Between Malthus and the industrial take-off: regional inequality in Sweden, 1571-1850
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerstin Enflo & Joan Ramón Rosés, 2015.
"Coping with regional inequality in Sweden: structural change, migrations, and policy, 1860–2000,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 68(1), pages 191-217, February.
- Rosés, Joan R. & Enflo, Kerstin, 2012. "Coping with regional inequality in Sweden : structural change, migrations and policy, 1860-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp12-09, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Enflo, Kerstin & Rosés, Joan, 2012. "Coping with Regional Inequality in Sweden: Structural Change, Migrations and Policy, 1860-2000," Lund Papers in Economic History 122, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Kerstin Enflo & Joan Ramón Rosés, 2012. "Coping with Regional Inequality in Sweden: Structural Change, Migrations and Policy, 1860-2000," Working Papers 0029, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2011.
"Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusian Epoch,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 2003-2041, August.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2008. "Malthusian Population Dynamics: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 2008-6, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2011. "Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusian Epoch," NBER Working Papers 17037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2010. "Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusian Epoch," Center for Development Economics 2010-07, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised May 2011.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2008. "Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusain Epoch," Working Papers 2008-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2010. "Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusian Epoch," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-01, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised May 2011.
- Ashraf, Quamrul & Galor, Oded, 2008. "Dynamics and Stagnation in the Malthusian Epoch: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 7057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger Fouquet & Stephen Broadberry, 2015.
"Seven Centuries of European Economic Growth and Decline,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 227-244, Fall.
- Fouquet, Roger & Broadberry, Stephen, 2015. "Seven centuries of European economic growth and decline," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63626, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen Broadberry & Roger Fouquet, 2015. "Seven centuries of European economic growth and decline," GRI Working Papers 206, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Lennart Schon & Olle Krantz, 2012. "The Swedish economy in the early modern period: constructing historical national accounts," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 529-549, November.
- Enflo, Kerstin & Lundh, Christer & Prado, Svante, 2014. "The role of migration in regional wage convergence: Evidence from Sweden 1860–1940," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 93-110.
- Rodney Benjamin Edvinsson, 2013. "Swedish GDP 1620-1800 : stagnation or growth ?," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 7(1), pages 37-60, January.
- Kerstin Enflo & Anna Missiaia, 2018. "Regional GDP estimates for Sweden, 1571–1850," Historical Methods: A Journal of Quantitative and Interdisciplinary History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 115-137, April.
- Julio Martínez-Galarraga & Joan R. Rosés & Daniel A. Tirado, 2015.
"The Long-Term Patterns of Regional Income Inequality in Spain, 1860-2000,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(4), pages 502-517, April.
- Martínez-Galarraga, Julio & Rosés, Joan R. & Tirado, Daniel A., 2010. "The long-term patterns of regional income inequality in Spain (1860-2000)," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp10-08, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Frank Geary & Tom Stark, 2002. "Examining Ireland"s Post--famine Economic Growth Performance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 919-935, October.
- Olsson, Mats & Svensson, Patrick, 2010. "Agricultural growth and institutions: Sweden, 1700–1860," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 275-304, August.
- Emanuele Felice, 2011. "Regional value added in Italy, 1891–2001, and the foundation of a long‐term picture," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(3), pages 929-950, August.
- Wallis, Patrick & Colson, Justin & Chilosi, David, 2018. "Structural change and economic growth in the British economy before the Industrial Revolution, 1500-1800," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84510, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Schön, Lennart & Krantz, Olle, 2015. "New Swedish Historical National Accounts since the 16th Century in Constant and Current Prices," Lund Papers in Economic History 140, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
More about this item
Keywordsregional GDP; Sweden; long-run regional inequality; pre-industrial regional development; Malthusian dynamics;
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N93 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2017-12-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-GRO-2017-12-18 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2017-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TID-2017-12-18 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:luekhi:0168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Karlsson) or (Benny Carlsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dhlunse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.