Recent Developments In Eu Policies – Challenges For Partial Equilibrium Models
This paper gives an overview on current and prospective modelling challenges for agricultural partial equilibrium (PE) models focussing on EU policies. Starting from a certain policy context, the paper highlights the current capabilities and limitations of existing PE models and, if available, develops some ideas on future modelling directions to advance the usefulness of quantitative information provided.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wier, Mette & Andersen, Johnny M. & Jensen, Jorgen D. & Jensen, Thomas C., 2002. "The EU's Agenda 2000 reform for the agricultural sector: environmental and economic effects in Denmark," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 345-359, May.
- Lehtonen, Heikki & Lankoski, Jussi E. & Niemi, Jyrki S. & Ollikainen, Markku, 2005. "The Impacts of Alternative Policy Scenarios on Multifunctionality," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24459, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chantreuil, Frédéric & Levert, Fabrice & Hanrahan, Kevin, 2005. "The Luxembourg Agreement Reform of the CAP: an Analysis Using the AG-MEMOD Composite Model," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 232590, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- van Ittersum, Martin K. & Ewert, Frank & Heckelei, Thomas & Wery, Jacques & Alkan Olsson, Johanna & Andersen, Erling & Bezlepkina, Irina & Brouwer, Floor & Donatelli, Marcello & Flichman, Guillermo & , 2008. "Integrated assessment of agricultural systems - A component-based framework for the European Union (SEAMLESS)," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 150-165, March.
- Flichman, Guillermo & Donatelli, Marcello & Louhichi, M.K. & Romstad, Eirik & Heckelei, Thomas & Auclair, D. & Garvey, E. & van Ittersum, Martin K. & Janssen, Sander J.C. & Elbersen, Berien S., 2006. "Quantitative models of SEAMLESS-IF and procedures for up-and downscaling," Reports 9297, SEAMLESS: System for Environmental and Agricultural Modelling, Linking European Science and Society.
- Attwood, J. D. & McCarl, B. & Chen, Chi-Chung & Eddleman, B. R. & Nayda, B. & Srinivasan, R., 2000. "Assessing regional impacts of change: linking economic and environmental models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 147-159, March.
- Christine Wieck & Thomas Heckelei, 2007. "Determinants, differentiation, and development of short-term marginal costs in dairy production: an empirical analysis for selected regions of the EU," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 203-220, 03.
- van Tongeren, Frank & van Meijl, Hans & Surry, Yves, 2001.
"Global models applied to agricultural and trade policies: a review and assessment,"
Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 149-172, November.
- Tongeren, Frank van & Meijl, Hans van & Surry, Yves, 2001. "Global models applied to agricultural and trade policies: a review and assessment," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(2), November.
- Judez, L. & Chaya, C. & Martinez, S. & Gonzalez, A. A., 2001. "Effects of the measures envisaged in "Agenda 2000" on arable crop producers and beef and veal producers: an application of Positive Mathematical Programming to representative farms of a Span," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 121-138, February.
- Helming, John & Peerlings, Jack, 2005. "Effects Of The EU Nitrate Directive for the Dutch Agricultural Sector: an Application of a Regional Model of Dutch Agriculture Based on Positive Mathematical Programming," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 234608, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Eppink, Florian V. & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2007. "Ecological theories and indicators in economic models of biodiversity loss and conservation: A critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 284-293, March.
- Stéphane De Cara & Martin Houzé & Pierre-Alain Jayet, 2004.
"Greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture in the EU: A spatial assessment of sources and abatement costs,"
2004/04, INRA, Economie Publique.
- de Cara, Stephane & Houze, Martin & Jayet, Pierre-Alain, 2004. "Greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture in the EU: A spatial assessment of sources and abatement costs," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58401, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Raja Chakir, 2009. "Spatial Downscaling of Agricultural Land-Use Data: An Econometric Approach Using Cross Entropy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(2), pages 238-251.
- Riesgo, Laura & Gomez-Limon, Jose A., 2006. "Multi-criteria policy scenario analysis for public regulation of irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 1-28, November.
- Rozakis, S. & Sourie, J. -C., 2005. "Micro-economic modelling of biofuel system in France to determine tax exemption policy under uncertainty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 171-182, January.
- Ottmar Röhm & Stephan Dabbert, 2003. "Integrating Agri-Environmental Programs into Regional Production Models: An Extension of Positive Mathematical Programming," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 254-265.
- Lehtonen, Heikki & Peltola, Jukka & Sinkkonen, Marko, 2006. "Co-effects of climate policy and agricultural policy on regional agricultural viability in Finland," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 472-493, June.
- Godard, Caroline & Bamière, Laure & Debove, Elodie & De Cara, Stéphane & Jayet, Pierre-Alain & Niang, N.B., 2005. "Interface between Agriculture and the Environment: Integrating Yield Response Functions in an Economic Model of EU Agriculture," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 232663, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR),
INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 57.
- Thomas Heckelei & Wolfgang Britz, 2000. "Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 57, pages 27-50.
- Thomas Heckelei & Wolfgang Britz, 2000. "Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure," Post-Print hal-01200922, HAL.
- Britz, Wolfgang, 2008. "EU-wide spatial down-scaling of results of regional economic models to analyze environmental impacts," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6677, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jasmina Behan & Kieran McQuinn, 2004. "The effects of potential reform of the CAP on greenhouse gas emissions from Irish agriculture: an extensification scenario," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 45-55.
- Elbersen, Berien S. & Kempen, Markus & van Diepen, C.A. & Andersen, Erling & Hazeu, Gerard W. & Verhoog, A. David, 2006. "Protocols for spatial allocation of farm types," Reports 9285, SEAMLESS: System for Environmental and Agricultural Modelling, Linking European Science and Society.
- Westhoff, Patrick C. & Brown, Scott & Hart, Chad E., 2006. "When Point Estimates Miss the Point: Stochastic Modeling of WTO Restrictions," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31341, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Erwin Schmid & Franz Sinabell, 2004. "On the Choice of Farm Management Practices after the Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy in 2003," WIFO Working Papers 233, WIFO.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Juraj Balkovic & Stephane de Cara & Oskar Franklin & Steffen Fritz & Petr Havlik & Ingo Huck & Kerstin Jantke & A. Maarit I. Kallio & Florian Klaxner & Alexander Moiseyev & Michael , 2008. "The European Forest and Agriculture Optimisation Model -- EUFASOM," Working Papers FNU-156, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Feb 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa107:6315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.