Journal of Criminal Justice
1995, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 53-61 Gender, psychopathology, and institutional behavior: A comparison of male and female mentally ill prison inmates
by McCorkle, Richard C.
- 63-82 The effects of court structure on juvenile court decisionmaking
by Johnson, James B. & Secret, Philip E.
- 83-91 Race of appellant, sentencing guidelines, and decisionmaking in criminal appeals: A research note
by Williams, Jimmy J.
- 93-97 A preliminary analysis of the effect of an emergency case review process on per diem terminations
by Goldsmith, Herb
1994, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 477-494 Twenty years of operational use of a risk prediction instrument: The United States parole commission's salient factor score
by Hoffman, Peter B.
- 495-502 A study of the outcomes of probation officers and risk-screening instruments classifications
by Sigler, Robert & Williams, Jimmy J.
- 503-515 Residential probation: A seven-year follow-up study of halfway house discharges
by Hartman, David J. & Friday, Paul C. & Minor, Kevin I.
- 517-534 Who are the most-cited scholars in major American criminology and criminal justice journals?
by Cohn, Ellen G. & Farrington, David P.
- 535-547 Scholarly productivity in criminal justice: Institutional affiliation of authors in the top ten criminal justice journals
by Sorensen, Jonathan R.
- 549-558 The tragedy of academic criminal justice
by Sullivan, Robert R.
- 559-567 From vanguard to vanished: The declining influence of criminology textbooks on scholarship
by Wright, Richard A. & Carroll, Kelly
- 569-575 Research note: Using cost-benefit analysis to measure rehabilitation and special deterrence
by Gray, Tara
1994, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 393-406 Reciprocity between organizations and institutional environments: A study of operation Valkyrie
by Crank, John P. & Rehm, Lee R.
- 407-424 Police civil liability for abandonment in high crime areas and other high risk situations
by Vaughn, Michael S.
- 425-435 Citizen preferences and perceptions concerning police pursuit policies
by Homant, Robert J. & Kennedy, Daniel B.
- 437-444 Sobriety checkpoints, American style
by Laurence Ross, H.
- 445-457 Anticipatory undercover targeting in high schools
by Jacobs, Bruce A.
- 459-466 Anger management training for law enforcement personnel
by Abernethy, Alexis D. & Cox, Christopher
1994, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 297-312 Explaining detention worker orientation: Individual characteristics, occupational conditions, and organizational environment
by Bazemore, Gordon & Dicker, Todd J.
- 313-327 Staff stress in contemporary jails: Assessing problem severity and the payoff of progressive personnel practices
by Stohr, Mary K. & Lovrich, Nicholas P. & Wilson, Gregory L.
- 329-339 Factors determining waiver in a juvenile court
by Lee, Leona
- 341-353 Factors associated with probation outcome
by Morgan, Kathryn D.
- 355-366 Punishment celerity and severity: Testing a specific deterrence model on drunk driving recidivism
by Yu, Jiang
- 367-381 Inmate crime and victimization in a southwestern correctional facility
by Wooldredge, John D.
1994, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 195-204 Issues and perspectives of law enforcement accreditation: A national study of police chiefs
by Carter, David L. & Sapp, Allen D.
- 205-213 To have or not to have a handbook: The legal effect of employee handbooks on law enforcement agencies
by Moore, Eric & del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 215-221 Complaints against the police: Predicting dispositions
by Griswold, David B.
- 223-236 Woman battering and police referrals
by Belknap, Joanne & Douglas McCall, K.
- 237-248 Domestic violence: A comparative study of perceptions and attitudes toward domestic abuse cases among social service and criminal justice professionals
by Johnson, Ida M. & Sigler, Robert T. & Crowley, Joan E.
- 249-265 The penalty of hand amputation for theft in Islamic justice
by Souryal, Sam S. & Potts, Dennis W. & Alobied, Abdullah I.
- 267-275 Gang homicides in California: A discriminant analysis
by Bailey, Gary W. & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 277-286 Work-load rates and police officer attitudes: An examination of busy and slow precincts
by Brooks, Laure Weber & Piquero, Alex & Cronin, James
1994, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 89-105 The theory of social control: Does it apply to the very young?
by Leonard, Kimberly Kempf & Decker, Scott H.
- 107-123 A study of criminal justice discretion
by Miller, J. Langley & Sloan, John J.
- 125-143 A comparison of factors associated with uninformed and informed death penalty opinions
by Bohm, Robert M. & Vogel, Ronald E.
- 145-157 DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid) evidence and criminal trials: An exploratory survey of factors associated with the use of "genetic fingerprinting" in felony prosecutions
by Purcell, Noreen & Winfree, L. Thomas & Mays, G. Larry
- 159-170 Firearms and fido: Ownership of injurious means of protection
by Luxenburg, Joan & Cullen, Francis T. & Langworthy, Robert H. & Kopache, Renee
- 171-180 Boozing and brawling on campus: A national study of violent problems associated with drinking over the past decade
by Engs, Ruth C. & Hanson, David J.
1994, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-12 Victim impact statements and victim satisfaction: An unfulfilled promise?
by Davis, Robert C. & Smith, Barbara E.
- 13-26 Case processing in the Harris county, Texas criminal justice system: A comparison across crime types
by Triplett, Ruth & Miller, Susan L.
- 27-40 Twenty-two years of federal investment in criminal justice research: The National Institute of Justice, 1968-1989
by Wright, Kevin N.
- 41-50 The processing of homicide cases with child victims: Systemic and situational contingencies
by Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 51-61 The correlates of campus crime: An analysis of reported crimes on college and university campuses
by Sloan, John J.
- 63-69 The mean cost rating (MCR) is Somers' D: A methodological note
by Greene, Michael A. & Hoffman, Peter B. & Beck, James L.
1993, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 533-552 A sociolegal analysis of Canadian youth justice: The impact of offender's race on judicial decisions
by Schissel, Bernard
- 553-572 Assessing police work experiences: Development of the police daily hassles and uplifts scales
by Hart, Peter M. & Wearing, Alexander J. & Headey, Bruce
- 573-582 Observations on stranger homicide
by Polk, Kenneth
- 583-594 Extraterritorial criminal jurisdiction: Its impact on criminal justice
by Felkenes, George T.
- 595-603 Criminal procedure in Uruguay, South America: A test of the universal applicability of Ingraham's six stages of criminal procedure
by Smykla, Evelyn Ortiz & Smykla, John Ortiz
1993, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 433-445 Data set comparability and short-term trends in crime and delinquency
by Menard, Scott & Elliot, Delbert S.
- 447-466 Recent trends in official male and female crime rates: The convergence controversy
by Austin, Roy L.
- 467-479 Applying computer simulation to forecast homicide rates
by Lanier, Mark M. & Carter, David L.
- 481-495 Abandoned buildings: Magnets for crime?
by Spelman, William
- 497-507 Burglar alarms and the choice behavior of burglars: A suburban phenomenon
by Buck, Andrew J. & Hakim, Simon & Rengert, George F.
- 509-516 The use of multiple indicators to estimate crime trends in American cities
by Bursik, Robert J. & Grasmick, Harold G.
- 517-520 Are crime waves in the United States regional or national?
by Winsberg, Morton D.
1993, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 313-324 An assessment of work stress among police executives
by Crank, John P. & Regoli, Bob & Hewitt, John D. & Culbertson, Robert G.
- 325-337 A content analysis of police civil liability cases: Decisions of the Federal District Courts, 1978-1990
by Kappeler, Victor E. & Kappeler, Stephen F. & del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 339-352 Police ethics: A critical perspective
by Donahue, Michael E. & Felts, Arthur A.
- 353-382 Causes of police behavior revisited
by Riksheim, Eric C. & Chermak, Steven M.
- 383-394 Vice isn't nice: A look at the effects of working undercover
by Pogrebin, Mark R. & Poole, Eric D.
- 395-409 Police minority recruitment: Predicting who will say yes to an offer for a job as a cop
by Kaminski, Robert J.
- 411-417 What does high stress police training teach recruits? An analysis of coping
by Violanti, John M.
1993, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 209-221 Changes in the drinking age and crime
by Joksch, Hans C. & Jones, Ralph K.
- 223-230 Discrepant values, correlated measures: cross-city and longitudinal comparisons of self-reports and urine tests of cocaine use among arrestees
by Rosenfeld, Richard & Decker, Scott
- 231-244 The implementation of federally funded multijurisdictional drug task forces: organizational structure and interagency relationships
by McGarrell, Edmund F. & Schlegel, Kip
- 245-263 Criminal justice enters the womb: enforcing the "right" to be born drug-free
by Peak, Ken & Del Papa, Frankie Sue
- 265-276 Treatment of chronic drunk drivers: the turning point project
by Langworthy, Robert & Latessa, Edward J.
