Do incentive systems spur work motivations of inventors in high-tech firms
In this article, we explore the potential tensions between the incentive systems of group of inventors and knowledge diversity in a high tech firm.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 2014, 24, 135-157|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00930186|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Minkler, Lanse, 2004.
"Shirking and motivations in firms: survey evidence on worker attitudes,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 863-884, June.
- Lanse Minkler, 2002. "Shirking and Motivation in Firms: Survey Evidence on Worker Attitudes," Working papers 2002-37, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Lanse Minkler, 2002. "Shirking and Motivations in Firms: Survey Evidence on Worker Attitudes," Working papers 2002-40, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Sidney G. Winter, 2012. "Capabilities: Their Origins and Ancestry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(8), pages 1402-1406, December.
- Dupouet, Olivier & Yildizoglu, Murat, 2006.
"Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 668-690, December.
- Olivier DUPOUËT (BETA UMR CNRS 7522) & Murat YILDIZOGLU (IFReDE-E3i), 2003. "Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2003-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Witt, Ulrich, 2011.
"Emergence and functionality of organizational routines: an individualistic approach,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 157-174, June.
- Ulrich Witt, 2009. "Emergence and Functionality of Organizational Routines An Individualistic Approach," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-24, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Alain Raybaut, 2007. "Knowledge, Hierarchy and incentives: Why human resource policy and trust matter," Post-Print hal-00453292, HAL.
- Friebel, Guido & Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2002.
"Fighting for Talent: Risk-Shifting, Corporate Volatility, and Organizational Change,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido Friebel & Mariassunta Giannetti, 2002. "Fighting for Talent: Risk-shifting, Corporate Volatility, and Organizational Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 793, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nathalie Lazaric, 2011.
"Organizational routines and cognition: an introduction to empirical an analytical contributions,"
- Lazaric, Nathalie, 2011. "Organizational routines and cognition: an introduction to empirical and analytical contributions," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 147-156, June.
- Anna Grandori, 2001. "Neither Hierarchy nor Identity: Knowledge-Governance Mechanisms and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 381-399, September.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Alain Raybaut, 2005. "Knowledge, hierarchy and the selection of routines: an interpretative model with group interactions," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 393-421, October.
- James Bessen & Eric Maskin, 2006.
"Sequential Innovation, Patents, and Imitation,"
Economics Working Papers
0025, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Bart Nooteboom, 2000. "Learning by Interaction: Absorptive Capacity, Cognitive Distance and Governance," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 69-92, March.
- OWAN Hideo & NAGAOKA Sadao, 2011. "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivations of Inventors," Discussion papers 11022, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Cécile Ayerbe & Nathalie Lazaric & Michel Callois & Mitkova Liliana, 2011. "Nouveaux enjeux d'organisation de la propriété intellectuelle dans les industries complexes: une discussion à partir du cas Thales," Working Papers hal-00599735, HAL.
- Guido Friebel & Mariassunta Giannetti, 2009. "Fighting for Talent: Risk-Taking, Corporate Volatility and Organisation Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(540), pages 1344-1373, October.
- John R. Hauser, 1998. "Research, Development, and Engineering Metrics," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1670-1689, December.
- Marengo, L, 1992. "Coordination and Organizational Learning in the Firm," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 313-26, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00930186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.