Does Openness Promote Competition? A Case Study of Indian Manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levinsohn, James, 1993.
"Testing the imports-as-market-discipline hypothesis,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 1-22, August.
- James Levinsohn, 1991. "Testing the Imports-as-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 3657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinsohn, J., 1991. "Testing the Imports-As-Market-Discipline Hypothesis," Working Papers 272, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann E., 1994. "Productivity, imperfect competition and trade reform : Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 53-73, February.
- Barbara M. Roberts, "undated". "Transition and Changes in Industrial Concentration in Poland," Discussion Papers in European Economics 98/4, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Curry, B & George, K D, 1983. "Industrial Concentration: A Survey," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 203-255, March.
- Krishna, Pravin & Mitra, Devashish, 1998.
"Trade liberalization, market discipline and productivity growth: new evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 447-462, August.
- Pravin Krishna & Devashish Mitra, 1996. "Trade Liberalization, Market Discipline and Productivity Growth: New Evidence From India," Working Papers 96-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manoranjan Pattanayak Author- Workplace-Name: CRISIL LIMITED & Manoj Pant, "undated". "Corporate Governance, Competition and Firm Performance: Evidence from India," Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Discussion Papers 10-07, Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Sandwip Kumar Das & Manoj Pant, 2006. "Measuring market imperfection in the manufacturing sector: Theory and evidence from India," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 63-79.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Indian Manufacturing;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .