Inward investment, industry concentration and the speed of adjustment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shapiro, Daniel & Khemani, R. S., 1987. "The determinants of entry and exit reconsidered," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-26, March.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Symeonidis, George, 2000.
"Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Symeonidis, George, 1999. "Price Competition and Market Structure: The Impact of Cartel Policy on Concentration in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 2308, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rosenbaum, David I., 1993. "Profit, entry and changes in concentration," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 185-203, June.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Neven, Damien & Siotis, Georges, 1993.
"Foreign Direct Investment in the European Community: Some Policy Issues,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 72-93, Summer.
- Damien Neven & Georges Siotis, 1993. "Foreign direct investment in the european community: Some policy issues," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/184831, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Willmore, Larry, 1989. "Determinants of industrial structure: A Brazilian case study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(10), pages 1601-1617, October.
- Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman, 2000. "Technical efficiency of European railways: a distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1967-1976.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Gerosky, P A & Pomroy, R, 1990. "Innovation and the Evolution of Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 299-314, March.
- Greenaway, David, 1988. "Effective Tariff Protection in the United Kingdom," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 50(3), pages 313-324, August.
- Geroski, P. A. & Masson, R. T. & Shaanan, S., 1987. "The dynamics of market structure," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 93-100, March.
- Curry, B & George, K D, 1983. "Industrial Concentration: A Survey," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 203-255, March.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1982. "Market Power and Foreign Involvement by U.S. Multinationals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(2), pages 343-346, May.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1979. "Multinationals and market structure in an open developing economy: The case of Malaysia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 115(2), pages 325-350, June.
- Geroski, Paul A. & Mata, Jose, 2001. "The evolution of markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 999-1002, July.
- Sutton, John, 1996. "Technology and market structure," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 511-530, April.
- S. W. Davies & Paul A. Geroski, 2000. "Changes In Concentration, Turbulence, And The Dynamics Of Market Shares," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(3), pages 383-391, August.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1992. "Intra-industry Trade and Investment under Oligopoly: The Role of Market Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 402-414, March.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday, 1998. "The impact of foreign direct investment on UK manufacturing: is there a profit squeeze in domestic firms?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 705-709.
- Kambhampati, Uma S, 1998. "Market Structure Dynamics in Indian Industry," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 133-153, April.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday, 2000. "Industrial Performance, Agglomeration, and Foreign Manufacturing Investment in the UK," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(1), pages 21-37, March.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Constantine Bourlakis, 1987. "Multinational corporations and domestic market structure: The case of Greek manufacturing industries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 123(4), pages 719-733, December.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E, 1991. " Firm Size and Foreign Operations of Multinationals," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 101-107.
- Gorecki, Paul K, 1976. "The Determinants of Entry by Domestic and Foreign Enterprises in Canadian Manufacturing Industries: Some Comments and Empirical Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(4), pages 485-488, November.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment, Transactions Linkages, and the Performance of the Domestic Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 335-351.
- Nigel Driffield & Karl Taylor, 2005.
"Are Foreign Firms More Technologically Intensive? Uk Establishment Evidence From The Ard,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(1), pages 38-53, February.
- Nigel Driffield & Karl Taylor, "undated". "Are Foreign Firms More Technologically Intensive? UK Establishment Evidence From the ARD," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 01/9, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Hasanat Shah, Syed & Li, Jun Jiang, 2013. "Does Chinese Investment Contribute to The US Economy? An Analysis of Selected US States’ Growth, Employment and Exports," MPRA Paper 52575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2010.
"Short-run Strategies for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(7), pages 928-957, July.
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009. "Short-run strategies for attracting Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 2009_24, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & CÃ©line AzÃ©mar, 2010. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 1005, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Azemar, Celine & Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2010. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-26, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Azemar, Celine & Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2009. "Short-Run Strategies For Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-27, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2006.
"Industrial concentration in a liberalising economy: A study of Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 981-999.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2004. "Industrial Concentration in a Liberalising Economy: a Study of Indian Manufacturing," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 51, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Rosa Portela Forte, 2016.
"Multinational firms and host country market structure: A review of empirical literature,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 240-265, March.
- Rosa Forte, 2013. "Multinational Firms And Host Country Market Structure: A Review Of Empirical Literature," FEP Working Papers 497, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Kevin Amess & Barbara Roberts, 2005. "The impact of foreign and state ownership on post-transition industrial concentration: the case of Polish manufacturing," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 211-225, December.
More about this item
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:137:y:2001:i:2:p:193-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.