Work-sharing from Different Angles: A literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Warren C. Robinson, 1969. ""Disguised" Unemployment Once Again: East Pakistan, 1951–1961," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 51(3), pages 592-604.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1999. "Has Work-Sharing Worked in Germany?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 117-148.
- Ning, Guangjie, 2010. "Can Educational Expansion Improve Income Inequality in China? Evidences from the CHNS 1997 and 2006 Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5148, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bartholdi III, John J. & Eisenstein, Donald D. & Lim, Yun Fong, 2006. "Bucket brigades on in-tree assembly networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(3), pages 870-879, February.
- Hart, R. A., 1990. "Profit sharing and work sharing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-14, September.
- Raposo, Pedro S. & van Ours, Jan C., 2010. "How working time reduction affects jobs and wages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 61-63, January.
- Camille Logeay & Sven Schreiber, 2006.
"Testing the effectiveness of the French work-sharing reform: a forecasting approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(17), pages 2053-2068.
- Camille Logeay & Sven Schreiber, 2005. "Testing the effectiveness of the French work-sharing reform: a forecasting approach," IMK Working Paper 03-2005, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Bentefouet, Frank & Nembhard, David A., 2013. "Optimal flow-line conditions with worker variability," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 675-684.
- Kim, Daewon & Kim, Seongcheol, 2017. "Newspaper companies' determinants in adopting robot journalism," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 184-195.
- Martínez-Alier, Joan & Pascual, Unai & Vivien, Franck-Dominique & Zaccai, Edwin, 2010. "Sustainable de-growth: Mapping the context, criticisms and future prospects of an emergent paradigm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1741-1747, July.
- Selezneva, Ekaterina, 2011.
"Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being: Income, work, family,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Ekaterina Selezneva, 2010. "Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being : Income, work, family," Working Papers 279, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Mikal Skuterud, 2007. "Identifying the Potential of Work-Sharing as a Job-Creation Strategy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 265-287.
- van den Berg, Marrit & Lensing, Bart Jan, 2007. "Work sharing in Kerala's fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 535-539, July.
- Todd C. Neumann & Jason E. Taylor & Price Fishback, 2013. "Comparisons of Weekly Hours over the Past Century and the Importance of Work-Sharing Policies in the 1930s," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 105-110, May.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Garofalo, Antonio & Vinci, Concetto Paolo, 2005.
"Evaluating the effects of working hours on employment and wages,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 647-664, September.
- Carlo Altavilla & Antonio Garofalo & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2004. "Evaluating The Effects Of Working Hours On Employment And Wages," Working Papers 11_2004, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- King, Lewis C. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2017. "Worktime Reduction as a Solution to Climate Change: Five Scenarios Compared for the UK," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 124-134.
- Alvi, Eskander, 1988. "Information Revelation and Principal-Agent Contracts," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 132-146, January.
- Naoki Mitani, 2012. "Long-Term Trends in Leisure and Work Hours," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 79-108.
- Tor Jacobson & Henry Ohlsson, 2000.
"Working time, employment, and work sharing: Evidence from Sweden,"
Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 169-187.
- Jacobson, Tor & Ohlsson, Henry, 1996. "Working Time, Employment, and Work Sharing: Evidence from Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 135, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Zwickl, Klara & Disslbacher, Franziska & Stagl, Sigrid, 2016. "Work-sharing for a sustainable economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 246-253.
- Jehle, Geoffrey A. & Lieberman, Marc O., 1992. "Optimal implicit contracts and the choice between layoffs and work sharing," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 251-267, May.
- Ning, Guangjie, 2010. "Can educational expansion improve income inequality? Evidences from the CHNS 1997 and 2006 data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 397-412, December.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Honney, John K., 1991. "The union-nonunion wage differential over the business cycle : Evidence from PSID," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 97-103, September.
- E. Dominguez & M. Ullibarri & I. Zabaleta, 2011. "Reduction of working hours as a policy of work sharing in the face of an economic crisis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 683-686.
- FitzRoy, Felix R, 1981. "Work-Sharing and Insurance Policy: A Cure for Stagflation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 432-447.
- Petri Bockerman & Jaakko Kiander, 2002. "Has work-sharing worked in Finland?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 39-41.
- Sanne, Christer, 2000. "Dealing with environmental savings in a dynamical economy-how to stop chasing your tail in the pursuit of sustainability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 487-495, June.
- Erik de Regt, 2009. "Hourly wages and working time in the Dutch market sector 1962-1995," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 765-778.
- Krstic, Gorana & Litchfield, Julie & Reilly, Barry, 2007. "An anatomy of male labour market earnings inequality in Serbia, 1996-2003," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Dur, Robert A. J., 2001. "Explaining unemployment trends in the Netherlands," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 161-168, February.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, 2009. "Emergence and evolution of ATM networks in the UK, 1967-2000," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(1), pages 1-27.
- Doeringer, Peter B., 1988. "Market structure, jobs, and productivity: Observations from Jamaica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 465-482, April.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Huang, Chun-chieh & Lai, Ching-chong, 2007. "Working hours reduction and wage contracting style in a dynamic model with labor adjustment costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 971-993, March.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:119:y:2013:i:c:p:18-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giacomo Corneo, 1995. "Distributional implications of a shorter working week: An unpleasant note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 25-31, February.
- Paul Lanoie & Francois Raymond & Bruce Shearer, 2001. "Work sharing and productivity: evidence from firm level data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1213-1220.
- Thorsten Schank, 2006. "Have Employees In Germany Received Full Wage Compensation After A Cut In Standard Hours?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 273-293, June.
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2010.
"Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 908-918, June.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2006. "Minimum Wages, Globalization and Poverty in Honduras," IZA Discussion Papers 2497, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2008. "Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thomas Moutos, 2006. "Technological Change, Inequality And Work Sharing," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(3), pages 305-318, July.
- Stephen Devereux, 2005. "Can minimum wages contribute to poverty reduction in poor countries?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 899-912.
- Calmfors, Lars & Hoel, Michael, 1988. " Work Sharing and Overtime," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(1), pages 45-62.
- Pullinger, Martin, 2014. "Working time reduction policy in a sustainable economy: Criteria and options for its design," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 11-19.
- Klara Zwickl & Franziska Disslbacher & Sigrid Stagl, 2016. "Work-sharing for a sustainable economy," WWWforEurope Working Papers series 111, WWWforEurope.
- Jun Ando, 2011. "Identity and Couples' Housework Sharing," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 3-29.
- Schreiber, Sven, 2008. "Did work-sharing work in France? Evidence from a structural co-integrated VAR model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 478-490, June.
- Gaston, Noel, 1992. "A Characterization of Australian Unemployment Compensation: An Analysis of Labour Market Adjustment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(202), pages 247-253, September.
- Friesen, Jane, 2001. "Overtime pay regulation and weekly hours of work in Canada," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 691-720, December.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment; worktime; sharing; work reduction; inequality; happiness;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- M55 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Contracting Devices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2017-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2017-12-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-12-18 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/261958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .