Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
1992, Volume 20, Issue 2
1992, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-12 Probationer violations and officer response
by Clear, Todd R. & Harris, Patricia M. & Baird, S. Christopher
- 13-24 Determinants of probation and parole officer professional orientation
by Whitehead, John T. & Lindquist, Charles A.
- 25-40 Improving citizen perceptions of the police: "Back to the basics" with a community policing strategy
by Peak, Ken & Bradshaw, Robert V. & Glensor, Ronald W.
- 41-52 Entry-level police selection: The assessment center is an alternative
by Pynes, Joan & John Bernardin, H.
- 53-62 Probation officer victimization: An emerging concern
by Lindner, Charles & Koehler, Richard J.
- 63-71 A comparison of perceptions of the work environment between minority and non-minority employees of the federal prison system
by Wright, Kevin N. & Saylor, William G.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 6
1991, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 421-438 Felony court processing in an urban county: Coping with a "limited capacity to punish"
by Farnworth, Margaret & Golden, James & Tester, Kimberly
- 439-449 Police, prosecutors, and felony case attrition
by Garofalo, James
- 451-462 Juror honesty during the voir dire
by Seltzer, Richard & Venuti, Mark A. & Lopes, Grace M.
- 463-469 Predicting decisions rendered in criminal appeals
by Williams, Jimmy J.
- 471-479 How just is the guilty but mentally ill verdict? An exploration into personality and intellectual factors
by Portes, Pedro R. & Wagner, Dennis E. & Love, Eleanor
1991, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 325-337 The path to probation officer burnout: New dogs, old tricks
by Holgate, Alina M. & Clegg, Ian J.
- 339-349 The production of occupational stress in medium-sized police agencies: A survey of line officers in eight municipal departments
by Crank, John P. & Caldero, Michael
- 351-360 An examination of the constructs underlying police performance appraisals
by Falkenberg, Steven & Gaines, Larry K. & Cordner, Gary
- 361-370 Police stress and teacher stress at work and at home
by Sigler, Robert T. & Wilson, Charles Norton & Allen, Zack
- 371-379 The effects of police work and professional relationships on health
by Stotland, Ezra
- 381-393 Death in detension: An analysis of police liability for negligent failure to prevent suicide
by Kappeler, Victor E. & Vaughn, Michael S. & del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 395-403 Police and tragic events: The management of emotions
by Pogrebin, Mark R. & Poole, Eric D.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 211-223 The effects of density on jail assaults
by Sechrest, Dale K.
- 225-237 Shock incarceration and prison crowding in Louisiana
by MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Parent, Dale G.
- 239-256 Aids knowledge and risk perceptions among Pennsylvania prisoners
by Zimmerman, Sherwood E. & Martin, Randy & Vlahov, David
- 257-262 HIV knowledge and behaviors of incarcerated youth: A comparison of high and low risk locales
by Lanier, Mark M. & Diclemente, Ralph J. & Horan, Patricia F.
- 263-270 The efficacy of probation versus imprisonment in reducing recidivism of serious offenders in Israel
by Cohen, Ben-Zion & Eden, Ruth & Lazar, Amnon
- 271-280 Assessing the impact of psychiatric impairment on prison violence
by Baskin, Deborah R. & Sommers, Ira & Steadman, Henry J.
- 281-291 Foreigners in Japanese prisons: Inmate adaptations and prison accommodations
by Johnson, Elmer H.
- 293-305 Crime-victim evaluation of police investigative performance
by Brandl, Steven G. & Horvath, Frank
1991, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 109-121 Crime-victim evaluation of police investigative performance
by Brandl, Steven G. & Horvath, Frank
- 123-137 The effects of educational level on correctional officer job satisfaction
by Rogers, Robert
- 139-149 The police stress inventory: Does it measure stress?
by Lord, Vivian B. & Gray, Denis O. & Pond, Samuel B.
- 151-163 Communications and inmate management: Interactions among jail employees
by Senese, Jeffrey D.
- 165-171 Complaints about police officers: A comparison among types and agencies
by Dugan, John R. & Breda, Daniel R.
- 173-180 A longitudinal validation study of correctional officer job performance as predicted by the IPI and MMPI
by Shusman, Elizabeth J. & Inwald, Robin E.
- 181-193 The relevance of basic law enforcement training--Does the curriculum prepare recruits for police work: A survey study
by Ness, James J.
1991, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-17 Dropping in and dropping out: judicial decisionmaking in the disposition of felony arrests
by Chen, Huey-Tsyh
- 19-29 Social structure, crime, and social control: An examination of factors influencing rates and probabilities of arrest
by McCarthy, Belinda R.
- 31-48 Cross-sectional jury representation or systematic jury representation? Simple random and cluster sampling strategies in jury selection
by Fukurai, Hiroshi & Butler, Edgar W. & Krooth, Richard
- 49-66 The risk of recidivism: Evaluating the public-safety implications of a community corrections program
by Jones, Peter R.
- 67-79 A comparative analysis of crime coverage in newspapers in the United States and other countries from 1960-1989: A review of the literature
by Marsh, Harry L.
- 81-91 Attidues of youth corrections professionals toward juvenile justice reform and policy alternatives-- a Utah survey
by Norman, Michael D. & Burbidge, George S.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 479-499 Drinking-driving compliance in Great Britain: The role of law as a "threat" and as a "moral eye-opener"
by Snortum, John R.
- 501-517 Cynicism among juvenile probation officers: A study of subverted ideals
by Curtis, Russell L. & Reese, William A. & Cone, Michael Patrick
- 519-531 Variations across agency types in perceptions of seriousness of family abuse
by Crowley, Joan E. & Sigler, Robert T. & Johnson, Ida M.
- 533-543 The psychodynamics of a work stoppage at the Tenth Pan American Games
by Charles, Michael T. & Coram, Gregory J.
- 545-550 Computer coping skills training in a jail setting
by Holman, John E. & Quinn, James F. & Salerno, Lillian E.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 385-399 Estimating the number of stranger-abduction homicides of children: A review of available evidence
by Hotaling, Gerald T. & Finkelhor, David
- 401-416 Murdered children: A comparison of racial differences across two jurisdictions
by Silverman, Robert A. & Riedel, Marc & Kennedy, Leslie W.
- 417-432 Gender bias and pretrial release: More pieces of the puzzle
by Steury, Ellen Hochstedler & Frank, Nancy
- 433-442 Parental child abduction: The law, family dynamics, and legal system responses
by Sagatun, Inger J. & Barrett, Lin
- 443-453 Judicial and prosecutorial endorsement of innovative techniques in the trial of domestic abuse cases
by Sigler, Robert T. & Crowley, Joan M. & Johnson, Ida
- 455-458 A critique on Brown's "police responses to wife beating: Neglect of a crime of violence"
by Choi, Alfred
- 459-462 Police responses to wife beating: Five years later
by Brown, Stephen E.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 4
1990, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 195-215 Responding to a legislated change in correctional practices: A quasi-experimental study of revocation hearings and parole board actions
by Winfree, L. Thomas & Sellers, Christine S. & Ballard, Veronica Smith & Roberg, Roy R.
- 217-227 Alcohol, drugs and murder: A study of convicted homicide offenders
by Wieczorek, William F. & Welte, John W. & Abel, Ernest L.
- 229-238 Comparing detrended UCR and NCS crime rates over time: 1973-1986
by O'Brien, Robert M.
- 239-252 Facility site selection and analysis through environmental criminology
by Kennedy, Daniel B.
- 253-260 War and capital punishment
by Schneider, Victoria & Ortiz Smykla, John
- 261-274 Popular culture and criminal justice: A preliminary analysis
by Newman, Graeme R.
1990, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 85-98 Drug-related corruption of police officers: A contemporary typology
by Carter, David L.
- 99-116 Police documentation of drunk-driving arrests: Jury verdicts and guilty pleas as a function of quantity and quality of evidence
by Snortum, John R. & Riva, Paul R. & Berger, Dale E. & Mangione, Thomas W.
- 117-131 Police civil liability for failure to arrest intoxicated drivers
by Kappeler, Victor E. & Del Carmen, Rolando V.
- 133-146 Police cynicism in transkei
by Regoli, Bob & Potgieter, P. J. & Crank, John P. & Powell, James R.
