Managing technological change by committee: Adoption of computers in Spanish and British savings banks (circa 1960-1988)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Merrett & Stephen Morgan & Simon Ville, 2008. "Industry associations as facilitators of social capital: The establishment and early operations of the Melbourne Woolbrokers Association," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 781-794.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Steven Tadelis & Oliver E.Williamson, 2012. "Transaction Cost Economics," Introductory Chapters,in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.), : The Handbook of Organizational Economics Princeton University Press.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1990. "The Fable of the Keys," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-25, April.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Shy,Oz, 2001. "The Economics of Network Industries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, March.
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1995. "Path Dependence, Lock-in, and History," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 205-226, April.
- Fishlow, Albert, 1961. "The Trustee Savings Banks, 1817–1861," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 26-40, March.
- Shy, Oz & Tarkka, Juha, 2002. "The Market for Electronic Cash Cards," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Soto, Ángel Pascual Martínez, 2000. "Las Cajas de Ahorros españolas en el siglo XIX: entre la beneficencia y la integración en el sistema financiero," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 585-628, December.
- J. Carles Maixe-Altes, 2009. "Enterprise and philanthropy: the dilemma of Scottish savings banks in the late nineteenth century," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 39-59.
- James J. McAndrews, 1997. "Network issues and payment systems," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 15-25.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, 2004. "Strategic alliances and competitive edge: insights from Spanish and UK banking histories," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 23-56.
- Martinez, Manuel Titos, 1989. "La Caja de Madrid en el siglo XIX: ¿Actividad asistencial o financiera?," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 557-587, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maixé-Altés, J. Carles, 2015. "Divergent Paths to a Network World. An Approach to the IT from Savings Banks Industry," MPRA Paper 67785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsco-ordination vs. hierarchies; management committees; collaboration; networks; technical change; computers; savings banks (TSB; cajas); national associations of saving banks (CECA); Spain; UK.;
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .