, John M. & Manz, Patrick W. & Alpert, Geoffrey P. & Dunham, Roger G.
- 129-146 Police civil liability for inappropriate response to domestic assault victims
by Blackwell, Brenda Sims & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 147-154 To bite or not to bite: Canine apprehensions in a large, suburban police department
by Hickey, Edward R. & Hoffman, Peter B.
- 155-168 The impact of organizational justice on correctional staff
by Lambert, Eric
- 169-183 The age of death: Appraising public opinion of juvenile capital punishment
by Vogel, Brenda L. & Vogel, Ronald E.
- 185-195 A multilevel analysis of the effect of cocaine price on cocaine use among arrestees
by Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J.
2003, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-11 Conflict theory and racial profiling: An empirical analysis of police traffic stop data
by Petrocelli, Matthew & Piquero, Alex R. & Smith, Michael R.
- 13-23 Urban crime trends and patterns in Ghana: The case of Accra
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 25-36 General job stress and job-specific stress in juvenile correctional officers
by Auerbach, Stephen M. & Quick, Ben G. & Pegg, Phillip O.
- 37-56 Measuring crime seriousness perceptions: What have we learned and what else do we want to know
by Stylianou, Stelios
- 57-71 Exploring officers' acceptance of community policing: Implications for policy implementation
by Novak, Kenneth J. & Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Lucas, Wayne L.
- 73-84 Racial disproportionality in state prison admissions: Can regional variation be explained by differential arrest rates?
by Sorensen, Jon & Hope, Robert & Stemen, Don
- 85-95 Vandalism of vending machines: Factors that attract professionals and amateurs
by Buck, Andrew J. & Hakim, Simon & Swanson, Charles & Rattner, Arye
2002, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 457-471 The stability of self-control
by Turner, Michael G. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 473-489 One step up, two steps back: The progression of perceptions of women's work in prisons and jails
by Hemmens, Craig & Stohr, Mary K. & Schoeler, Mary & Miller, Bona
- 491-498 Ethical orientations of state police recruits and one-year experienced officers
by Catlin, Dennis W. & Maupin, James R.
- 499-510 The impact of density on jail violence
by Tartaro, Christine
- 511-517 Assessing the impediments to organizational change: A view of community policing
by Allen, Rhonda Y. W.
- 519-533 Street youth and labor market strain
by Baron, Stephen W. & Hartnagel, Timothy F.
- 535-547 An integrated understanding of elder abuse and neglect
by Payne, Brian K.
- 549-558 Publication productivity of criminal justice faculty in criminal justice journals
by Fabianic, David
- 559-566 Differential association in group and solo offending
by Hochstetler, Andy & Copes, Heith & DeLisi, Matt
- 567-574 Gun violence and police problem solving: A research note examining alternative data sources
by Burruss, George W. & Decker, Scott H.
- 575-587 Individual and contextual influences on delinquency: the role of the single-parent family
by Anderson, Amy L.
- 589-601 Social support and homicide: a cross-national test of an emerging criminological theory
by Pratt, Travis C. & Godsey, Timothy W.
- 603-622 The onset of adult offending: A neglected dimension of the criminal career
by Eggleston, Elaine P. & Laub, John H.
- 623-632 Perceived crime seriousness: Consensus and disparity
by Kwan, Ying Keung & Chiu, Lai Lin & Ip, Wai Cheong & Kwan, Patrick
2002, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 355-368 Public order policing: A national survey of abortion-related conflict
by Kenney, Dennis Jay & Reuland, Melissa
- 369-385 The correctional ideology of prison chaplains: A national survey
by Sundt, Jody L. & Cullen, Francis T.
- 387-396 Attributes of highly effective criminal defense negotiators
by Lynch, David R. & Evans, T. David
- 397-408 Incidents of police misconduct and public opinion
by Weitzer, Ronald
- 409-416 Crime and its solutions in Barbados
by Yeboah, David Achanfuo
- 417-427 The effects of neighborhood conditions on perceptions of safety
by Austin, D. Mark & Furr, L. Allen & Spine, Michael
- 429-442 Exploring a source of deviance-producing strain for females: Perceived discrimination and general strain theory
by Eitle, David J.
- 443-453 A test of a crime and justice infotainment measure
by Surette, Ray & Otto, Charles
2002, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 259-272 Linking juvenile and adult patterns of criminal activity in the Providence cohort of the National Collaborative Perinatal Project
by Piquero, Alex R. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 273-286 Insider trading: Patterns and analysis
by Szockyj, Elizabeth & Geis, Gilbert
- 287-301 New sentencing laws follow old patterns:: A Florida case study
by Griset, Pamala L.
- 303-316 The effects of occupation and education on punitive orientations among juvenile justice personnel
by Leiber, Michael J. & Schwarze, Kimberly & Mack, Kristin Y. & Farnworth, Margaret
- 317-325 A study of drug abuse and other causes of homicide in New York
by Tardiff, Kenneth & Marzuk, Peter M. & Lowell, Kira & Portera, Laura & Leon, Andrew C.
- 327-341 Race and attitudes toward the police: Assessing the effects of watching "reality" police programs
by Eschholz, Sarah & Blackwell, Brenda Sims & Gertz, Marc & Chiricos, Ted
- 343-352 Gangs, gang homicides, and gang loyalty:: Organized crimes or disorganized criminals
by Decker, Scott H. & Curry, G. David
2002, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 159-173 Calibrating and measuring theoretical integration in drug treatment programs
by Taxman, Faye S. & Simpson, Sally S. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper
- 175-182 Gender and scholarly productivity: The case of criminal justice
by Stack, Steven
- 183-195 Recent changes in the most-cited scholars in criminal justice textbooks
by Wright, Richard A.
- 197-215 Explanations of employment turnover among Alaska Village Public Safety Officers
by Wood, Darryl S.
- 217-228 Two preeminent theoretical models: A proportional hazard rate analysis of recidivism
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J.
- 229-243 An analyses of the broad crime trends and patterns in Ghana
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 245-256 Law enforcement partnership in community corrections: An evaluation of juvenile offender curfew checks
by Jones, Marshall Alan & Sigler, Robert T.
2002, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 89-100 Public views toward crime and correctional policies: Is there a gender gap?
by Applegate, Brandon K. & Cullen, Francis T. & Fisher, Bonnie S.
- 101-106 The impact of citizen police academies on participants: An exploratory study
by Palmiotto, Michael J. & Unninthan, N. Prabha
- 107-119 Juvenile Conference Committees: Issues in assessing a diversionary court program
by Hassett-Walker, Connie
- 121-134 The influence of emotion on rational decision making in sexual aggression
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A.
- 135-141 Risk of multiple-offender rape-murder varies with female age
by Shackelford, Todd K.
- 143-155 Citizen complaints and problem officers: Examining officer behavior
by Terrill, William & McCluskey, John
2002, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-10 The legal standard of volitional impairment: An analysis of substantive due process and the United States Supreme Court's decision in Kansas v. Hendricks
by Erickson, Patricia E.
- 11-18 The institutional affiliations of authors in leading criminology and criminal justice journals
by Sorensen, Jon & Pilgrim, Rocky
- 19-28 The effect of environment on the behavior of youthful offenders: A randomized experiment
by Armstrong, Todd A.
- 29-39 Correctional prediction and the Level of Supervision Inventory
by Dowdy, Eric R. & Lacy, Michael G. & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 41-49 Juveniles' experiences of incarceration: The role of correctional staff in peer violence
by Peterson-Badali, Michele & Koegl, Christopher J.
- 51-64 Patrol officer supervision in the community policing era
by Engel, Robin Shepard
- 65-76 Police levels and crime rates revisited: A county-level analysis from Florida (1980-1998)
by Kovandzic, Tomislav V. & Sloan, John J.
- 77-86 Police chiefs' perceptions about Miranda: An analysis of survey data
by Time, Victoria M. & Payne, Brian K.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 469-482 Criminal justice in the Middle East
by Crystal, Jill
- 483-492 Low self-control and coworker delinquency: A research note
by Gibson, Chris & Wright, John
- 493-505 Applying Rasch modeling to the validity of a control balance scale
by Piquero, Alex R. & MacIntosh, Randall & Hickman, Matthew
- 507-519 Analytic methods for examining race and ethnic disparity in the juvenile courts
by MacDonald, John M.
- 521-529 Who are the complaint-prone officers?: An examination of the relationship between police officers' attributes, arrest activity, assignment, and citizens' complaints about excessive force
by Brandl, Steven G. & Stroshine, Meghan S. & Frank, James
- 531-541 Women's accounts of their prison experiences: A retrospective view of their subjective realities
by Pogrebin, Mark R. & Dodge, Mary
- 543-554 The rhetoric of personal loyalty to superiors in criminal justice agencies
by Souryal, Sam S. & Diamond, Deanna L.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 365-377 Community policing: is it changing the basic functions of policing?: Findings from a longitudinal study of 200+ municipal police agencies
by Zhao, Jihong & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Robinson, T. Hank
- 379-388 The illicit acquisition of firearms by youth and juveniles
by Braga, Anthony A. & Kennedy, David M.
- 389-405 Police sexual violence and rape myths: Civil liability under Section 1983
by Eschholz, Sarah & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 407-417 Ethnic differences in property, violent, and sex offending for abused and nonabused adolescents
by Perez, Deanna M.
- 419-428 How dangerous are routine police-citizen traffic stops?: A research note
by Lichtenberg, Illya D. & Smith, Alisa
- 429-443 Columbine and student perceptions of safety: A quasi-experimental study
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Hogan, Michael J.
- 445-461 General strain theory, situational anger, and social networks: An assessment of conditioning influences
by Capowich, George E. & Mazerolle, Paul & Piquero, Alex
2001, Volume 29, Issue 4