The European Forest and Agriculture Optimisation Model -- EUFASOM
Land use is a key factor to social wellbeing and has become a major component in political negotiations. This paper describes the mathematical structure of the European Forest and Agricultural Sector Optimization Model. The model represents simultaneously observed resource and technological heterogeneity, global commodity markets, and multiple environmental qualities. Land scarcity and land competition between traditional agriculture, forests, nature reserves, pastures, and bioenergy plantations is explicitly captured. Environmental change, technological progress, and policies can be investigated in parallel. The model is well-suited to estimate competitive economic potentials of land based mitigation, leakage, and synergies and trade-offs between multiple environmental objectives.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2008|
|Date of revision:||Feb 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bundesstrasse 55, 20146 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 40 42838 6593
Fax: +49 40 42838 7009
Web page: http://www.fnu.zmaw.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van der Werf, Edwin & Peterson, Sonja, 2009.
"Modeling linkages between climate policy and land use: An overview,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
32535, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Edwin van der Werf & Sonja Peterson, 2009. "Modeling linkages between climate policy and land use: an overview," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 507-517, 09.
- Edwin van der Werf & Sonja Peterson, 2007. "Modeling linkages between climate policy and land use: An Overview," Kiel Working Papers 1323, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Edwin van der Werf & Sonja Peterson, 2007. "Modeling Linkages Between Climate Policy and Land Use: An Overview," Working Papers 2007.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- van der Werf, Edwin & Peterson, Sonja, 2007. "Modeling linkages between climate policy and land use: an overview," Kiel Working Papers 1323, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Rajagopal, Deepak & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Review of environmental, economic and policy aspects of biofuels," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4341, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgc:wpaper:156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Uwe Schneider)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.