Work-sharing from Different Angles: A literature review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zwickl, Klara & Disslbacher, Franziska & Stagl, Sigrid, 2016.
"Work-sharing for a sustainable economy,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 246-253.
- Zwickl, Klara & Disslbacher, Franziska & Stagl, Sigrid, 2015. "Work-sharing for a sustainable economy," Ecological Economic Papers 4, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Klara Zwickl & Franziska Disslbacher & Sigrid Stagl, 2015. "Work-sharing for a sustainable economy," Ecological Economics Papers ieep4, Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Camille Logeay & Sven Schreiber, 2006.
"Testing the effectiveness of the French work-sharing reform: a forecasting approach,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(17), pages 2053-2068.
- Camille Logeay & Sven Schreiber, 2005. "Testing the effectiveness of the French work-sharing reform: a forecasting approach," IMK Working Paper 03-2005, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Bentefouet, Frank & Nembhard, David A., 2013. "Optimal flow-line conditions with worker variability," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 675-684.
- Kim, Daewon & Kim, Seongcheol, 2017. "Newspaper companies' determinants in adopting robot journalism," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 184-195.
- Selezneva, Ekaterina, 2011.
"Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being: Income, work, family,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Ekaterina Selezneva, 2010. "Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being : Income, work, family," Working Papers 279, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- van den Berg, Marrit & Lensing, Bart Jan, 2007. "Work sharing in Kerala's fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 535-539, July.
- Todd C. Neumann & Jason E. Taylor & Price Fishback, 2013. "Comparisons of Weekly Hours over the Past Century and the Importance of Work-Sharing Policies in the 1930s," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 105-110, May.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Garofalo, Antonio & Vinci, Concetto Paolo, 2005.
"Evaluating the effects of working hours on employment and wages,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 647-664, September.
- Carlo Altavilla & Antonio Garofalo & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2004. "Evaluating The Effects Of Working Hours On Employment And Wages," Working Papers 11_2004, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1999. "Has Work-Sharing Worked in Germany?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 117-148.
- Alvi, Eskander, 1988. "Information Revelation and Principal-Agent Contracts," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 132-146, January.
- Naoki Mitani, 2012. "Long-Term Trends in Leisure and Work Hours," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 79-108.
- Arvind Ashta, 2015. "Why Does Creative Destruction No Longer Work? Proposing Actions for a Future with Reduced Employment," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 58(5), pages 428-438, September.
- Tor Jacobson & Henry Ohlsson, 2000.
"Working time, employment, and work sharing: Evidence from Sweden,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 169-187.
- Jacobson, Tor & Ohlsson, Henry, 1996. "Working Time, Employment, and Work Sharing: Evidence from Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 135, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Jehle, Geoffrey A. & Lieberman, Marc O., 1992. "Optimal implicit contracts and the choice between layoffs and work sharing," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 251-267, May.
- Ning, Guangjie, 2010. "Can educational expansion improve income inequality? Evidences from the CHNS 1997 and 2006 data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 397-412, December.
- Sanne, Christer, 2000. "Dealing with environmental savings in a dynamical economy-how to stop chasing your tail in the pursuit of sustainability," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 487-495, June.
- Dur, Robert A. J., 2001. "Explaining unemployment trends in the Netherlands," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 161-168, February.
- Doeringer, Peter B., 1988. "Market structure, jobs, and productivity: Observations from Jamaica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 465-482, April.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Huang, Chun-chieh & Lai, Ching-chong, 2007. "Working hours reduction and wage contracting style in a dynamic model with labor adjustment costs," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 971-993, March.
- Peng, Rui & Mo, Huadong & Xie, Min & Levitin, Gregory, 2013. "Optimal structure of multi-state systems with multi-fault coverage," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 18-25.
- Giacomo Corneo, 1995. "Distributional implications of a shorter working week: An unpleasant note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 25-31, February.
- Paul Lanoie & Francois Raymond & Bruce Shearer, 2001. "Work sharing and productivity: evidence from firm level data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1213-1220.
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2010.
"Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 908-918, June.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2006. "Minimum Wages, Globalization and Poverty in Honduras," IZA Discussion Papers 2497, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Katherine Terrell & T. H. Gindling, 2008. "Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-23, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thomas Moutos, 2006. "Technological Change, Inequality And Work Sharing," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(3), pages 305-318, July.
- Calmfors, Lars & Hoel, Michael, 1988. " Work Sharing and Overtime," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(1), pages 45-62.
- Warren C. Robinson, 1969. ""Disguised" Unemployment Once Again: East Pakistan, 1951–1961," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 51(3), pages 592-604.
- Ning, Guangjie, 2010. "Can Educational Expansion Improve Income Inequality in China? Evidences from the CHNS 1997 and 2006 Data," IZA Discussion Papers 5148, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bartholdi III, John J. & Eisenstein, Donald D. & Lim, Yun Fong, 2006. "Bucket brigades on in-tree assembly networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(3), pages 870-879, February.
- Hart, R. A., 1990. "Profit sharing and work sharing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-14, September.
- Raposo, Pedro S. & van Ours, Jan C., 2010. "How working time reduction affects jobs and wages," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 61-63, January.
- Martínez-Alier, Joan & Pascual, Unai & Vivien, Franck-Dominique & Zaccai, Edwin, 2010. "Sustainable de-growth: Mapping the context, criticisms and future prospects of an emergent paradigm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1741-1747, July.
- Mikal Skuterud, 2007. "Identifying the Potential of Work-Sharing as a Job-Creation Strategy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 265-287.
- King, Lewis C. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2017. "Worktime Reduction as a Solution to Climate Change: Five Scenarios Compared for the UK," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 124-134.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 1995. "Will raising the incomes of all increase the happiness of all?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 35-47, June.
- Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Honney, John K., 1991. "The union-nonunion wage differential over the business cycle : Evidence from PSID," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 97-103, September.
- E. Dominguez & M. Ullibarri & I. Zabaleta, 2011. "Reduction of working hours as a policy of work sharing in the face of an economic crisis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 683-686.
- FitzRoy, Felix R, 1981. "Work-Sharing and Insurance Policy: A Cure for Stagflation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 432-447.
- Petri Bockerman & Jaakko Kiander, 2002. "Has work-sharing worked in Finland?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 39-41.
- Erik de Regt, 2009. "Hourly wages and working time in the Dutch market sector 1962-1995," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 765-778.
- Krstic, Gorana & Litchfield, Julie & Reilly, Barry, 2007. "An anatomy of male labour market earnings inequality in Serbia, 1996-2003," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, 2009. "Emergence and evolution of ATM networks in the UK, 1967-2000," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(1), pages 1-27.
- Thorsten Schank, 2006. "Have Employees In Germany Received Full Wage Compensation After A Cut In Standard Hours?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 273-293, June.
- Stephen Devereux, 2005. "Can minimum wages contribute to poverty reduction in poor countries?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 899-912.
- Pullinger, Martin, 2014. "Working time reduction policy in a sustainable economy: Criteria and options for its design," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 11-19.
- Jun Ando, 2011. "Identity and Couples' Housework Sharing," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 3-29.
- Schreiber, Sven, 2008. "Did work-sharing work in France? Evidence from a structural co-integrated VAR model," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 478-490, June.
- Gaston, Noel, 1992. "A Characterization of Australian Unemployment Compensation: An Analysis of Labour Market Adjustment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(202), pages 247-253, September.
- Friesen, Jane, 2001. "Overtime pay regulation and weekly hours of work in Canada," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 691-720, December.
More about this item
KeywordsUnemployment; worktime; sharing; work reduction; inequality; happiness;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- M55 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Contracting Devices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2017-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2017-12-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-12-18 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/261958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.