- 277-283 An epidemiologic study of alcohol and suicide risk in Ohio jails and lockups, 1975-1984
by Davis, Mark S. & Muscat, Joshua E.
- 285-293 Research note: acquired immunity deficiency syndrome and mexican inmate knowledge and behavior
by Michael Olivero, J. & Mounce, Gary
1993, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 103-116 Slamming the federal courthouse door on inmates
by Alexander, Rudolph
- 117-130 A full employment policy for prisons in the United States: Some arguments, estimates, and implications
by Flanagan, Timothy J. & Maguire, Kathleen
- 131-142 Correctional employee turnover: A longitudinal study
by Wright, Thomas A.
- 143-150 Using psychological tests to discriminate between "best" and "least best" correctional officers
by Super, John T. & Blau, T. H. & Wells, Charles B. & Murdock, Newton H.
- 151-171 Smoke-free prisons: Policy dilemmas and constitutional issues
by Vaughn, Michael S. & Del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 173-184 Overseas-born female inmates in Australia: A prison within a prison
by Easteal, Patricia Weiser
- 185-191 "Overcrowding" in Nigerian prisons: A critical appraisal
by Aduba, J. Nnamdi
1993, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-11 Public opinion regarding sentences for crime: Does it exist?
by Durham, Alexis M.
- 13-27 Attitudinal determinants of public opinions toward legalized pornography
by Wu, Bohsiu & McCaghy, Charles H.
- 29-45 Knowledge and death penalty opinion: A panel study
by Bohm, Robert M. & Vogel, Ronald E. & Maisto, Albert A.
- 47-60 Victim participation in proceedings and satisfaction with justice in the continental systems: The case of Poland
by Erez, Edna & Bienkowska, Ewa
- 61-77 Socioeconomic status and the sentencing of the traditional offender
by D'Alessio, Stewart J. & Stolzenberg, Lisa
- 79-85 An analysis of the prosecutory effects of a child sexual abuse victim-witness program
by Dible, Debra A. & Teske, Raymond H. C.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 501-516 The one-year community supervision performance of drug offenders and Louisiana DOC-identified substance abusers graduating from shock incarceration
by Shaw, James W. & Mackenzie, Doris L.
- 517-525 The processing of drug arrestees: Questioning the assumption of an ambivalent reaction
by Kraska, Peter B.
- 527-539 First-time and multiple-DWI offenders: A comparison of criminal history records and BAC levels
by Gould, Larry A. & Gould, Kristin Herke
- 541-551 The spatial distribution of sting targets
by Langworthy, Robert H. & LeBeau, James L.
- 553-566 Convinience store robberies: Security measures and store robbery incidents
by Calder, James D. & Bauer, John R.
- 567-571 Academic credit for life experiences in criminal justice: Issues and concerns
by Janeksela, Galan M. & Iacovetta, Ronald G.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 385-399 Police officer decisionmaking in potentially violent confrontations
by Fridell, Lorie A. & Binder, Arnold
- 401-412 Police style and legally serious crime: A contextual analysis of municipal police departments
by Crank, John P.
- 413-428 Appraising the performance of police patrol officers: The Florida experience
by Gianakis, Gerasimos A.
- 429-441 The police personality: Type A behavior and trait anxiety
by Evans, Barry J. & Coman, Greg J. & Stanley, Robb O.
- 443-454 One- and two-person patrols: A review
by Wilson, Carlene & Brewer, Neil
- 455-478 Staff turnover in new generation jails: An investigation of its causes and prevention
by Stohr, Mary K. & Self, Ruth L. & Lovrich, Nicholas P.
- 479-486 Stress in corrections: An overview of the issues
by Huckabee, Robert G.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 1-1 Editorial: Software survey section
by Joscelyn, Kent B.
- 283-295 Drug treatment in jails: Results of a nationwide survey
by Peters, Roger H. & May, Robert L. & Kearns, William D.
- 297-309 Men guarding women: An analysis of the employment of male correction officers in prisons for women
by Zupan, Linda L.
- 311-331 Women misdemeanants in the allegheny county jail 1892-1923
by Crowley, Joan E. & Adrian, Lynne M.
