Journal of Criminal Justice
2000, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 181-188 Multiple parties in domestic violence situations and arrest
by Connolly, Catherine & Huzurbazar, Snehalata & Routh-McGee, Tillie
- 189-202 How kids view cops The nature of juvenile attitudes toward the police
by Hurst, Yolander G. & Frank, James
- 203-213 Determinants of citizen complaints against police abuse of power
by Cao, Liqun & Huang, Bu
- 215-226 A competency analysis of law enforcement training and its linkage to recreation as intervention in youth crime prevention
by Jamieson, Lynn M. & Suren, Asuncion & Knapp, Julie
- 227-235 The evaluation of New Zealand's Habilitation Centre's Pilot Programme
by Yeboah, David
- 237-244 A crime index with Thurstone's scaling of crime severity
by Kwan, Ying Keung & Ip, Wai Cheung & Kwan, Patrick
- 245-249 Criminological scholarship and race: A response to Professors Ross and Edwards
by Miller, J. Mitchell
- 251-255 Criminological scholarship and race: A rejoinder from Professors Ross and Edwards
by Ross, Lee E. & Edwards, Willie J.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 89-101 Strain, anger, and delinquent adaptations Specifying general strain theory
by Mazerolle, Paul & Burton, Velmer S. & Cullen, Francis T. & Evans, T. David & Payne, Gary L.
- 103-115 Assessing the relationships between gender, chronicity, seriousness, and offense skewness in criminal offending
by Piquero, Alex R.
- 117-128 Recent changes in the most-cited scholars in criminology A comparison of textbooks and journals
by Wright, Richard A.
- 129-137 Responding to gangs Comparing gang member, police, and task force perspectives
by Decker, Scott H. & Curry, G. David
- 139-149 Definitions of a gang and impacts on public policy
by Petersen, Rebecca D.
- 151-161 Female-perpetrated spousal homicides The case of Fiji
by Adinkrah, Mensah
2000, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-11 What's up doc? Jaffee v. Redmond and the psychotherapeutic privilege in criminal justice
by Colledge, Dale & Zeigler, Frank & Hemmens, Craig & Hodge, Carl
- 13-21 On classifying driving-while-intoxicated offenders The experiences of a citywide DWI drug court
by Winfree, L. Thomas & Giever, Dennis M.
- 23-31 Prisonization in the Republic of Korea
by Reisig, Michael D. & Lee, Yoon Ho
- 33-42 Community characteristics and in-school criminal victimization
by Clark, Richard D. & Lab, Steven P.
- 43-52 Real and perceived danger in police officer assisted suicide
by Homant, Robert J. & Kennedy, Daniel B. & Hupp, R. Thomas
- 53-68 Boot camps and traditional correctional facilities for juveniles A comparison of the participants, daily activities, and environments
by Gover, Angela R. & MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Styve, Gaylene J.
- 69-82 The tactical face of stalking
by Nicastro, Alana M. & Cousins, Amber V. & Spitzberg, Brian H.
1999, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 483-493 Voluntary turnover of field operations officers: A test of confluency theory
by Harris, Louis M. & Baldwin, J. Norman
- 495-506 Correctional officer attitudes toward inmates and working with inmates in a "get tough" era
by Farkas, Mary Ann
- 507-516 A career stage analysis of police officer work commitment
by McElroy, James C. & Morrow, Paula C. & Wardlow, Thomas R.
- 517-524 Educational backgrounds of most-cited scholars
by Fabianic, David
- 525-538 Toward an understanding of the perception of hiv/aids-related risk among prison officers
by McIntyre, David & Marquart, James W. & Brewer, Victoria
- 539-548 Detention and desistance from crime: Evaluating the influence of a new generation jail on recidivism
by Applegate, Brandon K. & Surette, Ray & McCarthy, Bernard J.
- 549-557 Race, conventional crime, and criminal justice: The declining importance of skin color
by DeLisi, Matt & Regoli, Bob
September 1999, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 395-410 A new training approach to complex decision making for police officers in potentially dangerous interventions
by Helsen, Werner F. & Starkes, Janet L.
- 411-426 An exploratory study: Stereotypes about mothers in prison
by Schram, Pamela J.
- 427-441 Structural and social psychological determinants of prisonization
by Paterline, Brent A. & Petersen, David M.
- 443-455 Deception, detection, and evasion: A trade craft analysis of honolulu, hawaii's street crack-cocaine traffickers
by Knowles, Gordon J.
- 457-465 Evaluations of police performance in an african american sample
by Priest, Thomas B. & Carter, Deborah Brown
- 467-474 Are members of the public tough on crime?: The dimensions of public "punitiveness"
by Sprott, Jane B.
July 1999, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 295-307 Campus crime: A victimization study
by Henson, Verna A. & Stone, William E.
- 309-320 Family structure and race in a sample of criminal offenders
by Bumphus, Vic W. & Anderson, James F.
- 321-332 Are limiting enactments effective? an experimental test of decision making in a presumptive parole state
by Turpin-Petrosino, Carolyn
- 333-343 Restorative justice and offender screening
by Presser, Lois & Lowenkamp, Christopher T.
- 345-359 Changes in the most-cited scholars in twenty criminology and criminal justice journals between 1990 and 1995
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Farrington, David P.
- 361-370 The psychology of suicide-murder and the death penalty
by Van Wormer, Katherine & Odiah, Chuk
- 371-385 Examining the effect of work-home conflict on work-related stress among correctional officers
by Triplett, Ruth & Mullings, Janet L. & Scarborough, Kathryn E.
May 1999, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 195-207 Applying deterrence theory in the context of corporate wrongdoing: Limitations on punitive damages
by Stevens, Ed & Payne, Brian K.
- 209-225 Police discretion and elder mistreatment: A nested model of observation, reporting, and satisfaction
by Daniels, R. Steven & Baumhover, Lorin A. & Formby, William A. & Clark-Daniels, Carolyn L.
- 227-238 "Down home" criminology: The place of indigenous theories of crime
by Willis, Cecil L. & Evans, Thomas David & LaGrange, Randy L.
- 239-247 Victims' wishes for compensation: The immaterial aspect
by Malsch, Marijke & Carriere, Raphaela
- 249-258 Elite versus citizen attitudes on capital punishment: Incongruity between the public and policymakers
by Whitehead, John T. & Blankenship, Michael B. & Wright, John Paul
- 259-274 A comparative analysis of nations with low and high levels of violent crime
by Neapolitan, Jerome L.
- 275-286 Judicial attitudes in assault cases involving alcohol or other drugs
by Macdonald, Scott & Erickson, Patricia & Allen, Barbara
March 1999, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 87-100 Police work and the police profession: Assessing attitudes of city officials, spanish-speaking hispanics, and their english-speaking counterparts
by Cheurprakobkit, Sutham & Bartsch, Robert A.
- 101-109 Youth gangs, drug use, and delinquency
by Zhang, Lening & Welte, John W. & Wieczorek, William F.
- 111-126 A study of recidivism of serious and persistent offenders among adolescents
by Benda, Brent B. & Tollett, Connie L.
- 127-141 Examining the congruence between predictors of ror and failures to appear
by Maxwell, Sheila Royo
- 143-154 Health risk as an emerging field within the new penology
by Marquart, James W. & Brewer, Victoria E. & Mullings, Janet L. & Crouch, Ben M.
- 155-172 An empirical evaluation of a sanction continuum: Pathways through the juvenile justice system
by Holsinger, Alex M. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 173-192 School violence: The effectiveness of a school resource officer program in a southern city
by Johnson, Ida M.
January 1999, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-10 Who wants a gun license?
by Schwaner, Shawn L. & Furr, L. Allen & Negrey, Cynthia L. & Seger, Rachelle E.
- 11-19 An economic analysis of guns, crime, and gun control
by McDonald, John F.
- 21-31 Denial of handgun purchase: A description of the affected population and a controlled study of their handgun preferences
by Wintemute, Garen J. & Wright, Mona A. & Parham, Carrie A. & Drake, Christiana M. & Beaumont, James J.
- 33-44 Violence and drug use in juvenile institutions
by MacDonald, John M.
- 45-54 Age, self-control, and adults' offending behaviors: A research note assessing A general theory of crime
by BurtonJr., Velmer S. & Evans, T. David & Cullen, Francis T. & Olivares, Kathleen M. & Dunaway, R. Gregory
- 55-64 Legal and racial elements of public willingness to transfer juvenile offenders to adult court
by Feiler, Stephen M. & Sheley, Joseph F.
- 65-79 Patterns of arrest in domestic violence encounters: Identifying a police decision-making model
by Kane, Robert J.
November 1998, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 441-452 Crime prevention and the attitude toward the criminal justice system: The effects of a multimedia campaign
by Kuttschreuter, Margot & Wiegman, Oene
- 453-464 Gender and perception of prisons and prisoners
by Haghighi, Bahram & Lopez, Alma
- 465-480 Criminal justice: Portrait of a discipline in process
by Marenin, Otwin & Worrall, John
- 481-502 The consequences of error: Recidivism prediction and civil-libertarian ratios
by Smith, William R. & Smith, D. Randall
- 503-511 Felony and misdemeanor defendants filed in the u.s. district courts during fiscal years 1990-95: An analysis of the filings of each offense level
by Walker, Patrick
- 513-523 Race and sentencing: A meta-analysis of conflicting empirical research results
by Pratt, Travis C.
September 1998, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 359-371 Adult sexual assault: The role of racial/ethnic composition in prosecution and sentencing
by Kingsnorth, Rodney & Lopez, John & Wentworth, Jennifer & Cummings, Debra
- 373-384 Juvenile justice decision making in a rural hispanic community
by Bond-Maupin, Lisa J. & Maupin, James R.
- 385-398 The impact of the religious freedom restoration act on prisons
by Jr., Rudolph Alexander
- 399-408 The status of criminal justice p.d. programs in higher education
by Fabianic, David
- 409-424 Violent crime in ghana: The case of robbery
by Appiahene-Gyamfi, Joseph
- 425-435 The fractal dimension of policing
by Verma, Arvind
July 1998, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 267-277 Determinants of minority employment in american municipal police agencies: The representation of african american officers
by Zhao, Jihong & Lovrich, Nicholas
- 279-289 Public attitudes toward the police: A comparative study between japan and america
by Cao, Liqun & Stack, Steven & Sun, Yi
- 291-306 Matching police-community expectations: A method of determining policing models
by Jiao, Allan Y.
- 307-320 Relationship of psychological, demographic, and legal variables to court decisions of competency to stand trial among mentally retarded criminal defendants
by Ho, Taiping & Henderson, Bruce B.
- 321-336 Popular culture as an ideological mask: Mass-produced popular culture and the remaking of criminal justice-related imagery
by Lynch, Michael J. & Krzycki, Lenny A.
- 337-347 Police job satisfaction as a function of career orientation and position tenure: Implications for selection and community policing
by Hoath, David R. & Schneider, Frank W. & Starr, Meyer W.
May 1998, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 175-183 An evaluation of the written selection test: effectiveness and alternatives
by Gaines, Larry K. & Falkenberg, Steven
- 185-194 Public attitudes toward police pursuit driving
by MacDonald, John M. & Alpert, Geoffrey P.
- 195-211 Linking exposure to strain with anger: an investigation of deviant adaptations
by Mazerolle, Paul & Piquero, Alex
- 213-226 Job attitudes among higher-custody state prison management personnel: a cross-sectional comparative assessment
by Reisig, Michael D. & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 227-236 Perceptions of crime seriousness in the african american community: exploring the presence of consensus
by Vogel, Brenda L.
- 237-249 Alcohol, cocaine, and criminality: specifying an interaction effect model
by Yu, Jiang
- 251-258 Defensive gun use: vengeful vigilante imagery versus reality: results from the national self-defense survey
by Kovandzic, Tomislav & Gertz, Gary Kleck Marc
March 1998, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 87-97 Predicting citizen race in allegations of misconduct against the police
by Lersch, Kim Michelle
- 99-116 Changes in the most-cited scholars in major american criminology and criminal justice journals between 1986-1990 and 1991-1995
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Farrington, David P.
- 117-128 Low levels of stress among canadian correctional officers in the northern region of ontario
by Pollak, Charlotte & Sigler, Robert
- 129-143 On preventing drunk driving recidivism: an examination of rehabilitation and punishment approaches
by Taxman, Faye S. & Piquero, Alex
- 145-157 Parenting on trial: state wards' and governments' accountability in australia
by Bessant, Judith & Hil, Richard
1998, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-19 Taboo until today? The coverage of biological arguments in criminology textbooks, 1961 to 1970 and 1987 to 1996
by Wright, Richard A. & Miller, J. Mitchell
- 21-28 Race and its effect on police officers' perceptions of misconduct
by Son, In Soo & Davis, Mark S. & Rome, Dennis M.
- 29-40 Publishing among African American criminologists: A devaluing experience?
by Ross, Lee E. & Edwards, Willie J.
- 41-51 A typology of private policing operational styles
by Micucci, Anthony
- 53-59 What happened depends on whom you ask: A comparison of police records and victim reports regarding arrests for woman battering
by Fleury, Ruth E. & Sullivan, Cris M. & Bybee, Deborah I. & Davidson, William S.
- 61-70 Predicting crime story salience: The effects of crime, victim, and defendant characteristics
by Chermak, Steven
November 1997, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 447-462 The impact of race on perceptions of criminal injustice
by Henderson, Martha L. & Cullen, Francis T. & Cao, Liqun & Browning, Sandra Lee & Kopache, Renee
- 463-475 Victimization surveys and the accuracy and reliability of official crime data in developing countriesPublications received
by Marenin, Otwin
- 477-500 A quota jury: affirmative action in jury selection
by Fukurai, Hiroshi
- 501-515 Emerging trends in correctional civil liability cases: a content analysis of federal court decisions of title 42 united states code section 1983: 1970-1994Publications received
by Ross, Darrell L.
- 517-526 Differential indicators of defensive weapon ownership: a comparison by genderPublications received
by DeJong, Christina
- 527-540 Criminal justice and ethical ideology: an exploration of a loyalty-truthfulness dilemma
by Byers, Bryan & Powers, William G.
1997, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 347-366 Political patronage in law enforcement: Civil liability against police supervisors for violating their subordinates' first amendment rights
by Vaughn, Michael S.
- 367-379 The nonenforcement role of police in western Alaska and the eastern Canadian arctic: An analysis of police tasks in remote arctic communities
by Wood, Darryl S. & Trostle, Lawrence C.
- 381-395 The effect of a videotaped arrest on public perceptions of police use of force
by Jefferis, Eric S. & Kaminski, Robert J. & Holmes, Stephen & Hanley, Dena E.
- 397-408 Participative management and correctional personnel: A study of the perceived atmosphere for participation in correctional decision making and its impact on employee stress and thoughts about quitting
by Slate, Risdon N. & Vogel, Ronald E.
- 409-423 Testing the deviance syndrome perspective among boot camp participants
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J.
- 425-433 Pre-service correctional officers: What do they think about treatment?
by Paboojian, Aliene & Teske, Raymond H. C.
1997, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 265-277 Assessing the effects of race and class on juvenile justice processing in Ohio
by Wu, Bohsiu & Cernkovich, Stephen & Dunn, Christopher S.
- 279-288 The effect of available capacity on jail incarceration: An empirical test of Parkinson's law
by D'Alessio, Stewart J. & Stolzenberg, Lisa
- 289-302 Gang crime and its punishment in China
by Zhang, Lening & Messner, Steven F. & Lu, Zhou & Deng, Xiaogang
- 303-314 The impact of trauma and social support on Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A study of New Zealand police officers
by Stephens, Christine & Long, Nigel & Miller, Ian
- 315-323 A national survey of pursuits and the use of police force: Data from law enforcement agencies
by Kenney, Dennis Jay & Alpert, Geoffrey P.
- 325-334 Crime control and harassment of the innocent
by Dacey, Raymond & Gallant, Kenneth S.
1997, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 177-194 Explaining the absence of violent crime among the Semai of Malaysia: Is criminological theory up to the task?
by Moss, Geoffrey
- 195-203 Television dramas and homicide causation
by Fabianic, David
- 205-210 Victimization rates for domestic travelers
by Wellford, Charles F.
- 211-222 Liability issues affecting probation and parole supervision
by Morgan, Kathryn D. & Belbot, Barbara A. & Clark, John
- 223-229 Select legal and ethical aspects of fitness for duty evaluations
by Super, John T.
- 231-254 Grave doubts about "reasonable doubt": Confusion in state and federal courts
by Hemmens, Craig & Scarborough, Kathryn E. & del Carmen, Rolando V.
1997, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 87-101 Patrol police officer conflict resolution processes
by Cooper, Christopher
- 103-113 Prison disciplinary tickets: A test of the deprivation and importation models
by Cao, Liqun & Zhao, Jihong & Van Dine, Steve
- 115-124 Age-structure trends and prison populations
by Marvell, Thomas B. & Moody, Carlisle E.
- 125-139 The effects of social area characteristics on the relationship between social class and delinquency
by Jarjoura, G. Roger & Triplett, Ruth
- 141-154 Evaluations of institutional legitimacy and court system fairness: A study of gender differences
by Fossati, Thomas E. & Meeker, James W.
- 155-163 Drunk drivers in the courts: Legal and extra-legal factors affecting pleas and sentences
by Meyer, Jona & Gray, Tara
1997, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-18 Community crime prevention: Addressing background and foreground causes of criminal behavior
by Ward, Carolyn M.
- 19-30 A study of traffic pattern modifications in an urban crime prevention program
by Wagner, Allen E.
- 31-41 The validity of self-reported marijuana and cocaine use
by Katz, Charles M. & Webb, Vincent J. & Gartin, Patrick R. & Marshall, Chris E.
- 43-47 Intelligence testing and officer certification examination standing
by Super, John T.
- 49-60 Legal decision models: Training aids and job aids for professionals
by Larsen, Clark R. & Yelon, Stephen & Irving, Paul Douglas
- 61-73 Evaluating jail reform: A comparative analysis of podular/direct and linear jail inmate infractions
by Senese, Jeffrey D.
1996, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 481-490 Police handling of domestic calls: The importance of offender's presence in the arrest decision
by Feder, Lynette
- 491-502 Cultural diversity and social order: Rethinking the role of community policing
by Lynes, David A.
- 503-522 An impact of community policing: Reported stressors, social support, and strain among police officers in a changing police department
by Lord, Vivian B.
- 523-535 Adolescents as offenders, social order, and the morality of work in a postindustrial society: The Australian experience
by Bessant, Judith
- 537-547 An empirical assessment of the AIDS Risk Reduction Model (ARRM) employing ordered probit analyses
by Lanier, Mark M. & Gates, Scott
- 549-561 American Indians and sentencing disparity: An Arizona test
by Alvarez, Alexander & Bachman, Ronet D.
1996, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 379-391 Victims of random violence and the public health implication: A health care or criminal justice issue?
by Anderson, James F. & Grandison, Terry & Dyson, Laronistine
- 393-406 Armed self-defense: The Canadian case
by Mauser, Gary A.
- 407-418 The perception of risk in the workplace: A test of routine activity theory
by Madriz, Esther
- 419-430 Public perceptions of interpersonal violence
by Johnson, Ida & Sigler, Robert T.
- 431-436 Impact of casinos on crime: The case of Biloxi, Mississippi
by Chang, Semoon
- 437-448 Service versus security concerns in contemporary jails: Testing general differences in training topic assessments
by Stohr, Mary K. & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Wood, Marcia J.
- 449-458 The birth of the prison: Discipline or punish?
by Sullivan, Robert R.
- 459-467 The most-cited scholars in criminal justice textbooks, 1989-1993
by Wright, Richard A. & Cohn, Ellen G.
1996, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 291-308 Work-related stress and coping among correctional officers: Implications from organizational literature
by Triplett, Ruth & Mullings, Janet L. & Scarborough, Kathryn E.
- 309-322 Racial discrimination in the criminal justice system: Findings and problems in the literature
by Weitzer, Ronald
- 323-335 Imprisonment as rehabilitation: Offenders' assessment of why it does not work
by Kolstad, Arnulf
- 337-350 Assessment of retardation among mentally retarded criminal offenders: An examination of racial disparity
by Ho, Taiping
- 351-360 The case study as a jury research methodology
by Levine, James P.
- 361-367 Sources of firearm acquisition among a sample of inner-city youths: Research results and policy implications
by Smith, M. Dwayne
1996, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 191-205 Lifestyles of the old and not so fearful: Life situation and older persons' fear of crime
by McCoy, H. Virginia & Wooldredge, John D. & Cullen, Francis T. & Dubeck, Paula J. & Browning, Sandra L.
- 207-226 Putting school crime into perspective: Self-reported school victimizations of high school seniors
by Hanke, Penelope J.
- 227-240 Predicting criminal recidivism: A comparison of neural network models with statistical methods
by Caulkins, Jonathan & Cohen, Jacqueline & Gorr, Wilpen & Wei, Jifa
- 241-253 Recidivism among boot camp graduates: A comparison of drug offenders to other offenders
by Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J. & Whiteside, Leanne
- 255-264 In the line of duty: A descriptive analysis of police assaults and accidents
by Brandl, Steven G.
- 265-271 The Citizen Police Academy: A recipe for improving police-community relations
by Cohn, Ellen G.
- 273-281 Treatment of chronic drunk drivers: A four-year follow-up of the turning point project
by Langworthy, Robert H. & Latessa, Edward J.
1996, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 99-107 Police stress: State-Trait Anxiety in relation to occupational and personal stressors
by Storch, Jerome E. & Panzarella, Robert
- 109-121 Further exploration of the flight from discretion: The role of risk/need instruments in probation supervision decisions
by Schneider, Anne L. & Ervin, Laurie & Snyder-Joy, Zoann
- 123-138 Law reform and social change: A time-series analysis of sexual assault in Canada
by Schissel, Bernard
- 139-152 Prison civil liability for inmate-against-inmate assault and breakdown/disorganization theory
by Vaughn, Michael S.
- 153-166 Race and correctional officers' punitive attitudes toward treatment programs for inmates
by Jackson, Jerome E. & Ammen, Sue
- 167-178 Prisoners' rights to recreation: Quantity, quality, and other aspects
by Lee, Robert D.
1996, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-15 The impact of race on the investigation of excessive force allegations against police
by Kerstetter, Wayne A. & Rasinski, Kenneth A. & Heiert, Cami L.
- 17-28 Public perceptions of state police: An analysis of individual-level and contextual variables
by Correia, Mark E. & Reisig, Michael D. & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 29-38 Affirmative action and selected minority groups in law enforcement
by Stokes, Larry D. & Scott, James F.
- 39-55 Race, drug, and criminal sentencing: Hidden effects of the criminal law
by Barnes, Carole Wolff & Kingsnorth, Rodney
- 57-70 Three strikes and you're in: A streams and windows model of incremental policy change
by Saint-Germain, Michelle A. & Calamia, Robert A.
- 71-88 Race, social class, and jury participation: New dimensions for evaluating discrimination in jury service and jury selection
by Fukurai, Hiroshi
1995, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 501-518 "A general theory of crime" and patterns of crime in Nigeria: An exploration of methodological assumptions
by Marenin, Otwin & Reisig, Michael D.
- 519-529 When crime reporting goes high-tech: An experimental test of computerized citizen response to crime
by Lasley, James R. & Palombo, Bernadette Jones
- 531-540 Validity of self-reported cocaine and opiate use among arrestees in five cities
by McElrath, Karen & Dunham, Roger & Cromwell, Paul
- 541-554 Direct supervision and delinquency: Assessing the adequacy of structural proxies
by Broidy, Lisa M.
- 555-567 School environment, self-esteem, and delinquency
by Ross, Lee E.
1995, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 395-415 Police civil liability under section 1983: When do police officers act under color of law?
by Vaughn, Michael S. & Coomes, Lisa F.
- 417-424 Probabilities and odds in hot pursuit: A benefit-cost analysis
by Crew, Robert E. & Fridell, Lorie A. & Pursell, Karen
- 425-438 History, memory, and justice: The Touvier trial in France
by Merchant, Jennifer
- 439-450 Reconstructing homicide events: The role of witnesses in fatal encounters
by Decker, Scott H.
- 451-460 Lone versus multiple offending in homicide: Differences in situational context
by Clark, Richard D.
- 461-476 Drinking in violent and nonviolent events leading to arrest: Evidence from a survey of arrestees
by Wiley, James A. & Weisner, Constance
- 477-487 Community attitudes: A study of definitions and punishment of spouse abusers and child abusers
by Johnson, Ida M. & Sigler, Robert T.
1995, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 303-311 The most-cited scholars in criminology: A comparison of textbooks and journals
by Wright, Richard A.
- 313-323 Damned on arrival: A preliminary study of the relationship between homicide, emergency medical care, and race
by Hanke, Penelope J. & Gundlach, James H.
- 325-336 Public information officers: A descriptive study of crime news gatekeepers
by Surette, Ray & Richard, Alfredo
- 337-347 Police reform: Rethinking operational policing
by Dean, Geoff
- 349-362 Determinate sentencing and agenda building: A case study of the failure of a reform
by Griset, Pamala L.
- 363-375 The effect of victim impact statements on sentencing patterns and outcomes: The Australian experience
by Erez, Edna & Roeger, Leigh
- 377-384 Fear of punishment and the willingness to engage in criminal behavior: A research note
by Gertz, Marc G. & Gould, Leroy C.
1995, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 209-221 AIDS in correctional facilities: Current status of legal issues critical to policy development
by Jacobs, Susan
- 223-241 The importance of county context in the measurement of sentence disparity: The search for routinization
by Myers, Laura B. & Reid, Sue Titus
- 243-258 Corruption, law, and justice: A conceptual clarification
by Deflem, Mathieu
- 259-275 Police use of computers
by Northrop, Alana & Kraemer, Kenneth L. & King, John Leslie
- 277-285 Police officers' perceptions of the Nigeria Police Force: Its effects on the social organization of policing
by Okereke, Godpower O.
- 287-294 Police stressors: Variations in perception among police personnel
by Violanti, John M. & Aron, Fred
1995, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 111-126 The impact of parental controls on delinquency
by Burton, Velmer S. & Evans, T. David & Kethineni, Sesha R. & Cullen, Francis T. & Gregory Dunaway, R. & Payne, Gary L.
- 127-141 Evaluating the use of social skills training and employment with delinquent youth
by Leiber, Michael J. & Mawhorr, Tina L.