Citations for "Installed Base and Compatibility, With Implications for Product Preannouncements"
by Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner
- Doh Shin Jeon, . "Relying on the agent in charge of production for project evaluation," Economics Working Papers 623, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2006.
- Michele Moretto, 2007.
"Competition and Irreversible Investments under Uncertainty,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0058, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Moretto, Michele, 2008. "Competition and irreversible investments under uncertainty," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 75-88, March.
- Michele Moretto, 2003. "Competition and Irreversible Investments under Uncertainty," Working Papers 2003.32, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- David Gill, 2004.
"Strategic Disclosure of Intermediate Research Results,"
Economics Series Working Papers
211, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- David Gill, 2008. "Strategic Disclosure of Intermediate Research Results," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 733-758, 09.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 2000.
"Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1881, Econometric Society.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," SOI - Working Papers 9906, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," Working papers 99-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2002.
"The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 194-220, Summer.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use Of Tying To Preserve And Create Market Power In Evolving Industries," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 145, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries," NBER Working Papers 6831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerard Llobet & Michael Manove, 2006.
"Network Size and Network Capture,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2006-007, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Vanberg, Margit A., 2005. "Network Externalities and Interconnection Incentives," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-80, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Desruelle, Dominique & Gaudet, Gerard & Richelle, Yves, 1996.
"Complementarity, coordination and compatibility: The role of fixed costs in the economics of systems,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-768, October.
- Dominique Desruelle & Gerard Gaudet & Yves Richelle, 1995. "Complementarity, Coordination and Compatibility: The Role of Fixed Costs in the Economics of Systems," Industrial Organization 9508001, EconWPA, revised 14 Aug 1995.
- Suleymanova, Irina & Wey, Christian, 2011.
"Bertrand competition in markets with network effects and switching costs,"
DICE Discussion Papers
30, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Suleymanova Irina & Wey Christian, 2011. "Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-58, September.
- Irina Suleymanova & Christian Wey, 2008. "Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 796, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2002.
"Entry, Standards and Competition : Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony,"
824, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2004. "Entry, Standards and Competition: Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 89-113, November.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2005. "Entry, standards and competition : firm strategies and the diffusion of mobile telephony," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 801, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joerg Oechssler, 1994.
"Decentralization and the Coordination Problem,"
Game Theory and Information
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & GARCIA, Filomena, 2005.
"Quality improvement and network externalities,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2005096, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean J., GABSWEWICZ & Filomena, GARCIA, 2005. "Quality improvement and network externalities," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005064, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil & Krause, David, 2003.
"Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3738, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Church Jeffrey & Gandal Neil & Krause David, 2008. "Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Jeffrey Church & Neil Gandal & David Krause, 2003. "Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities," Microeconomics 0301001, EconWPA.
- Kari Kemppainen, 2004. "Competition and regulation in European retail payment systems," Microeconomics 0404008, EconWPA.
- P. Dogan, .
"Vertical Networks, Integration, and Connectivity,"
33644, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Neil Gandal & Shane Greenstein & David Salant, 1995.
"Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market,"
- Gandal, Neil & Greenstein, Shane & Salant, David, 1999. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 87-105, March.
- Gandal, N. & Greenstein, S. & Salant, D., 1995. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcumputer Market," Papers 02-95, Tel Aviv.
- Neil Gandal & Shane GreenStein & David Salant, 1997. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," CARE Working Papers 9705, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Cantillon, Estelle & Yin, Pai-Ling, 2007. "How and when do markets tip? Lessons from the Battle of the Bund," Working Paper Series 0766, European Central Bank.
- Andreas Pyka & Paul Windrum, 2001.
"The Self-Organisation of Strategic Alliances,"
Discussion Paper Series
209, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- James J. McAndrews, 1997. "Network issues and payment systems," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 15-25.
- Bradley J. Ruffle, Avi Weiss, Amir Etziony, 2015. "The Role of Critical Mass in Establishing a Successful Network Market: An Experimental Investigation," LCERPA Working Papers 0092, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 12 May 2015.
- Floortje Alkemade & Carolina Castaldi, 2005. "Strategies for the Diffusion of Innovations on Social Networks," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 3-23, February.
- A. Bassanini & G. Dosi, 1998. "Competing Technologies, International Diffusion and the Rate of Convergence to a Stable Market Structure," Working Papers ir98012, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Garth Saloner & Andrea Shepard, 1992. "Adoption of Technologies With Network Effects: An Empirical Examination of the Adoption of Automated Teller Machines," NBER Working Papers 4048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michihiro, Kandori & Rob, Rafael, 1998.
"Bandwagon Effects and Long Run Technology Choice,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 30-60, January.
- A. Banerji & Bhaskar Dutta, 2004. "Networks, Network Externalities and Market Segmentation," Working papers 124, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Dominic Deller & Michael Stubenrath & Christoph Weber, 1999. "A survey on the use of the Internet for investor relations in the USA, the UK and Germany," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 351-364.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne & Rege, Mari, 2006. "Advertising as Distortion of Learning in Markets with Network Externalities," Memorandum 24/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Sébastien LOTZ & Guillaume ROCHETEAU, 2000.
"Launching of a New Currency in a Simple Random Matching Model,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
00.10, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Sebastien Lotz & Guillaume Rocheteau, 2000. "Launching of a New Currency in a Simple Random Matching Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0720, Econometric Society.
- John C. Persons & Vincent A. Warther, . "Boom and Bust Patterns in the Adoption of Financial Innovations," Research in Financial Economics 9601, Ohio State University.
- Nicholas Economides & William Lehr, 1994. "The Quality of Complex Systems and Industry Structure," Working Papers 94-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Malone, Thomas W. & Massachusetts Institute of Technology., 1988. "What is coordination theory?," Working papers no. 182. Working paper (S, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Christian Wey, 2002. "Merger Control in the New Economy," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Christian Wey, 1999. "Compatibility Investments in Duopoly with Demand Side Spillovers under Different Degrees of Cooperation," CIG Working Papers FS IV 99-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG), revised Aug 1999.
- Estache, Antonio & Manacorda, Marco & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2002.
"Telecommunication reforms, access regulation, and Internet adoption in Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2802, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Marco Manacorda & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2002. "Telecommunications Reform, Access Regulation, and Internet Adoption in Latin America," ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION.
- Sääskilahti, Pekka, 2006. "Buying Decision Coordination and Monopoly Pricing of Network Goods," MPRA Paper 5106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simcoe, Timothy & Toffel, Michael W., 2014.
"Government green procurement spillovers: Evidence from municipal building policies in California,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 411-434.
- Timothy Simcoe & Michael W. Toffel, 2012. "Government Green Procurement Spillovers: Evidence from Municipal Building Policies in California," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-030, Harvard Business School, revised May 2014.
- Lydia L. Gan & Hian Chye Koh, 2005. "The Profiles of Software Pirates among Tertiary Institutions in Singapore," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 0508, Nanyang Technological University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Kubota, Keiko, 2000. "Trade negotiations in the presence of network externalities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2317, The World Bank.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006.
"Co-Opetition and Prelaunch in Standard-Setting for Developing Technologies,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0742, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006. "Co-opetition and prelaunch in standard-setting for developing technologies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19843, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Huw Dixon & Ernesto Somma, . "Coordination and Equilibrium selection in mean defined supermodular games under payoff monotonic selection dynamics," Discussion Papers 99/37, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2004. "Innovation and Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 10212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmine di Noia, 1998. "Competition and Integration among Stock Exchanges in Europe: Network Effects, Implicit Mergers and Remote Access," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1994. "The Competitive Crash in Large-Scale Commercial Computing," NBER Working Papers 4901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001.
"A study of the interrelated bilateral transactions in credit card networks,"
Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments
EPS-2001-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001. "A Study of the Interrelated Bilateral Transactions in Credit Card Networks," Law and Economics 0111001, EconWPA.
- Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Ghemawat, Pankaj, 2003. "Dynamic mixed duopoly: A model motivated by Linux vs. Windows," IESE Research Papers D/519, IESE Business School.
- Stephan M. Levy, 1995. "Vaporware," Industrial Organization 9512001, EconWPA, revised 13 Dec 1995.
- Yi-Nung Yang, 1996. "Network Effects, Pricing Strategies, and Optimal Upgrade Time in Software Provision," Industrial Organization 9602001, EconWPA.
- Maarten Janssen & Ewa Mendys-Kamphorst, 2007. "Evolution of market shares with repeated purchases and heterogeneous network externalities," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 551-577, October.
- Leo Hove, 2014. "Metcalfe’s law: not so wrong after all," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-8, July.
- de Groot, Henri L. F. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001.
"Energy saving by firms: decision-making, barriers and policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 717-740, November.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "Energy Saving by Firms: Decision-Making, Barriers and Policies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Klaus CONRAD, 2005. "Price Competition and Product Differentiation when Goods have Network Effects," Industrial Organization 0502002, EconWPA.
- Roberto Fontana, 2003. "Rapid Technical Change and the Speed of Lock-in: Standard Battles in the Local Area Network Industry in the 1990s," KITeS Working Papers 146, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2003.
- Andrea Galeotti & Sanjeev Goyal, 2007.
"A Theory of Strategic Diffusion,"
Economics Discussion Papers
635, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Hess, Mike & Ricart, Joan E., 2002. "Managing customer switching costs: A framework for competing in the networked environment," IESE Research Papers D/472, IESE Business School.
- Stefano Colombo & Luca Grilli & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra, 2014. "Network Externalities, Incumbent’s Competitive Advantage and the Degree of Openness of Software Start-Ups," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(2), pages 175-200, August.
- Dranove, David & Gandal, Neil, 2002. "The DVD Versus DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Network Effects and Preannouncement Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 3634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Arrow, 2000. "Increasing returns: historiographic issues and path dependence," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 171-180.
- Wheatley, W. Parker, 2003. "Survival And Ownership Of Internet Marketplaces For Agriculture," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22214, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).