- 333-342 Ruffin v. Virginia and slaves of the state: A nonexistent baseline of prisoners' rights jurisprudence
by Wallace, Donald H.
- 343-353 Inmate classification
by Bonta, James & Motiuk, Laurence L.
- 355-365 Bringing the convict back in: An ecological approach to inmate adaptions
by Fry, Lincoln J. & Frese, Wolfgang
1992, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 181-200 Hidden disparities in case processing: New York state, 1985-1986
by Nelson, James F.
- 201-215 From victim to political activist: An empirical examination of a statewide victims' rights movement
by Smith, Brent L. & Huff, C. Ronald
- 217-226 The effects of the Furman and Gregg decisions on black-white execution ratios in the south
by Keil, Thomas J. & Vito, Gennaro F.
- 227-236 Retribution and capital punishment: Toward a better understanding of death penalty opinion
by Bohm, Robert M.
- 237-248 DNA fingerprinting: Basic techniques, problems, and solutions
by Herrera, Rene J. & Tracey, Martin L.
- 249-259 The effects of emergency medical care on the homicide rate: Some additional evidence
by Giacopassi, David J. & Sparger, Jerry R. & Stein, Preston M.
- 261-266 Jury nullification, or prejudice and ignorance in the Marion Barry trial
by Simon, Rita J.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 93-106 Metropolitan gang influence and the emergence of group delinquency in a regional community
by Zevitz, Richard G. & Takata, Susan R.
- 107-120 Inferring the criminal mind: Toward a bridge between legal doctrine and psychological understanding
by Severance, Laurence J. & Goodman, Jane & Loftus, Elizabeth F.
- 121-133 Toward a more just criminal code in pre-revolutionary France: J.-P. Brissot (1754-1793)
by Loft, Leonore
- 135-145 Spatial evolution of a sting clientele
by Langworthy, Robert H. & Lebeau, James L.
- 147-160 Liberty, restraint, and criminal justice: Gerald Ford's presidential concerns
by Felkenes, George T.
1992, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-12 Probationer violations and officer response
by Clear, Todd R. & Harris, Patricia M. & Baird, S. Christopher
- 13-24 Determinants of probation and parole officer professional orientation
by Whitehead, John T. & Lindquist, Charles A.
- 25-40 Improving citizen perceptions of the police: "Back to the basics" with a community policing strategy
by Peak, Ken & Bradshaw, Robert V. & Glensor, Ronald W.
- 41-52 Entry-level police selection: The assessment center is an alternative
by Pynes, Joan & John Bernardin, H.
- 53-62 Probation officer victimization: An emerging concern
by Lindner, Charles & Koehler, Richard J.
- 63-71 A comparison of perceptions of the work environment between minority and non-minority employees of the federal prison system
by Wright, Kevin N. & Saylor, William G.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 499-513 Development and crime in Africa: A test of modernization theory
by Arthur, John
- 515-523 Age at first court intervention and the likelihood of recidivism among less serious juvenile offenders
by Wooldredge, John D.
- 525-536 The sentencing of young adult offenders in Israeli courts: Probation versus imprisonment
by Frishtik, Mordechai
- 537-547 Public versus private control: A reassessment
by Nalla, Mahesh K. & Newman, Graeme R.
- 549-561 Institutional productivity in criminal justice and criminology: An examination of author affiliation in selected journals
by Taggart, William A. & Holmes, Malcolm D.
- 563-567 Encouraging news for criminologists (in the year 2050)? A comment on O'Brien (1990)
by Menard, Scott
- 569-574 Detrended UCR and NCS crime rates: Their utility and meaning
by O'Brien, Robert M.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 421-438 Felony court processing in an urban county: Coping with a "limited capacity to punish"
by Farnworth, Margaret & Golden, James & Tester, Kimberly
- 439-449 Police, prosecutors, and felony case attrition
by Garofalo, James
- 451-462 Juror honesty during the voir dire
by Seltzer, Richard & Venuti, Mark A. & Lopes, Grace M.
- 463-469 Predicting decisions rendered in criminal appeals
by Williams, Jimmy J.
- 471-479 How just is the guilty but mentally ill verdict? An exploration into personality and intellectual factors
by Portes, Pedro R. & Wagner, Dennis E. & Love, Eleanor
1991, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 325-337 The path to probation officer burnout: New dogs, old tricks
by Holgate, Alina M. & Clegg, Ian J.
- 339-349 The production of occupational stress in medium-sized police agencies: A survey of line officers in eight municipal departments
by Crank, John P. & Caldero, Michael
- 351-360 An examination of the constructs underlying police performance appraisals
by Falkenberg, Steven & Gaines, Larry K. & Cordner, Gary
- 361-370 Police stress and teacher stress at work and at home
by Sigler, Robert T. & Wilson, Charles Norton & Allen, Zack
- 371-379 The effects of police work and professional relationships on health
by Stotland, Ezra
- 381-393 Death in detension: An analysis of police liability for negligent failure to prevent suicide
by Kappeler, Victor E. & Vaughn, Michael S. & del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 395-403 Police and tragic events: The management of emotions
by Pogrebin, Mark R. & Poole, Eric D.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 211-223 The effects of density on jail assaults
by Sechrest, Dale K.
- 225-237 Shock incarceration and prison crowding in Louisiana
by MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Parent, Dale G.
- 239-256 Aids knowledge and risk perceptions among Pennsylvania prisoners
by Zimmerman, Sherwood E. & Martin, Randy & Vlahov, David
- 257-262 HIV knowledge and behaviors of incarcerated youth: A comparison of high and low risk locales
by Lanier, Mark M. & Diclemente, Ralph J. & Horan, Patricia F.
- 263-270 The efficacy of probation versus imprisonment in reducing recidivism of serious offenders in Israel
by Cohen, Ben-Zion & Eden, Ruth & Lazar, Amnon
- 271-280 Assessing the impact of psychiatric impairment on prison violence
by Baskin, Deborah R. & Sommers, Ira & Steadman, Henry J.
- 281-291 Foreigners in Japanese prisons: Inmate adaptations and prison accommodations
by Johnson, Elmer H.
- 293-305 Crime-victim evaluation of police investigative performance
by Brandl, Steven G. & Horvath, Frank
1991, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 109-121 Crime-victim evaluation of police investigative performance
by Brandl, Steven G. & Horvath, Frank
- 123-137 The effects of educational level on correctional officer job satisfaction
by Rogers, Robert
- 139-149 The police stress inventory: Does it measure stress?
by Lord, Vivian B. & Gray, Denis O. & Pond, Samuel B.
- 151-163 Communications and inmate management: Interactions among jail employees
by Senese, Jeffrey D.
- 165-171 Complaints about police officers: A comparison among types and agencies
by Dugan, John R. & Breda, Daniel R.
- 173-180 A longitudinal validation study of correctional officer job performance as predicted by the IPI and MMPI
by Shusman, Elizabeth J. & Inwald, Robin E.
- 181-193 The relevance of basic law enforcement training--Does the curriculum prepare recruits for police work: A survey study
by Ness, James J.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-17 Dropping in and dropping out: judicial decisionmaking in the disposition of felony arrests
by Chen, Huey-Tsyh
- 19-29 Social structure, crime, and social control: An examination of factors influencing rates and probabilities of arrest
by McCarthy, Belinda R.
- 31-48 Cross-sectional jury representation or systematic jury representation? Simple random and cluster sampling strategies in jury selection
by Fukurai, Hiroshi & Butler, Edgar W. & Krooth, Richard
- 49-66 The risk of recidivism: Evaluating the public-safety implications of a community corrections program
by Jones, Peter R.
- 67-79 A comparative analysis of crime coverage in newspapers in the United States and other countries from 1960-1989: A review of the literature
by Marsh, Harry L.
- 81-91 Attidues of youth corrections professionals toward juvenile justice reform and policy alternatives-- a Utah survey
by Norman, Michael D. & Burbidge, George S.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 479-499 Drinking-driving compliance in Great Britain: The role of law as a "threat" and as a "moral eye-opener"
by Snortum, John R.
- 501-517 Cynicism among juvenile probation officers: A study of subverted ideals
by Curtis, Russell L. & Reese, William A. & Cone, Michael Patrick
- 519-531 Variations across agency types in perceptions of seriousness of family abuse
by Crowley, Joan E. & Sigler, Robert T. & Johnson, Ida M.
- 533-543 The psychodynamics of a work stoppage at the Tenth Pan American Games
by Charles, Michael T. & Coram, Gregory J.
- 545-550 Computer coping skills training in a jail setting
by Holman, John E. & Quinn, James F. & Salerno, Lillian E.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 385-399 Estimating the number of stranger-abduction homicides of children: A review of available evidence
by Hotaling, Gerald T. & Finkelhor, David
- 401-416 Murdered children: A comparison of racial differences across two jurisdictions
by Silverman, Robert A. & Riedel, Marc & Kennedy, Leslie W.
- 417-432 Gender bias and pretrial release: More pieces of the puzzle
by Steury, Ellen Hochstedler & Frank, Nancy
- 433-442 Parental child abduction: The law, family dynamics, and legal system responses
by Sagatun, Inger J. & Barrett, Lin
- 443-453 Judicial and prosecutorial endorsement of innovative techniques in the trial of domestic abuse cases
by Sigler, Robert T. & Crowley, Joan M. & Johnson, Ida
- 455-458 A critique on Brown's "police responses to wife beating: Neglect of a crime of violence"
by Choi, Alfred
- 459-462 Police responses to wife beating: Five years later
by Brown, Stephen E.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 291-319 Ten cases of eyewitness identification: Logical and procedural problems
by Wagenaar, Willem A. & Loftus, Elizabeth F.
- 321-332 Using drug testing to identify high-risk defendants on release: A study in the district of Columbia
by Visher, Christy A.
- 333-349 Police: Professionals or craftsmen? An empirical assessment of professionalism and craftsmanship among eight municipal police agencies
by Crank, John P.
- 351-358 The privatization of correctional management: A review
by Johnson, Byron R. & Ross, Paul P.
- 359-368 Prosecutorial decisionmaking in the Netherlands: A research note
by Gertz, Marc G. & Myers, Laura B.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 195-215 Responding to a legislated change in correctional practices: A quasi-experimental study of revocation hearings and parole board actions
by Winfree, L. Thomas & Sellers, Christine S. & Ballard, Veronica Smith & Roberg, Roy R.
- 217-227 Alcohol, drugs and murder: A study of convicted homicide offenders
by Wieczorek, William F. & Welte, John W. & Abel, Ernest L.
- 229-238 Comparing detrended UCR and NCS crime rates over time: 1973-1986
by O'Brien, Robert M.
- 239-252 Facility site selection and analysis through environmental criminology
by Kennedy, Daniel B.
- 253-260 War and capital punishment
by Schneider, Victoria & Ortiz Smykla, John
- 261-274 Popular culture and criminal justice: A preliminary analysis
by Newman, Graeme R.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 85-98 Drug-related corruption of police officers: A contemporary typology
by Carter, David L.
- 99-116 Police documentation of drunk-driving arrests: Jury verdicts and guilty pleas as a function of quantity and quality of evidence
by Snortum, John R. & Riva, Paul R. & Berger, Dale E. & Mangione, Thomas W.
- 117-131 Police civil liability for failure to arrest intoxicated drivers
by Kappeler, Victor E. & Del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 133-146 Police cynicism in transkei
by Regoli, Bob & Potgieter, P. J. & Crank, John P. & Powell, James R.
- 147-159 A loglinear analysis of abused wives' decisions to call the pilice in domestic-violence disputes
by Johnson, Ida M.
- 161-169 Correctional institution workers' coping strategies and their effect on diastolic blood pressure
by Wright, Thomas A. & Sweeney, Dennis
- 171-175 Research notes--A new look at the evolution of police structure
by Olivero, J. Michael
1990, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-18 Teaching and learning police ethics: Competing and complementary approaches
by Kleinig, John
- 19-31 Victim participation in sentencing: Rhetoric and reality
by Erez, Edna
- 33-41 Evaluating criminal justice programs: Establishing criteria
by Mijares, Tomas & Blackburn, Robert
- 43-53 Free will, determinism, and criminality: The self-perception of prison inmates
by Holbert, Fred & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 55-63 How college students can help delinquents
by Greenberg, Norman
- 65-70 Ethics and privatization in criminal justice: Does education have a role to play?
by Silvester, Deanna Buckley
1989, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 441-455 Managing the costs of modern corrections: Implications of nineteenth-century privatized prison-labor programs
by Durham, Alexis M.
- 457-470 Variables related to communicative disorders in an adult prison sample
by Sample, Mary H. & Montague, James C. & Buffalo, M. D.
- 471-485 Determinate sentencing, formal rationality, and khadi justice in Maine: An application of Weber's typology
by Anspach, Donald F. & Henry Monsen, S.