Cost-effectiveness analysis of algae energy production in the EU
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsoskounoglou, Miltos & Ayerides, George & Tritopoulou, Efi, 2008. "The end of cheap oil: Current status and prospects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3797-3806, October.
- Delucchi, Mark, 2005. "A Multi-Country Analysis of Lifecycle Emissions From Transportation Fuels and Motor Vehicles," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt8nf3606c, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Zachariadis, Theodoros, 2006. "On the baseline evolution of automobile fuel economy in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1773-1785, September.
- Wesseler, Justus & Scatasta, Sara & Nillesen, Eleonora, 2007. "The maximum incremental social tolerable irreversible costs (MISTICs) and other benefits and costs of introducing transgenic maize in the EU-15," MPRA Paper 33229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Pimentel, 2005. "‘Environmental and Economic Costs of the Application of Pesticides Primarily in the United States’," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 229-252, June.
- Pretty, J. N. & Brett, C. & Gee, D. & Hine, R. E. & Mason, C. F. & Morison, J. I. L. & Raven, H. & Rayment, M. D. & van der Bijl, G., 2000. "An assessment of the total external costs of UK agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 113-136, August.
- Hamelinck, Carlo N & Faaij, Andre P.C., 2006. "Outlook for advanced biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3268-3283, November.
- Delucchi, Mark, 2005. "A Multi-Country Analysis Of Lifecycle Emissions From Transportation Fuels And Motor Vehicles," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt5x20v080, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Delucchi, Mark, 2005. "A Multi-Country Analysis of Lifecycle Emissions From Transportation Fuels and Motor Vehicles," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt1z392071, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Jotzo, Frank & Michaelowa, Axel, 2001. "Estimating the CDM market under the Bonn Agreement," HWWA Discussion Papers 145, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Rajagopal, Deepak & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Review of environmental, economic and policy aspects of biofuels," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4341, The World Bank.
- Wesseler, Justus, 2007. "Opportunities (`costs) matter: A comment on Pimentel and Patzek "Ethanol production using corn, switchgrass, and wood; biodiesel production using soybean and sunflower"," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1414-1416, February.
- David J. EVANS, 2006. "Social discount rates for the European Union," Departmental Working Papers 2006-20, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adenle, Ademola A. & Haslam, Gareth E. & Lee, Lisa, 2013. "Global assessment of research and development for algae biofuel production and its potential role for sustainable development in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 182-195.
- Dutta, Kasturi & Daverey, Achlesh & Lin, Jih-Gaw, 2014. "Evolution retrospective for alternative fuels: First to fourth generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 114-122.
- Speranza, Lais Galileu & Ingram, Andrew & Leeke, Gary A., 2015. "Assessment of algae biodiesel viability based on the area requirement in the European Union, United States and Brazil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 406-417.
- Takeshita, Takayuki, 2011. "Competitiveness, role, and impact of microalgal biodiesel in the global energy future," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3481-3491.
- Najafi, Gholamhassan & Ghobadian, Barat & Yusaf, Talal F., 2011. "Algae as a sustainable energy source for biofuel production in Iran: A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3870-3876.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Du, Xiaodong & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2011.
"Second generation biofuels: Economics and policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4222-4234, July.
- Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Du, Xiaodong & Timilsina, Govinda R, 2010. "Second-generation biofuels : economics and policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5406, The World Bank.
- Chakrabarti, Mohammed Harun & Ali, Mehmood & Usmani, Jafar Nazir & Khan, Nasim Ahmed & Hasan, Diya'uddeen Basheer & Islam, Md. Sakinul & Abdul Raman, Abdul Aziz & Yusoff, Rozita & Irfan, Muhammad Fais, 2012. "Status of biodiesel research and development in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4396-4405.
- Chaudry, Sofia & Bahri, Parisa A. & Moheimani, Navid R., 2015. "Pathways of processing of wet microalgae for liquid fuel production: A critical review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1240-1250.
- Piloto-Rodríguez, Ramón & Sánchez-Borroto, Yisel & Melo-Espinosa, Eliezer Ahmed & Verhelst, Sebastian, 2017. "Assessment of diesel engine performance when fueled with biodiesel from algae and microalgae: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 833-842.
- Zhu, Liandong, 2015. "Biorefinery as a promising approach to promote microalgae industry: An innovative framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1376-1384.
- Thomassen, Gwenny & Van Dael, Miet & Lemmens, Bert & Van Passel, Steven, 2017. "A review of the sustainability of algal-based biorefineries: Towards an integrated assessment framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 876-887.
- Moslem Mousavi, Sayed & Bagheri Ghanbarabadi, Morteza & Bagheri Moghadam, Naser, 2012. "The competitiveness of wind power compared to existing methods of electricity generation in Iran," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 651-656.
- Kim, Jiyong & Miller, James E. & Maravelias, Christos T. & Stechel, Ellen B., 2013. "Comparative analysis of environmental impact of S2P (Sunshine to Petrol) system for transportation fuel production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1089-1098.
- Loan T. Le, 2016. "Biofuel Production in Vietnam: Cost-Effectiveness, Energy and GHG Balances," EEPSEA Research Report rr20160315, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Mar 2016.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:10:p:5749-5757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.