Network issues and payment systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1986. "Installed Base and Compatibility: Innovation, Product Preannouncements, and Predation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 940-955, December.
- Dybvig, Philip H. & Spatt, Chester S., 1983. "Adoption externalities as public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 231-247, March.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Neil Gandal & Michael Kende & Rafael Rob, 1997. "The Dynamics of Technological Adoption in Hardware/Software Systems," CARE Working Papers 9706, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985.
"Installed Base and Compatibility With Implications for Product Preannouncements,"
385, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1986. "Installed Base and Compatibility, With Implications for Product Preannouncements," Working papers 411, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Dennis W. Carlton & Alan S. Frankel, 1995. "Antitrust and payment technologies," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 41-54.
- Caskey, John P & St Laurent, Simon, 1994. "The Susan B. Anthony Dollar and the Theory of Coin/Note Substitutions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 495-510, August.
- Theodosios Temzelides, 1997. "Are bank runs contagious?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 3-14.
- Kirstin E. Wells, 1996. "Are checks overused?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 2-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilko Bolt & David B. Humphrey, 2005. "Public Good Aspects of TARGET: Natural Monopoly, Scale Economies, and Cost Allocation," DNB Working Papers 036, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Pippow Ingo & Schoder Detlef, 2002. "The Demand for Stored Value Payment Instruments," Microeconomics 0204002, EconWPA.
- Michael C. Bonello & George M. von Furstenberg & Kari Kemppainen & Sinikka Salo, 2006. "The Adoption of the Euro, Choice of Currency Regime and Integration of Payment Systems," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2006/5 edited by Morten Balling.
- Chakravorti Sujit, 2003.
"Theory of Credit Card Networks: A Survey of the Literature,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-19, June.
- Sujit Chakravorti, 2003. "Theory of credit card networks: a survey of the literature," Payment Cards Center Discussion Paper 03-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jean-Marc Figuet, 2009. "La mise en place de TARGET2 : un élément de la nouvelle architecture financière de l’économie européenne," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(1), pages 329-338.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001.
"A study of the interrelated bilateral transactions in credit card networks,"
Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments
EPS-2001-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Alpa Shah, 2001. "A Study of the Interrelated Bilateral Transactions in Credit Card Networks," Law and Economics 0111001, EconWPA.
- Kemppainen, Kari, 2008. "Integrating European retail payment systems : some economics of SEPA," Research Discussion Papers 22/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Gilbert, Erika W. & Scott, William L., 2001. "The Financial Modernization Act: new perspectives for the finance curriculum," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 197-208.
- Snellman, Heli, 2006. "Automated teller machine network market structure and cash usage," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 2006_038, November.
- Bolt, Wilko & Humphrey, David, 2005. "Public good issues in TARGET: natural monopoly, scale economies, network effects and cost allocation," Working Paper Series 505, European Central Bank.
- Loretta J. Mester, 2000. "The changing nature of the payments system: should new players mean new rules?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Mar, pages 3-26.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Maixe-Altes, J. Carles, 2009. "Managing technological change by committee: Adoption of computers in Spanish and British savings banks (circa 1960-1988)," MPRA Paper 27086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Charles Rochet, 2007. "Some economics of horizontal integration in the payments industry," Proceedings – Payments System Research Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Stacey L. Schreft, 2002. "Clicking with dollars : how consumers can pay for purchases from E-tailers," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 37-64.
- W. Bolt, 2003. "Retail Payments in the Netherlands: some Facts and Some Theory," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 722, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Robert M. Hunt, 2003. "Antitrust issues in payment card networks: can they do that? should we let them?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q2, pages 14-23.
- Alessandra Guariglia & Yiing Jia Loke, 2004. "What determines the value and volume of noncash transactions? Evidence from a panel of European and North American countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 291-303.
- Kenneth N. Kuttner & James J. McAndrews, 2001. "Personal on-line payments," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 35-50.
- Kari Kemppainen, 2004. "Competition and regulation in European retail payment systems," Microeconomics 0404008, EconWPA.
- Hayashi Fumiko & Klee Elizabeth, 2003.
"Technology Adoption and Consumer Payments: Evidence from Survey Data,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-16, June.
- Fumiko Hayashi & Elizabeth C. Klee, 2002. "Technology adoption and consumer payments : evidence from survey data," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Solomon, Elinor Harris, 1999. "What should regulators do about consolidation and electronic money?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 645-653, February.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpbr:y:1997:i:nov:p:15-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.