Industrial Concentration: A Survey
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krishna Dayal Pandey & Tarak Nath Sahu, 2021. "Ownership Concentration and Agency Crises in Indian Manufacturing Firms," Business Perspectives and Research, , vol. 9(1), pages 128-143, January.
- P. Allanson, 1992. "Farm Size Structure In England And Wales 1939‐89," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 137-148, May.
- George Symeonidis, 2000.
"Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Symeonidis, George, 1999. "Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 2308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nigel Driffield, 2001. "Inward Investment and Host Country Market Structure: The Case of the U.K," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 18(4), pages 363-378, June.
- Vlachvei, A. & Oustapassidis, K., 1998.
"Advertising, concentration and profitability in Greek food manufacturing industries,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 191-198, March.
- A. Vlachvei & K. Oustapassidis, 1998. "Advertising, concentration and profitability in Greek food manufacturing industries," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 18(2), pages 191-198, March.
- Ng, Linda Fung-Yee & Tuan, Chyau, 1997. "Evolving outward investment, industrial concentration, and technology change: Implications for post-1997 Hong Kong," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 315-332.
- Paul Latreille & James Mackley, 2011. "Using Excel to Illustrate Hannah and Kay's Concentration Axioms," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 10(1), pages 117-127.
- Berik, Gunseli & Van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Zveglich, Joseph E., 2003. "International trade and wage discrimination : evidence from East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3111, The World Bank.
- Peter Backus & David Clifford, 2013. "Are big charities becoming more dominant?: cross-sectional and longitudinal perspectives," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 176(3), pages 761-776, June.
- Domínguez Jurado, José Miguel & Triguero-Ruiz, Francisco & Avila-Cano, Antonio, 2021. "Firm growth in the 21st century: Does the Andalusian economy comply with Gibrat’s Law?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 577(C).
- Caswell, Julie A., 1988. "An Alternative Measure Of Aggregate Concentration With An Application To The Agribusiness Sector," Working Papers 115904, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Beilock, Richard P. & Rahmani, Mohammed & Rosalsky, Mercedes, 1987. "The Structure Of A Never Regulated Less-Than-Truckload Market In The United States," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 1-10, October.
- Otchere, Isaac & Senbet, Lemma W. & Zhu, Pengcheng, 2020. "Does political connection distort competition and encourage corporate risk taking? International evidence," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 21-42.
- Premti, Arjan & Smith, Garrett, 2020. "Earnings management in the pre-IPO process: Biases and predictors," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Nelson, Ray D., 1984. "Measures of Diversity: A Comparison," Regional Research Projects >1984: S-180 Annual Meeting, March 25-28, 1984, New Orleans, Louisiana 307233, Regional Research Projects > S-180: An Economic Analysis of Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Production Firms.
- Jomo, K. & Popov, V., 2016. "Long-Term Trends in Income Distribution," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 146-160.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Giuri, Paola, 2000. "When shakeout doesn't occur: The evolution of the turboprop engine industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 847-870, August.
- Giroud, Xavier & Mueller, Holger M, 2007. "Does Corporate Governance Matter in Competitive Industries?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6446, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Papatheodorou, Andreas & Arvanitis, Pavlos, 2009. "Spatial evolution of airport traffic and air transport liberalisation: the case of Greece," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 402-412.
- Nahum D. Melumad & Amir Ziv, 2004. "Reduced Quality and an Unlevel Playing Field Could Make Consumers Happier," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12), pages 1646-1659, December.
- Koen Frenken & Siebren Van Terwisga & Thijs Verburg & Guillaume Burghouwt, 2004. "Airline Competition At European Airports," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 95(2), pages 233-242, April.
- Harrison, Darryl & Rude, James, 2004. "Measuring Industry Concentration in Canada's Food Processing Sectors 1990-2001," Agriculture and Rural Working Paper Series 28056, Statistics Canada.
- Bai, Chong-En & Mao, Jie & Zhang, Qiong, 2014. "Measuring market concentration in China: the problem with using censored data and its rectification," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 432-447.
- Zhen Peng & Yujun Lian & Joseph A. Forson, 2021. "Peer effects in R&D investment policy: Evidence from China," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 4516-4533, July.
- Matteo Migheli & Giovanni Battista Ramello, 2018. "The market of academic attention," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 114(1), pages 113-133, January.
- Jedlicka, Lorenz & Jumah, Adusei, 2006. "The Austrian Insurance Industry: A Structure, Conduct and Performance Analysis," Economics Series 189, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Datta, Sudip & Iskandar-Datta, Mai & Singh, Vivek, 2013. "Product market power, industry structure, and corporate earnings management," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3273-3285.
- Sammy Zahran & Michael A. Long & Kenneth J. Berry, 2012. "Measures of predictor sensitivity for order-insensitive partitioning of multiple correlation," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 39-51, March.
- Lis-Gutiérrez, Jenny-Paola, 2013. "Medidas de concentración y estabilidad de mercado. Una aplicación para Excel [Market concentration and market stability measures. An application for Excel]," MPRA Paper 47615, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Onji, Kazuki, 2009.
"The response of firms to eligibility thresholds: Evidence from the Japanese value-added tax,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 766-775, June.
- Kazuki Onji, 2008. "The Response of Firms to Eligibility Thresholds : Evidence from the Japanese Value-Added Tax," Finance Working Papers 21965, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kazuki Onji, 2008. "The Response of Firms to Eligibility Thresholds: Evidence from the Japanese Value-Added Tax," Asia Pacific Economic Papers 370, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Elango, B., 1998. "An empirical examination of the influence of industry and firm drivers on the rate of internationalization by firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 201-221, November.
- Nikbakht, Ehsan & Sarkar, Sayan & Smith, Garrett C. & Spieler, Andrew C., 2021. "Pre-IPO earnings management: Evidence from India," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- GÃ¼nseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, Jr., 2002.
"Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity? Evidence from East Asia,"
SCEPA working paper series.
2002-14, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Gunseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich Jr., 2003. "Does Trade Promote Gender Wage Equity?: Evidence from East Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_373, Levy Economics Institute.
- Bhattacharya, Mita & Bloch, Harry, 2000. "The dynamics of industrial concentration in Australian manufacturing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1181-1199, December.
- Oz Shy, 2021. "Consumer Use of Multiple Payment Methods," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 58(3), pages 339-355, May.
- Rotheli, Tobias F., 2008. "Estimation of evolutionary models as a tool for research in industrial organization," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 138-148, February.
- Mita Bhattacharya & Jong-Rong Chen, 2009. "Market dynamics and dichotomy: evidence from Taiwanese manufacturing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(17), pages 2169-2179.
- Bukvić, Rajko, 2020. "Measuring of Concentration and Competition: Serbian Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 107465, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2020.
- Willem F. J. Buijink & Steven J. Maijoor & Roger H. G. Meuwissen, 1998. "Competition in Auditing: Evidence from Entry, Exit, and Market Share Mobility in Germany versus The Netherlands," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 15(3), pages 385-404, September.
- Lim, Kwanghui, 2004. "The relationship between research and innovation in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries (1981-1997)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 287-321, March.
- Barbara M. Roberts, "undated". "Transition and Changes in Industrial Concentration in Poland," Discussion Papers in European Economics 98/4, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Alexander M. Goulielmos & Giannis Sitzimis, 2012. "Measuring Market Concentration in the Aegean Ferry System," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 62(1-2), pages 7-27, January -.
- de Vany, Arthur & Kim, Cassey Lee Hong, 2003. "Stochastic Market Structure: Concentration Measures and Motion Picture Antitrust," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30701, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Gheorghe Săvoiu & Vasile Dinu & Laurenţiu Tăchiciu, 2012. "Romania Foreign Trade in Global Recession, Revealed by the Extended Method of Exchange Rate Indicators," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 173-194, February.
- Tingting Zhang & Weiqiang Zeng & Ruohan Zhong & Yanxi Li, 2017. "Industry competition in China: an external governance mechanism or an external incentive," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 31(2), pages 123-136, November.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2005. "Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2103-2118, December.
- Frederico Rocha & Sálua Bueno & Luiza Nassif Pires, 2007. "Dinâmica Da Concentração De Mercado Na Indústria Brasileira, 1996-2003," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 141, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Pant, Manoj & Pattanayak, Manoranjan, 2005. "Does Openness Promote Competition? A Case Study of Indian Manufacturing," MPRA Paper 2871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taylan Mavruk & Conny Overland & Stefan Sjögren, 2020. "Keeping it real or keeping it simple? Ownership concentration measures compared," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), pages 958-1005, September.
- Melville L. McMillan & Debasish Datta, 1998. "The Relative Efficiencies of Canadian Universities: A DEA Perspective," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(4), pages 485-511, December.
- Waisman, Maya, 2013. "Product market competition and the cost of bank loans: Evidence from state antitakeover laws," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4721-4737.
- Kabango, Grant P. & Paloni, Alberto, 2010.
"Financial liberalisation and industrial development in Malawi,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-22, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Grant P. Kabango & Alberto Paloni, 2010. "Financial liberalisation and industrial development in Malawi," Working Papers 2010_08, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ozgul Bilici & Erkan Erdil & I. Hakan Yetkiner, 2008. "The Determining Role of EU in Turkey's Trade Flows: A Gravity Model Approach," Working Papers 0806, Izmir University of Economics.
- Hyun‐Hoon Lee & Chung Mo Koo & Euijeong Park, 2008. "Are Exports of China, Japan and Korea Diverted in the Major Regional Trading Blocs?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 841-860, July.
- Belobaba, Peter P. & Van Acker, Jan, 1994. "Airline market concentration," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 5-14.
- Neil A. Morgan & Lopo Leotte Rego, 2006. "The Value of Different Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Metrics in Predicting Business Performance," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 426-439, September.
- Joe Stone & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 1995. "Determinants of intra-industry trade: A longitudinal, cross-country analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 131(1), pages 67-85, March.
- Martens, Bobby J. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Dooley, Frank J., 2005. "The Effect of Entry by Supercenter and Warehouse Club Retailers on Grocery Sales and Small Supermarkets: A Spatial Analysis," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19176, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Céspedes, Jacelly & González, Maximiliano & Molina, Carlos, 2008. "Ownership Concentration and the Determinants of Capital Structure in Latin America," Galeras. Working Papers Series 020, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Jatinder Singh, 2011. "Inward Investment and Market Structure in an Open Developing Economy: A Case of Indiaâ€™s Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 2(6), pages 286-297.
- Mitton, Todd, 2008. "Institutions and concentration," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 367-394, June.
- Ratnayake, Ravi, 1999. "Industry concentration and competition: New Zealand experience," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1041-1057, October.
- Sahaym, Arvin & Treviño, Len J. & Steensma, H. Kevin, 2012. "The influence of managerial discretion, innovation and uncertainty on export intensity: A real options perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1131-1147.
- Bassam M. Abu-Abbas, Turki Alhmoud, Fatima A. Algazo, 2019. "Financial leverage and firm performance: evidence from Amman stock exchange," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 16(2), pages 207-237, December.
- Willmore, Larry, 1986. "Foreign Control and Concentration in Brazilian Industry," MPRA Paper 107363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bellak, Christian, 1992. "Towards A Flexible Concept of Competitiveness," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 13, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Andreas PAPATHEODOROU & Pavlos ARVANITIS, 2014. "Tourism And The Economic Crisis In Greece - Regional Perspectives," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 39, pages 183-203.
- Jonathan Kluberg & Georgia Perakis, 2012. "Generalized Quantity Competition for Multiple Products and Loss of Efficiency," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 60(2), pages 335-350, April.
- Scott F. Turner & Will Mitchell & Richard A. Bettis, 2010. "Responding to Rivals and Complements: How Market Concentration Shapes Generational Product Innovation Strategy," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 854-872, August.
- Keith Chapman & Helen Edmond, 2000. "Mergers/Acquisitions and Restructuring in the EU Chemical Industry: Patterns and Implications," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(8), pages 753-767.
- Peng, Zhen & Lian, Yujun & Forson, Joseph Ato, 2017. "Peer Effects in R&D Investment Policy: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 102394, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Jun 2019.
- Rosa Portela Forte, 2016.
"Multinational firms and host country market structure: A review of empirical literature,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 240-265, March.
- Rosa Forte, 2013. "Multinational Firms And Host Country Market Structure: A Review Of Empirical Literature," FEP Working Papers 497, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Bello, Alejandro & Huerta, Emilio, 2007. "Regulation and market power in the Spanish liquefied petroleum gas industry: Progress or failure?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3595-3605, July.
- Ginés Hernández-Cánovas & Antonio Mínguez-Vera & Javier Sánchez-Vidal, 2016. "Ownership structure and debt as corporate governance mechanisms: an empirical analysis for Spanish SMEs," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 960-976, November.
- Chari, Anusha & Gupta, Nandini, 2008. "Incumbents and protectionism: The political economy of foreign entry liberalization," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 633-656, June.
- Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Park, Donghyun & Wang, Jing, 2013. "Different types of firms, different types of products, and their dynamics: An anatomy of China's imports," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 62-77.
- Yao, Xinlin & Zhang, Peiran & Lu, Xianghua & Huang, Lihua, 2020. "Early or Late? Entry timing in online IT service markets and the moderating effects of market characteristics," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 265-277.
- Alena Zemplinerova, 2010. "Competition policy and economic analysis: What can we learn from firm and industry data?," CERGE-EI Books, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague, edition 1, number b07, November.
- Apella, Ignacio, 2006. "Heterogeneous demand and market segmentation: the Argentine pension funds system," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Giroud, Xavier & Mueller, Holger M, 2008. "Corporate Governance, Product Market Competition, and Equity Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 6974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oz Shy, 2019. "Consumer Use of Multiple Payment Methods," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2019-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Nigel Driffield, 2001. "Inward investment, industry concentration and the speed of adjustment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(2), pages 193-214, June.
- Martens, Bobby J. & Dooley, Frank J. & Kim, Sounghun, 2006. "The Effect Of Entry By Wal-Mart Supercenters On Retail Grocery Concentration," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21101, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Florian Geiger & Dirk Schiereck, 2014. "The influence of industry concentration on merger motives—empirical evidence from machinery industry mergers," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(1), pages 27-52, January.
- Vera Krisement, 1998. "An approach for measuring the degree of comparability of financial accounting information," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 465-485.