Efficiency Gains from Trade Reform: Foreign Technology or Import Competition? Evidence from South Africa’s Manufacturing Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, EconWPA.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, EconWPA, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- Fernandes, Ana M., 2007.
"Trade policy, trade volumes and plant-level productivity in Colombian manufacturing industries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 52-71.
- Ana Fernandes, 2002. "Trade Policy, Trade Volumes and Plant-Level Productivity in Colombian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 847, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Fernandes, Ana M., 2003. "Trade policy, trade volumes, and plant-level productivity in Colombian manufacturing industries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3064, The World Bank.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- Philippe Aghion & Matias Braun & Johannes Fedderke, 2008.
"Competition and productivity growth in South Africa,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, pages 741-768.
- Philippe Aghion & Matias Braun & Johannes Fedderke, 2006. "Competition and Productivity Growth in South Africa," CID Working Papers 132, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Aghion, Philippe & Braun, Matias & Fedderke, Johannes, 2008. "Competition and Productivity Growth in South Africa," Scholarly Articles 3350068, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Matias Braun & Johannes Fedderke, 2007. "Competition and Productivity Growth in South Africa," Working Papers 54, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Mary Amiti & Jozef Konings, 2007.
"Trade Liberalization, Intermediate Inputs, and Productivity: Evidence from Indonesia,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1611-1638.
- Mary Amiti & Jozef G Konings, 2005. "Trade Liberalization, Intermediate Inputs, and Productivity; Evidence from Indonesia," IMF Working Papers 05/146, International Monetary Fund.
- Amiti, Mary & Konings, Jozef, 2005. "Trade Liberalization, Intermediate Inputs and Productivity: Evidence from Indonesia," CEPR Discussion Papers 5104, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johannes Fedderke & Chandana Kularatne & Martine Mariotti, 2007. "Mark-up Pricing in South African Industry," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), pages 28-69.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Trade Reform; Tariffs; Manufacturing; South Africa;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-10-27 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-10-27 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2007-10-27 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2007-10-27 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eui:euiwps:eco2007/18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Valerio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiueit.html .