- 147-159 A loglinear analysis of abused wives' decisions to call the pilice in domestic-violence disputes
by Johnson, Ida M.
- 161-169 Correctional institution workers' coping strategies and their effect on diastolic blood pressure
by Wright, Thomas A. & Sweeney, Dennis
- 171-175 Research notes--A new look at the evolution of police structure
by Olivero, J. Michael
1990, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-18 Teaching and learning police ethics: Competing and complementary approaches
by Kleinig, John
- 19-31 Victim participation in sentencing: Rhetoric and reality
by Erez, Edna
- 33-41 Evaluating criminal justice programs: Establishing criteria
by Mijares, Tomas & Blackburn, Robert
- 43-53 Free will, determinism, and criminality: The self-perception of prison inmates
by Holbert, Fred & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 55-63 How college students can help delinquents
by Greenberg, Norman
- 65-70 Ethics and privatization in criminal justice: Does education have a role to play?
by Silvester, Deanna Buckley
1989, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 441-455 Managing the costs of modern corrections: Implications of nineteenth-century privatized prison-labor programs
by Durham, Alexis M.
- 457-470 Variables related to communicative disorders in an adult prison sample
by Sample, Mary H. & Montague, James C. & Buffalo, M. D.
- 471-485 Determinate sentencing, formal rationality, and khadi justice in Maine: An application of Weber's typology
by Anspach, Donald F. & Henry Monsen, S.
- 487-500 Predicting return to prison among adolescent males: A comparison of three statistics
by Benda, Brent B.
- 501-506 Community mental health and prisons: A model for constitutionally adequate care in correctional mental health
by Marra, Herbert A. & Shively, David A. & Minaker, Jerry
- 507-513 Analysis of disciplinary infraction rates among female and male inmates
by Tischler, Chloe A. & Marquart, James W.
1989, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 329-341 Special publicity and enforcement of California's belt use law: Making a "secondary" law work
by Lund, Adrian K. & Stuster, Jack & Fleming, Anne
- 343-360 Reexamining the use of seriousness weights in an index of crime
by Epperlein, Thomas & Nienstedt, Barbara C.
- 361-375 Racial differences in attitudes toward crime control
by Secret, Philip E. & Johnson, James B.
- 377-392 Serial murder in the United States 1900-1940: A historical perspective
by Jenkins, Philip
- 393-407 Criminal justice, law, and policy in Indian country: A historical perspective
by Peak, Ken
- 409-416 Do casinos enhance crime?
by Hakim, Simon & Buck, Andrew J.
- 417-421 Shadow trading by international tourists in the Soviet Union
by Fish, Mary & Edwards, Lynn
1989, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 241-251 The use of jail confinement in the disposition of felony arrests
by McCarthy, Belinda R.
- 253-263 Private counsels and public defenders: A look at weak cases, prior records, and leniency in plea bargaining
by Champion, Dean J.
- 265-275 Hearsay: The least understood exclusionary rule
by Murphy, Dennis
- 277-291 Judicial processing of males and females charged with prostitution
by Lindquist, John H. & White, O. Z. & Tutchings, Terrence & Chambers, Carl D.
- 293-308 Media trials
by Surette, Ray
1989, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 145-155 Police agency size and investigative effectiveness
by Cordner, Gary W.
- 157-165 Justifiable use of measures in research on deadly force
by Fridell, Lorie
- 167-177 Civilianization in small and medium police departments in Illinois, 1973-1986
by Crank, John P.
- 179-186 Discretionary leniency in police enforcement of laws against drinking and driving: Two examples from the state of Maine, USA
by Meyers, Allan R. & Heeren, Timothy & Hingson, Ralph
- 187-197 Private security and community policing: Evaluation and comment
by Walsh, William F. & Donovan, Edwin J.
- 199-224 The economics of criminal investigation in a municipal police force
by Simms, B. W. & Petersen, E. R.
1989, Volume 17, Issue 2
1989, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-14 Police handling of the mentally ill: Sharing responsibility with the mental health system
by Finn, Peter & Sullivan, Monique
- 15-24 The effects of probation service fees on case management strategy and sanctions
by Wheeler, Gerald R. & Macan, Therese M. & Hissong, Rodney V. & Slusher, Morgan P.
- 25-37 Placing Uruguayan corrections in context, 1973-1984: A note on the visiting criminologist's role
by Smykla, John Ortiz
- 39-45 Not guilty by reason of insanity evaluations: A study of defendants and examiners
by Mack, Dorothy & Weinland, Laura
- 47-53 The seriousness of inmate induced prison violence: An analysis of correctional personnel perceptions
by Braswell, Michael C. & Miller, Larry S.
- 55-60 Police stress, time on the job, and strain
by Stotland, Ezra & Pendleton, Michael & Schwartz, Robert
1988, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 451-461 Juvenile conference committees: An evaluation of the administration of justice at the neighborhood level
by Twain, David & Maiello, Laura
- 463-476 Factors affecting pre-dispositional detention and release in Canadian juvenile courts
by Carrington, Peter J. & Moyer, Sharon & Kopelman, Faigie
- 477-491 Orientations to juvenile justice: Exploratory notes from a statewide survey of juvenile justice decisionmakers
by Farnworth, Margaret & Frazier, Charles E. & Neuberger, Anita R.
- 493-498 Time series analysis of the effect of a domestic violence directive on the number of arrests per day
by Lawrenz, Frances & Lembo, James F. & Schade, Thomas
- 499-509 The myth of the new female offender: Some evidence from attitudes toward law and justice
by Erez, Edna
1988, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 371-384 UCR and NCS: Comparisons over space and time
by Menard, Scott & Covey, Herbert C.
- 385-393 Job burnout in law enforcement dispatchers: A comparative analysis
by Roberg, Roy R. & Hayhurst, David L. & Allen, Harry E.
- 395-402 Regional unemployment and crime trends: An empirical examination
by Neustrom, Mike & Jamieson, Jay & Manuel, David & Gramling, Bob
- 403-412 Going it alone: Unreported crime and individual self-help
by Kennedy, Leslie W.
- 413-423 The crime reporting behavior of hispanic older persons: A causal model
by Starrett, Richard A. & Connolly, Michael P. & Decker, James T. & Araujo, Adelina
- 425-435 Report from Japan: Causes and controls of crime in Japan
by Becker, Carl B.
1988, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 269-290 Tolerated contests? Plea and sentence in the Victorian magistrates' courts
by Douglas, Roger
- 291-301 Felony plea bargaining and probation: A growing judicial and prosecutorial dilemma
by Champion, Dean J.
- 303-317 Is rehabilitation dead? The myth of the punitive public
by Cullen, Francis T. & Cullen, John B. & Wozniak, John F.
- 319-330 The effects of intensive supervision on shock probationers
by Latessa, Edward J. & Vito, Gennaro F.
- 331-346 The justice model in historical context: Early law, the emergence of science, and the rise of incarceration
by Durham, Alexis M.
- 347-358 Experiments as reforms
by Binder, Arnold & Meeker, James W.
1988, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 167-181 Perception of crowding, racial antagonism, and aggression in a custodial prison
by Leger, Robert G.
- 183-196 The application of queueing models to strategies for reducing prison population size
by Yablon, Marvin
- 197-206 Socioeconomic and criminological attributes of convicts in two Nigerian prisons
by Alemika, Etannibi 'Molu
- 207-215 The special sensitivity of white-collar offenders to prison: A critique and research agenda
by Benson, Michael L. & Cullen, Francis T.
- 217-230 Toward a political-community theory of prison organization
by Kalinich, David B. & Stojkovic, Stan & Klofas, John
- 231-240 Continuities in the determination of prison overcrowding effects
by Fry, Lincoln J.
- 241-253 Incarceration rates and demographic changes: A test of the demographic change hypothesis
by MacKenzie, Doris Layton & Tracy, George S. & Williams, George
1988, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 89-98 Linkages between professionalization and professionalism among police chiefs
by Regoli, Robert M. & Culbertson, Robert G. & Crank, John P. & Poole, Eric D.
- 99-109 Whistleblowing in probation departments
by Rosecrance, John
- 111-120 Policy, job practices, and personal values in decisionmaking by court officers
by Panzarella, Robert & Shapiro, Irving
- 121-129 Role conflict for adult probation and parole officers: Fact or myth
by Sigler, Robert T.
- 131-137 Police manager's perceptions of employee types: A conceptual model
by Kuykendall, Jack & Roberg, Roy R.
- 139-150 Statistics in criminal justice curricula
by Fields, Charles B. & Robertson, O. Zeller
1988, Volume 16, Issue 1
1987, Volume 15, Issue 6
- 437-459 Progress toward racial equality and reduction of black criminal violence
by Austin, Roy L.
- 461-472 The subculture of violence and ethnicity
by Shoemaker, Donald J. & Williams, J. Sherwood
- 473-484 The politics and mythology of organized crime: A Philadelphia case-study
by Jenkins, Philip & Potter, Gary
- 485-494 Crime in Indian country: Another "trail of tears"
by Peak, Ken & Spencer, Jack
- 495-503 Islam, modernization and crime: A test of the religious ecology thesis
by Groves, W. Byron & Newman, Graeme & Corrado, Charles
1987, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 361-368 Cops and drivers: Police discretion and the enforcement of Maine's 1981 OUI law
by Meyers, Allan R. & Heeren, Timothy & Hingson, Ralph & Kovenock, David
- 369-374 Recidivism among female DUI offenders in a Midwestern American city
by Shore, Elsie R. & McCoy, Marcia L.
- 375-386 Posse Comitatus revisited: The use of the military in civil law enforcement
by Moore, Richter H.
- 387-402 Organizational determinants of police discretion: The case of drinking-driving
by Mastrofski, Stephen D. & Ritti, R. Richard & Hoffmaster, Debra
- 403-411 Patterns of jail use
by Klofas, John
- 413-416 Drunk driving and the ecological fallacy: Comments on a paper by Phillips, Ray, and Votey
by Maltz, Michael D.
- 417-419 A response to "drunk driving and the ecological fallacy: Comments on a paper by Phillips, Ray, and Votey" by Michael D. Maltz
by Phillips, Llad & Votey, Harold L.
1987, Volume 15, Issue 4
1987, Volume 15, Issue 3
1987, Volume 15, Issue 2
1987, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-16 Probation officer job burnout: A test of two theories
by Whitehead, John T.
- 17-35 Police cynicism: What we know from the Niederhoffer scale
by Langworthy, Robert H.
- 37-48 The measurement of cynicism among police chiefs
by Crank, John P. & Culbertson, Robert G. & Poole, Eric D. & Regoli, Robert M.
- 49-64 The prison control structure and its effects on work attitudes: The perceptions and attitudes of prison guards
by Hepburn, John R.
- 65-74 Prison administration in contemporary Japan: Six issues
by Johnson, Elmer H. & Hasegawa, Hisashi
- 75-91 The good faith exception to the exclusionary rule: Some implications for the police
by Wagner, Allen E.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 6
- 475-489 Drinking and driving: Detecting the "dark figure" of compliance
by Snortum, John R. & Berger, Dale E.
- 491-499 Cohort size and juvenile delinquency in England and Wales
by Maxim, Paul S.
- 501-508 Sanctions, modeling, and deviant behavior
by Ward, David A. & Menke, Ben A. & Gray, Louis N. & Stafford, Mark C.
- 509-528 An empirical assessment of exemplary project publications: Do they provide the necessary information for implementation?
by Morash, Merry & Belknap, Joanne & Ferguson, Florence
- 529-544 Planning and the play of power: Resource acquisition among criminal justice agencies
by Greene, Jack R. & Bynum, Tim S. & Cordner, Gary W.
- 545-569 Sentencing reform, sentencing guidelines, and related issues: A partial bibliography
by Hoffman, Peter B. & Beck, James L. & Hardyman, Patricia L. & Scotkin, Ronnie M.
1986, Volume 14, Issue 5
- 389-400 Randomized experiments in correctional context: Legal, ethical, and practical concerns
by Erez, Edna
- 401-412 Research in a correctional setting: Constraints and biases
by Prabha Unnithan, N.
- 413-431 Crime seriousness scales: Public perception and feedback to criminal justice policymakers
by Hoffman, Peter B. & Hardyman, Patricia L.
- 433-440 The impact of instructions on seriousness ratings
by Travis, Lawrence F. & Cullen, Francis T. & Link, Bruce G. & Wozniak, John F.