Competitiveness, role, and impact of microalgal biodiesel in the global energy future
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Liam & Owende, Philip, 2010. "Biofuels from microalgae--A review of technologies for production, processing, and extractions of biofuels and co-products," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 557-577, February.
- Kovacevic, Vujadin & Wesseler, Justus, 2010. "Cost-effectiveness analysis of algae energy production in the EU," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5749-5757, October.
- van den Broek, R & Teeuwisse, S & Healion, K & Kent, T & van Wijk, A & Faaij, A & Turkenburg, W, 2001. "Potentials for electricity production from wood in Ireland," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 991-1013.
- Takeshita, Takayuki & Yamaji, Kenji, 2008. "Important roles of Fischer-Tropsch synfuels in the global energy future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2791-2802, August.
- Takayuki Takeshita & Kenji Yamaji & Yasumasa Fujii, 2006. "Prospects for interregional energy transportation in a CO 2 -constrained world," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 7(3), pages 285-313, September.
- Takeshita, Takayuki, 2009. "A strategy for introducing modern bioenergy into developing Asia to avoid dangerous climate change," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 222-232, November.
- Takayuki Takeshita & Kenji Yamaji, 2006. "Potential contribution of coal to the future global energy system," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 8(1), pages 55-87, December.
- Subhadra, Bobban G., 2011. "Water management policies for the algal biofuel sector in the Southwestern United States," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(10), pages 3492-3498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weiszer, Michal & Chen, Jun & Locatelli, Giorgio, 2015. "An integrated optimisation approach to airport ground operations to foster sustainability in the aviation sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 567-582.
- Giostri, A. & Binotti, M. & Macchi, E., 2016. "Microalgae cofiring in coal power plants: Innovative system layout and energy analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 449-464.
- Taylor, Benjamin & Xiao, Ning & Sikorski, Janusz & Yong, Minloon & Harris, Tom & Helme, Tim & Smallbone, Andrew & Bhave, Amit & Kraft, Markus, 2013. "Techno-economic assessment of carbon-negative algal biodiesel for transport solutions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 262-274.
- Mercure, Jean-François & Salas, Pablo, 2013.
"On the global economic potentials and marginal costs of non-renewable resources and the price of energy commodities,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 469-483.
- Jean-Francois Mercure & Pablo Salas, 2012. "On the global economic potentials and marginal costs of non-renewable resources and the price of energy commodities," Papers 1209.0708, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2013.
- Adenle, Ademola A. & Haslam, Gareth E. & Lee, Lisa, 2013. "Global assessment of research and development for algae biofuel production and its potential role for sustainable development in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 182-195.
- Mercure, J.-F. & Pollitt, H. & Chewpreecha, U. & Salas, P. & Foley, A.M. & Holden, P.B. & Edwards, N.R., 2014.
"The dynamics of technology diffusion and the impacts of climate policy instruments in the decarbonisation of the global electricity sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 686-700.
- Jean-Francois Mercure & Hector Pollitt & Unnada Chewpreecha & Pablo Salas & Aideen M. Foley & Philip B. Holden & Neil R. Edwards, 2013. "The dynamics of technology diffusion and the impacts of climate policy instruments in the decarbonisation of the global electricity sector," 4CMR Working Paper Series 006, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy, Cambridge Centre for Climate Change Mitigation Research.
- Li, Huajiao & An, Haizhong & Fang, Wei & Wang, Yue & Zhong, Weiqiong & Yan, Lili, 2017. "Global energy investment structure from the energy stock market perspective based on a Heterogeneous Complex Network Model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C), pages 648-657.
- Pérez-Fortes, Mar & Schöneberger, Jan C. & Boulamanti, Aikaterini & Tzimas, Evangelos, 2016. "Methanol synthesis using captured CO2 as raw material: Techno-economic and environmental assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 718-732.
- Dasgupta, Chitralekha Nag & Suseela, M.R. & Mandotra, S.K. & Kumar, Pankaj & Pandey, Manish K. & Toppo, Kiran & Lone, J.A., 2015. "Dual uses of microalgal biomass: An integrative approach for biohydrogen and biodiesel production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 202-208.
More about this item
KeywordsMicroalgae; Biodiesel; Renewable jet fuel; CO2 capture; CO2 stabilization; Energy system model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:10:p:3481-3491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.