Further analysis of the returns to academic and vocational qualifications
This paper uses data from the Labour Force Survey over the period 1996-2002 to investigate the returns to a detailed list of academic and vocational qualifications. In particular, the analysis focuses on how these returns have varied over the time period considered, how the returns vary over an individual's lifetime using a pseudo cohort analysis, and how the returns vary according to the highest level of qualification obtained at school. Copyright 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Jan 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Card & Thomas Lemieux, 2000.
"Can Falling Supply Explain the Rising Return to College for Younger Men? A Cohort-Based Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
7655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Thomas Lemieux, 2001. "Can Falling Supply Explain The Rising Return To College For Younger Men? A Cohort-Based Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 116(2), pages 705-746, May.
- Lorraine Dearden & Steven McIntosh & Michal Myck & Anna Vignoles, 2000.
"The Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications in Britain,"
CEE Discussion Papers
0004, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Dearden, Lorraine, et al, 2002. "The Returns to Academic and Vocational Qualifications in Britain," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 249-74, July.
- Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 2000. "The Returns to the Quantity and Quality of Education: Evidence for Men in England and Wales," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 19-35, February.
- Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 1995. "Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling for the United Kingdom," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1278-86, December.
- Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The marginal and average returns to schooling in the UK," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 879-887, April.
- Gosling, Amanda & Machin, Stephen & Meghir, Costas, 2000.
"The Changing Distribution of Male Wages in the U.K,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(4), pages 635-66, October.
- A Gosling & Stephen Machin, 1995. "The Changing Distribution of Male Wages in the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp0271, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Amanda Gosling & Stephen Machin & Costas Meghir, 1994. "The changing distribution of male wages in the UK," IFS Working Papers W94/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:19472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.