Report NEP-HIS-2017-12-18This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-HIS
The following items were announced in this report:
- Enflo, Kerstin & Missiaia, Anna, 2017. "Between Malthus and the industrial take-off: regional inequality in Sweden, 1571-1850," Lund Papers in Economic History 168, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- José M. Menudo, 2017. "Turgot, Smith and Steuart on Stadial Histories," Working Papers 17.14, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Valentin Seidler, 2017. "Institutional copying in the 20th century: The role of 14,000 British colonial officers," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 345, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Martin Ellison & Andrew Scott, 2017. "Managing the UK National Debt 1694-2017," Economics Series Working Papers 833, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Giovanni Federico & Paul Sharp & Antonio Tena-Junguito, 2017. "Openness and growth in a historical perspective: a VECM approach," Working Papers 0118, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Jane Humphries & Jacob Weisdorf, 2017. "Unreal Wages? Real Income And Economic Growth In England, 1260-1850," Working Papers 0121, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Wolf-Fabian Hungerland, 2017. "The Gains from Import Variety in Two Globalisations: Evidence from Germany," Working Papers 0120, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Nicolas Vallois & Dorian Jullien, 2017. "Replication in experimental economics: A historical and quantitative approach focused on public good game experiments," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01651080, HAL.
- Warren E. Weber & Robert Lucas & Juan Pablo Nicolini & Luca Benati, 2017. "International Evidence on Long Run Money Demand," 2017 Meeting Papers 1154, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Murat Iyigun & Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2017. "The Long-run Effects of Agricultural Productivity on Conflict, 1400-1900," NBER Working Papers 24066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cesaratto, Sergio, 2017. "Garegnani, Ackley and the years of high theory at Svimez," Centro Sraffa Working Papers CSWP26, Centro di Ricerche e Documentazione "Piero Sraffa".
- Popov, Alexander, 2017. "Evidence on finance and economic growth," Working Paper Series 2115, European Central Bank.
- Christoph Eder & Martin Halla, 2017. "Economic Origins of Cultural Norms: The Case of Animal Husbandry and Bastardy," Economics working papers 2017-19, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Tomohiro Machikita & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2017. "Market Access, Technology, and Plant Lifecycles: A Natural Experiment from Japan's Opening to Trade in 1859," CIGS Working Paper Series 17-011E, The Canon Institute for Global Studies.
- Gustavsson, Magnus, 2017. "Is Job Polarization a Recent Phenomenon? Evidence from Sweden, 1950–2013, and a Comparison to the United States," Working Paper Series 2017:14, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- José M. Menudo & Nicolas Rieucau, 2017. "The Rural Economics of René de Girardin: Landscapes at the Service of l’Idéologie Nobiliaire," Working Papers 17.15, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Aurélien Goutsmedt & Erich Pinzón-Fuchs & Matthieu Renault & Francesco Sergi, 2017. "Reacting to the Lucas Critique: The Keynesians' Pragmatic Replies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01625169, HAL.
- De George, Emmanuel T. & Li, Xi & Shivakumar, Lakshmanan, 2016. "A review of the IFRS adoption literature," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67599, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Takeshi Abe & Izumi Shirai & Takenobu Yuki, 2017. "Socio-Economic Activities of Former Feudal Lords in the Meiji Japan," TERG Discussion Papers 373, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2017. "The Postwar British Productivity Failure," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 350, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Rachid Mira, 2017. "Rentabilité et coût du capital dans le projet industriel algérien Le cas de la Société Nationale des Véhicules Industriels (SNVI)," CEPN Working Papers hal-01593280, HAL.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2017. "Spatial Patterns of Development: A Meso Approach," NBER Working Papers 24088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriano Do Vale, 2017. "Un récit historique alternatif sur l’indépendance des banques centrales: la doctrine et les pratiques avant la théorie ou l’art avant la science," CEPN Working Papers 2017-20, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- Kander, Astrid & Taalbi, Josef & Oksanen, Juha & Sjöö, Karolin & Rilla, Nina, 2017. "Innovation Trends and Industrial Renewal in Finland and Sweden 1970-2013," Lund Papers in Economic History 167, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Edward N. Wolff, 2017. "Household Wealth Trends in the United States, 1962 to 2016: Has Middle Class Wealth Recovered?," NBER Working Papers 24085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valentin Seidler, 2017. "Copying informal Institutions: The role of British colonial officers during the decolonization of British Africa," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 346, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Alan Dye & Sumner La Croix, 2017. "From Land Grants to Loan Farms: Property Rights and the Extent of Settlement in Dutch South Africa, 1652-1750," Working Papers 201706, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Delcey, 2019. "Samuelson vs Fama on the Efficient Market Hypothesis: The Point of View of Expertise [Samuelson vs Fama sur l’efficience informationnelle des marchés financiers : le point de vue de l’expertise]," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01618347, HAL.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2017. "Spatial Patterns of Development: A Meso Approach," Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute Working Papers 4, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ho, Hoang-Anh & Martinsson, Peter & Olsson, Ola, 2017. "The Origins of Cultural Divergence: Evidence from a Developing Country," Working Papers in Economics 714, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2018.
- Nils Herger, 2017. "Testing the interest parity condition with Irving Fisher's example of Indian rupee and sterling bonds in the London financial market (1869 - 1906)," Working Papers 17.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Pooya Alaedini & Khayyam Azizimehr, 2017. "Middle Class in Iran: Oil Rents, Modernization, and Political Development," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201756, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Polukhina Elizaveta & Strelnikova Anna & Vanke Alexandrina, 2017. "The Transformation of Working-Class Identity in Post-Soviet Russia: A Case-Study of an Ural Industrial Neighborhood," HSE Working papers WP BRP 77/SOC/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Rémi BAZILLIER & Victoire GIRARD, 2017. "The gold digger and the machine. Evidence on the distributive effect of the artisanal and industrial gold rushes in Burkina Faso," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2545, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Arvind Ashta, 2017. "Work-sharing from Different Angles: A literature review," Working Papers CEB 17-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bucci, Andrea, 2017. "Forecasting realized volatility: a review," MPRA Paper 83232, University Library of Munich, Germany.