Citations for "Installed Base and Compatibility, With Implications for Product Preannouncements"
by Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner
- Roberto Fontana, 2003. "Rapid Technical Change and the Speed of Lock-in: Standard Battles in the Local Area Network Industry in the 1990s," KITeS Working Papers 146, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2003.
- Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 1999.
"Energy Saving by Firms: Decision-Making, Barriers and Policies,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
99-031/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- de Groot, Henri L. F. & Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001. "Energy saving by firms: decision-making, barriers and policies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 717-740, November.
- Neil Gandal & Shane GreenStein & David Salant, 1997.
"Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market,"
CARE Working Papers
9705, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Gandal, Neil & Greenstein, Shane & Salant, David, 1999. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 87-105, March.
- Neil Gandal & Shane Greenstein & David Salant, 1995. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcomputer Market," Industrial Organization 9502002, EconWPA.
- Gandal, N. & Greenstein, S. & Salant, D., 1995. "Adoptions and Orphans in the Early Microcumputer Market," Papers 02-95, Tel Aviv.
- Sébastien LOTZ & Guillaume ROCHETEAU, 2000.
"Launching of a New Currency in a Simple Random Matching Model,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP)
00.10, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Sebastien Lotz & Guillaume Rocheteau, 2000. "Launching of a New Currency in a Simple Random Matching Model," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0720, Econometric Society.
- Michele Moretto, 2007.
"Competition and Irreversible Investments under Uncertainty,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0058, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Moretto, Michele, 2008. "Competition and irreversible investments under uncertainty," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 75-88, March.
- Michele Moretto, 2003. "Competition and Irreversible Investments under Uncertainty," Working Papers 2003.32, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Trajtenberg, M. & Bresnahan, T.F., 1992.
"General Purpose Technologies: "Engines of Growth","
16-92, Tel Aviv.
- Dranove, David & Gandal, Neil, 2000.
"The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Vaporware,"
Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series
qt4961n0hj, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David Dranove and Neil Gandal., 2000. "The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Vaporware," Economics Working Papers E00-293, University of California at Berkeley.
- Dranove, David & Gandal, Neil, 2000. "The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Vaporware," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0979867q, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David Dranove & Neil Gandal, 2001. "The DVD vs. DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Vaporware," Law and Economics 0012001, EconWPA.
- Andreas Pyka & Paul Windrum, 2001.
"The Self-Organisation of Strategic Alliances,"
Discussion Paper Series
209, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Yi-Nung Yang, 1996. "Network Effects, Pricing Strategies, and Optimal Upgrade Time in Software Provision," Industrial Organization 9602001, EconWPA.
- Scott, Peter, 2001. "Path Dependence and Britain's "Coal Wagon Problem"," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 366-385, July.
- Huw Dixon & Ernesto Somma, "undated". "Coordination and Equilibrium selection in mean defined supermodular games under payoff monotonic selection dynamics," Discussion Papers 99/37, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Kenneth Arrow, 2000. "Increasing returns: historiographic issues and path dependence," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 171-180.
- David Gill, 2004.
"Strategic Disclosure of Intermediate Research Results,"
Economics Series Working Papers
211, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- David Gill, 2008. "Strategic Disclosure of Intermediate Research Results," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 733-758, 09.
- Estache, Antonio & Manacorda, Marco & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2002.
"Telecommunication reforms, access regulation, and Internet adoption in Latin America,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2802, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Marco Manacorda & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2002. "Telecommunications Reform, Access Regulation, and Internet Adoption in Latin America," ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, ECONOMIA JOURNAL OF THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 153-218, January.
- A. Banerji & Bhaskar Dutta, 2004. "Networks, Network Externalities and Market Segmentation," Working papers 124, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Nicholas Economides & William Lehr, 1994. "The Quality of Complex Systems and Industry Structure," Working Papers 94-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Vanberg, Margit A., 2005. "Network Externalities and Interconnection Incentives," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-80, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Shane Greenstein, 1994. "The Competitive Crash in Large-Scale Commercial Computing," NBER Working Papers 4901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maarten Janssen & Ewa Mendys-Kamphorst, 2007. "Evolution of market shares with repeated purchases and heterogeneous network externalities," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 551-577, October.
- P. Dogan, "undated".
"Vertical Networks, Integration, and Connectivity,"
33644, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999.
"Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance,"
SOI - Working Papers
9906, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," Working papers 99-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 2000. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1881, Econometric Society.
- Kubota, Keiko, 2000. "Trade negotiations in the presence of network externalities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2317, The World Bank.
- Carmine di Noia, 1998. "Competition and Integration among Stock Exchanges in Europe: Network Effects, Implicit Mergers and Remote Access," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bradley J. Ruffle, Avi Weiss, Amir Etziony, 2015. "The Role of Critical Mass in Establishing a Successful Network Market: An Experimental Investigation," LCERPA Working Papers 0092, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 12 May 2015.
- Sinan Aral, 2011. "Commentary--Identifying Social Influence: A Comment on Opinion Leadership and Social Contagion in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 217-223, 03-04.
- Irina Suleymanova & Christian Wey, 2008.
"Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
796, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Suleymanova Irina & Wey Christian, 2011. "Bertrand Competition in Markets with Network Effects and Switching Costs," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-58, September.
- Suleymanova, Irina & Wey, Christian, 2011. "Bertrand competition in markets with network effects and switching costs," DICE Discussion Papers 30, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE), University of Düsseldorf.
- Church, Jeffrey & Gandal, Neil & Krause, David, 2003.
"Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3738, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Church Jeffrey & Gandal Neil & Krause David, 2008. "Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Jeffrey Church & Neil Gandal & David Krause, 2003. "Indirect Network Effects and Adoption Externalities," Microeconomics 0301001, EconWPA.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2004.
"Entry, Standards and Competition: Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(1), pages 89-113, November.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2005. "Entry, standards and competition : firm strategies and the diffusion of mobile telephony," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 801, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2002. "Entry, Standards and Competition : Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony," Discussion Papers 824, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- M. Kandori & R. Rob, 2010.
"Bandwagon Effects and Long Run Technology Choice,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
501, David K. Levine.
- Stefano Colombo & Luca Grilli & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra, 2014. "Network Externalities, Incumbent’s Competitive Advantage and the Degree of Openness of Software Start-Ups," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(2), pages 175-200, August.
- Wheatley, W. Parker, 2003. "Survival And Ownership Of Internet Marketplaces For Agriculture," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22214, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jean J., GABSWEWICZ & Filomena, GARCIA, 2005.
"Quality improvement and network externalities,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2005064, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Simcoe, Timothy & Toffel, Michael W., 2014.
"Government green procurement spillovers: Evidence from municipal building policies in California,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 411-434.
- Timothy Simcoe & Michael W. Toffel, 2012. "Government Green Procurement Spillovers: Evidence from Municipal Building Policies in California," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-030, Harvard Business School, revised May 2014.
- Gerard Llobet & Michael Manove, 2006. "Network Size and Network Capture," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-007, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Malone, Thomas W. & Massachusetts Institute of Technology., 1988. "What is coordination theory?," Working papers no. 182. Working paper (S, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Dominic Deller & Michael Stubenrath & Christoph Weber, 1999. "A survey on the use of the Internet for investor relations in the USA, the UK and Germany," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 351-364.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Christian Wey, 2002. "Merger Control in the New Economy," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001.
"A study of the interrelated bilateral transactions in credit card networks,"
Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments
EPS-2001-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001. "A Study of the Interrelated Bilateral Transactions in Credit Card Networks," Law and Economics 0111001, EconWPA.
- Pekka Sääskilahti, 2016.
"Buying Decision Coordination and Monopoly Pricing of Network Goods,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 313-333, 04.
- Sääskilahti, Pekka, 2006. "Buying Decision Coordination and Monopoly Pricing of Network Goods," MPRA Paper 5106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 2002.
"The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 194-220, Summer.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use of Tying to Preserve and Create Market Power in Evolving Industries," NBER Working Papers 6831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Michael Waldman, 1998. "The Strategic Use Of Tying To Preserve And Create Market Power In Evolving Industries," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 145, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dominique Desruelle & Gerard Gaudet & Yves Richelle, 1995.
"Complementarity, Coordination and Compatibility: The Role of Fixed Costs in the Economics of Systems,"
9508001, EconWPA, revised 14 Aug 1995.
- Desruelle, Dominique & Gaudet, Gerard & Richelle, Yves, 1996. "Complementarity, coordination and compatibility: The role of fixed costs in the economics of systems," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-768, October.
- Becker, Jan U. & Clement, Michel & Nöth, Markus, 2016. "Start-ups, incumbents, and the effects of takeover competition," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5925-5933.
- Doh Shin Jeon, "undated". "Relying on the agent in charge of production for project evaluation," Economics Working Papers 623, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2006.
- Joerg Oechssler, 1994.
"Decentralization and the Coordination Problem,"
Game Theory and Information
- Sanjeev Goyal & Andrea Galeotti, 2007. "A Theory of Strategic Diffusion," Working Papers 2007.70, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kari Kemppainen, 2004. "Competition and regulation in European retail payment systems," Microeconomics 0404008, EconWPA.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006.
"Co-opetition and prelaunch in standard-setting for developing technologies,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19843, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tobias Kretschmer & Katrin Muehlfeld, 2006. "Co-Opetition and Prelaunch in Standard-Setting for Developing Technologies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0742, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Tåg, Joacim, 2011.
"Acquisitions, Entry and Innovation in Oligopolistic Network Industries,"
Working Paper Series
867, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 30 Nov 2016.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Persson, Lars & Tå̊g, Joacim, 2014. "Acquisitions, entry, and innovation in oligopolistic network industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-12.
- repec:cmf:wpaper:wp2006_0604 is not listed on IDEAS
- James J. McAndrews, 1997. "Network issues and payment systems," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 15-25.
- Dziubiński, Marcin Konrad & Goyal, Sanjeev, 2017. "How do you defend a network?," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 12(1), January.
- Lydia L. Gan & Hian Chye Koh, 2005. "The Profiles of Software Pirates among Tertiary Institutions in Singapore," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 0508, Nanyang Technological University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- A. Bassanini & G. Dosi, 1998. "Competing Technologies, International Diffusion and the Rate of Convergence to a Stable Market Structure," Working Papers ir98012, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Dranove, David & Gandal, Neil, 2002. "The DVD Versus DIVX Standard War: Empirical Evidence of Network Effects and Preannouncement Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 3634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hess, Mike & Ricart, Joan E., 2002. "Managing customer switching costs: A framework for competing in the networked environment," IESE Research Papers D/472, IESE Business School.
- John C. Persons & Vincent A. Warther, "undated". "Boom and Bust Patterns in the Adoption of Financial Innovations," Research in Financial Economics 9601, Ohio State University.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne & Rege, Mari, 2006. "Advertising as Distortion of Learning in Markets with Network Externalities," Memorandum 24/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Stephan M. Levy, 1995. "Vaporware," Industrial Organization 9512001, EconWPA, revised 13 Dec 1995.
- Casadesus-Masanell, Ramon & Ghemawat, Pankaj, 2003. "Dynamic mixed duopoly: A model motivated by Linux vs. Windows," IESE Research Papers D/519, IESE Business School.
- Godoe, Helge, 2000. "Innovation regimes, R&D and radical innovations in telecommunications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1033-1046, December.
- Christian Wey, 1999. "Compatibility Investments in Duopoly with Demand Side Spillovers under Different Degrees of Cooperation," CIG Working Papers FS IV 99-02, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG), revised Aug 1999.
- Cantillon, Estelle & Yin, Pai-Ling, 2007. "How and when do markets tip? Lessons from the Battle of the Bund," Working Paper Series 0766, European Central Bank.
- Floortje Alkemade & Carolina Castaldi, 2005. "Strategies for the Diffusion of Innovations on Social Networks," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Marcin Dziubinski & Sanjeev Goyal, 2014. "How to Defend a Network?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1450, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Garth Saloner & Andrea Shepard, 1992. "Adoption of Technologies With Network Effects: An Empirical Examination of the Adoption of Automated Teller Machines," NBER Working Papers 4048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klaus CONRAD, 2005. "Price Competition and Product Differentiation when Goods have Network Effects," Industrial Organization 0502002, EconWPA.
- Leo Hove, 2014. "Metcalfe’s law: not so wrong after all," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-8, July.
- Bronwyn H. Hall, 2004. "Innovation and Diffusion," NBER Working Papers 10212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.