The Impact of Distance to Nearest Education Institution on the Post-Compulsory Education Participation Decision
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Andy Dickerson & Steven McIntosh, 2013. "The Impact of Distance to Nearest Education Institution on the Post-compulsory Education Participation Decision," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(4), pages 742-758, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Mcintosh, 2006.
"Further Analysis of the Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(2), pages 225-251, April.
- McIntosh, Steven, 2004. "Further analysis of the returns to academic and vocational qualifications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19472, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Steven McIntosh, 2004. "Further Analysis of the Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications," CEE Discussion Papers 0035, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Dearden, Lorraine, et al, 2002.
"The Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications in Britain,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 249-274, July.
- Lorraine Dearden & Steven McIntosh & Michal Myck & Anna Vignoles, 2000. "The Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications in Britain," CEE Discussion Papers 0004, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2004.
"Parental Education and Childs Education: A Natural Experiment,"
CEE Discussion Papers
0040, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2004. "Parental education and child’s education : a natural experiment," Working Papers 200414, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chevalier, Arnaud, 2004. "Parental Education and Child's Education: A Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 1153, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2004. "Parental Education And Child's Education: A Natural Experiment," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 42, Royal Economic Society.
- Gavan Conlon, 2005. "The Determinants of Undertaking Academic and Vocational Qualifications in the United Kingdom," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 299-313.
- Pamela Lenton, 2005. "The school-to-work transition in England and Wales," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(2), pages 88-113, May.
- Patricia Rice, 1999. "The impact of local labour markets on investment in further education: Evidence from the England and Wales youth cohort studies," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 287-312.
- McVicar, Duncan & Rice, Patricia, 2001.
"Participation in Further Eduction in England and Wales: An Analysis of Post-War Trends,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 47-66, January.
- McVicar, Duncan & Rice, Patricia, 2000. "Participation in further education in England and Wales: an analysis of post-war trends," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 14, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
- Micklewright, John, 1989. "Choice at Sixteen," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(221), pages 25-39, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leslie S. Stratton & Nabanita Datta Gupta & David Reimer & Anders Holm, 2017.
"Modeling Enrollment in and Completion of Vocational Education: The Role of Cognitive and Non-cognitive Skills by Program Type,"
University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers
20172, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Leslie S. Stratton & Nabanita Datta Gupta & David Reimer & Anders Holm, 2017. "Modeling Enrollment in and Completion of Vocational Education: The role of cognitive and non-cognitive skills by program type," Economics Working Papers 2017-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Stratton, Leslie S. & Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Reimer, David & Holm, Anders, 2017. "Modeling Enrollment in and Completion of Vocational Education: The Role of Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills by Program Type," IZA Discussion Papers 10741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kenzo Asahi, 2014. "The Impact of Better School Accessibility on Student outcomes," SERC Discussion Papers 0156, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Kobus, Martijn B.W. & Van Ommeren, Jos N. & Rietveld, Piet, 2015. "Student commute time, university presence and academic achievement," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 129-140.
- K. Bruce Newbold & W. Mark Brown, 2015. "The Urban–Rural Gap In University Attendance: Determinants Of University Participation Among Canadian Youth," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 585-608, September.
More about this item
Keywordspost-compulsory education participation; travel distance;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-04-17 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-04-17 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2010007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jacob Holmes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .