Duration of the time to reconviction: Evidence from UK prisoner discharge data
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meyers, Samuel L, Jr, 1983. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime: Employment versus Punishment Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 157-66, February.
- R. Henderson & P. Oman, 1999. "Effect of frailty on marginal regression estimates in survival analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(2), pages 367-379.
- Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J. & Whiteside, Leanne, 1996. "Recidivism among boot camp graduates: A comparison of drug offenders to other offenders," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 241-253.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer & Shelly J. Lundberg & George R. Neumann, 1984.
"How Long is a Spell of Unemployment?: Illusions and Biases in the Use of CPS Data,"
NBER Working Papers
1467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Lundberg, Shelly J & Neumann, George R, 1985. "How Long Is a Spell of Unemployment? Illusions and Biases in the Use of CPS Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(2), pages 118-28, April.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Chen, Jyh-Yaw Joseph & Giles, David E.A., 2004.
"Gender convergence in crime: Evidence from Canadian adult offense charge data,"
Journal of Criminal Justice,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 593-606.
- Jyh-Yaw Joseph Chen & David E.A. Giles, 2003. "Gender Convergence in Crime: Evidence From Canadian Adult Offence Charge Data," Econometrics Working Papers 0303, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Lo, Celia C., 2004. "Sociodemographic factors, drug abuse, and other crimes: How they vary among male and female arrestees," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 399-409.
- Martin Forster & Andrew M. Jones, 2001.
"The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: Duration analysis of British data,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(3), pages 517-547.
- Martin Forster & Andrew Jones, 2000. "The role of tobacco taxes in starting and quitting smoking: duration analysis of British data," Working Papers 176chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Gary S. Becker, 1968.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 169.
- Stolzenberg, Lisa & D'Alessio, Stewart J., 2004. "Sex differences in the likelihood of arrest," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 443-454.
- Taxman, Faye S. & Piquero, Alex, 1998. "On preventing drunk driving recidivism: an examination of rehabilitation and punishment approaches," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 129-143, March.
- Jones, Andrew M., 2000.
Handbook of Health Economics,
in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 265-344
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
- Benda, Brent B. & Toombs, Nancy J., 2002. "Two preeminent theoretical models: A proportional hazard rate analysis of recidivism," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 217-228.
- Sider, Hal, 1985. "Unemployment Duration and Incidence: 1968-82," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 461-72, June.
- Piquero, Nicole Leeper, 2003. "A recidivism analysis of Maryland's community probation program," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 295-307.
- Witte, Ann Dryden, 1983. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime: Reply," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 167-75, February.
- Keeler, Emmett B. & Manning, Willard G. & Wells, Kenneth B., 1988. "The demand for episodes of mental health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-392, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:35:y:2007:i:4:p:365-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.